PDA

View Full Version : To people who complain about the United States.

tH3PatRi0Tx1776
03-23-2012, 09:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfL6WHdCsl8&feature=related

LightRey
03-23-2012, 09:39 PM
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

kriegerdesgottes
03-23-2012, 09:48 PM
Not bad at all.

tH3PatRi0Tx1776
03-23-2012, 09:56 PM
Hahaha I love the meme XD

JumpInTheFire13
03-23-2012, 10:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M

rileypoole1234
03-23-2012, 10:09 PM

Indeed.

brick177
03-23-2012, 10:33 PM
As an American, I will acknowledge that we have a history of being rather too excited to help the world. Sometimes that help is misguided and ends tragically. We bear criticism incessantly, as we may well should, but hardly do we receive much thanks for all the foreign aid we provide that does a lot of good.

There will be a time very soon, I feel, that the big spender on this planet will be China and not the US. China holds much of the US debt and our internal politics is becoming such that austerity seems to be our modus operandi for the coming decades. For the sake of all the world, I hope China will be more benevolent than us Americans, but I will not hold my breath.

frigabond
03-23-2012, 10:45 PM
True. America is a generous nation.
I would point out though that 800+million of a total world pot of 1.4billion aid package wasn't exactly loose change to we brits.
Hopefully we all do what we can.

freddie_1897
03-23-2012, 11:32 PM
That guy is the most patriotic piece of ****, sure Americas generous at points, but he doesn't mention how much they've ****ed up, the reason why some people don't like America is because of people like this, who can't detect problems with their own country but can with everyone else, you wanna know why the middle east hate you? Because you went into their country and made it worse, recently in the news: American military found to have burnt korans, good move. American officer goes on a killing spree on innocent afghan people, congratulations, now they want to kill you and set your flag on fire. You want to know why you've been so generous? Oil, always oil, why do you help in Libya but not Zimbabwe? Oil. Oil is what you fight for. Next time you try to make your opinion fact, try and find some actual facts first.

You have had some of the worst leaders in history; George bush, for example after 9/11(which was a horrible and tragic event) decided to announce a war on terrorism to find the man responsible, fair enough, personally I think it would have been better if thousands more soldiers hadn't died but that's just me.

The bottom line is, you go in to other countries, **** them up for oil, then people like this go around saying that the US is the best nation on earth, and every other country is stupid, weak and pathetic, and then you wonder why half the world want to burn your flag in special festivals every year.

P.s. This post is aimed at the guy in the vid and the American government, I know 99% of Americans are good, fair people. But people like the guy in the vid make me want to punch something really hard in the face.

brick177
03-23-2012, 11:38 PM
The guy in the video was a Canadian. And it was recorded during the Vietnam war.

freddie_1897
03-23-2012, 11:40 PM
Ok, he's Canadian, but he's still wrong

brick177
03-23-2012, 11:48 PM
That's fine.

freddie_1897
03-24-2012, 12:01 AM
It's hard to explain to summarise: I don't like people who think their country Is the greatest and think every other country is worse, who can't accept when they **** up, and who are ignorant to why everyone hates them, I don't hate patriots, I hate nationalists, and I will fight to punch them very hard in the mouth and offend them until they grow a pair of balls, man up, and stop sucking there countries **** because no country is perfect, absolutely no country is special, and no country has anymore right to be on this planet than any other

Put yourself in my shoes, I can hardly go through a day without some American nationalist going on about how they saved us in WW2.
This, I find, to be unbelievably disrespectful, a lot of people in England died during that war. Including my grandfather and to go out and make that statement is rude and offensive, it would be like me saying that your worthless because you lost in Vietnam, And everyone who died there were pathetic and weak.

frogger504
03-24-2012, 12:40 AM
True. America is a generous nation.
I would point out though that 800+million of a total world pot of 1.4billion aid package wasn't exactly loose change to we brits.
Hopefully we all do what we can.

was. America was a great land for about 200 years. Now a days....
Now, let's not just turn our heads at the bad events either. Plenty of those have occurred.

Also, why are we still on this?

