PDA

View Full Version : So what exactly was revealed in ACR?

FreshGroundFX
03-23-2012, 12:00 AM
Okay to I finished the game (yes, just now) and not much was revealed that wasn't revealed in ACB. Weren't we told that in Revelations "all will be revealed"?

So I get it, there was a civilization that came before and they had information that they hid underneath the ground on Earth. Okay so? Now what?

Is that really a big deal? Can someone catch me up here?

JumpInTheFire13
03-23-2012, 12:04 AM
Okay to I finished the game (yes, just now) and not much was revealed that wasn't revealed in ACB. Weren't we told that in Revelations "all will be revealed"?

So I get it, there was a civilization that came before and they had information that they hid underneath the ground on Earth. Okay so? Now what?

Many of us were disappointed with ACR (I think.) I know I was. But, some AC is better than no AC. Just be thankful that AC3 looks incredible.

D.I.D.
03-23-2012, 12:07 AM
People will try and give you a wobbly answer about how there were revelations, but you're right, there weren't any. It was just a name, and the marketing had to fit around the name. RE: Revelations did the same thing.

Any company would have struggled to push ACR any other way, since they knew they were going to attract criticism that it was Brotherhood 2, or AC2.66, or an unnecessary chapter inserted to fit an annual release schedule. Calling it "Revelations" made it sound essential. And that's it.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-23-2012, 01:38 AM
Actually, the game as is doesn't have a whole heck of a lot. Doubleclick is right in his response. However, I just watched the Lost Archive DLC on youtube, and that has a lot of revelations in it. My suggestion would be to play through that if your into the DLC's. If your not, then definitlely watch them online. There is a hell of a lot revealed there.

rileypoole1234
03-23-2012, 01:39 AM
I'm 90% sure a thread with the exact same name or something similar was created a while ago...

frogger504
03-23-2012, 01:42 AM
Revelations did reveal a lot to me. In my opinion it revealed everything I needed to know. Of course making cliffhangers and creating questions for the next game. All questions I had from AC1-ACB were answered with ACR.

Calvarok
03-23-2012, 01:54 AM
Revelations revealed the nature of Minervra and Juno, like what their purpose was, and explained that they are communicating to them from before the catastrophe has actually happened. We know that Desmond is being sent to find the remaining solutions to save the world. That's a pretty big deal, I'd say.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and we found out what that place in new york is about: the former headquarters of minerva and co, and the TWCB's main city.

D.I.D.
03-23-2012, 02:01 AM
Revelations revealed the nature of Minervra and Juno, like what their purpose was, and explained that they are communicating to them from before the catastrophe has actually happened. We know that Desmond is being sent to find the remaining solutions to save the world. That's a pretty big deal, I'd say.

Did it reveal Minerva and Juno's purpose, or nature? I didn't see anything which wasn't already presented in the two previous games. We knew TWCB were the technological masters who created humans, we knew there was a war, we knew that the sun destroyed almost everything, and we knew the communications were recordings being sent forward in time (and they were after the catastrophe, not before, since the messages have talked about the damage wreaked by the solar flares). We also knew that it's Desmond's job to prevent a similar catastrophe now.

All Revelations did was to show you a cutscene of a story which had already been presented in diagrams and spoken words.

frogger504
03-23-2012, 02:10 AM
Having speculations isn't knowing something, regardless if it turns out to be true.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-23-2012, 02:57 AM
Everyone, skip over what I said... just completely ignore it.

Try the Lost Archive DLC.

kosmoscreed
03-23-2012, 02:58 AM
Very little, the producer Alex Amancio was selling smoke like no tomorrow. One of the many reasons the game disappointed many people.

Calvarok
03-23-2012, 03:33 AM
Did it reveal Minerva and Juno's purpose, or nature? I didn't see anything which wasn't already presented in the two previous games. We knew TWCB were the technological masters who created humans, we knew there was a war, we knew that the sun destroyed almost everything, and we knew the communications were recordings being sent forward in time (and they were after the catastrophe, not before, since the messages have talked about the damage wreaked by the solar flares). We also knew that it's Desmond's job to prevent a similar catastrophe now.

All Revelations did was to show you a cutscene of a story which had already been presented in diagrams and spoken words.
Well, they were part of a team of three TWCB who were trying to figure out how to save the world.

Any way, the game revealed the details of Desmond's Childhood, what 16 looks like, that William M the Assassin leader is Desmond's father, that Lucy is dead, things about Altair's life, and Who Ezio finally settled down with. If you really think about it, it was quite a decent amount. And the Lost Archive revealed even more: 16 was instructed in everything he did by TWCB, and Lucy was a triple agent.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-23-2012, 04:11 AM
Well, they were part of a team of three TWCB who were trying to figure out how to save the world.

