PDA

View Full Version : Ezio and Smelling Salts

frogger504
03-22-2012, 07:54 AM
In reality he was addicted to the Smelling Salts, it made him high/drunk, he used them very often. That is the reason that when Desmond takes smelling salts it adds synchronization, because in reality Ezio was an addict. There were few times Ezio was actually hurt and needed them, but when he did take them his skills always increased and well became high/drunk. Presumably he fought while high/drunk, I believe his skill improved while using them. Similar to Drunk Lee from Naruto.

But yeah, Ezio was addicted to smelling salts which is why they add synchronization.

jmk1999
03-22-2012, 08:01 AM
what? i'm sorry, dude... but... are YOU drunk? :confused:

GeneralTrumbo
03-22-2012, 08:03 AM
What?

frogger504
03-22-2012, 08:18 AM
what? i'm sorry, dude... but... are YOU drunk? :confused:

No...

In the simulation, Desmond, while in the Animus, gained synchronization for using Smelling Salts. That must be because Ezio ued was likely addicted to them. At some point, probably in his youth he got hooked on those and throughout his life used them often, which explains why they add synchronization. From game canon, Ezio got hurt three times from what I remember (don't remember much from AC2), Once while killing the Orsi Brothers, the second while defending Monteriggioni, and a third when he fell off that cliff at the start of ACR. Apart from those moments and maybe one or two more I may not remember, he didn't get hurt, in game canon. Shown by losing synchronization when getting hit.

LordWolv
03-22-2012, 08:28 AM
What the hell is wrong with your head?

frogger504
03-22-2012, 08:34 AM
Has anyone even considered it?

Calvarok
03-22-2012, 08:41 AM
Ezio's health bar represents HEALTH, not synchronization.

The medicine you use is not a smelling salt, but a liquid medicine. Ezio isn't addicted to anything. Medicine is just a way of giving the player a resource they must resupply to have full health.

GeneralTrumbo
03-22-2012, 08:50 AM
Lol...Ezio addicted to smelling salts...

frogger504
03-22-2012, 09:02 AM
Ezio's health bar represents HEALTH, not synchronization.

The medicine you use is not a smelling salt, but a liquid medicine. Ezio isn't addicted to anything. Medicine is just a way of giving the player a resource they must resupply to have full health.

Actually it is synchronization. Each time you get hit you lose synchronization.

Calvarok
03-22-2012, 09:07 AM
Actually it is synchronization. Each time you get hit you lose synchronization.

No, it's not. In AC1, it's synchronization, and in AC2-Revelations, it's health. Why else does putting on stronger armor give you more of it? AC2-Rev makes it very obvious when you are losing synch, such as being out of bounds or killing civillians. That same distortion effect doesn't happen when you get hit, PLUS we have multiple interviews saying that it's been changed to health.

ION_05
03-22-2012, 09:24 AM
Actually its a bit of both because you still lose health when you enter an area ezio never went. Anyways all the health system/sync is just a gameplay mechanic.

Calvarok
03-22-2012, 09:28 AM
Well obviously it is sync to some degree, because you can take a ridiculous amount of sword hits before death, but it is intended to be thought of as actual health. And anyways, if Ezio used medicine because he was addicted to it, then wouldn't his health be constantly going down?

ION_05
03-22-2012, 09:33 AM
Well obviously it is sync to some degree, because you can take a ridiculous amount of sword hits before death, but it is intended to be thought of as actual health. And anyways, if Ezio used medicine because he was addicted to it, then wouldn't his health be constantly going down?

Ya they changed it to a more functioning health bar because in ac1 people could just wait until the sync bar regenerates, but by added medicine they basically destroyed any diificulty anyways. Also calvarok the medicine in ac2 through acr are smelling salts.

Calvarok
03-22-2012, 09:35 AM
Huh. Didn't know that.

ION_05
03-22-2012, 09:40 AM
Ya I didn't figure it out either until my second playthrough of brotherhood. It is kinda weird that using smelling salts heals you when its basically just a painkiller.

frogger504
03-22-2012, 09:42 AM

They were smelling salts. Also, how would his health go down from using medicine?

Anyways, I'm talking about the real Ezio (in canon), not the simulated Ezio.

