PDA

View Full Version : Do you think there will be a Demo for AC3 this year?

pacmanate
03-23-2012, 08:21 PM
Well firstly they have started showing and releasing AC details earlier than usual for a start and secondly they are also showing game footage at PAX too. It makes me wonder whether there will be a demo considering that they have also finished the game. Maybe just letting us play in a small part of the frontier (seeing as its being heavily focused on) or something and have the "out of bounds desync" thing. I read that a dev said that he would like a public demo, do any of you think this plausible?

playassassins1
03-23-2012, 08:33 PM
Yeah, like they give us a small piece of the frontier, some equipment (not everything) and let us hunt animals, or kill redcoats, As long as we want.

oliacr
03-23-2012, 08:47 PM
Yeah, like they give us a small piece of the frontier, some equipment (not everything) and let us hunt animals, or kill redcoats, As long as we want.
That can be amazing!

freddie_1897
03-23-2012, 08:47 PM
i have heard that there is a Boston demo that GI were shown, i assume that this will be shown at PAX and some frontier stuff will be at E3 because the Frontier is going to be a more important part of AC3

and it might just be because I'm British, but I'm annoyed at how Ubisoft says the British and revolutionaries will be balanced and yet they still show us only killing redcoats, i get this impression that Ubisoft doesn't like the british, E.G. the most annoying character in the game is the ****y shaun hastings, guess what country he came from

pacmanate
03-23-2012, 08:55 PM
i have heard that there is a Boston demo that GI were shown, i assume that this will be shown at PAX and some frontier stuff will be at E3 because the Frontier is going to be a more important part of AC3

and it might just be because I'm British, but I'm annoyed at how Ubisoft says the British and revolutionaries will be balanced and yet they still show us only killing redcoats, i get this impression that Ubisoft doesn't like the british, E.G. the most annoying character in the game is the ****y shaun hastings, guess what country he came from

Maybe but Boston will be quiet big. And I think that a section of the frontier would be cool, maybe like the size of masyaf map size wise, maybe a bit bigger stretching to where you could choose your destination of acre or damascus etc. I think having the frontier as a little demo with random spawning NPC's and the odd canoe and one campsite would be a small but fair demo!

eagleforlife1
03-23-2012, 09:03 PM
Reporters have seen both a Boston demo and a Battle of Bunker Hill demo (in which Israel Putnam is confirmed as giving you that mission). I can't remember whether it CVG or IGN but one of them also claimed that they saw a demo with Connor tracking redcoats on a frozen lake whilst a naval battle took place in the distance.

rileypoole1234
03-23-2012, 09:05 PM
There's never been a demo for an AC game so I doubt that there'll be an AC3 demo.

LightRey
03-23-2012, 09:10 PM
Maybe. If they do I like the idea of freeroaming in (part of) The Frontier.

AnthonyA85
03-23-2012, 09:17 PM
There are several different build demos that get passed around gaming websites and magazine publishers, yes, but there has NEVER been a playable demo released openly to the public. There never will be.

InfectedNation
03-23-2012, 09:52 PM
Seeing as the Alpha is almost finished and put together 7 months before release... I don't see why not :) But if it's PS3 exclusive I will burn down Ubi Montreal and Sony HQ.

AdamXEve
03-23-2012, 09:59 PM
There's never been a demo for an AC game so I doubt that there'll be an AC3 demo.

Hahahah, I love catching people when they say something ignorant and they think they're being so smart, it's fun; to correct this error which would've been corrected if you simply would have read the thread--he's speaking of the gameplay demo that has been apart of the E3 festivities for Assassin's Creed games since way back in 2006. And since there almost always are at least one, of course this game will probably see one, if not several. As previously mentioned, I expect a short city gameplay mention at PAX East and the massive Frontier demo to be center stage at Sony/Microsoft's press conference(s) at E3.

Forgive my obnoxious correction, I don't know why I get so much jollies from that.

frogger504
03-23-2012, 10:00 PM
Make it multiplatform! I really hope they do, maybe in some separate city, like one of those missions where you are away from the game world. Or just making Animus walls around a large play area about the size of the first Damascus Area.

Hahahah, I love catching people when they say something ignorant and they think they're being so smart, it's fun; to correct this error which would've been corrected if you simply would have read the thread--he's speaking of the gameplay demo that has been apart of the E3 festivities for Assassin's Creed games since way back in 2006. And since there almost always are at least one, of course this game will probably see one, if not several. As previously mentioned, I expect a short city gameplay mention at PAX East and the massive Frontier demo to be center stage at Sony/Microsoft's press conference(s) at E3.

