PDA

View Full Version : New AC3 Details Here!

edzilla_551
03-21-2012, 11:46 PM
Here is some new info I am willing to share with you guys, I just recently read the OXM MAGAZINE and here is some details that I found new so enjoy!

-- new enemy types include agile native american foes and burly Scottish men
- the plot covers 35 years of Connors life
- Connors goal in the plot is to save his people and to give his people a place in the future of america.
- a new feature ubisoft is calling stalking zones in where connor can slink into bushes and can move through the foliage, the player can manoeuvre himself around the assassination target and go in for the kill.
- there will be snow patrol of mainly redcoats in horse carriages throughout the frontier.
- adding on to the snow weather, theres also be rain and fog
- enemies are also carrying axes( Scotsmen)
- combat has been completely overhauled allowing the player to assign a weapon in each hand and will alternate the press of the X and Y ****ons.
- a new Chinese inspired weapon called the rope dart allows you to string your enemies up like poultry.
- the controls for free running have been simplified that remove the need to hold separate ****ons during free running, the A ****on is drafted in for specific verticle climbing.
- 30 percentage of the missions take place in the frontier
- Frenchman Lafayette is in the game.
- holding A with RT is now for climbing upwards.
- Citizens have individual roles and routines in the cities.
- 3:1 is the scale of Boston compared to the real city
- the narrative scope of assassins creed 3 is 20% larger than AC2
- the percentage of spoken characters in the game that are based on real historical people is 80%.
- QUOTE: " assassins creed 3 is all but to renew your faith in the series".

Alright guys that about all the new stuff I got from the article and from what I read AC3 can not only match the greatness of AC2 but better it, which was also mentioned in the article:).

Vex_Assassin
03-21-2012, 11:48 PM
That sounds AMAZING !!!!

tarrero
03-21-2012, 11:50 PM
Awesome!!!!

the thing that excite me the most is the "stalnking zone"

dex3108BL
03-21-2012, 11:53 PM
If somebody have read Official Playstation Magazine please post if something new is revealed :D

edzilla_551
03-21-2012, 11:56 PM
ill try and get that magazine aswell if I can but I doubt there'll be anything new

rob.davies2014
03-22-2012, 12:01 AM
I've read the OPM, here's what I didn't know before reading it:
As the guy above says: rope dart, you can throw it down from a tree oil a guard, reel it in use it again.
There will be kiddies and dogs in the cities.
You can't take medicine during a fight you need to escape and rest.
There were some new pics as well, my puny scanner wouldn't do them justice but I'm sure they'll be up on the internet before too long.

edzilla_551
03-22-2012, 12:05 AM
that should make fights more difficult, that is goods news:)

tarrero
03-22-2012, 12:13 AM
I've read the OPM, here's what I didn't know before reading it:

You can't take medicine during a fight you need to escape and rest.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Cornik22
03-22-2012, 12:15 AM
I'm sure you guys will find this video interesting :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhW67MBO8M8

rileypoole1234
03-22-2012, 12:18 AM
Yes. Just yes. Everything sounds amazing. Big Scotsmen, natives, rain. Oi it just sounds so good.

matheus_737
03-22-2012, 12:20 AM
OMG this seeing to be better than AC2 if it's OMG GOTY
The game now will have stealth elements finally and the combat is very nice but i need to see yet. And heve a lot of realism to like: snow, rain and summer, can't use medicine in fight
AWSOME!!!!!!! now i need informations about desmond

De Filosoof
03-22-2012, 12:30 AM
- the controls for free running have been simplified that remove the need to hold separate ****ons during free running, the A ****on is drafted in for specific verticle climbing.
- holding A with RT is now for climbing upwards.

Nice info! but i donŽt get this...Does this mean there isnŽt the option to walk, run AND sprint anymore or what?

Calvarok
03-22-2012, 12:37 AM
Nice info! but i donŽt get this...Does this mean there isnŽt the option to walk, run AND sprint anymore or what?

It means that holding A makes you sprint and freerun forward, while A+RT is used for climbing up and over walls and leaping to ledges.

notafanboy
03-22-2012, 12:41 AM
new screens, iŽd thought iŽd share them with you guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLapQf1VTS8

Vex_Assassin
03-22-2012, 12:47 AM
The new screens look fantastic!

Calvarok
03-22-2012, 12:49 AM

Thanks man! Looks awesome!

Moultonborough
03-22-2012, 12:53 AM
It seems like they brought back the old health system. I hated the AC1 health. Oh well, can't have everything.

AnthonyA85
03-22-2012, 12:54 AM
So the Rope Dart is like Predator's Fishing Line from the first movie? Nice :)

The "stalking zones" sound interesting, should make assassinations more fun.

