PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed III opening ideas!

OriginalMiles
03-23-2012, 10:26 PM
Hey Guys
So the point of this is to post what you would like to see as the opening for
AC III, like if you want another Desmond monologue, and Full on Connor, or something
different!

I'd like a Desmond Monologue, and him talking about stuff.

eagleforlife1
03-23-2012, 10:30 PM
Desmond monologue. I think we will see Connor as a youth maybe being taught how to hunt and live life in the frontier by other members of his tribe.

UrDeviant1
03-23-2012, 10:34 PM
Desmond monologue. I think I saw It written, or In a video interview by GI that we'll be assassinating someone very early on in the game.

JCearlyyears
03-23-2012, 10:35 PM
Desmond monologue

bighouse_761
03-23-2012, 10:49 PM
i think its gunna be something involving desmond but i think its either an ambuse my abstergo agents or something outside thier van or near it becuase i think its gunna have to be desomd killing someone at the begening of the game becuase if we play as connor as a child his missons at the begening will be like tree climbing and hutting and mabey tree cutting or something to tell you the attack bu_ttons

oliacr
03-23-2012, 11:02 PM
We will se the young Connor. And some redcoats.

frogger504
03-23-2012, 11:08 PM
Conner 's village being destroyed and killing an invading Colonist with his knife.

blazefp
03-23-2012, 11:24 PM
wow everyone wants Desmond's monologue. I would go for that too but after that I'd like to see what the heck he saw in the end of ACR and where they were. Only after that I'd like to see Connor being born

SixKeys
03-24-2012, 12:59 AM
Desmond monologues have started every game since AC2, I believe. It's a good way for new players to catch up on the story so far. I'm fairly certain AC3 will start with one as well.

souNdwAve89
03-24-2012, 01:40 AM
I expect them to continue the tradition of having a summary of all the games. Since Alex Hutchinson said that we'll be assassinating someone in the first 30 seconds, I can see them having a future scene of Connor or Desmond killing someone (like how in Brotherhood where Ezio was fighting Cesare at the battle in Viana).

AnthonyA85
03-24-2012, 03:19 AM
We'll probably get a Desmond monologue, they seem to be the standard for all the AC sequels (ACR being the only exception), then we'll either get another memory-within-memory thing (like we did with ACB) and try to access a late part of Connor's life only to get kicked out, OR (and this is more likely), it'll start similar to how AC2 started, with Desmond and Co just getting out of the van, picking up right were ACR left off.

As for Connor, it'll probably start his story around about the same time Ezio's did, in his mid teens.

souNdwAve89
03-24-2012, 04:18 AM
As for Connor, it'll probably start his story around about the same time Ezio's did, in his mid teens.

I think it'll start when Connor is a child since they stated that we'll get to play as him when he was young and in the Mohawk village.

tH3PatRi0Tx1776
03-24-2012, 04:42 AM
Most likely with the Desmond monologue and then have Desmond fight and kill some Templars, then going towards the Temple and finding out that you need something to open it, so you go into Connors memories, which will then include him being in the Village learning how to do things, then after you learn everything, the village is attacked during the French-Indian war by some colonists, in redcoats most likely, since they were considered part of the British army during that war. You then protect your village from the attackers and you help the villagers escape. Or something like that would be pretty interesting.

hotgal187
03-24-2012, 05:00 AM
i thnik we wil c desmend been born with coners prants

GeneralTrumbo
03-24-2012, 10:18 AM
i thnik we wil c desmend been born with coners prants
What?

Anyways, I think of course it will start off with a Desmond monologue. Then, probably something with Desmond and everyone getting out of the van at the Grand Temple. From there, I can't say I can guess much.

frogger504
03-24-2012, 10:28 AM
Anyone forget that we are supposed to assassinate within 30 seconds? The fastest one was in a minute and a half. Then they gotta explain why we killing people. Unless it's an audio monologue while we see the real events going on, or Conner while his village is being invaded, or a main menu/loading screen meta game.

GeneralTrumbo
03-24-2012, 02:04 PM
Anyone forget that we are supposed to assassinate within 30 seconds? The fastest one was in a minute and a half. Then they gotta explain why we killing people. Unless it's an audio monologue while we see the real events going on, or Conner while his village is being invaded, or a main menu/loading screen meta game.
I am thinking that the assassination might be coming from Desmond.

