PDA

View Full Version : Game play footage of assassins creed 3 will be shown at PAX East!!!

edzilla_551
03-23-2012, 02:59 AM
Proof :) http://www.vgrevolution.com/2012/03/ubisoft-brings-assassins-creedfar-cry-and-ghost-recon-to-pax-east/

rileypoole1234
03-23-2012, 03:07 AM
Yes! PAX East and E3 for me! Woop! I am excited! Hahah. I hope they show the Boston demo so I can walk around it after and look at the changes. Boston's a nice city.

ION_05
03-23-2012, 03:10 AM
Ya but will they release the footage to the public afterwards.

Azula2005
03-23-2012, 03:21 AM
When is this?

Azula2005
03-23-2012, 03:30 AM
If this is true, then did you guys know that this is the first time ever since the first Assassin's creed that Ubisoft showed gameplay footage before e3?
If this isn't the game of the year then i absolutly lost all my respect forGamerschoise

Calvarok
03-23-2012, 03:35 AM
Ya but will they release the footage to the public afterwards.
PAX is FOR the public. If anyone shows anything there, then it's going to be released.

JumpInTheFire13
03-23-2012, 03:48 AM
If this is true, then did you guys know that this is the first time ever since the first Assassin's creed that Ubisoft showed gameplay footage before e3?
If this isn't the game of the year then i absolutly lost all my respect forGamerschoise
You haven't even played it yet. Don't jump to conclusions.

SixKeys
03-23-2012, 03:54 AM
I'm pretty sure the footage will become available soon after the con, one way or another. ;)

AnthonyA85
03-23-2012, 04:04 AM
When is this?

In two weeks.

I hope someone records some good quality vids of the demo

souNdwAve89
03-23-2012, 04:15 AM
Yes, of course it will be released to the public. Expect sites like Kotaku, IGN, etc to cover PAX just like any other convention. It doesn't make sense for a developer to make a demonstration of a new game private (cough Square-Enix cough).

frogger504
03-23-2012, 04:24 AM
When and where is it?

edzilla_551
03-23-2012, 04:28 AM
When and where is it?
Why dont you read the link, thats why its there?

twenty_glyphs
03-23-2012, 06:32 AM
Yes, of course it will be released to the public. Expect sites like Kotaku, IGN, etc to cover PAX just like any other convention. It doesn't make sense for a developer to make a demonstration of a new game private (cough Square-Enix cough).

Actually, it does make sense because companies do it all the time. In fact, they have already showed off an AC3 demo to members of the press at a couple of events that were private. The media aren't allowed to even talk about that demo until March 26, when it's likely that we will only get a lot of articles describing the demo along with screenshots (probably the ones that were leaked today) and not an actual walkthrough video. When the events are private, the press aren't allowed to take video of the demos.

The reason this make sense is because game companies want to fiercely control the public perception of their product. So while they may have a rough demo that is good enough to show members of the press to get them writing good preview articles about their game, that demo may not be in good enough shape to release to the public and have people form a negative view of the game from an unfinished demo. Game journalists will be much more forgiving of a buggy demo than ordinary customers because they understand the production process a little better. It happens all the time, and the more you see a company willing to show off their game publicly the better you should feel about the quality of that product. Ubisoft seems to have been much better at releasing walkthrough videos of their private demos than a lot of other companies I've seen, which isn't surprising given the high quality of most of the AC games.

Having said that, there's probably a good chance that we'll get a walkthrough video released based on the PAX private demo. A similar event was held for Revelations at Gamescom last year and they released a video of the same walkthrough they showed the press. I just wouldn't count on us seeing video of the game as a sure thing, though it wouldn't surprise me with all the confidence that Ubisoft has been showing in AC3 so far.

Moultonborough
03-23-2012, 06:41 AM
Awesome. I'm going to PAX as I live close to Boston. Hopefully I will see it first hand. When I get back I will make a post about it.

Legendz54
03-23-2012, 06:44 AM
OMG only a week and a bit,cant wait

morpheusPrime08
03-23-2012, 07:34 AM
From the article "An exclusive first look at Assassin’s Creed III gameplay footage will be shown in a fully-enclosed theater at the booth. "
Pls tell me its not true:(?

frogger504
03-23-2012, 07:42 AM
Why dont you read the link, thats why its there?

I did, I got the when but not the where.

I may go up to Boston just for this. Wait a second...

edzilla_551
03-23-2012, 07:43 AM
From the article "An exclusive first look at Assassin’s Creed III gameplay footage will be shown in a fully-enclosed theater at the booth. "
Pls tell me its not true:(?

hopefully it wont be private, but websites like ign and game trailers always follows events like this so eventually, the game play will go public.. fingers crossed