PDA

View Full Version : Animus 3.0

De Filosoof
03-21-2012, 06:47 PM
The developers said Desmond will visit the memories of Connor through the upgraded animus 3.0.
Which new functions would you like to see?
I personally would like to see a weather simulation function so you can have a whole new gaming experience every time you replay a mission.

D.I.D.
03-21-2012, 07:04 PM
Maybe, but they were saying how happy they were about the research this time, knowing exactly what the weather conditions were on different days. I think it's going to play into the mission design itself on some occasions.

[trifling demand for reality] I don't know why Rebecca would want you to relive the same mission in different weather though. [/trifling demand for reality]

De Filosoof
03-21-2012, 07:35 PM
Maybe, but they were saying how happy they were about the research this time, knowing exactly what the weather conditions were on different days. I think it's going to play into the mission design itself on some occasions.

[trifling demand for reality] I don't know why Rebecca would want you to relive the same mission in different weather though. [/trifling demand for reality]
True, Maybe the weather simulation won't fit into the mission design but they upgraded the animus to 3.0 for a reason and therefore it will most likely have some new functions.
Does somebody have an idea of what the new functions could be?

Assassin_M
03-21-2012, 07:41 PM
True, Maybe the weather simulation won't fit into the mission design but they upgraded the animus to 3.0 for a reason and therefore it will most likely have some new functions.
Does somebody have an idea of what the new functions could be?
Any "idea" given at this time is considered speculation..
Not that Im against it..
But I believe the upgraded graphics are gonna be part of the new animus features :p
Any one who doesnt get this as a joke is an idiot..

De Filosoof
03-21-2012, 07:49 PM
Yes it's speculation but it's just for the fun and to see what kinda creative ideas some people have around these forums.

pacmanate
03-21-2012, 08:01 PM
It is fun to speculate things that dont get annoying to speculate.

Anyway, I'm guessing that weather simulation will be a part of the whole Animus 3.0 software thing. Mainly because the difference between Animus 1.0 and 2.0 where you couldnt swim in the Animus 1.0 because there was a "bug" :P

smengler
03-21-2012, 08:41 PM
Maybe you need to play the mission in the original weather the first time because the animus needs to "learn" what happened, before it simulates new weather (or something like that).

oliacr
03-21-2012, 11:05 PM
First ; snowy weather in the Frontier - 1v20 new system training againts redcoats :D

Will_Lucky
03-22-2012, 01:49 AM
I've already theorised its going to be Portable, or at least truely portable.
As for other changes, well I have absolutely no idea.

GeneralTrumbo
03-22-2012, 08:06 AM
I think it would definitely be cool to be portable for sure...or maybe some type of goggles(for the HUD, of course)?

ION_05
03-22-2012, 08:21 AM
How cool would it be if the animus 3.0 is just desmond interfacing with the apple to enter some kind of proto-animus.

frogger504
03-22-2012, 08:25 AM
I personally would like to see a weather simulation function so you can have a whole new gaming experience every time you replay a mission.

I second this. Maybe add it to a mode of custom gameplay, sandbox-esque? Like Forge from Halo, it creates an Open World (small version of the Frontier?), then you choose the enemies and the environment and such. Now that would be amazing. Virtual Training 3.0.

Calvarok
03-22-2012, 08:42 AM
How cool would it be if the animus 3.0 is just desmond interfacing with the apple to enter some kind of proto-animus.

I'd think that it would be far more advanced than 3.0 if that were the case...

GeneralTrumbo
03-22-2012, 08:49 AM
I hope they actually do the videos of the kill contracts like they did in AC2; those were really good.

De Filosoof
03-27-2012, 01:14 AM
I hope they actually do the videos of the kill contracts like they did in AC2; those were really good.
Yeah i really liked them too.
Don't know why they got rid of them...

De Filosoof
03-27-2012, 01:19 AM
I just saw somebody made a thread about the animus 3.0 before me.

Please continue here:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/662701-Animus-3-0

D.I.D.
03-27-2012, 01:22 AM
Yeah i really liked them too.
Don't know why they got rid of them...

I don't think Rebecca and Shaun were supposed to be fully aware of what Desmond was doing in Ezio's memories of Turkey. They certainly weren't trying to talk directly to him. It was nice in the middle games to have Shaun seeming to be connected with you in the simulation and helping you out with background information, but that couldn't happen in ACR.

De Filosoof
03-27-2012, 01:25 AM
I don't think Rebecca and Shaun were supposed to be fully aware of what Desmond was doing in Ezio's memories of Turkey. They certainly weren't trying to talk directly to him. It was nice in the middle games to have Shaun seeming to be connected with you in the simulation and helping you out with background information, but that couldn't happen in ACR.

Yeah, that's probably it:). Thanks.
But were they in ACB? I can't remember it. I vaguely remember they were only in AC2.

kriegerdesgottes
03-27-2012, 01:30 AM
My hope for this new animus is that they will give it that creepy feeling that it had in AC1 where you really felt like you were searching for memories of long dead individuals and there was that creepy fog in the loading screen and the kind of creepy music. In the other games it just became kind of a computer loading screen which I guess is what it's supposed to be but I really liked that mysterious creepy animus feeling from the first game.

tarrero
03-27-2012, 04:19 AM
My hope for this new animus is that they will give it that creepy feeling that it had in AC1 where you really felt like you were searching for memories of long dead individuals and there was that creepy fog in the loading screen and the kind of creepy music. In the other games it just became kind of a computer loading screen which I guess is what it's supposed to be but I really liked that mysterious creepy animus feeling from the first game.

This!!!!!!

New "design" in terms of structure, but the old colors from AC1, and I hope there is an eerie soundtrack also.