Any way, the game revealed the details of Desmond's Childhood, what 16 looks like, that William M the Assassin leader is Desmond's father, that Lucy is dead, things about Altair's life, and Who Ezio finally settled down with. If you really think about it, it was quite a decent amount. And the Lost Archive revealed even more: 16 was instructed in everything he did by TWCB, and Lucy was a triple agent.

Double agent actually. She wouldn't allow Clay to leave the facilities, which ultimately inspired him to commit suicide, and leave messages for Desmond.

SixKeys
03-23-2012, 04:11 AM

Apart from the info in the DLC and William being Desmond's father (which a lot of people had already guessed from reading the Wiki and the comics before the game came out), was any of this really necessary information? I could have lived without knowing about Desmond's childhood or what happened during the years of Alta´r's life that were already covered in the Secret Crusade novel. I didn't particularly care about what Subject 16 looked like, it would have been fine if they had just left him as a mysterious, human-shaped data projection. I also don't think it's all that essential to know who Ezio settled down with as we know he must have done it with somebody eventually. Not saying these things weren't fun for fans to find out about, but I wouldn't call any of them revelations. None of those questions were absolutely essential to the overall story.

souNdwAve89
03-23-2012, 04:17 AM
I liked Revelations, but I believe it to have the weakest story out of all the games so far. Some of the things we learned were nice and all, but most of it was already known for some time. I wished they included The Lost Archive into the main game instead of it being a DLC.

Calvarok
03-23-2012, 04:41 AM
Double agent actually. She wouldn't allow Clay to leave the facilities, which ultimately inspired him to commit suicide, and leave messages for Desmond.
She would be a double agent if she was just an assassin spy at abstergo. In fact, she converted, and was only pretending to be a spy at abstergo, but was actually working for them. You call that a triple agent, not double. Clay killed himself because TWCB knew it was the only way. that's why he protested against it in the lost archive, at first.

And Sixkeys, I'm just saying even though not every reveal was big, there were a lot of reveals. Lucy being a traitor was big, clarification of Desmond's mission was big, clarification on the events of the Cataclysm was big, then we get into smaller things, that are still interesting, like the end of Altair's life, Ezio's decision to end his adventures, Desmond's time growing up and in the city, and then we get into things that will be obvious plot points later, like desmond's saviour being his father, and Desmond getting a weird glowing tattoo on his arm.

pirate1802
03-23-2012, 05:57 AM
It revealed Altair's side of story which was completely ignored after AC 1. We got to know about Desmond's past, that his father was actually the current Mentor. We learnt about the Templar order's inner structure, how they work, how they recruit, why the assassins are losing the war (cuz of Daniel Cross's betrayal), and that the Templars are planning a big hit again on the current Mentor to finish the war once and for all. We learnt why Juno killed Lucy at the end of ACB. What the TWCB have in planning was also revealed (we had ideas about this, but only in hints and clues. Here it was laid bare.) Location of Altair's Apple was revealed. It revealed the location of the freaking Grand Temple and laid the groundwork for the endgame (AC3)....

I've seen enough revelations for one lifetime.

EscoBlades
03-23-2012, 06:34 AM
Ezio's life purpose was revealed to him.
Desmon'd true purpose was revealed to him.
Subject 16 and Lucy were explored in more depth and their respective roles and intentions revealed.
Daniel Cross, and Abstergo's efforts are revealed.
The origin and eventual fate of TWCB was revealed.
And the legacy of Altair.

But yeah, Revelations as a whole game revealed very little *rolls eyes*

souNdwAve89
03-23-2012, 07:29 AM
Some of those points were nice when it was revealed in the game, but everything else was already a given from previous games.

Ezio's life purpose was revealed to him. (We kinda knew that from AC2 when it was told that he was a prophet or a conduit between him and Desmond)
Subject 16 and Lucy were explored in more depth and their respective roles and intentions revealed.
Daniel Cross, and Abstergo's efforts are revealed. (The only new thing was that they are targeting William Miles. Everything else hasn't really changed)
The origin and eventual fate of TWCB was revealed. (Their fate was already given during Minerva's message at the end of AC2. The only new thing in Revelations was a choppy CGI cutscene (PS3 version was laggy in the beginning) and I don't recall Jupiter explaining how the First Civilization came to be, so they are still mysterious.)

edzilla_551
03-23-2012, 07:32 AM

YOUR MUM WAS REVEALED:rolleyes:

frogger504
03-23-2012, 07:45 AM
Apart from the info in the DLC and William being Desmond's father (which a lot of people had already guessed from reading the Wiki and the comics before the game came out), was any of this really necessary information? I could have lived without knowing about Desmond's childhood or what happened during the years of Alta´r's life that were already covered in the Secret Crusade novel. I didn't particularly care about what Subject 16 looked like, it would have been fine if they had just left him as a mysterious, human-shaped data projection. I also don't think it's all that essential to know who Ezio settled down with as we know he must have done it with somebody eventually. Not saying these things weren't fun for fans to find out about, but I wouldn't call any of them revelations. None of those questions were absolutely essential to the overall story.
Well it's all part of the story isn't it? Also it isn't just limited to that, there were many more.