It's hard to explain to summarise: I don't like people who think their country Is the greatest and think every other country is worse, who can't accept when they **** up, and who are ignorant to why everyone hates them, I don't hate patriots, I hate nationalists, and I will fight to punch them very hard in the mouth and offend them until they grow a pair of balls, man up, and stop sucking there countries **** because no country is perfect, absolutely no country is special, and no country has anymore right to be on this planet than any other

Put yourself in my shoes, I can hardly go through a day without some American nationalist going on about how they saved us in WW2.
This, I find, to be unbelievably disrespectful, a lot of people in England died during that war. Including my grandfather and to go out and make that statement is rude and offensive, it would be like me saying that your worthless because you lost in Vietnam, And everyone who died there were pathetic and weak.

This too.

(Anyone forgotten the 15 trillion dollar debt?)

JumpInTheFire13
03-24-2012, 01:34 AM
was. America was a great land for about 200 years. Now a days....
Except for the fact that they decimated the Natives and their cultures...

Poodle_of_Doom
03-24-2012, 03:51 AM

Your grandfather died in the war huh? Not that I don't believe you, but that struck me funny. Usually video games are a younger mans deal.

Anyway, I am American. Getting straight to the point, your an English nationalist. I can tell, because you think you could do it alone. Or, your not, and your a pompous idiot with an overinflated sense of self importance. Here's the deal. We saved your country. If not for us, you'd be speaking German. If not for your Grandfather, or mine for that matter, we'd have something in common. This is simple fact. We saved you. Togethor, we saved the world. That's history. But no where in the books does it say we did it by ourselves. It says we helped you reestablish yourselves, so that the tyranny that was Hitler and his regeim would not hold the world hostage. Personally, I think it's best that we accept the fact you guys needed a hand up, and that we accept the fact that we didn't save the world alone.

frigabond
03-24-2012, 04:17 AM
Have people on here suddenly forgotten how to be civil?
We have brick as an American rightly lauding his country while at the same time acknoldging it's faults then it turns into a bloodfest on America...
I feel responsible as mine was the first post after but I honestly can say on my childrens lives that was not my intention.
My intention was to point out that each country (hopefully) will do what they can given the cir****tances of that country at that time.

To the people who put up such stuff I would merely say... I'm proud of my country too but I'll let its actions speak for itself. When it's wrong I will say so.

And have!

America is the same as most countries. A mix of people descended from other countries who moved to a new world in hope of a better life. Or to conquer it depending on your view.

If you take the Darwinian view basically we are all Africans so why are we arguing? :)

We (countries) all have skeletons and a forum is not the place to open the cupboard. Peek in and debate respectfully yes. but all out attack... no.

No offence intended to anyone nor implied.

frogger504
03-24-2012, 04:20 AM
Your grandfather died in the war huh? Not that I don't believe you, but that struck me funny. Usually video games are a younger mans deal.

Anyway, I am American. Getting straight to the point, your an English nationalist. I can tell, because you think you could do it alone. Or, your not, and your a pompous idiot with an overinflated sense of self importance. Here's the deal. We saved your country. If not for us, you'd be speaking German. If not for your Grandfather, or mine for that matter, we'd have something in common. This is simple fact. We saved you. Togethor, we saved the world. That's history. But no where in the books does it say we did it by ourselves. It says we helped you reestablish yourselves, so that the tyranny that was Hitler and his regeim would not hold the world hostage. Personally, I think it's best that we accept the fact you guys needed a hand up, and that we accept the fact that we didn't save the world alone.

The irony hurts.

tH3PatRi0Tx1776
03-24-2012, 04:23 AM

What are you talking about? The video that I posted was to simply stop all the **** hate towards America. I'm a Mexican American, my lineage is actually founded in Mexico and in Spain. I'm a second generation American, my great grandfather worked in Chicago cleaning the trains that carried the bodies of dead American soldiers during WW2. I am an American Patriot, even after everything they've done to my people in Mexico and to us Mexican Americans here in the U.S. But I still have an American Patriot. I am enlisted in the Air Force and I am proud of being able to serve my country. But I am no nationalist, not one bit. I love other countries too, actually I want to be stationed in Europe because I love European things very much, as does my wife and we want our kid to go to school out there too. But America doesn't hide it's mess ups, we display it for everyone to see. Everyone in America knows when our country does something stupid. Like the soldier who killed 16 Afghans, all Americans know about it, it is the headline news. We're not a communist nation, the media is free, of course to some extent, we know the government hides a lot of stuff.

Also, sorry for the death of your grandfather in that war. Was he in the military?

frogger504
03-24-2012, 04:29 AM
The problem I've seen is that whenever someone mentions the bad in a discussion the good is always mentioned as an excuse for it.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-24-2012, 04:34 AM
The irony hurts.