De Filosoof
03-24-2012, 05:27 PM
I think it'll start when Connor is a child since they stated that we'll get to play as him when he was young and in the Mohawk village.

offtopic: I hope we get his little kid appearance as a skin just just like the noble attire outfit in ac2.
Would be awesome to walk on the roofs in Boston as a young Connor.

ontopic: I think it wil start with a monologue and after that young Connor killing a colonist or Desmond killing a templar at the grand temple.

AnthonyA85
03-24-2012, 05:32 PM
We are DEFINATELY going to get a Desmond monologue, a behind-the-scenes video released today on playtube confirms that, during the video, it plays a few lines from Desmond, describing what happened at the end of ACR, about how he was show the vision by Jupiter, which means we probably will start right were ACR left off.

GeneralTrumbo
03-24-2012, 05:33 PM
We are DEFINATELY going to get a Desmond monologue, a behind-the-scenes video released today on gametube confirms that, during the video, it plays a few lines from Desmond, describing what happened at the end of ACR, about how he was show the vision by Jupiter, which means we probably will start right were ACR left off.
Link?

De Filosoof
03-24-2012, 05:36 PM
We are DEFINATELY going to get a Desmond monologue, a behind-the-scenes video released today on playtube confirms that, during the video, it plays a few lines from Desmond, describing what happened at the end of ACR, about how he was show the vision by Jupiter, which means we probably will start right were ACR left off.

Can you give us the link for the behind the scenes video?

AnthonyA85
03-24-2012, 05:36 PM
Link?

playtube GDC AC3 vid (http://www.gameone.de/playtube/gdc-2012-behind-the-game-interview-assassin-s-creed-iii/631371) I got the link wrong in my last post :p

GeneralTrumbo
03-24-2012, 05:42 PM
playtube GDC AC3 vid (http://www.gameone.de/playtube/gdc-2012-behind-the-game-interview-assassin-s-creed-iii/631371) I got the link wrong in my last post :p
:O Interesting...something tells me that wasn't supposed to be in there. =P But, I am sure that wasn't the full monologue, just a bit of it.

POP1Fan
03-24-2012, 05:47 PM

No buying shops and aqueducts. BEST NEWS EVER !

De Filosoof
03-24-2012, 05:51 PM
Thanks!

GeneralTrumbo
03-24-2012, 05:53 PM
Although an economy concept will be in the game.

LightRey
03-24-2012, 05:58 PM
Wouldn't make sens to have such a system in this setting anyways. :P

POP1Fan
03-24-2012, 06:04 PM

I bet it will be better than the last two games.

Wouldn't make sens to have such a system in this setting anyways. :P

That's why i didin't want one xD

AnthonyA85
03-24-2012, 06:24 PM

Yes, but instead of getting our money from banks and renovations, looks like we'll get them from animal skins, (the better the quality, the more they'll be worth), and the specific clubs who want them, at least, that's what i'm thinking

tarrero
03-24-2012, 08:21 PM
Imagine that once Desmond and his team reach the temple, besides the apple, they need ( again haha) some artifacts in order gain access, after everyone`s tantrum, Desmonds experiments bleeding effect, in which a name comes up, "Connor".

That would be the perfect excuse to relieve his memories, and well, during Connors lifetime, what if mohawk tribe had known for centuries the location of some "holy places" across their lands (aka the frontier) but that map is lost since the village attack, he goes for the kill, retrieves the map, which requires eagle vision to work, he visits those places as time, aka game, progresses, then he finally enters the temple, realizes the message is not for him and hides wharever he had found in hopes for the "chosen one" to find it........

I think it could work.

oliacr
03-24-2012, 08:23 PM
Imagine that once Desmond and his team reach the temple, besides the apple, they need ( again haha) some artifacts in order gain access, after everyone`s tantrum, Desmonds experiments bleeding effect, in which a name comes up, "Connor".

That would be the perfect excuse to relieve his memories, and well, during Connors lifetime, what if mohawk tribe had known for centuries the location of some "holy places" across their lands (aka the frontier) but that map is lost since the village attack, he goes for the kill, retrieves the map, which requires eagle vision to work, he visits those places as time, aka game, progresses, then he finally enters the temple, realizes the message is not for him and hides wharever he had found in hopes for the "chosen one" to find it........