Calvarok
03-23-2012, 07:59 AM
I don't think anyone was expecting everything that was going to be revealed to be the bare-bones, absolutely essential main story stuff. We expected stuff that interested us, as fans of the series. It's true that Revelations adds very little that you can use when explaining the core progression of the story to a non-fan, (Desmond does some memories and wakes up and he got told some things offscreen that we'll find out about in the next game) but for people invested in the universe, I think it offered a great deal.

pirate1802
03-23-2012, 08:45 AM
Some of those points were nice when it was revealed in the game, but everything else was already a given from previous games.

the origins of TWCB was revealed in the MP Abstergo Dossiers.

frogger504
03-23-2012, 10:34 AM

Thing is, you overlook them now, but back before the game it was just speculation. Things you may have figured before weren't confirmed until Revelations.

the origins of TWCB was revealed in the MP Abstergo Dossiers.

Wait what? I believe I have seen them all and I never saw this.

Calvarok
03-23-2012, 10:53 AM
They're basically just humans, but they have more senses than us. The actual orgins are not recorded, but abstergo knows that they made humans from their own DNA, but locked down the genes that made them special in comparison.

frogger504
03-23-2012, 10:55 AM
They're basically just humans, but they have more senses than us. The actual orgins are not recorded, but abstergo knows that they made humans from their own DNA, but locked down the genes that made them special in comparison.

That from the MP?
Which video was it?

Sukramo
03-23-2012, 11:18 AM

That happened in AC2.

But not to us.

In a DLC when it should have been part of the main game.

But yeah, Revelations as a whole game revealed very little *rolls eyes*[/QUOTE]

Daniel Cross, and Abstergo's efforts are revealed

That Abstergo wants to kill the assasains? Yeah thats totaly news.

We knew they all died out before. As for origin, wow three sentances!

You mean the retconned apple? We knew of what his live meant for the order through the codex in AC2.

But yeah, Revelations as a whole game revealed very little

Yeah. The only important part was about Lucy and that was in a DLC.

That from the MP?
Which video was it?

Last document unlocked. Says they evolved on Earth trough naturual selection. Not really important though, I guess Ubisoft wanted to get rid of the whole "Alien" thing.

EscoBlades
03-23-2012, 11:42 AM
Blurb

You do realise that Revelations was a jumping on point for new fans right? Try again. They were revelations to even some hardcore fans, oh saged one.

Sometimes i wonder why i bother.

infamous_ezio
03-23-2012, 12:31 PM
I agree, revelations didn't reveal much, the only revelation to me was SPOILERALERT!!!! lucy being a templar ( although i already suspected it ) SPOILER END!!!. We pretty much knew most of the things from ac2, such as altairs life with the apple, desmond's and ezio's purpose.

LightRey
03-23-2012, 12:31 PM
That happened in AC2.
Only in part.

But not to us.
Yes it was. Did you not get the whole save the world from a solar flare part or the part where he says "take my words from your head to your hands" or what about the part where he's talking about him having to go where they "labored and lost"? It was most certainly revealed to us. It confirmed that it was indeed a solar flare that was going to cause the end and it revealed that Desmond had to go to the Grand Temple and use his ability to control PoE's in some way to get in there and save the world from said solar flare.

In a DLC when it should have been part of the main game.
More than enough about the 2 was revealed outside the DLC. We got confirmation that Lucy is dead and we got to find out that S16 was "alive" inside the animus. Besides, if the DLC truly "was supposed to" be part of the game, the game wouldn't have sold well, which it did. People like playing the game, regardless of how you think of it.

That Abstergo wants to kill the assasains? Yeah thats totaly news.
No, that Abstergo wants to kill William and that they know he's the Grand Master and they know where he is.

We knew they all died out before. As for origin, wow three sentances!
We didn't know how they died out. Clearly some survived the disaster. We now know that there were too few of them to repopulate somehow, but we did not know that before. We also didn't know what the Temples were for or that there even was a Grand Temple.

You mean the retconned apple? We knew of what his live meant for the order through the codex in AC2.
It wasn't retconned. if you really believe that then you have not been paying any serious attention to the series at all. You're just looking for excuses to call Ubi "stupid" because you don't want to admit ACR was a good game even though you don't like it. Let me make this clear to you: It was all planned from the start. Alta´r's apple not being Ezio's apple, Lucy saying they had Alta´r's apple and it was destroyed in the Denver Airport Accident, the codex saying it was left in Cyprus, all of it. If you're really so stubborn that you cannot admit that it was an obvious intentional series of events, then a discussion with you is pointless as you're really just looking at excuses to bash the game out of discontent. The fact of the matter is we do not know what Alta´r's life meant from the codex. He revealed very little about his life's purpose in it. Only some interpretations of philosophies. In fact, only the last page is about stuff that happened since the third Alta´r memory in ACR and it's reveals nothing about what he thinks he has to do. It's just about peeking into the apple once more right before his death, which was always confusing as it was supposed to be in Cyprus (*hint* *hint*).