How so?

frogger504
03-24-2012, 04:37 AM
How so?

You are a Nationalist... We saved you...

That and pretty much the whole post.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-24-2012, 04:39 AM
Well, I suppose, until you consider the fact that I never exactly came out and said I wasn't.

xOMGITSJASONx
03-24-2012, 04:49 AM
People complain about the United States. Really? Me being American I can't imagine<------sarcasm. Gaming wise I been in the game 30 years. Its time to leave historic Europe behind regarding AC sorry. Its been four games now and I am ready to move on personally. And yes I am excited for AC3 being part native American and all. What do you expect!!!

hotgal187
03-24-2012, 04:54 AM
i dnot no u ev1 is so exitd abot amrica if thay alredy liv ther

frigabond
03-24-2012, 05:01 AM
The irony hurts.

You don't know how ironic your statement is....

Or maybe you do.

We are still paying back the loan from america for steel to make the battleships in that war.
Oh the irony indeed.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-24-2012, 05:08 AM
Well... Hurry Up... I need to pay China back.

frigabond
03-24-2012, 05:13 AM
China baled America out?? I must have been on the toilet. What war was it?

Jexx21
03-24-2012, 05:15 AM
I think that they just loaned us money to buy stuff.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-24-2012, 05:20 AM
I think that they just loaned us money to buy stuff.

This is what I was refering to.

frigabond
03-24-2012, 05:21 AM
If your anything like us brits I bet you bought chinese gear. lol

I was trying to lighten the mood.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-24-2012, 05:22 AM
Gear?

frigabond
03-24-2012, 05:31 AM
Sorry british.

Gear=stuff.

My apologies again

frogger504
03-24-2012, 05:45 AM
I'm not sure about the legitimacy of this but I read that we owe the most to Brazil. Like 7 Billion

Poodle_of_Doom
03-24-2012, 05:55 AM
7 Billion, and we have 15 trillion in debt. Hmmm.... I know not all of that is loans,... but still....

frogger504
03-24-2012, 06:22 AM
7 Billion, and we have 15 trillion in debt. Hmmm.... I know not all of that is loans,... but still....

If it is true I'd imagine it'd be something like 5 billion China, 1 billion Russia, 2 billion UK, not saying it's like that but you know, along those lines.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-24-2012, 07:02 AM
If it is true I'd imagine it'd be something like 5 billion China, 1 billion Russia, 2 billion UK, not saying it's like that but you know, along those lines.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_states_debt#Foreign_holders_of_U.S._Treasur y_securities

1.159 Trillion to China.

1.079 Trillion to Japan.

But only 229.1 Billion to Brazil.

frogger504
03-24-2012, 07:17 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_states_debt#Foreign_holders_of_U.S._Treasur y_securities

1.159 Trillion to China.

1.079 Trillion to Japan.

But only 229.1 Billion to Brazil.

How about the other 12 trillion?

payrob07
03-24-2012, 08:01 AM
That guy is the most patriotic piece of ****, sure Americas generous at points, but he doesn't mention how much they've ****ed up, the reason why some people don't like America is because of people like this, who can't detect problems with their own country but can with everyone else, you wanna know why the middle east hate you? Because you went into their country and made it worse, recently in the news: American military found to have burnt korans, good move. American officer goes on a killing spree on innocent afghan people, congratulations, now they want to kill you and set your flag on fire. You want to know why you've been so generous? Oil, always oil, why do you help in Libya but not Zimbabwe? Oil. Oil is what you fight for. Next time you try to make your opinion fact, try and find some actual facts first.

You have had some of the worst leaders in history; George bush, for example after 9/11(which was a horrible and tragic event) decided to announce a war on terrorism to find the man responsible, fair enough, personally I think it would have been better if thousands more soldiers hadn't died but that's just me.

The bottom line is, you go in to other countries, **** them up for oil, then people like this go around saying that the US is the best nation on earth, and every other country is stupid, weak and pathetic, and then you wonder why half the world want to burn your flag in special festivals every year.

P.s. This post is aimed at the guy in the vid and the American government, I know 99% of Americans are good, fair people. But people like the guy in the vid make me want to punch something really hard in the face.

