PDA

View Full Version : I just noticed something in Desmond's Journey.

GeneralTrumbo
03-22-2012, 02:47 AM
Did anyone notice how when you scroll over the hands in Desmond's Journey, it shows all kinds of symbols hovering around it? Like I saw that Yona Guni symbol and the upside down star as well. And if I am correct, I even noticed the Erudito symbol(abstergo's symbol flipped). What could this represent?

Moultonborough
03-22-2012, 03:37 AM
What do you mean by hands?

Calvarok
03-22-2012, 03:39 AM
The switch activators in certain parts of levels

LightRey
03-22-2012, 03:44 AM
Ah. I'd say it's just an Easter Egg like thing.

Moultonborough
03-22-2012, 03:47 AM
Oh. I will check it out later. I thought he meant the hand pointing in the first one.

GeneralTrumbo
03-22-2012, 07:47 AM
Yeah, I'm talking about the hands that you use to active certain things in the levels.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-22-2012, 08:07 PM
Usually, everyday symbols flipped/reversed represent some sort of occult relationship. For example, the pentagram (an upside down star) for satanism. Perhaps the flipped abstergo symbol is meant to represent the assassin order?

SixKeys
03-22-2012, 08:46 PM
Usually, everyday symbols flipped/reversed represent some sort of occult relationship. For example, the pentagram (an upside down star) for satanism. Perhaps the flipped abstergo symbol is meant to represent the assassin order?

It doesn't really represent occultism, just railing against the established system. Upside down crosses have also been a symbol of Satanism not because of any "dark forces" at play but because the movement represents everything contrary to Christianity.

In the case of the flipped Abstergo logo: if Erudito is some sort of anarchistic group like Anonymous, it just means they stand against everything Abstergo represents. Not that they are necessarily siding with the assassins, they just help the assassins because it furthers their own goals.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-22-2012, 10:05 PM
Call it what you will, the principle is generally the same.

SixKeys
03-22-2012, 10:10 PM
Not really. The way you worded it sounded like you were suggesting Erudito had occult connections just because their symbol is Abstergo's logo flipped upside down. And just because Erudito is against Abstergo doesn't mean they are necessarily on the assassins' side. They may dislike Abstergo but for their own reasons, not necessarily tied to the Templars vs. Assassins war. Abstergo has done some pretty shady things from a business point of view, not just because they are Templars. Erudito could be helping the assassins not because they share the same ideology but because they just don't like Abstergo as a company.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-22-2012, 10:26 PM
Look, you read to far into an analogy. Okay? The point is, the symbol turned about could be representation of something anticedent to the meaning of the original symbol. Simple as that. That was my point.

Calvarok
03-22-2012, 10:34 PM
Erudito is a less ****ish version of Anonymous, IMO.