And the fact that we can no longer take medicine DURING a fight, that has been long overdue, and should make fighting A LOT more difficult. Though it will be interesting to see how they handle the health system now, since i'm pretty sure we won't be walking around in severfal layers of chainmail or plate armor. If they pull another "Unbreakable armor set" plot line, i won't be impressed. That lost it's relevence after Brotherhood, and the ugly Brutus armor.

edzilla_551
03-22-2012, 01:01 AM
It seems like they brought back the old health system. I hated the AC1 health. Oh well, can't have everything.

Why wouldnt you want a more difficult game?, i think its a good idea and hopefully medicine will not be in the game

DavisP92
03-22-2012, 01:07 AM
LOL i was right, to all the ppl that said "oh that site isn't creditable, and there is no rope weapon in AC3" IN YOUR FACE lol :P.

okay but seriously, that's really cool, i want to see what this stalking zones are, does that mean we can attack the target in anyway we want or what? AC3 is looking better and better

Moultonborough
03-22-2012, 01:10 AM
Why wouldnt you want a more difficult game?, i think its a good idea and hopefully medicine will not be in the game

I'm not saying I don't want a more difficult game. I just hated hiding until my health built back up. Ubisoft already said they wanted us to keep Connor moving at all times how can standing around for a couple minutes so the player can stay alive help.

FestivalBow69
03-22-2012, 01:10 AM
Im very happy to see all these innovations. I also like that they are putting Lafayette in the game he is one of my favorite characters from american history.:)

ION_05
03-22-2012, 01:24 AM
So what is the name of the weapon going to be, chain dart or rope dart because I posted an article yesterday calling it the chain dart and this one calls it the rope dart.

Calvarok
03-22-2012, 01:26 AM
I'm not saying I don't want a more difficult game. I just hated hiding until my health built back up. Ubisoft already said they wanted us to keep Connor moving at all times how can standing around for a couple minutes so the player can stay alive help.

It's staying in one place after you've gotten to safety. Connor is moving at all times when he's actually doing something, like combat or free-running. It makes sense that healing yourself would be something you need to do while there's no distractions.

Subject J80
03-22-2012, 01:31 AM
So what is the name of the weapon going to be, chain dart or rope dart because I posted an article yesterday calling it the chain dart and this one calls it the rope dart.

I just want to have a go of it.......the city screen looks great, as does the frontier.

Thanks to OP for the screens.

tarrero
03-22-2012, 01:33 AM
Man!!!

That Artwork looks awesome!

ION_05
03-22-2012, 01:34 AM
Ya me too I just wonder why they would call it two different names unless it didn't have one and the people that played the demo just made up a name.

edzilla_551
03-22-2012, 02:38 AM
the first picture in the screenshot shows a clear view of the hidden blade at 0:14:)

bighouse_761
03-22-2012, 02:51 AM
After looking at the screenshots i am thinking maby you wont have dual hidden blades anymore or they are going to come in later into the game becuase if you look at the pictures mainley the one in the video at

0:23 you can see the hidden blade arm peice on only one of his arms and on the other thier is just the rest of his jacket

Calvarok
03-22-2012, 03:42 AM
Meh, dual hidden blades were kinda not that useful. And it's kinda unrealistic to think you could time a strike so perfectly that you get both of them through the neck with an air assassination.

DavisP92
03-22-2012, 04:10 AM
Meh, dual hidden blades were kinda not that useful. And it's kinda unrealistic to think you could time a strike so perfectly that you get both of them through the neck with an air assassination.

haha i like meh. but yea duel hidden blades were nice when we first saw them. but now, if we don't have it i would welcome the challenge. I'd like to see how i'd kill two targets if i didn't have two hidden blades. maybe shoot two arrows at them :D

frogger504
03-22-2012, 04:40 AM
The only thing I don't really like is that they removed the concept of High Profile. Not for running but for instant combat. My main overall usage of entrance of combat was sneaking and striking and at times being completely hidden, and choosing whether I strike loud or strike quietly, I'm going to miss that a lot.

Super excited for the Rope/Chain dart (on Google they are known by both names)

Calvarok
03-22-2012, 04:41 AM
The only thing I don't really like is that they removed the concept of High Profile. Not for running but for instant combat. My main overall usage of entrance of combat was sneaking and striking and at times being completely hidden, and choosing whether I strike loud or strike quietly, I'm going to miss that a lot.

Super excited for the Rope/Chain dart (on Google they are known by both names)

You can still sneak around and do quiet kills. It's just that there's no ****on you have to press to chose between it.

grant770
03-22-2012, 04:46 AM
How come in the first picture of Connor in the tree, his hidden blade is on his right hand. Then in the picture of him behind the tree his hidden blade is on his left hand? Isn't it tradition to always have the hidden blade (or the first one anyway,) on the left hand?

frogger504
03-22-2012, 04:50 AM
How come in the first picture of Connor in the tree, his hidden blade is on his right hand. Then in the picture of him behind the tree his hidden blade is on his left hand? Isn't it tradition to always have the hidden blade (or the first one anyway,) on the left hand?