I think it could work.

Or they find the temple in the end!

VRTX97
03-24-2012, 09:04 PM

Uhm sorry but those lines aren't from AC3, they're from this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTjxVcIANdc&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube. com%2Fresults%3Fsearch_query%3Dassassin%27s%2Bcree d%2Brevelations%2Bget%2Bcaught%2Bup%26oq%3Dassassi n%27s%2Bcreed%2Brevelations%2Bget%2Bcaught%2Bup%26 aq%3Df%26aqi%3D%26aql%3D%26gs_l%3Dyoutube.3...7716 03l780242l0l781123l44l25l0l0l0l0l0l0ll0l0.&has_ver ified=1

GeneralTrumbo
03-24-2012, 09:10 PM
Oh well, I still think a Desmond monologue will be present, as always. Maybe this time it'll be said by TWCB?

Psychbrite
03-24-2012, 09:12 PM
Having just finished ACR I got the feeling right at the end that Desmond had been moved to the Farm, there was a flash right at end that looked like a red barn and a bunch of green nature stuff...
And seeing how they said we'd be assassinating someone within 30 seconds, I'm thinking Desmonds starts in what seems like a sneak level or a fight with templars but it's really a training course to see how he's holding up after the animus coma.

Just my thoughts.

LightRey
03-24-2012, 09:53 PM
Having just finished ACR I got the feeling right at the end that Desmond had been moved to the Farm, there was a flash right at end that looked like a red barn and a bunch of green nature stuff...
And seeing how they said we'd be assassinating someone within 30 seconds, I'm thinking Desmonds starts in what seems like a sneak level or a fight with templars but it's really a training course to see how he's holding up after the animus coma.

Just my thoughts.
He's not, sorry. He's in New York (State), at the coordinates of the Grand Temple found at the end of the Da Vinci Disappearance in ACB. The Farm was near Rapid City.

pacmanate
03-24-2012, 10:06 PM
I think that some templar abstergo guards might have got their too earlier and he has to just take them out and hide the bodies or something

OriginalMiles
08-08-2012, 05:15 AM
So, reviving for the sake of reviving.
Release is close, what do you think the opening for AC3 will be!!
Discuss people, DISCUSS!!

Stroonzje
08-08-2012, 01:24 PM
i hope for the love of god that the desmond monologue includes information from when and how he escaped from the farm... MAYBE even a little gameplay of him escaping.. that would be epic

POP1Fan
08-08-2012, 01:34 PM
i hope for the love of god that the desmond monologue includes information from when and how he escaped from the farm... MAYBE even a little gameplay of him escaping.. that would be epic

Did you play Revelations?

Stroonzje
08-08-2012, 01:41 PM
Did you play Revelations?
Yes, I did hear the stuff about that, but the closest thing i got to a picture was a dark room kinda thing... im hoping for a a sequence where desmonds escapes from the farm wouldn't be surprised if it came out as a dlc something like "Desmonds Escape"

Amaral724
08-08-2012, 03:07 PM
Desmond monologue of course.

I'm always very excited to see the how Assassin's creed games start. And ac3 is no exception

TheHumanTowel
08-08-2012, 03:23 PM
I think the Desmond monologue's a given. Someone has to summarise five years of plot twists for newcomers. I hope AC3 has an intro or title sequence similar to AC2. AC1 didn't have one and neither did ACR if I recall correctly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EoOojQkwOw
It's just so cinematic. I'd like AC3 to have something similar.

kudos17
08-08-2012, 03:46 PM
It'll begin as it always does...

Desmond monologue. Ancestor (Connor) doing something abrupt and cinematic. Animus segment over. Cut to intro sequence of Desmond's life.

I mean, c'mon people, they can't break tradition ;)

Amaral724
08-08-2012, 06:07 PM
It'll begin as it always does...

Desmond monologue. Ancestor (Connor) doing something abrupt and cinematic. Animus segment over. Cut to intro sequence of Desmond's life.

I mean, c'mon people, they can't break tradition ;)

Yeah, you're right :)

Amaral724
08-08-2012, 06:15 PM
But , i think one of the first cenes wee will see , is Ezio talking to Desmond right?