Yeah. The only important part was about Lucy and that was in a DLC.
Lol, you actually think that.

Last document unlocked. Says they evolved on Earth trough naturual selection. Not really important though, I guess Ubisoft wanted to get rid of the whole "Alien" thing.
and thank god they did. Those people claiming they were aliens were getting really annoying.
​responses.

Sukramo
03-23-2012, 01:19 PM
Only in part.

Sort of yes, but he already knew his lives purpose was to deliver a message to somone else, Minnerva flat out told him so in AC2. When Ezio in ACR said "And hear atleast I find a strange truth, that I am only a conduict for a message beyond my understanding" I facepalmed, because there is no way he didnt understand that in AC2.

As for the solar flare thing, it was strongly hinted at in AC2 and ACB. We still dont know what "take my words from your hands mean" The grand temple was revelaed in the da vinci dissapearence, we just didnt know its name. They ould just skip ACRs plot and have William say "Ok, those coordinates you found, go there"

We got confirmation that Lucy is dead

She looked dead in ACB to me. Doubt a super smart being would fail at killing someone.

we got to find out that S16 was "alive" inside the animus.

ACB puzzles, already known.

The DLC was very important to the main story. You cant chop that off and sell it later. Its just.........wrong. Sold well? I think it would have sold better if anything if they had waited a month or two, maybe they would have fixed some of the ghazziollion bugs I had at start. Getting income from banks once every 2 hours instead of 20 min was.......................

that Abstergo wants to kill William and that they know he's the Grand Master and they know where he is.

Ok, thats true. Still isnt very much. I liked the multiplayer story files alot, but they were too little.

We didn't know how they died out.

We dont know how they died out now either. Probably by old age.

It wasn't retconned

So the templars magicaly found another apple at the exact same time as the codex fell into their hands?

Lucy saying they had Alta´r's apple and it was destroyed in the Denver Airport Accident,

Lucy could eaisly have been mistaken, the apples all look the same. She says "The artefact from Masyaf, they had it" Seeing as that apple moved to England, it sounded more like she refered to AN apple rather than THE apple.

the codex saying it was left in Cyprus

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Codex Here is the codex. It does say Altair was going to lock it way on Cyprus but seeing as he keeps mentioning him using it in other pages, he didnt. It also slightly contracts ACR: "Had I chosen to abuse the Apple instead of seal it away" (Page 30)

ACR clearly shows he didnt lock it away until he died.

The way I see AC2, I expected Altair to have left the apple on Cyprus, written about it in the codex------------------->Rodrigo Borgia gets his hand on that part of the codex------------>Sends his men to get the apple= Altairs apple= Ezios apple.

Right now we have ZERO indication as to how the Templars magicaly found that apple at that exact same time. Unless we get a good explanation, I will always consider the apples thing to be a retcon.

Otherwise Altair must have possesed 2 apples and there is no proof that he did. ACR makes no sence with the codex.

Lol, you actually think that.

It had 3 revelations: End of the world, Stuff in grand temple and Lucy in the DLC. Its not the lack of revelations that annoys me the most, its the bad story.

and thank god they did. Those people claiming they were aliens were getting really annoying.

Agreed.

LightRey
03-23-2012, 02:43 PM
Sort of yes, but he already knew his lives purpose was to deliver a message to somone else, Minnerva flat out told him so in AC2. When Ezio in ACR said "And hear atleast I find a strange truth, that I am only a conduict for a message beyond my understanding" I facepalmed, because there is no way he didnt understand that in AC2.
He was talking about his experience in ACII, not what was happening then. He was speaking in the present tense, but still actually referring to the past. It's a literary device called "praesens historicum", which is much more often used in Latin, but, like now, sometimes used in more modern languages as well. It can occur at any time, even if in the previous sentence the past tense was still used. It's used to create "immersion", so to speak.

As for the solar flare thing, it was strongly hinted at in AC2 and ACB. We still dont know what "take my words from your hands mean" The grand temple was revelaed in the da vinci dissapearence, we just didnt know its name. They ould just skip ACRs plot and have William say "Ok, those coordinates you found, go there"
The take my words from your head to your hands (please read more closely next time), is obviously referring to what happens right after in the modern day when we see his arms and the apple glowing and then we zoom to what I can only assume is the door to the Grand Temple, which also starts glowing.

She looked dead in ACB to me. Doubt a super smart being would fail at killing someone.
Yet the forums were flooded with people thinking of theories and excuses to explain how she wasn't/could not be dead. Just because you found it clear doesn't mean everybody was sure.