It's not really tradition, you just put it on whichever hand you actively use. It would be kind of dumb for a right handed Assassin be forced to use it in his Left hand. Better precision in your best hand for better kills.

Also, it's possible that at some point in the game we get another blade or the first one gets destroyed.

Calvarok
03-22-2012, 04:50 AM
I don't think the first picture is a gameplay screen. The artist put it on that hand. Simple.

AnthonyA85
03-22-2012, 04:53 AM
You can still sneak around and do quiet kills. It's just that there's no ****on you have to press to chose between it.

So there's a chance it could be dynamic? where it would auto-activate in certain situations, like during a fight? It'll be interesting to see how the PC controls will be set up.

frogger504
03-22-2012, 04:55 AM
I don't think the first picture is a gameplay screen. The artist put it on that hand. Simple.
That too.

So far that is yet to be talked about, we can't be sure yet. Also, from what we know it probably can't be controlled since there's no concept of High Profile which I love.

Calvarok
03-22-2012, 05:16 AM
It can still be controlled, but in more intuitive ways. For example, you want to do a high profile kill, run up while attacking. if you want a silent kill, move up slowly. There's no real point in having to pull some random trigger to make something like that work.

frogger504
03-22-2012, 05:19 AM
It can still be controlled, but in more intuitive ways. For example, you want to do a high profile kill, run up while attacking. if you want a silent kill, move up slowly. There's no real point in having to pull some random trigger to make something like that work.

May I ask how you have obtained that knowledge?

Calvarok
03-22-2012, 05:46 AM
They said that if you attack while sprinting, you'll do an acrobatic move to keep you moving while you're killing. So logically if you're not sprinting you'll do a more subdued kill.

pirate1802
03-22-2012, 05:50 AM
Oh man. AC3 keeps getting more and more exciting! :O

Josegtx13
03-22-2012, 06:00 AM
"the narrative scope of assassins creed 3 is 20% larger than AC2"

*Feminine screech*

Moultonborough
03-22-2012, 06:29 AM
Oh man. AC3 keeps getting more and more exciting! :O

Agreed. Can't wait till October.

*Feminine screech*

Hopefully that is not an exaggeration on their part. I would love to find out the source they got the info from just to make sure it is totally creditable.

Josegtx13
03-22-2012, 06:36 AM
Hopefully that is not an exaggeration on their part. I would love to find out the source they got the info from just to make sure it is totally creditable.

You're right. I shouldn't get my hopes up until I see the sources.

Master_Rahl
03-22-2012, 06:48 AM
I'm thinking the "RT+A" combo for climbing upward is for freerunning in trees. With branches above you, as well as in front of you, at almost all times, it'd be difficult to control it properly with the old system of "hold the ****ons down to do all freerunning." With this, one can more easily climb either straight up, or run at the same level in the trees. That's what I thought of when I read it, anyway. Another possibility is, if there are open windows on buildings to allow you to enter the homes as hiding spots, which some people — myself included — are hoping for, as you're climbing, you could go straight over the window and keep climbing upward if you've got a setup like that, whereas with the old system you'd most likely automatically climb into the window and jump straight in. To enter, one could simply let go of the right trigger.

At any rate, I'm psyched. So many awesome features. I can't wait to see them all.

SleezeRocker
03-22-2012, 06:54 AM
After reading that...this is how I feel (skip to 0:37):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYsf5ygIukA&feature=player_detailpage#t=42 s

frogger504
03-22-2012, 06:58 AM
I'm thinking the "RT+A" combo for climbing upward is for freerunning in trees. With branches above you, as well as in front of you, at almost all times, it'd be difficult to control it properly with the old system of "hold the ****ons down to do all freerunning." With this, one can more easily climb either straight up, or run at the same level in the trees. That's what I thought of when I read it, anyway. Another possibility is, if there are open windows on buildings to allow you to enter the homes as hiding spots, which some people — myself included — are hoping for, as you're climbing, you could go straight over the window and keep climbing upward if you've got a setup like that, whereas with the old system you'd most likely automatically climb into the window and jump straight in. To enter, one could simply let go of the right trigger.

At any rate, I'm psyched. So many awesome features. I can't wait to see them all.

That's exactly how I interpreted it as well.

Big-Boss_777
03-22-2012, 07:09 AM

Nice find! After analyzing some photos I have no doubt that there will be some sort of a cover system and more realism to interacting with the environment. fingers crossed :eek:

Sukramo
03-22-2012, 07:28 AM

Cool find, everything looked sweet until I saw the American flag in the assasain logo. Really? REALLY?

Lets cross our fingers that medicine is gone. Worst.addition.ever.

Lonesoldier2012
03-22-2012, 07:44 AM
"Drools and passes out"

Sukramo
03-22-2012, 09:42 AM

*Feminine screech*

Lets just hope it has less annoying filler content, AC2 had quite alot of it.

frogger504
03-22-2012, 09:44 AM
Lets just hope it has less annoying filler content, AC2 had quite alot of it.