Calvarok
03-22-2012, 09:42 AM
I guess the idea is it helped him fight through the pain of whatever wounds he had until he had time to get better treatment. Keeping in mind that he didn't get hurt that often, it's not that unreasonable.

frogger504
03-22-2012, 09:43 AM
I guess the idea is it helped him fight through the pain of whatever wounds he had until he had time to get better treatment. Keeping in mind that he didn't get hurt that often, it's not that unreasonable.
Yeah

Moultonborough
03-22-2012, 09:55 AM
Why are we feeding a troll? Ezio's health was not controlled by smelling salt.

SlimeDynamiteD
03-22-2012, 10:03 AM
http://minotauridotorg.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/can_t-tell-if-trolling.jpg?w=400&h=300

frogger504
03-22-2012, 10:27 AM
Why are we feeding a troll? Ezio's health was not controlled by smelling salt.

Yes it was. That's all it was. Did you ever pay attention to what the "Medicine" was? It's smelling salts.

Moultonborough
03-22-2012, 10:50 AM
Yes it was. That's all it was. Did you ever pay attention to what the "Medicine" was? It's smelling salts.

Show me in the game where it exactly says his medicine was smelling salt. If it was there would be a picture with subtitles or a database entry from Shaun in either AC II or AC:B. Can you please post a picture?

frogger504
03-22-2012, 12:01 PM
Gladly...

http://i39.tinypic.com/j6nyht.jpg

Assassin_M
03-22-2012, 12:03 PM
Gladly...

You should`v done that a looooooooooong time ago :D
But still not addiction..
If he was addicted then perhaps we would`v seen some of it in Embers, dont you think ?

frogger504
03-22-2012, 12:05 PM
You should`v done that a looooooooooong time ago :D
But still not addiction..
If he was addicted then perhaps we would`v seen some of it in Embers, dont you think ?

I actually had a thought about that while writing the OP.

That field of his is quite large. Maybe he had a special section just for the ingredients to make it. Then he could have just died from overdose :p (jk, jk)

But yeah, he very well could have been brewing infinite batches of it.

LightRey
03-22-2012, 01:02 PM
They were smelling salts. Also, how would his health go down from using medicine?

Anyways, I'm talking about the real Ezio (in canon), not the simulated Ezio.
It's called medicine, not smelling salt. I also don't hear him sniffing anything, so unless for some reason he's eating the smelling salts he's not using any. From the start of ACB it becomes quite clear that whatever he's using also relieves pain, which is how he's able to continue fighting with relative ease even though he's still wounded. This is probably why to Desmond it seems he's completely healed, because he's no longer experiencing the effects of the wounds, which would mean that unless they're actually part of the memory, the animus has an "excuse" to "erase" the wounds.

Tetsou88
03-22-2012, 03:23 PM
Smelling Salts are not an Addictive, they're also not a drug. When you inhale smelling salts, it irritates your mucous membranes causing you to breathe faster, and hits you with a kick of adrenaline(your heart beats faster, and your brain speeds up).

There is nothing you can get addicted too , although ammonia gas is fatal if you inhale too much(Technically Ezio should probably be dead.)

Also, Smelling salts are commonly used before physical competitions(wrestling, weight lifting, hockey, etc.) as they "wake up" whoever inhales them, usually leading to an increase in performance.

LightRey
03-22-2012, 03:25 PM
Smelling Salts are not an Addictive, they're also not a drug. When you inhale smelling salts, it irritates your mucous membranes and causes, causing you to breathe faster, and hits you with a kick of adrenaline(your heart beats faster, and your brain speeds up).

There is nothing you can get addicted too , although ammonia gas is fatal if you inhale too much(Technically Ezio should probably be dead.)

Also, Smelling salts are commonly used before physical competitions(wrestling, weight lifting, hockey, etc.) as they "wake up" whoever inhales them, usually leading to an increase in performance.
Who says he's even using Smelling Salts?

Tetsou88
03-22-2012, 03:35 PM
Who says he's even using Smelling Salts?
Assuming this is correct, this:

Either way, my point still stands. If he is using smelling salts, he can't get addicted to them.

Also, using Smelling Salts would not make you feel drunk or high.

LightRey
03-22-2012, 03:49 PM
Assuming this is correct, this:

Either way, my point still stands. If he is using smelling salts, he can't get addicted to them.

Ah good. That's settles that then.

frogger504
03-22-2012, 04:21 PM

But what standards are you using of "high"?