He say"now listen .." and cant finish ... I mean , need to bee in the beginning of the game, its a wayy to finish ezio and start with Connor, what you guys think?

freddie_1897
08-08-2012, 06:17 PM
But , i think one of the first cenes wee will see , is Ezio talking to Desmond right?

He say"now listen .." and cant finish ... I mean , need to bee in the beginning of the game, its a wayy to finish ezio and start with Connor, what you guys think?
no, there was an ending cutscene with desmond getting out of the car, he's not gonna go back in the animus again, plus, when ezio says 'now listen' he's talking about the message you are given by jupiter

Amaral724
08-08-2012, 06:27 PM
no, there was an ending cutscene with desmond getting out of the car, he's not gonna go back in the animus again, plus, when ezio says 'now listen' he's talking about the message you are given by jupiter

Yes, i know about that cutscene.

I dont really belive that's the message, i mean, maybe ezio discover something , and maybe wee will see that message in the end or the beginning of the game. Just my opinion :)

PS: i like the AC'S beginnings, the story its really good and we have all that toturial, wee start with small missions ... its really good

freddie_1897
08-08-2012, 06:30 PM
Yes, i know about that cutscene.

I dont really belive that's the message, i mean, maybe ezio discover something , and maybe wee will see that message in the end or the beginning of the game. Just my opinion :)

PS: i like the AC'S beginnings, the story its really good and we have all that toturial, wee start with small missions ... its really good
no, Ezio received the message when the apple he found pulsed. that gave him the idea to try and talk to desmond. so he told him to listen because he's a conduit delivering a message to desmond. and jupiters message was the message, nothing more, nothing less

naran6142
08-08-2012, 06:43 PM
Well didnt 16, do the intro for ACR?

But it think it might something like Desmond slips into Eagle sense mode and relives a bit of connor killing some one around the entrance to the grand temple... They did say that we will be assassinating someone within the first 30 seconds right, I just hope its not some templar ambush

Amaral724
08-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Now i understand , i think that pulse its just a pulse, nothing more

Amaral724
08-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Well didnt 16, do the intro for ACR?

But it think it might something like Desmond slips into Eagle sense mode and relives a bit of connor killing some one around the entrance to the grand temple... They did say that we will be assassinating someone within the first 30 seconds right, I just hope its not some templar ambush

I thinks alex said , connor ( 14 years old) assassinate someone on the firsts 30s , but i'm not sure

But yes would bee great , wee on the grande temple entrance and in a short momente, some templars appears and wee kill them with some desmond new moves :)

RatonhnhakeFan
08-08-2012, 07:17 PM
I hope there won't be another '5 seconds-long blurry version of some late mission' -> Oh em geee, you ain't synchronized enough Desmond, go back earlier!

It's getting tired and repetitive for this franchise. They should do something fresh.

notafanboy
08-08-2012, 07:40 PM
I hope there won't be another '5 seconds-long blurry version of some late mission' -> Oh em geee, you ain't synchronized enough Desmond, go back earlier!

It's getting tired and repetitive for this franchise. They should do something fresh.

it would be worse if they didn´t, imagine it " oh hey Desmond, we could let you relive the super important memory right away, but we´re gonna let you **** around in New england first"

RatonhnhakeFan
08-08-2012, 08:13 PM
it would be worse if they didn´t, imagine it " oh hey Desmond, we could let you relive the super important memory right away, but we´re gonna let you **** around in New england first"They may have the plot be constructed in a way that Desmond & co don't know what exactly they're looking for in the memories (they only have a clue) or when Ratonhnhaké:ton discovered it. Or just switch up the sequence of events, whatever. Tons of ways to break off that repetitive pattern

Plus, at this point Desmond & co should be well aware that synchro is required so why even attempt accessing later/traumatic memories if they know it ain't gonna work. So yeah. It was a good trick to have grand openings, but it 's been overused now

AssassinVenice
08-08-2012, 09:16 PM
Yeah, pretty much a Desmond monologue followed by him going inside the Grand Temple. After he acquires whatever is hidden there, he goes back to the van, into the animus and follows Connors memories.
SPOILER!!! Also, I think that they have no reason to return to Masyaf since that POE was already captured by Abstergo and was destroyed in the airport accident (replay AC1 if you don't know what I'm talking about.)
Can't wait to see the real thing for myself!