ACB puzzles, already known.
Not really. It could simply have been a message similar to those of TWCB. We had no definitive knowledge just what the hell that was in ACB and even if we did, we didn't know what the guy looked like or why he'd even stored himself in the Animus.

The DLC was very important to the main story. You cant chop that off and sell it later. Its just.........wrong. Sold well? I think it would have sold better if anything if they had waited a month or two, maybe they would have fixed some of the ghazziollion bugs I had at start. Getting income from banks once every 2 hours instead of 20 min was.......................
How was it wrong? "Oh, no! They're giving us extra entertainment for the game! We must sue them for not giving it with the game!". It was still a full-fledged game. It was entertaining, it was interesting, it gave us the final chapter of Ezio's life and we got more info on the AC universe. If the game had not been worth the money, it would not have sold as well as it did. That's how capitalism works. Things are sold for the price people are willing to pay. That's what is considered a, no the fair price in capitalism. If you disagree with the basics of capitalism on that, then that's a whole different discussion, but most of the (western) world pretty much agrees that this game was sold for a fair price (since so many people bought it). Besides, It very much seems it wasn't even part of Desmond's story, so anybody who didn't get it still got to see everything Desmond did.

Ok, thats true. Still isnt very much. I liked the multiplayer story files alot, but they were too little.
They were MP files after all. They couldn't reveal everything in there.

We dont know how they died out now either. Probably by old age.
We don't know how they died (though what Juno said suggests that it's simply old age, yes), but we do know how they died out. They died out because they were too few in numbers. Their population had taken too hard a blow to recover from.

So the templars magicaly found another apple at the exact same time as the codex fell into their hands?
Alta´r knew there was an apple there (obviously). Hell, he predicts and notes down the whole part where the apple reaches Venice ("the floating city") and Ezio ("The Prophet") captures it. Are you really so naive to think that Ubi would mess up on an apple that they themselves in that game said was somewhere else at the time and which they said was destroyed in the previous one? Don't be ridiculous. It was obvious from ACII that after Minerva, more Roman "gods" would come to give a speech and after ACB, it became clear that most likely either Venus or Jupiter would follow, especially after ACR was announced and there was mention of "The Greeting, The Warning and The Revelation", which were obviously referring to Minerva's, Juno's and Jupiter's messages respectively. It was not retconned.

Lucy could eaisly have been mistaken, the apples all look the same. She says "The artefact from Masyaf, they had it" Seeing as that apple moved to England, it sounded more like she refered to AN apple rather than THE apple.
No, she was referring to Alta´r's Apple. She didn't say they found the apple at Masyaf, she just called it "the artifact from Masyaf", which is just a way to define the apple to Desmond. He didn't know what happened to it. She couldn't call it "the Second Apple" or something. That wouldn't make any sense to him, but she had to call it something unique, because she was trying to say there were more. Masyaf, being its location for 99% of the game, was the obvious way to define it to him.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Codex Here is the codex. It does say Altair was going to lock it way on Cyprus but seeing as he keeps mentioning him using it in other pages, he didnt. It also slightly contracts ACR: "Had I chosen to abuse the Apple instead of seal it away" (Page 30)

ACR clearly shows he didnt lock it away until he died.

The way I see AC2, I expected Altair to have left the apple on Cyprus, written about it in the codex------------------->Rodrigo Borgia gets his hand on that part of the codex------------>Sends his men to get the apple= Altairs apple= Ezios apple.

Right now we have ZERO indication as to how the Templars magicaly found that apple at that exact same time. Unless we get a good explanation, I will always consider the apples thing to be a retcon.

Otherwise Altair must have possesed 2 apples and there is no proof that he did. ACR makes no sence with the codex.

You are forgetting that between page 29 and page 30 there is about a 40 year gap. That basically means that you are defining these 40 years (about half his life) as "the end of his life". He said he was going to lock it away in Cyprus, yes, but, ignoring the revealing truths of ACR, from page 30 it is unclear where he was when he wrote it (i.e. he could have been in Cyprus) or whether he had already locked away the apple by then. Furthermore, Alta´r was clearly aware there were more PoE's and since he had one that had already once before signified the location of several dozen others, it's not that hard to imagine that it showed him the location of the one on Cyprus. It's also not hard to imagine that he'd want to leave that one locked up and considering the fact that it took the Templars about ten years to get it, I'd say it was locked up pretty well. Alta´r didn't "possess" 2 apples, he possessed one and knew of the other. Obvious conclusion: they found it because Alta´r wanted them to. He knew Ezio was going to get his hands on that apple, him being the prophet and all, and Alta´r knew Ezio was going to use it in conjunction with the papal staff to open Minerva's vault. Why is it so hard for you to imagine that, considering there are at least four other apples out there, that it was simply logical and that they planned from the start of ACII that there was another apple at Cyprus, different from Alta´r's, that he himself knew about, which is why he would deliberately have people spread rumors of it being his apple? It was the perfect cover and it would lead the apple straight into Ezio's hands too, which is something Alta´r clearly knew about.