I didn't elaborate enough before. I meant that he was using them as a drug often to feel that energy kick from sniffing it.
That's what I meant.

Tetsou88
03-22-2012, 04:26 PM

I didn't elaborate enough before. I meant that he was using them as a drug often to feel that energy kick from sniffing it.
That's what I meant.

It wouldn't count as an addiction though. He wouldn't start to show negative signs if he stopped using them(withdrawal), also he would still run the risk of killing himself as Ammonia gas is fatal.

pacmanate
03-22-2012, 04:31 PM
I read that in reality Altair and Ezio never took any damage because they were that skilled which is why the sync bar is there because everytime you got hit, in Altairs time, this wouldnt of happened

SO BASICALLY, Ezio and Altair never got hit

pacmanate
03-22-2012, 04:31 PM
It wouldn't count as an addiction though. He wouldn't start to show negative signs if he stopped using them(withdrawal), also he would still run the risk of killing himself as Ammonia gas is fatal.

Tis also why he looks so messed up in revelations

ION_05
03-22-2012, 07:12 PM
I read that in reality Altair and Ezio never took any damage because they were that skilled which is why the sync bar is there because everytime you got hit, in Altairs time, this wouldnt of happened

Yes technically none of desmond's ancestors got hurt unless it shows it in a cutscene. Like rodrigo stabing ezio at the end of ac2.

SixKeys
03-22-2012, 09:04 PM

That may be the official explanation for the health/sync bar but I think it's bullcrap to suggest that in those 30+ years we saw of Ezio's lifetime, he only got hurt two or three times. That's just ridiculous. I prefer to think of it like this: reliving an intense moment like an ancestor being in battle where everything is fast and very chaotic, Desmond's mind has trouble keeping up with Ezio or Alta´r or whomever and loses sync because he can't quite follow their memories correctly. Only when the ancestor is killed, do we lose full synchronization, meaning Desmond's mind is overloaded with too much or too little information and he loses track of what really happened with his ancestor. Losing just a few blocks of health is just an indicator that Desmond is losing the plot, so to say, not proof that the ancestor never got hit in battle.

freddie_1897
03-22-2012, 09:26 PM
what the **** is up with this thread?

LightRey
03-22-2012, 10:16 PM

That's what I meant.
Feeling high refers to a neurochemical intoxication, which smelling salts do not induce.

SlimeDynamiteD
03-22-2012, 10:27 PM
Can we drop this? We've established the Sniffing Salts as painkillers, we've also established that you can't get high from sniffing salts.

So please, why would we still argue about this pointless thing that doesn't make any difference whatsoever.

frogger504
03-22-2012, 11:12 PM
Feeling high refers to a neurochemical intoxication, which smelling salts do not induce.

Well then I was wrong to use the word high. But you know, I meant that^

That Ezio was addicted to that feeling and used them all the time.

SlimeDynamiteD
03-22-2012, 11:18 PM
That Ezio was addicted to that feeling and used them all the time.

What makes you think he's addicted to it?!
He just uses them, to numb the pain!

My God are you really this ignorant?

n00bfi_97
03-22-2012, 11:25 PM
Wow. I thought the MP forum was fu.cked, this takes the biscuit.

frogger504
03-22-2012, 11:25 PM
What makes you think he's addicted to it?!
He just uses them, to numb the pain!

My God are you really this ignorant?

Why do you say I am ignorant?

I explained my reasoning in the OP, because when it is used it adds synchronization. Therefore indicating that the real life Ezio (in canon), used them quite often which could be cause of him being addicted to it.

SlimeDynamiteD
03-22-2012, 11:29 PM
First of: You CAN'T make the link between Sniffing Salts adding Synchronization thus Ezio must be addicted to the Sniffing Salts.
Secondly: The Sniffing Salts does NOTadd synchronization, it adds Health when Ezio loses his Health the Synchronization is lost because he's dead. When the synchronization is lost he doesn't have to die.

LightRey
03-22-2012, 11:32 PM
Why do you say I am ignorant?

I explained my reasoning in the OP, because when it is used it adds synchronization. Therefore indicating that the real life Ezio (in canon), used them quite often which could be cause of him being addicted to it.
Do you have any idea how addiction even works?

Jexx21
03-23-2012, 12:16 AM
Using something that's very useful to you a lot doesn't mean you're addicted to it.

EscoBlades
03-23-2012, 12:41 AM
This thread provided me much laughter today.

