PDA

View Full Version : The Shot Heard 'Round the World

xXTheSquidXx
03-22-2012, 03:56 AM
Wouldn't it be awesome if Connor fired "The Shot Heard 'Round the World"? Considering how nobody really knows if the Patriots or The British fired first (there are accounts coming from both sides of the confrontation, some saying British soldiers fired first, some saying that the Americans shot first) it would be really awesome if Connor does, effectivly starting the revolution. :)

Calvarok
03-22-2012, 03:57 AM
Wouldn't that make him look kinda stupid? It's not really a good thing to start a war...

xXTheSquidXx
03-22-2012, 04:04 AM
Well i'm looking at it as a sense of Ubisoft playing around with History in a good way. One of the ways they involve the Assassin Order into the mysteries of history, like how Machiavelli writes "The Prince" about Ezio. Me being a huge history nerd caught that in Brotherhood haha. But the way i see it that would be a really cool way for the assassin's to intervene. Who knows maybe he fires the shot and kills a Templar officer. For all we know at this point the entire American Revolution could be a war between Templars and Assassins with members of each faction on each side (maybe Benedict Arnold is a Templar). I just thought having Connor fire the shot would be a cool idea. All just speculation at this point.

DavisP92
03-22-2012, 04:06 AM
it would be better if he tried to stop the guy who was starting the war, but sadly was only able to stop (kill) him after he shot the gun

Calvarok
03-22-2012, 04:06 AM
I think it would make more sense for it to be fired by a templar antagonist.

xXTheSquidXx
03-22-2012, 04:08 AM
it would be better if he tried to stop the guy who was starting the war, but sadly was only able to stop (kill) him after he shot the gun

Didn't even think of that but that would be cool.

JumpInTheFire13
03-22-2012, 04:13 AM
It would make more sense for a Templar to start it, but I like how you're thinking about ways to implement the history into the game. Welcome to the forums :)

Saqaliba
03-22-2012, 04:45 AM
Maybe it is an assassination attempt on behalf of Connor. According to OXN Magazine Connor's goal in the plot is to save his people and to give his people a place in the future of America. Unfortunately this could be the shot that starts the Revolution.

The Iroquois league and way of peace was very influential on the Founding Fathers and there is very good research that indicates that the meetings between the Iroquios and the Fathers of U.S.A. was the basis upon which American democracy and liberty was formed. The Iroquis had a very big impact on Benjamin Franklin, who preffered the Indian way of life than that of European utopian pipe-dreams. Now, Connor is half English and half-Mohican - which means he literally makes the perfect 'noble savage' - a chain uniting the Assassin and Templar ideologies? Then ultimately blurring them... War through peace and peace through war?!

The ideologies of the Illuminati and of their most influential enlightenment philosopher Rousseau can be said to share a great commonality with the way of life of the Iroquois league.

By peace 'they' shall destroy many! I think the Presidency will be based on the great help of the Assassin aid in winning the Revolution, but only to play straight into the hands of the Templars. They will literally let the Assassins help find a 'new world' only to take it straight from them. The Templars penetrate the presidency.

frogger504
03-22-2012, 05:03 AM
I actually hopes it's him and makes a lot of sense for it to be him and would be a GREAT story point. The colonist and Redcoats are in the town, you arrive at a location to kill a target in the city or wherever, you are about to shoot an arrow at your target which happens to be a Redcoat, then someone tries to sneak up on Conner, he turns around, stabs them with the Tomahawk and quickly pulls out the Flintlock to get the kill, then the British notice it and draw arms, boom! wartime.

I mean if nobody knows who it was then it's the perfect thing for Ubi to do with it.Conner doing it by accident or on purpose. Obviously not with the intent on starting a war, just a kill that went wrong.

pirate1802
03-22-2012, 04:18 PM
Well i'm looking at it as a sense of Ubisoft playing around with History in a good way. One of the ways they involve the Assassin Order into the mysteries of history, like how Machiavelli writes "The Prince" about Ezio. int.

Did he really write "The Prince" on Ezio? (in AC universe ofcourse), wow i didn't see that :O

frogger504
03-22-2012, 04:23 PM
Did he really write "The Prince" on Ezio? (in AC universe ofcourse), wow i didn't see that :O

Yeah, in ACB he told Ezio he would write a book about him and Ezio told him to keep it short. In the real book there's a quote that Ezio used/made.

LightRey
03-22-2012, 04:35 PM
It's the short book he was talking about in ACB. He told Ezio he was "going to write a book about [Ezio] one day.", to which Ezio responded: "If you do, make it short.". It's an obvious reference to The Prince as it is basically revolving around Cesare's story (the main character is based on him) and it's notorious for being a very short book.

freddie_1897
03-22-2012, 05:11 PM
It's the short book he was talking about in ACB. He told Ezio he was "going to write a book about [Ezio] one day.", to which Ezio responded: "If you do, make it short.". It's an obvious reference to The Prince as it is basically revolving around Cesare's story (the main character is based on him) and it's notorious for being a very short book.
thats a nice touch, i like little things like that, like in ACR when we see that famous picture of sofia, or in the da vinci disappearance when you see leonardo complaining about the mona lisas' smile not being too good

LightRey
03-22-2012, 05:16 PM
thats a nice touch, i like little things like that, like in ACR when we see that famous picture of sofia, or in the da vinci disappearance when you see leonardo complaining about the mona lisas' smile not being too good
Yeah I loved that. He literally called it meaningless. xD

Josegtx13
03-22-2012, 05:27 PM

I like this idea better.

Jexx21
03-22-2012, 09:47 PM
I think the Assassin's would be all for getting America's independence.

pirate1802
03-23-2012, 06:12 AM
Yeah, in ACB he told Ezio he would write a book about him and Ezio told him to keep it short. In the real book there's a quote that Ezio used/made.

I must have missed it. Gotta say, ubisoft has an eye for history ;)

Moultonborough
03-25-2012, 12:02 AM
Wouldn't it be awesome if Connor fired "The Shot Heard 'Round the World"? Considering how nobody really knows if the Patriots or The British fired first (there are accounts coming from both sides of the confrontation, some saying British soldiers fired first, some saying that the Americans shot first) it would be really awesome if Connor does, effectivly starting the revolution. :)

Found this on Wikipedia "Some witnesses among the regulars reported the first shot was fired by a colonial onlooker from behind a hedge or around the corner of a tavern". Perfect for Connor.