It had 3 revelations: End of the world, Stuff in grand temple and Lucy in the DLC. Its not the lack of revelations that annoys me the most, its the bad story.
No, you don't like the story. It's a great story. I enjoyed it very much and so did many others. Don't state your opinions as if they were fact.

Agreed.
bla

Assassin_M
03-23-2012, 02:47 PM
Not this again -__-

Poodle_of_Doom
03-23-2012, 03:15 PM

So I guess if it was "Fun for Fans", and you didn't have fun, that your most likely not a fan? Why are we still playing after four games? (This is a joke. And Rhetorical. My humor isn't always perceived.)

I liked Revelations, but I believe it to have the weakest story out of all the games so far. Some of the things we learned were nice and all, but most of it was already known for some time. I wished they included The Lost Archive into the main game instead of it being a DLC.

I thought the same exact thing when I was watching it online. I thought of only one thing. $$$....

She would be a double agent if she was just an assassin spy at abstergo. In fact, she converted, and was only pretending to be a spy at abstergo, but was actually working for them. You call that a triple agent, not double. Clay killed himself because TWCB knew it was the only way. that's why he protested against it in the lost archive, at first.

And Sixkeys, I'm just saying even though not every reveal was big, there were a lot of reveals. Lucy being a traitor was big, clarification of Desmond's mission was big, clarification on the events of the Cataclysm was big, then we get into smaller things, that are still interesting, like the end of Altair's life, Ezio's decision to end his adventures, Desmond's time growing up and in the city, and then we get into things that will be obvious plot points later, like desmond's saviour being his father, and Desmond getting a weird glowing tattoo on his arm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_agent#Triple_agent

By definition, she'd have to work for a third party, ie., the assassins again in the sequence.

It revealed Altair's side of story which was completely ignored after AC 1. We got to know about Desmond's past, that his father was actually the current Mentor. We learnt about the Templar order's inner structure, how they work, how they recruit, why the assassins are losing the war (cuz of Daniel Cross's betrayal), and that the Templars are planning a big hit again on the current Mentor to finish the war once and for all. We learnt why Juno killed Lucy at the end of ACB. What the TWCB have in planning was also revealed (we had ideas about this, but only in hints and clues. Here it was laid bare.) Location of Altair's Apple was revealed. It revealed the location of the freaking Grand Temple and laid the groundwork for the endgame (AC3)....

I've seen enough revelations for one lifetime.

Daniel Cross, and Abstergo's efforts are revealed.

Again, I'll reference the fact that the DLC makes this much more enjoyable.

YOUR MUM WAS REVEALED:rolleyes:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-cQQQ-eGJl6I/TfiLHodRqDI/AAAAAAAAAw8/a-qY-snHn_s/s1600/shut_up1_839097124.jpg

I don't think anyone was expecting everything that was going to be revealed to be the bare-bones, absolutely essential main story stuff. We expected stuff that interested us, as fans of the series. It's true that Revelations adds very little that you can use when explaining the core progression of the story to a non-fan, (Desmond does some memories and wakes up and he got told some things offscreen that we'll find out about in the next game) but for people invested in the universe, I think it offered a great deal.

I really don't think it did. I think that's why so many people are upset right now.

​responses.

Leave it to LightRey to drop the knowledge bomb. Thank you. I'm glad the documents were presented though. I don't play the MP, or the DLC's. This aspect was new to me.

I must say, about Lucy "looking dead", that's crap. I think people had some decent arguements prior to ACR for her to still be alive.

DylanJosh9
03-23-2012, 05:02 PM
LOL @ the people defending Ubisoft.

ACR was nothing but a cash-in and a very poor story. They took one or two threads, put in a couple of actual revelations and stretched it like rubber into this huge game. You do know that ACR wasn't even supposed to exist as a game, right? They took the story out of that 3DS game. Strapped on some Desmond parts that don't tell you anything, and voila! ACR!

What pissed me off the most was that there was almost 0 progression in Desmonds story - and huge Jupiter reveal was nothing but him clarifying what Juno and Minerva already said.

LightRey
03-23-2012, 05:46 PM
LOL @ the people defending Ubisoft.

ACR was nothing but a cash-in and a very poor story. They took one or two threads, put in a couple of actual revelations and stretched it like rubber into this huge game. You do know that ACR wasn't even supposed to exist as a game, right? They took the story out of that 3DS game. Strapped on some Desmond parts that don't tell you anything, and voila! ACR!

What pissed me off the most was that there was almost 0 progression in Desmonds story - and huge Jupiter reveal was nothing but him clarifying what Juno and Minerva already said.
Wtf are you talking about? What 3DS game? ACR had been in development since ACII.