And no, Ezio was not addicted to his painkillers.

rileypoole1234
03-23-2012, 12:47 AM
Blimey... Five whole pages...

frogger504
03-23-2012, 01:33 AM
This thread provided me much laughter today.
You're welcome.

Animuses
03-23-2012, 03:14 AM
Why are you people treating this guy like some *******? First he mentions how Ezio uses smelling salts to heal himself and people jump to conclusions. He then proves everyone wrong. Next you attack the guy for not knowing something, and instead of educating him, you attack him. I'm sure everyone in the world know so much about smelling salts, except for this in particular person. What a loser, right?

Calvarok
03-23-2012, 03:35 AM
Why are you people treating this guy like some *******? First he mentions how Ezio uses smelling salts to heal himself and people jump to conclusions. He then proves everyone wrong. Next you attack the guy for not knowing something, and instead of educating him, you attack him. I'm sure everyone in the world know so much about smelling salts, except for this in particular person. What a loser, right?

He's the one jumping to ridiculous conclusions. If Ezio used smelling salts to numb the pain WHEN HE'S HURT, and never uses them at any other time, then he's obviosuly not addicted. This thread should be over, stop prolonging it.

frogger504
03-23-2012, 04:06 AM

Where were you 3 days ago?

Anyways, Grazie.

You are of a rare type of person.

frogger504
03-23-2012, 04:21 AM
Do you have any idea how addiction even works?

Addiction is defined as the continued use of a mood altering substance or behaviour despite adverse consequences.This can include, but is not limited to, alcohol abuse, drug abuse, exercise abuse, and gambling

He could have been addicted.

Calvarok
03-23-2012, 04:33 AM
Addiction is defined as the continued use of a mood altering substance or behaviour despite adverse consequences.This can include, but is not limited to, alcohol abuse, drug abuse, exercise abuse, and gambling

But we have evidence he wasn't: you can't use it unless you're hurt. That's what we're saying.

frogger504
03-23-2012, 05:10 AM
But we have evidence he wasn't: you can't use it unless you're hurt. That's what we're saying.

I went over the whole thread twice, this is the first mention of that.

Anyways, I know it's part of the health system, I'm saying it's intertwined. I'll explain my reasoning again, I was always referring to the real Ezio and not the whole health thing that is out of canon.

In canon:
Real Ezio was using the Salts as a drug, he was addicted to the feeling it gave and used them a lot.
In the Simulation the Animus used it to represent health since Real Ezio got a rehabilitated feeling from it. He used it often so the Animus recognized the event (sniffing it) as a healer. Synchronization was intertwined with Health in the Animus 2.03. Whenever Ezio got hit it made him lose Synchronization aka heath. By repeating the event that real Ezio went through a lot he gained synchronization. When Desmond was at max synchronization the event would have no use, as he was in max synchronization.

Also, when simulated Ezio did things like showing up in front and all of those battles, they weren't all real. Most battles can be assumed to have not happened, not the way the player sees it anyways. Remember, what real Ezio went through was what Desmond sees as full synchronization. Most of the time he sneaked around and didn't actually go up against 50 guards to get an achievement. At some points he did, such as taking back/defending Forli and helping Caterina escape the Castel Sant'Angelo. When simulated Ezio did things the real Ezio didn't do it makes Desmond lose synchronization, aka health. To gain it the Animus would have to either go through the event which adds synchronization, the salts, or enter a new sequence which would restart it.

Real Ezio didn't take many hits, in reality Ezio would have died from getting hit by a sword. As for armor, I assume it is how it is because by that point in Ezio's life (after sequences), he had obtained better armor and would take more hits. without actually taking strikes. This is a completely different situation though and I'll have to think about that, although it is really off topic. It's relevant, but off topic. Armor has some type of canon which I have yet to figure out/think of.

Remember though, I am talking about in canon, not the real world application of it all.

NarQc
03-23-2012, 05:20 AM
I'm addicted to my painkillers :( I take them when I'm not in pain … lol

EscoBlades
03-23-2012, 06:12 AM
Let me repeat mysel (i seem to be doing that a lot lately)

In canon Ezio was NOT addicted to any of his painkillers or medicine. No smelling salts, no liquid medicine, no herbal remedy, nothing.

I'd be more than happy to get an expert on canon Ezio to prepare a quote for you should you require it....again. That's not me making fun of you, that's me providing a voice of reason.