Forgive my obnoxious correction, I don't know why I get so much jollies from that.

They have never made it for the public though.

AdamXEve
03-23-2012, 10:03 PM
Alright? Hey, at least we get more than a lot of games.

pacmanate
03-23-2012, 10:24 PM
They never HAVE IN THE PAST but they already have finished the game, so many factors are different compared to the past 5 years and a Dev already said he wants a demo or something

UrDeviant1
03-23-2012, 10:29 PM

Erm, did you even read the rest of the thread? they are talking about a public demo. You know, one which we can download from our consoles. :rolleyes:

LightRey
03-23-2012, 10:32 PM
Erm, did you even read the rest of the thread? they are talking about a public demo. You know, one which we can download from our consoles. :rolleyes:
Ironic, don't ya think?

UrDeviant1
03-23-2012, 10:38 PM
Ironic, don't ya think?

Very. I'v gotta' say LightRey, I much preferred your other sig. What were you thinking? ;)

pacmanate
03-23-2012, 10:43 PM
I cant even remember his old one but his new one lights up my phone when I view this forum on my phone!

Ayush_S92
03-24-2012, 12:11 AM
Ironic, don't ya think?

Indeed. I also love when people do this. It gives me the jollies.

freddie_1897
03-24-2012, 12:23 AM

First off, it's you being ignorant, and even if he was wrong it doesn't mean you have to be an arsehole about it

See, im correcting you, but I don't feel the need to start jumping up and down an screaming about it

FilipinoNinja67
03-24-2012, 12:29 AM
Whoah whoah whoah, when did they say that they finished the game?

frogger504
03-24-2012, 12:34 AM
Whoah whoah whoah, when did they say that they finished the game?

Uhm, I believe it was on the first wave of info, March 3rd. That the game was in final deveelopment and that within weeks it was ready to ship. They are just using the next 7 months to make sure it ships better than ever. Instead of Assassin's Creed 3 they want it to feel like Assassin's Creed 3.5. Bugs being corrected now, story being improved if needed, listening to the community as well. So this will be the best every imo.

pacmanate
03-24-2012, 01:45 PM
I dont even know why that guy on page 2 was getting hostile. I know there hasnt been a demo for an AC game ever but as I stated, things are different. They've finished the game AND they are releasing info earlier than ever. Either way I hope we get one

LightRey
03-24-2012, 01:54 PM
Very. I'v gotta' say LightRey, I much preferred your other sig. What were you thinking? ;)
Change was necessary. Besides, I think this one goes better with the dark background.

KrYpToNiC95
03-24-2012, 02:06 PM
If a demo was to come out when would It come out. Although I'd like one within the next month I wouldn't expect it to arrive until after June. I don't think they'd want s playing it from now.

GeneralTrumbo
03-24-2012, 02:11 PM
They should make Desmond's whole story into the game demo.

TorQue1988
03-24-2012, 02:20 PM
I would love a demo in The Frontier, no matter how small. I would keep running around, doing random and stupid stuff over and over until the full game comes out:))

KrYpToNiC95
03-24-2012, 02:22 PM
They should make Desmond's whole story into the game demo.

That would be a bit too much to ask for don't you think. I think a small section of the Frontier to hunt and pick off redcoats. That would keep me occupied for a while.

Jexx21
03-24-2012, 03:35 PM

What are you talking about? I LOVE Shaun Hastings, his sarcasm is funny.

GeneralTrumbo
03-24-2012, 05:56 PM
That would be a bit too much to ask for don't you think. I think a small section of the Frontier to hunt and pick off redcoats. That would keep me occupied for a while.
No, what I am saying is they give us all of Desmond's story in game demo. It would satisfy.

TorQue1988
03-24-2012, 06:00 PM
No, what I am saying is they give us all of Desmond's story in game demo. It would satisfy.
Umm, no it won't. Sure i'm curious about Desmond's story, but the meat of the game(at least for me) is Connor's story...

pacmanate
03-24-2012, 06:23 PM
If we found out all of Desmonds story in a demo we wouldnt have to buy the game ROFL ROFL ROFL stupid idea.

GeneralTrumbo
03-24-2012, 08:42 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ldp3yyI6tu1qb9a2wo1_500.png

AdamXEve
03-24-2012, 08:54 PM
Hilarious thread is hilarious. Personally, I think this game should only be sold in America--seeing as it's an American based games; foreigners will always have their JRPGS and Call of Duty(s).

LightRey
03-24-2012, 08:58 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-URgNAQv9wJc/TsrMyCLC5TI/AAAAAAAAA0U/bVbjsXSRH6g/s1600/meme-are-you-kidding-me.png