Wait, like what?

Sukramo
03-22-2012, 09:55 AM
Wait, like what?

Helping Venince Theif guild had filler content written all over it. The intro whre you have to run around and carry out pointless tasks . The whole "Save mercenaries" In Venice thing.

For me ACB had very little filler content, just tutorials to like the noteriety system.

ACR had those insanely pointless "find books" side quests. Some of which had to be completed for the campaign.

Everyone holds AC2 so close to their heart, yes it was the biggest but to me, it wasent the best, ACB was.

GeneralTrumbo
03-22-2012, 10:10 AM
Helping Venince Theif guild had filler content written all over it. The intro whre you have to run around and carry out pointless tasks . The whole "Save mercenaries" In Venice thing.

For me ACB had very little filler content, just tutorials to like the noteriety system.

ACR had those insanely pointless "find books" side quests. Some of which had to be completed for the campaign.

Everyone holds AC2 so close to their heart, yes it was the biggest but to me, it wasent the best, ACB was.
It disgusts me that you want ACB-quality games every year. I loved AC2 and that was because of the engaging story. Brotherhood had no story twists whatsoever.

frogger504
03-22-2012, 10:25 AM
Opinions all around...

eagleforlife1
03-22-2012, 10:27 AM
It disgusts me that you want ACB-quality games every year. I loved AC2 and that was because of the engaging story. Brotherhood had no story twists whatsoever.

Have to agree with this.

GeneralTrumbo
03-22-2012, 10:29 AM
Opinions all around...
Sorry, but I can't be in support of people giving Ubisoft ideas to start pumping out games.

frogger504
03-22-2012, 10:32 AM
You don't have to be in "support" of anyone, but opinions.

I want them to continue yearly or even bi-yearly games. Is that what you meant? That you don't want that?

While I disagree that ACB was "better" I do hope for more games, like side games if necessary. If they keep them as good as they have been I have no problem with getting the games twice a year.Ubisoft has many studios and a HUGE Franchise. It can do it.

SixKeys
03-22-2012, 10:51 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I'm most excited about the fact that we won't be able to heal in battle anymore. Should hike up the challenge closer to AC1 level again. :D

I am a little worried how the new control system is going to carry over to PC. After four games I'm so used to the keyboard controls that I don't want to go out and buy a gamepad just for this one.

Legendz54
03-22-2012, 11:00 AM
this game is gonna be the game of the year

Sukramo
03-22-2012, 11:13 AM

Machivalli being a traitor or not? Desmond kills Lucy? The biggest twist in the entire series not enogh for you?

I want ACB quality, not ACR quality.

frogger504
03-22-2012, 11:44 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I'm most excited about the fact that we won't be able to heal in battle anymore. Should hike up the challenge closer to AC1 level again. :D

I am a little worried how the new control system is going to carry over to PC. After four games I'm so used to the keyboard controls that I don't want to go out and buy a gamepad just for this one.

I have a feeling that it may be much harder now since you need precision control for the combat. I play on PC but use a Xbox 360 Gamepad. The control scheme for PC just doesn't work at all for PC imo. I couldn't even make it 5 minutes using K&M. While it's good for shooters, in a game where you need total ****on/aim control gamepad is best (imo).

Assassin_M
03-22-2012, 11:55 AM
Machivalli being a traitor or not? Desmond kills Lucy? The biggest twist in the entire series not enogh for you?

I want ACB quality, not ACR quality.
There is a new trend these days called..... I dont know remember exactly, but i think its called "opinions".
You know ? how everyone can say what they think about something ?

Lexax123
03-22-2012, 12:20 PM

Really? ACB was virtually all filler content, sequence 3,5,6,7 and 8 was exactly the same as what you decribed as 'pointless tasks' from AC2. Meet the three factions, help the thieves, help the mercs, help the courtesans etc. Yes they were to help assassinate the targets, but that's exactly what they did for you in AC2, except within 3 sequences instead of half the game. Also unlike ACB, Ezio was unaware of the whereabouts of rodrigo until near the end. Ceasre on the other hand could've been killed after returning to Rome in sequence 5. The game could have finished in 5 sequences and still make sense. Don't get me wrong, I loooved ACB, but it's story definitely wasn't the strongest.

Sorry to go off topic like that...

LightRey
03-22-2012, 12:57 PM

*Feminine screech*
Is there such a thing as a masculine screech?

Sukramo
03-22-2012, 01:56 PM
There is a new trend these days called..... I dont know remember exactly, but i think its called "opinions".

Opinions are one thing but he made a categorical statement "There were no plottwists in ACB"

Seeing as there were, he is wrong. Now if he had said, "I didnt like the plottwists in ACB" that would have been an opinion.

sequence 3,5,6,7 and 8 was exactly the same

Nope, you did different things in all of them and they were all tied to the main story nicely. Saving the thives/Mercs was a dull chore for me in AC2.