Your call.....

Calvarok
03-23-2012, 06:15 AM
I went over the whole thread twice, this is the first mention of that.

Anyways, I know it's part of the health system, I'm saying it's intertwined. I'll explain my reasoning again, I was always referring to the real Ezio and not the whole health thing that is out of canon.

In canon:
Real Ezio was using the Salts as a drug, he was addicted to the feeling it gave and used them a lot.
In the Simulation the Animus used it to represent health since Real Ezio got a rehabilitated feeling from it. He used it often so the Animus recognized the event (sniffing it) as a healer. Synchronization was intertwined with Health in the Animus 2.03. Whenever Ezio got hit it made him lose Synchronization aka heath. By repeating the event that real Ezio went through a lot he gained synchronization. When Desmond was at max synchronization the event would have no use, as he was in max synchronization.

Also, when simulated Ezio did things like showing up in front and all of those battles, they weren't all real. Most battles can be assumed to have not happened, not the way the player sees it anyways. Remember, what real Ezio went through was what Desmond sees as full synchronization. Most of the time he sneaked around and didn't actually go up against 50 guards to get an achievement. At some points he did, such as taking back/defending Forli and helping Caterina escape the Castel Sant'Angelo. When simulated Ezio did things the real Ezio didn't do it makes Desmond lose synchronization, aka health. To gain it the Animus would have to either go through the event which adds synchronization, the salts, or enter a new sequence which would restart it.

Real Ezio didn't take many hits, in reality Ezio would have died from getting hit by a sword. As for armor, I assume it is how it is because by that point in Ezio's life (after sequences), he had obtained better armor and would take more hits. without actually taking strikes. This is a completely different situation though and I'll have to think about that, although it is really off topic. It's relevant, but off topic. Armor has some type of canon which I have yet to figure out/think of.

Remember though, I am talking about in canon, not the real world application of it all.
I'm talking about in canon as well, and as I've said before, if Ezio's need to use the smelling salts was to satisfy his addiction, then his "sync bar" would have gone down at random times, not when he got hit. As it is, the animus is showing that he only had a need to take medicine when he got hit, therefore he was never addicted to it, because he only used it when he needed to because of injuries. Add that to it never being mentioned in the story, and your theory just seems really, really unlikely. maybe as a joke or something, but you'll never convince me that that's canon, and none of the people who actually made the story would have intended for that to be the case.

frogger504
03-23-2012, 06:19 AM
Let me repeat mysel (i seem to be doing that a lot lately)

In canon Ezio was NOT addicted to any of his painkillers or medicine. No smelling salts, no liquid medicine, no herbal remedy, nothing.

I'd be more than happy to get an expert on canon Ezio to prepare a quote for you should you require it....again. That's not me making fun of you, that's me providing a voice of reason.

Your call.....

No thanks, I enjoy the discussion. It often leads to discovering new things. For example, several people didn't know that Ezio used Smelling Salts.

and none of the people who actually made the story would have intended for that to be the case.

That's probably true, but it is something that explains it. As someone mentions earlier, you don't just lose synchronization from getting hit, things like going somewhere Ezio wasn't or using the Apple for a second or more makes you lose Synchronization as well.

EscoBlades
03-23-2012, 06:24 AM
There's a difference between speculative discussion and you trying to convince people that your stance on a canon topic is correct (sans proof)

Because there are those who would actually believe your theory, and not do any research of their own. I tend to call that "misleading"

Anyway, thread stopped being entertaining. I'm going to sleep with my packet of smelling salts.

Calvarok
03-23-2012, 07:54 AM
No thanks, I enjoy the discussion. It often leads to discovering new things. For example, several people didn't know that Ezio used Smelling Salts.

That's probably true, but it is something that explains it. As someone mentions earlier, you don't just lose synchronization from getting hit, things like going somewhere Ezio wasn't or using the Apple for a second or more makes you lose Synchronization as well.
But in those cases you're losing sync because you're somewhere you're not, or becasue the apple has negative effects on health. Does standing in one place not using medicine cause sync loss? No? Then it's impossible to say that sync represents his addiction, because he ONLY loses it from either things that are actually desynching him (and the reason it loses health blocks is probably something to do with how the game works, where they need to "kill" the character to get the desynch effect to pop up) or damaging him. The apple applies as something that damages him, because as you can see from ezio's animation if you overuse it, it is obviously physically draining to use it too long.