DylanJosh9
03-23-2012, 05:47 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin's_Creed:_Lost_Legacy

freddie_1897
03-23-2012, 05:58 PM
well, when you think about it, the american setting was revealed when we saw that map, but no one took it seriously

LightRey
03-23-2012, 06:24 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin's_Creed:_Lost_Legacy
It was incorporated in ACR, not turned into it. There's a significant difference.

orangebionic
03-23-2012, 07:10 PM
Both opinions are right to some degree.

True, many things about desmond, thcb, etc, etc has been revealed, but.... When you selling game saying "everything will be revealed" customer can rightly assume everything will be, literally revealed and explained.

My feeling when I watched the trailer for ac:r were- " this is final part of franchise, my waiting is over, my all questions will be answered, the game story coming to the grand finale. "

Did we have grand finale? No
Did we have answers for our questions revealed? No.

I know its great to be a fan of something, but claims , that ac:r lived up to its marketing advertising, or revelations we've been given, are of such caliber, as announced, rather stink of fanboyism to me.

LightRey
03-23-2012, 07:34 PM
Both opinions are right to some degree.

True, many things about desmond, thcb, etc, etc has been revealed, but.... When you selling game saying "everything will be revealed" customer can rightly assume everything will be, literally revealed and explained.

My feeling when I watched the trailer for ac:r were- " this is final part of franchise, my waiting is over, my all questions will be answered, the game story coming to the grand finale. "

Did we have grand finale? No
Did we have answers for our questions revealed? No.

I know its great to be a fan of something, but claims , that ac:r lived up to its marketing advertising, or revelations we've been given, are of such caliber, as announced, rather stink of fanboyism to me.
You thought it was the final part of the franchise? Man, people need to start paying closer attention. Of course it wasn't! Who the hell started that stupid rumor? It was absolutely ridiculous. I spent hours explaining again and again to my friends that it most certainly wasn't the final part of the franchise. It wasn't advertised as such, it wasn't claimed to be such and it wasn't shown to be such. Hell, they even said that after the end the fans would know what would happen next. Of course the main questions wouldn't be answered, because it was never going to be the last freaking game. People who spread that rumor sicken me.

POP1Fan
03-23-2012, 07:54 PM
I think it revealed that people can't see a Revelation when it hits them.Since Brotherhood ended before Revelations came up there where all kinds of threads asking questions like "did Lucy die?", "who is S16?", "what happend to TWCB?", "what is Desmond's story?", "what happend to Altair?" and guess what? ALL of those have been answered.If you had a theory that turned up to be right it doesn't mean it was no more than speculation.
The game:
Gave closure to Altair.
Wrapped up Ezio's story.
Showed us Desmond's past.
Told us about the Grand Temple and even showed use where it was.
They clarified that Lucy is dead.
Answered that Desmond is special because he has high concentration of TWCB DNA.
Told us who was Ezio's "love interest".
Explained in detail the creed.
Gave more insight on the Templar Order.
Showed that Daniel Cross is a Templar hitman.
Clarified who the mysterious man at the end of Brotherhood was.
Told us about the catastrophe that hit the TWCB that Juno talked about in Brotherhood.
Clarified the thing with the Apple that blown up.
Showed how the Assassin Order got to go global.
DLC:
Revealed Lucy is a Templar.
Told us Clay's past.
Explained the Templar plan.
Is it not enough for you guys? I don't understand you.

FreshGroundFX
03-24-2012, 05:26 PM
lOl people are saying soo many things were revealed in ACR like why Lucy died, some crap about Cross, and blah blah blah.

Really? My version of ACR must not have shipped with all that!

Lol, people stop confusing comics, books, and movies with the actual game. I haven't seen anything outside the game, so who the f is Cross?

LightRey
03-24-2012, 05:39 PM
lOl people are saying soo many things were revealed in ACR like why Lucy died, some crap about Cross, and blah blah blah.

Lol, people stop confusing comics, books, and movies with the actual game. I haven't seen anything outside the game, so who the f is Cross?
You clearly didn't play the MP fully through.

zerocooll21
03-24-2012, 05:41 PM
......so who the f is Cross?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-RRRpZE314eQ/TkycUFS24II/AAAAAAAAPrM/z1b0peDvG6Q/s1600/troll+face.jpg

POP1Fan
03-24-2012, 05:42 PM

You are either trolling or dumb...i would like more if it was the first because I don't like stupid people.
Have you played the Multiplayer? Daniel Cross is present in TWO videos there...of course they don't show his face but they even call him by his NAME...And the thing about Lucy was reveald in the DLC, and that still counts as in game...sorry buddy but nobody is confusing anything :p

Animuses
03-24-2012, 07:14 PM
Wtf are you talking about? What 3DS game? ACR had been in development since ACII.You're seriously trying to convince yourself that? If you really want to deny the truth, then by all means, do so.