Not saying that AC2 was bad but for me in singleplayer it goes:

ACB>>>AC2>>>>>>>>>>>>AC1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ACR

ACR is worst because it was horrendously rushed and I hated the story. AC1 ranks middle due to how repedetive it was and because the fail combat (You could basicaly spam throw guards and win)

Now for challenge it is:

AC1>>>>>>>>>>>>>AC2>>>>>>>>>>ACB>>>ACR

None of the games were really hard.

pirate1802
03-22-2012, 04:03 PM
Is there such a thing as a masculine screech?

something like HELL YEAH!! *hollering male voice*

Also, ACR was a great game in my opinion, certainly better than ACB, which felt like an expansion of AC2, with almost the same settings, same characters and same villains. And also the same type of story (Borgias come hurt you so you go give them back). Which is not to say ACB was a bad game, far from it. It was just worse than ACR. .

LightRey
03-22-2012, 04:25 PM
something like HELL YEAH!! *hollering male voice*

Also, ACR was a great game in my opinion, certainly better than ACB, which felt like an expansion of AC2, with almost the same settings, same characters and same villains. And also the same type of story (Borgias come hurt you so you go give them back). Which is not to say ACB was a bad game, far from it. It was just worse than ACR. .
I dunno. That's more of a yell than a screech, don't ya think?

Anyways, I think all games have their own unique place and function in the series and each fulfills its role beautifully.

pacmanate
03-22-2012, 04:38 PM
Awesome!!!!

the thing that excite me the most is the "stalnking zone"

Yeah "Stalnking zone"!!!!!!!!!!

- 30 percentage of the missions take place in the frontier
- the narrative scope of assassins creed 3 is 20% larger than AC2

I thought that the Frontier housed 1/3rd of the Missions not 30%???
Also, is the "narrative scope" including sequences 13 and 14 that we got in DLC?

freddie_1897
03-22-2012, 04:53 PM
oh yeah! i love that thing!
but seriously, you cant say that brotherhood has no twists at all, i mean, killing lucy WAS a twist, and a pretty big one at that, opinion is one thing, he has every right to say its not his favourite twist, or the best, but he can't say that its not a twist, because it is

EDIT: YAY I'm a senior member now!

AaronOliver2012
03-22-2012, 05:05 PM
Hi everyone,

In contrast with the above senior member, this is my first post here! But anyway, towards the point - this is all very interesting information and I'm really looking forward to ACIII...what really interested me was the point that said the plot spans 35 years of Connor's life...we've previously heard the game is set between 1753 and 1783, which is only 30 years. Now, I guess it's very likely this just means that there might be a few very young years of our protagonist's life which are shown but don't feature enough gameplay to really introduce us to the setting - but it's interesting to think that an extra five years after 1783, if these details are correct, would almost take us up to the signing of the Declaration of the Rights of Man, where of course one would also find the Phyrgian cap and Masonic eye in one place!

Whether that's feasible or not, all of this info is enough to be really excited about! Does anyone else remember the Daggertail weapon from Prince of Persia: the Two Thrones? It was the first thing I though of when I read about the chain dart ;)

freddie_1897
03-22-2012, 05:07 PM
Hi everyone,

In contrast with the above senior member, this is my first post here! But anyway, towards the point - this is all very interesting information and I'm really looking forward to ACIII...what really interested me was the point that said the plot spans 35 years of Connor's life...we've previously heard the game is set between 1753 and 1783, which is only 30 years. Now, I guess it's very likely this just means that there might be a few very young years of our protagonist's life which are shown but don't feature enough gameplay to really introduce us to the setting - but it's interesting to think that an extra five years after 1783, if these details are correct, would almost take us up to the signing of the Declaration of the Rights of Man, where of course one would also find the Phyrgian cap and Masonic eye in one place!

Whether that's feasible or not, all of this info is enough to be really excited about! Does anyone else remember the Daggertail weapon from Prince of Persia: the Two Thrones? It was the first thing I though of when I read about the chain dart ;)
OH MY GOD! A NEW MEMBER WHO IS GOOD AT GRAMMAR!
i congratulate you sir, you are like a baby who learns to walk before its mother

tarrero
03-22-2012, 05:17 PM
[QUOTE=pacmanate;8197208]Yeah "Stalnking zone"!!!!!!!!!!

**** Cellphone haha,

And well, even though Desmond killing lucy has been the BIGGEST twist yet, I felt ACB as the most rushed game of the series....

GeneralTrumbo
03-22-2012, 05:21 PM
Opinions are one thing but he made a categorical statement "There were no plottwists in ACB"

Seeing as there were, he is wrong. Now if he had said, "I didnt like the plottwists in ACB" that would have been an opinion.

Nope, you did different things in all of them and they were all tied to the main story nicely. Saving the thives/Mercs was a dull chore for me in AC2.