I understand what you're doing, trying to find a way that Ezio COULD be addicted to his painkillers. But the mechanical and story evidence in the game makes that suited for basically just fan-fiction.

frogger504
03-23-2012, 08:38 AM
I ask you to re-read your post and ask yourself
What is wrong here?

Calvarok
03-23-2012, 08:58 AM
I have no idea what that's supposed to mean, bud.

frogger504
03-23-2012, 10:30 AM
You are getting canon mixed up with real world application. I am talking strictly in canon.

Calvarok
03-23-2012, 10:52 AM
What do you think that canon means? In canon, there is no reference to Ezio being addicted to anything, he doesn't display addictive qualities, and he is never shown using medicine very often, or indeed getting hit very often. The animus is part of the canon too. And since it never displays any sort of sync drop that correlates to your theory, that's another thing making your theory seem baseless.

As I said, this could easily be a funny little comic or fanfic, but the "real" ezio didn't have to use something as strong as smelling salts after every fight. And the side-effects of such treatment were never evident in him, because he only used them when they would balance out his energy, not overbalance it. So... really... I'm just going to stop.

EDIT: and if I was talking about real life application, then I wouldn't be using the animus in my arguments.

SlimeDynamiteD
03-23-2012, 12:56 PM
This whole discussion is pointless.
You're basing your idea on Ezio using Smelling Salts to regain health (or synchronization as you'd like to say).
Therefore he must be addicted to it, because he seems to be using it in Canon as well!
Let's forget for a whole second that Ezio uses Smelling Salts as painkillers, and let's say he must be addicted to them because he seems to be addicted to it.
Nevermind the fact that he gets hurt a lot as an Assassin, with all the freerunning and fighting he does.

Your point doesn't make sense, you're jumping to conclusions you can't so easily jump to.
It's like saying: Ezio kills people, therefore he must be addicted to killing people!

It's ridiculous and you can't make that assumption.

LightRey
03-23-2012, 01:01 PM

No, he couldn't. There were no significant adverse consequences, we do not ever see him using it when he is not wounded, the substance has no chemical effects on the body that cause a physical addiction and the substance has no intoxicating effects on the human body.

There is absolutely no reason to assume he was addicted to it at all​.

Ayush_S92
03-23-2012, 01:25 PM
The first few pages of this thread seemed legit...but after reading the last few pages I am really not sure if he is a really good troll or just obsessed with this topic.

frigabond
03-23-2012, 01:53 PM
To be fair the 'addicts' I have known (very few granted) say they needed it. As in they are ill without it. The justification is that it makes them better able to function. If i explained it right
In that respect i can see where Frogger may 'speculate' and he's entitled to do so.. I may not agree with the logic but I can sort of see where it comes from I think.

Personally I would have retired when I won the salts battle but each to thier own. lol.

SlimeDynamiteD
03-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Oh I understand where he gets it from, I'm just saying that the conclusions he makes are wrong.

Assassin_M
03-23-2012, 02:45 PM
Ezio was NOT addicted to smelling salt..
There is no evidence to suggest he was..
Medicine(smelling salt) was used as a healer when he was wounded..
Addiction is excessive over use for no reason other than to satisfy your bodies ailing for more of it..
and the way I see, Ezio didnt do that..

Tetsou88
03-23-2012, 05:30 PM
Bit off topic, but I had a run in with Smelling Salts after posting in this thread. I nearly passed out at the doctor's and they used them on me. Was not a fun experience.

frogger504
03-23-2012, 09:52 PM
To be fair the 'addicts' I have known (very few granted) say they needed it. As in they are ill without it. The justification is that it makes them better able to function. If i explained it right
In that respect i can see where Frogger may 'speculate' and he's entitled to do so.. I may not agree with the logic but I can sort of see where it comes from I think.

Personally I would have retired when I won the salts battle but each to thier own. lol.

I'm not trying too win anything. I don't discuss things to win arguments.