SixKeys
03-24-2012, 07:45 PM
I don't recall the devs ever remotely claiming ACR had been in development since AC2. How could it have been when even ACB was developed in less than a year?

RzaRecta357
03-24-2012, 07:46 PM
Ahh. ACR was fine. The gameplay was solid. More than solid. The city was amazing. The people in the city rocked. The atmosphere was great. They portrayed the Young Prince awesomely. You seen Ezio grow up and getting tired just needing to get it done. You see Ezio finally finish.

You get to see what exactly happened to the humans before us. You hear how they tried to save themselves. The game was great. Had alot of heart as they usually do.

People just complain. Oh, tower defense. Time to whine about it. Even though I only had to do it once. Oh! 16 didn't mention a son or anything what the hell!!! Whine whine whine. The guy was losing his mind. They told you not to believe half the stuff he said. We got some DLC for his character. Case closed.

For a person to think this would be the final game also....Why? I mean, Brotherhood was the "Third" game. But it didn't finish it. That person must of jammed a crayon up their nose as an infant.

AC3 will be so different it gets a new number. Just like Grand Theft Auto games.

POP1Fan
03-24-2012, 07:48 PM
Ahh. ACR was fine. The gameplay was solid. More than solid. The city was amazing. The people in the city rocked. The atmosphere was great. They portrayed the Young Prince awesomely. You seen Ezio grow up and getting tired just needing to get it done. You see Ezio finally finish.

You get to see what exactly happened to the humans before us. You hear how they tried to save themselves. The game was great. Had alot of heart as they usually do.

People just complain. Oh, tower defense. Time to whine about it. Even though I only had to do it once. Oh! 16 didn't mention a son or anything what the hell!!! Whine whine whine. The guy was losing his mind. They told you not to believe half the stuff he said. We got some DLC for his character. Case closed.

For a person to think this would be the final game also....Why? I mean, Brotherhood was the "Third" game. But it didn't finish it. That person must of jammed a crayon up their nose as an infant.

AC3 will be so different it gets a new number. Just like Grand Theft Auto games.

ME:Thank you!
RzaRecta:For what?
ME:For making sense....

LightRey
03-24-2012, 08:01 PM
You're seriously trying to convince yourself that? If you really want to deny the truth, then by all means, do so.
They actually confirmed that.

I don't recall the devs ever remotely claiming ACR had been in development since AC2. How could it have been when even ACB was developed in less than a year?
The same way they had been working on ACIII the entire time too.

pirate1802
03-24-2012, 08:24 PM
That from the MP?
Which video was it?

Not video, it was in a dossier. It stated that Abstergo has studied the origin of TWCB. That they, like humans are the children of Earth (Which is the reason I get ****ing mad when someone refers to then as ancient aliens) and shaped by evolution. They differ from humans in that they have an extra sense that lets them perceive space-time on a different level than humans.

zerocooll21
03-24-2012, 08:55 PM
lol

GeneralTrumbo
03-24-2012, 08:56 PM
Wtf are you talking about? What 3DS game? ACR had been in development since ACII.
Okay...what? ACR was NOT being marketed as having been in development since AC2, as AC3 has been. They even specifically said that they didn't even get the idea of making ACR until after ACB. They NEVER had the intention to make ACR until after Brotherhood. Same with Brotherhood. You're saying Brotherhood was being in development since AC1, then, right? Because that is wrong. AC3 was the only one out of ACB and ACR to have been made in 3 years. Brotherhood and Revelations both took a year of development time. That is all.

zerocooll21
03-24-2012, 09:02 PM
I thought ACR was in development but as a 3DS game. Then due to the popularity of ACB they turned it into a console game and kept going with it.

GeneralTrumbo
03-24-2012, 09:04 PM
I thought ACR was in development but as a 3DS game. Then due to the popularity of ACB they turned it into a console game and kept going with it.
That was actually what was said to have been the case with Revelations.

LightRey
03-24-2012, 09:08 PM
That was actually what was said to have been the case with Revelations.
Yeah, sorry. I was wrong about that one. However, the 3DS game itself (and the main parts of its story) most definitely had been planned out since the very beginning, which is what's important here.

GeneralTrumbo
03-24-2012, 09:15 PM
Yeah, sorry. I was wrong about that one. However, the 3DS game itself (and the main parts of its story) most definitely had been planned out since the very beginning, which is what's important here.
Ok, yeah, I was getting worried. That would have cut down hopes on AC3, seeing as Revelations would have had around the same development time and that would have made AC3 around the same quality.

pirate1802
03-25-2012, 05:08 AM
Ok, yeah, I was getting worried. That would have cut down hopes on AC3, seeing as Revelations would have had around the same development time and that would have made AC3 around the same quality.

Lol you worry too much.. chillax XD