Not saying that AC2 was bad but for me in singleplayer it goes:

ACB>>>AC2>>>>>>>>>>>>AC1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ACR

ACR is worst because it was horrendously rushed and I hated the story. AC1 ranks middle due to how repedetive it was and because the fail combat (You could basicaly spam throw guards and win)

Now for challenge it is:

AC1>>>>>>>>>>>>>AC2>>>>>>>>>>ACB>>>ACR

None of the games were really hard.
ACB was easier than ACR. In ACR, you had Janissaries that actually fought back and put up a fight. In ACB you could mercilessly wipe out enemies, no enemy providing a challenge. And in ACB, it was all filler content. I agree Desmond stabbing Lucy was a big plot twist, but another big plot twist was when Ezio discovered he was a prophet when transporting the apple. The story was amazing as well. I mean, how sad and emotional was it when you watched his brother and father get murdered? These sequences were much better thought out in this game. When you assassinated, you planned it out with the factions before just rushing in like ACB. It was a great unrushed game.

AaronOliver2012
03-22-2012, 05:22 PM
OH MY GOD! A NEW MEMBER WHO IS GOOD AT GRAMMAR!
i congratulate you sir, you are like a baby who learns to walk before its mother

Haha, that's very kind! Thankyou! Although already I'm noticing a few pedantic grammatical mistakes in my post ;) ... I study linguistics...:P

With regard to my post, while of course I'd love to see a huge Parisian adventure in Assassins's Creed, I doubt that'd be something we would be treated to even with an extra 5 years. However, along with the information about the marquis de Lafayette being in the game - it's nice to think that we might be able to follow his story up to 1788 when he left America for Paris to help a little ordering in the Revolution. And, you know, I wouldn't say no to a few intermittent detours to the Court of Versailles - even earlier in the American revolution :P

GeneralTrumbo
03-22-2012, 05:25 PM
Yeah "Stalnking zone"!!!!!!!!!!

I thought that the Frontier housed 1/3rd of the Missions not 30%???
Also, is the "narrative scope" including sequences 13 and 14 that we got in DLC?
Technically, 30% would be nearly equal to 1/3rd.

eagleforlife1
03-22-2012, 05:56 PM
Concept art of Lafayette can be found here: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Lafayette

deskpe
03-22-2012, 05:59 PM
The hidden blade is on the right arm, its the imnage that WAS mirrored, you can see that by hes chest straps and the bow and quiver.
Here is the image in its unmirrored state:
http://i39.tinypic.com/21udc2.jpg
I believe it was mirrored for image theory reasons, because we "read" images left to right, the positioning of the soldiers make a downward slope(negative), and they appear to be walking back. when mirrored they make a upward slope(positive) and are walking forward.

LightRey
03-22-2012, 06:04 PM
The hidden blade is on the right arm, its the imnage that WAS mirrored, you can see that by hes chest straps and the bow and quiver.
Here is the image in its unmirrored state:
http://i39.tinypic.com/21udc2.jpg
So it's on his left arm as always. Note that he's not wearing the bracer on his right arm that he was wearing on the cover, suggesting that there'll be a second hidden blade.

deskpe
03-22-2012, 06:09 PM
LINK (http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/connor?before=1332384789#) to more images from the french magazine!

3 enemy types shows!

notafanboy
03-22-2012, 06:27 PM
LINK (http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/connor?before=1332384789#) to more images from the french magazine!

3 enemy types shows!

french... yea...

Animuses
03-22-2012, 06:27 PM
ACB was easier than ACR. In ACR, you had Janissaries that actually fought back and put up a fight. In ACB you could mercilessly wipe out enemies, no enemy providing a challenge. And in ACB, it was all filler content. I agree Desmond stabbing Lucy was a big plot twist, but another big plot twist was when Ezio discovered he was a prophet when transporting the apple. The story was amazing as well. I mean, how sad and emotional was it when you watched his brother and father get murdered? These sequences were much better thought out in this game. When you assassinated, you planned it out with the factions before just rushing in like ACB. It was a great unrushed game.
ACR was probably the most rushed game I've ever played. Nothing seemed to go together well. The story was disjointed, the free running was clunky, the combat wasn't fluid, the guards weren't varied, and it was filled with more gimmicks.

I don't believe ACB to be a rushed game. It just felt like two sequences made into a whole game. There wasn't much to do, so that's why it was full of gimmicks and had a mediocre story, but that doesn't excuse the fact that they turned Assassin's Creed into "Mercenary's Creed".

deskpe
03-22-2012, 06:38 PM
french... yea...
Is it not french? or are you saying its french so u cant understand it?

I don't know how to read french (or wahetver language that is) but the pictures are still there to look at ;)

LightRey
03-22-2012, 06:38 PM
ACR was probably the most rushed game I've ever played. Nothing seemed to go together well. The story was disjointed, the free running was clunky, the combat wasn't fluid, the guards weren't varied, and it was filled with more gimmicks.