LightRey
03-23-2012, 09:55 PM
I'm not trying too win anything. I don't discuss things to win arguments.
He never said you were.

frigabond
03-23-2012, 10:23 PM
I thought it an honest (now mistaken?) attempt to see your reasoning and defend your right to it.
My apologies if this was an error.
Note to self : Must concentrate more

UrDeviant1
03-23-2012, 10:24 PM
Why make this assumption when there Is no evidence to suggest It's true? You've jumped to this wild conclusion on your own, which makes me think you yourself, are high. :rolleyes:

pacmanate
03-23-2012, 10:26 PM
Idc what you guys say, I just think its funny to think that he was addicted to smelling salts and thats why by Revelations his face was completely messed up.

UrDeviant1
03-23-2012, 10:31 PM
Idc what you guys say, I just think its funny to think that he was addicted to smelling salts and thats why by Revelations his face was completely messed up.

Then how do you explain Desmond's messed up face? lol

LightRey
03-23-2012, 10:33 PM
Ezio's face was messed up?

SlimeDynamiteD
03-23-2012, 10:35 PM
Yes, have you ever seen a good view on his face in-game? It was quite horrible...

pacmanate
03-23-2012, 10:41 PM
Then how do you explain Desmond's messed up face? lol

Because when Desmond lost sync then Rebecca and Shaun put smelling salts under desmonds nose without him noticing :P

Ezio's face was messed up?

Im just kidding between the desmond projected ezio face and the new one

UrDeviant1
03-23-2012, 10:45 PM
I think most politicians must use smelling salts.

ShaneO7K
03-23-2012, 11:28 PM
http://ui17.gamespot.com/2448/1272400307986_2.jpg

Calvarok
03-23-2012, 11:57 PM
Yes, have you ever seen a good view on his face in-game? It was quite horrible...
That's called age, buddy.

pacmanate
03-23-2012, 11:59 PM
That's called age, buddy.

He put on about 10 years over a day

frogger504
03-24-2012, 12:46 AM
He never said you were.

He said:

I thought it an honest (now mistaken?) attempt to see your reasoning and defend your right to it.
My apologies if this was an error.
Note to self : Must concentrate more

I know that, just making it clear that I'm not out to win any discussions. Too often I see people argue just to win arguments as if they are a competition of who's right and who's wrong

SixKeys
03-24-2012, 12:49 AM
Jesus Christ, this thread is still going?

Jexx21
03-24-2012, 01:04 AM
Frogger, if you aren't trying to win arguments, please stop looking like you are trying to win arguments.

For example, you state speculation as fact, saying that Canon Ezio was addicted to smelling salts.

frogger504
03-24-2012, 01:44 AM
Frogger, if you aren't trying to win arguments, please stop looking like you are trying to win arguments.

For example, you state speculation as fact, saying that Canon Ezio was addicted to smelling salts.

No, youi are misreading my words then, I am simply explaining the reasoning behind the speculation, each time I do so I state that I'm about to explain my reasoning then do.

Calvarok
03-24-2012, 03:49 AM
He put on about 10 years over a day
Actually, Revelations takes place 5 years after Brotherhood, and Ezio didn't age at all over the 7 years that brotherhood took place. So the difference you're seeing is actually 12 years. Not to mention the fact that not until the version of the animus in Revelations did we actually get to see the true face of the ancestor, previously it was just desmond with some added facial hair.

frogger504
03-24-2012, 04:14 AM
Actually, Revelations takes place 5 years after Brotherhood, and Ezio didn't age at all over the 7 years that brotherhood took place. So the difference you're seeing is actually 12 years. Not to mention the fact that not until the version of the animus in Revelations did we actually get to see the true face of the ancestor, previously it was just desmond with some added facial hair.

It took place less than 2 years after.

hotgal187
03-24-2012, 04:57 AM
ezio was so mch hota wen he was a yung persen coz i fkn hat old ppl but he want as hot as im

sticks165
03-24-2012, 07:13 AM
ezio was so mch hota wen he was a yung persen coz i fkn hat old ppl but he want as hot as im

what's that got to do with the topic of this thread?

Jexx21
03-24-2012, 08:49 AM
It took place less than 2 years after.

...no it didn't.

Assassin_M
03-24-2012, 09:10 AM
The Age gap between Brotherhood and Revelations should`nt be measured by the gap between 1507 and 1511, but rather 1503 and 1511
because you couldnt possibly expect Ubi to update his model with age for only 1 sequence which takes place in 1507, so they used his early 40s model..

Jexx21
03-24-2012, 09:15 AM
disregarding the 1507 sequence, there is a full 4 years in between 1507 and 1511, so it's not less than 2 years. -_-