So Iraq is in poorer shape now that WE ousted a tyrant who committed genocide countless times on the tribesmen in the north, lol ok. You mentioned George W Bush as a horrible leader. Most Americans consider his actions after 9/11 perfect. 99.9% of this nation besides the conspiracy theorist wanted OBL's head on a silver platter... He did the right thing. Iraq was a stretch, I'll admit that, but you lost any bit of credibility you still had when you murdered logic and common sense with your second paragraph.

You wouldn't have the right to say any of this crap if not for the United States of America. I'll go ****her than the previous guy and say it: Without America, there would be no Western Europe. It would all be West Germany. Germany was whipping the UK until we started pouring into Algeria and Morocco in massive numbers. I have noticed another trend among Englishmen in my many travels to Europe. You guys always try to size us up, for some reason... I personally believe that you are mad, bro. We're 2-0 against you and bailed you out twice. The American Revolution consisted of a bunch of farmboys taking a bunch of professional soldiers to the wood shack. The War of 1812 was slightly closer, but we won. Andrew Jackson really bent you fellas over in New Orleans. Both World Wars were sealed by the US. I know the draw in South Africa really got under your skin, lol, I still laugh at your goal keeper.

We are the most humane and charitable nation in the world, you nor any far left anti American can say other wise. George W Bush has done more for AIDS Research than any President or leader in the World's History... Boy he is a horrible person, eh chap? I work with many soldiers, WHO SIGNED UP TO FIGHT KNOWING THEY COULD DIE, as a private contractor in Iraq, Afghanistan, Italy, South Africa, and against drug lords in Mexico, and they love Bush exponentially greater than they love your favorite President, who btw has done nothing for AIDS or Genocide, actually he hasn't really done much of anything except spend a bunch of money on nothing productive.

One more thing, I am the guy who f**** things up. Our military cannot do anything to anyone unless fired upon, they're harassed everyday by idiots like yourself who just want attention. I do away with that problem because I am a contractor, I know what goes on over there. You don't. You'd probably curl up in a fetal position and cry for your "mummy" if you had seen what these so called "innocent people in the middle east" do to everyday citizens just because they want to wear a dress...

You're grandfather would slap the heck out of you if he read that, son.

Sincerely,
An Informed and Experienced Individual.

freddie_1897
03-24-2012, 08:04 AM

When did I say that we couldn't have done it without you? And I'm not a nationalist because I do not see other countries as below my own, I do not think England is the greatest country on earth and I'm not annoyed or angry that you helped us out in WW2, I'm grateful, but the fact is that if we weren't in ww2, the chances are we'd all be sitting at home with big statues of hitler outside (not you though, I doubt Germany could stretch that far) I'm annoyed at individuals who somehow manage to put the US saving our arses into every single America vs England argument, and people who don't seem to understand that world war 2 is far too serious a topic to be used in a simple argument because nearly every single family in the uk knew someone who died, and it is a very touchy subject for a lot of people here.

It would be like me insulting and offending people who had died in. 9/11

Sorry if I offended you but if all I was trying to say was that some people don't understand what it was like here during ww2

freddie_1897
03-24-2012, 08:27 AM
So Iraq is in poorer shape now that WE ousted a tyrant who committed genocide countless times on the tribesmen in the north, lol ok. You mentioned George W Bush as a horrible leader. Most Americans consider his actions after 9/11 perfect. 99.9% of this nation besides the conspiracy theorist wanted OBL's head on a silver platter... He did the right thing. Iraq was a stretch, I'll admit that, but you lost any bit of credibility you still had when you murdered logic and common sense with your second paragraph.

You wouldn't have the right to say any of this crap if not for the United States of America. I'll go ****her than the previous guy and say it: Without America, there would be no Western Europe. It would all be West Germany. Germany was whipping the UK until we started pouring into Algeria and Morocco in massive numbers. I have noticed another trend among Englishmen in my many travels to Europe. You guys always try to size us up, for some reason... I personally believe that you are mad, bro. We're 2-0 against you and bailed you out twice. The American Revolution consisted of a bunch of farmboys taking a bunch of professional soldiers to the wood shack. The War of 1812 was slightly closer, but we won. Andrew Jackson really bent you fellas over in New
Orleans. Both World Wars were sealed by the US. I know the draw in South Africa really got under your skin, lol, I still laugh at your goal keeper.