I don't believe ACB to be a rushed game. It just felt like two sequences made into a whole game. There wasn't much to do, so that's why it was full of gimmicks and had a mediocre story, but that doesn't excuse the fact that they turned Assassin's Creed into "Mercenary's Creed".
I'm sorry to interrupt you here, but when exactly did this become a discussion on whether ACR or ACB were good games? Let's stop this off-topic stuff that's bound to get out of hands anyways.

Is it not french? or are you saying its french so u cant understand it?

I don't know how to read french (or wahetver language that is) but the pictures are still there to look at ;)
It's French. I just think he's "celebrating" the fact that it is.

True_Assassin92
03-22-2012, 06:39 PM
ACB felt like it was a part of AC 2 they had cut. I really think they decided to split it up whilst they, AC2 and ACB, actually should have been one. :D

oliacr
03-22-2012, 07:12 PM
best:
- the plot covers 35 years of Connors life
- 3:1 is the scale of Boston compared to the real city
- there will be snow patrol of mainly redcoats in horse carriages throughout the frontier.
- adding on to the snow weather, theres also be rain and fog

AMAZING

Sukramo
03-22-2012, 07:22 PM
you had Janissaries that actually fought back and put up a fight

True, but you almost never fought them. The campaign had you runing from them or infiltrating them. But better than Papal guards indeed.

However Revelations finaly let us do air assasaintions in combat. That means you can run up a roof and insta kill one Janis, climb up again and repeat until everyone is dead. Easier has never existed.

Also, ACB had Mounted enemies which were different, slightly harder and a fresh breath of air. ACR removed them.

it was all filler content

No.

when Ezio discovered he was a prophet

Who cares? Its not like it mattered to Ezio at all. I just though the whole "This has been fortold" was garbage.

When you assassinated, you planned it out with the factions before just rushing in like ACB.

No assasaination was hard in AC2 and you certainly didnt need factions for them. I even had enemies push Dante and that other guy into the water so they died. Silly AI.

It was a great unrushed game.

It wasent rushed, but Venice was filled with filler content.

ACB got me much more emotionaly involved than any of the others.

Animuses
03-22-2012, 07:34 PM
I'm sorry to interrupt you here, but when exactly did this become a discussion on whether ACR or ACB were good games? Let's stop this off-topic stuff that's bound to get out of hands anyways.
I'm sorry, but you're acting as if you've never gotten off-topic before. It happens, you know that, I know that, and so does everyone else. When many things are being discussed, it's hard not to go off-topic every now and then.

SixKeys
03-22-2012, 07:51 PM
LOL, LightRey scolding people for derailing the thread. I think he's just annoyed because people are complaining about games he happened to like. If it were about arguing semantics or grammar, there wouldn't be a problem.

Anyway, in the image that shows Connor's hidden blade, it looks very different than anything we've seen before. It looks like a screwdriver to me. Double hidden blades might still be in the game but they may be optional.

ION_05
03-22-2012, 07:59 PM
Ya you kind of need two hidden blades if you chose which weapon you want in each hand, because I don't think he will casually remove it and place it on his other hand everytime you switch weapons.

DavisP92
03-22-2012, 08:03 PM

3 enemy types shows!

can you translate the magazine, and what three new enemy types are shown? I know there are native american (Light) enemies and Scottish (heavy) enemies

SolidSage
03-22-2012, 08:09 PM

This.

Hopefully walk and run are now mapped to the pressure sensitivity of the thumbstick. So full forward + RT would = sprint, then pressing the A botton would inititate climb, like they said. Would that in turn mean we need to still hold A and RT to continually freeflow over obstacles or is it press A at every obstacle?

This concerns me. I don't want to lose the option to run or sprint, it allowed for a big and important variation in gameplay.

Also: You could air assassinate in combat long before ACR (whoever bought it up), I ran all over Brotherhood, up the free routes, air assassinate two guards, drop the remainder then right on to another route and repeat. Could clear massive sections of the city in very little time without hardly ever pausing. Got boring with the repetetive AI locations and responses after a while. Looking ofr AC3 to improve the full throttle death roll approach.

SixKeys
03-22-2012, 08:38 PM
Ya you kind of need two hidden blades if you chose which weapon you want in each hand, because I don't think he will casually remove it and place it on his other hand everytime you switch weapons.

I wouldn't mind terribly going back to a single blade. The double blades were optional in Brotherhood and they were kind of Ezio's thing. Connor seems to rely more on his tomahawk with the hidden blade being a secondary weapon (at least in battle).

I wonder if we'll still be able to fight or deflect attacks with the hidden blade?

egriffin09
03-22-2012, 08:39 PM
All the details are great. But for me the most important one out of all of them was: AC 3 narrative scope is 20% larger than AC 2. That means atleast 20 hrs of main quest hopefully. Plus additional hours with side missions.

LightRey
03-22-2012, 10:19 PM
I'm sorry, but you're acting as if you've never gotten off-topic before. It happens, you know that, I know that, and so does everyone else. When many things are being discussed, it's hard not to go off-topic every now and then.
So you're saying it's ok as long as I do it too?

LogiK_462
03-22-2012, 10:23 PM
Does anyone have screenshots of a digital version of these magazines? They aren't sold within my location and I have no way to pay for a digital one because I have no credit card... I hate that I can't get all the juicy information I crave for so desperately :p

FreshGroundFX
03-23-2012, 12:47 AM
I like how guys can argue about which hand the blade is on. How silly do you look when you argue over the fact that Altair's face+voice were changed completely? Or old Ezio doesn't look like a natural progression from young Ezio?

It's details like this that are irrelevant to the game dynamics, plot, or enjoy-ability, yet it's one of the biggest arguments on this thread.

Evan52395
03-23-2012, 01:42 AM
I like how guys can argue about which hand the blade is on. How silly do you look when you argue over the fact that Altair's face+voice were changed completely? Or old Ezio doesn't look like a natural progression from young Ezio?

It's details like this that are irrelevant to the game dynamics, plot, or enjoy-ability, yet it's one of the biggest arguments on this thread.
The voice and face changes were the Animus updates, which made them more like how they were supposed to look/sound back then. It wasn't the team being inconsistent.

pirate1802
03-23-2012, 05:38 AM
I dunno. That's more of a yell than a screech, don't ya think?

on second thought I agree, that's not a screech :|

I wouldn't mind terribly going back to a single blade. The double blades were optional in Brotherhood and they were kind of Ezio's thing. Connor seems to rely more on his tomahawk with the hidden blade being a secondary weapon (at least in battle).

I wonder if we'll still be able to fight or deflect attacks with the hidden blade?

I won't mind either. Anyways it is not like it was always there, it was introduced only with Ezio. So new assassin, new style why not?

It was changed a little yes, but not completely. The graphics has changed alot since we last saw Altair so his face is bound to change/upgrade/improve. I could still identify the old Ezio. Also, I'd much rather have a middle eastern guy talking in that accent rather than like an American.

Legendz54
03-23-2012, 08:36 AM
assassins creed 3 wil be 20% longer than ac2

Munna_Assassin
03-23-2012, 11:44 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/420117_383221241690056_382691288409718_1522095_210 2178303_n.jpg

I m suggesting on behalf of the millions of assassins creed game fans to the Ubisoft Assassins Creed developers to include the hidden blade .the millions of assassins creed fans are demanding Assassin creed 3 with hidden blade! which is the fovourite weapon in this game and made this game number One in ranking of the world.[B]
Its needed to include hidden blade in AC3 to be the no.1 again of recent year. share this to the ubisoft Please please please............

misterB2001
03-23-2012, 11:53 AM
Stop trolling, the hidden blades have been confirmed.

LightRey
03-23-2012, 12:08 PM
Stop trolling, the hidden blades have been confirmed.
Indeed. All those that do not think so should go see a doctor to get their eyes checked.

KrYpToNiC95
03-23-2012, 12:46 PM
In addition, each city in Assassin's Creed III should feel much more alive than in previous iterations, thanks to a brand new AI system. Rather than wandering around aimlessly, inhabitants will now go about their daily routines, working during the day and heading home at night. If someone needs your help, they'll come running up to ask you, and familiar NPCs will even acknowledge your presence from time to time with a greeting.

Very Encouraging indeed!

oliacr
03-23-2012, 02:03 PM
In addition, each city in Assassin's Creed III should feel much more alive than in previous iterations, thanks to a brand new AI system. Rather than wandering around aimlessly, inhabitants will now go about their daily routines, working during the day and heading home at night. If someone needs your help, they'll come running up to ask you, and familiar NPCs will even acknowledge your presence from time to time with a greeting.

Very Encouraging indeed!

really? amazing

SaintPerkele
03-23-2012, 02:12 PM
Oh look, new pictures..
http://multiplayer.it/immagini/assassins-creed-iii_a-per-x360/377666/

brick177
03-23-2012, 02:47 PM
Oh look, new pictures..

Nice. That rooftop view of Boston Harbor is my new favorite.

Assassin_M
03-23-2012, 02:48 PM
Oh look, new pictures..
Nope..

KrYpToNiC95
03-23-2012, 03:10 PM
really? amazing

Indeed, here is the source in case your wondering where I got it from.

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/5725/article/new-assassin-s-creed-iii-details-reveal-new-weapon-gameplay-changes-and-more/

Rycay
03-23-2012, 03:17 PM
Yay, finally something new! All of this stuff sounds awesome! :D

freddie_1897
03-23-2012, 05:27 PM
LOL, i mean its not stereotypical at all to make scottish people the big heavy brutes of the game is it?