We are the most humane and charitable nation in the world, you nor any far left anti American can say other wise. George W Bush has done more for AIDS Research than any President or leader in the World's History... Boy he is a horrible person, eh chap? I work with many soldiers, WHO SIGNED UP TO FIGHT KNOWING THEY COULD DIE, as a private contractor in Iraq, Afghanistan, Italy, South Africa, and against drug lords in Mexico, and they love Bush exponentially greater than they love your favorite President, who btw has done nothing for AIDS or Genocide, actually he hasn't really done much of anything except spend a bunch of money on nothing productive.

One more thing, I am the guy who f**** things up. Our military cannot do anything to anyone unless fired upon, they're harassed everyday by idiots like yourself who just want attention. I do away with that problem because I am a contractor, I know what goes on over there. You don't. You'd probably curl up in a fetal position and cry for your "mummy" if you had seen what these so called "innocent people in the middle east" do to everyday citizens just because they want to wear a dress...

You're grandfather would slap the heck out of you if he read that, son.

Sincerely,
An Informed and Experienced Individual.
I mention a few things wrong with America and you go on some nationalistic rant? Why don't you go **** yourself, you are an arsehole, a nationalist who thinks his country is better than everyone elses, the reason for most of your 'liberations of countries' is oil, that goes for us as well, and if your too blind to accept that, then fine.

When I said that in the news a man killed innocents, I mean civillians they were civillians then a guy from the US military killed them. He's currently on trial at the moment.

Just because think your country is the best doesn't mean we do

Jexx21
03-24-2012, 08:42 AM
America should of been in World War II from the start though.

You have to admit, if we were, we probably would of found the concentration camps sooner, we may of not had to drop the Atomic bombs on Japan, and the war would of ended sooner, saving countless lives.

Hell, Roosevelt wanted to be in the war from the start. But the hoi polloi wanted to stay neutral in this 'european war'.

Maybe America would of got out of the great depression sooner, we may not of experienced Pearl Harbor. The cold war wouldn't of happened, because we were showing off our miltilary-peen to the Russians. We may of not of been in that space race that only netted bragging rights (not that this is a bad thing mind you, putting a man on the moon is freaking awesome, but it didn't really do much).

--

If Alternate universes exist, I can't wait until we find a way to get to them so I can find one where America was in WW2 from the start.

Assassin_M
03-24-2012, 08:57 AM
This is becoming ugly..

freddie_1897
03-24-2012, 09:15 AM
America should of been in World War II from the start though.

You have to admit, if we were, we probably would of found the concentration camps sooner, we may of not had to drop the Atomic bombs on Japan, and the war would of ended sooner, saving countless lives.

Hell, Roosevelt wanted to be in the war from the start. But the hoi polloi wanted to stay neutral in this 'european war'.

Maybe America would of got out of the great depression sooner, we may not of experienced Pearl Harbor. The cold war wouldn't of happened, because we were showing off our miltilary-peen to the Russians. We may of not of been in that space race that only netted bragging rights (not that this is a bad thing mind you, putting a man on the moon is freaking awesome, but it didn't really do much).

--

If Alternate universes exist, I can't wait until we find a way to get to them so I can find one where America was in WW2 from the start.
please understand that I'm very grateful for america helping us in ww2, i am solely annoyed and angry with nationalists, any man who thinks his country is better than all others are not good people,
my first post on this thread was about trying to prove nationalists wrong, i now know which of the people on this thread are nationalists.

DO NOT think for one second that i hate america, i do not, i think that they've done a lot of great things, i'm merely trying to make my anti-nationalist point that every country has problems, and always will. America is not perfect, and i am trying to show the american nationalists that.

if people want to insult me and attack me because i believe in all countries being equal then so be it- I'm not going to change my mind based on what a few bigoted, selfish people say to me

p.s. sorry, i meant my great grandfather had died in WW2- he was a fighter pilot, and was shot down during the battle of Britain

Jexx21
03-24-2012, 09:16 AM
never said you hate america.

I'm just saying that America could of done better in WW2 if they started from the beginning instead of waiting to be directly attacked.

freddie_1897
03-24-2012, 09:19 AM
never said you hate america.

I'm just saying that America could of done better in WW2 if they started from the beginning instead of waiting to be directly attacked.
i know you didn't, i was aiming it at other people while replying to your post

jmk1999
03-24-2012, 09:56 AM
enough foul language and rude commentary. i hate to say it, but there's too much animosity and anger in this thread... so much, i'm going to close it. and let it be known, if i have to see any one from this thread talking in such a manner again, further action will be taken. there is no excuse for such behavior, regardless of your passion about the subject.