PDA

View Full Version : IGN Article - "Assassin's Creed Multiplayer Dev Revealed"

Zebroneath
03-21-2012, 03:46 AM
EDIT: "Assassin's Creed III Multiplayer Dev Revealed" (typo)

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1221239p1.html

I thought this deserved some attention, for those people who have gripes or concerns about multiplayer.

GeneralTrumbo
03-21-2012, 03:52 AM
I, myself, could care less about multiplayer if it will take away from my singleplayer experience. They only have so much space on one disc(that is why I was hoping for 2 =/). I just hope the multiplayer in AC3 won't make the game lack on the SP side of things. Otherwise, I will be fine. And PLEASE, Ubisoft, don't slack off on Desmond's side of things this time!

SixKeys
03-21-2012, 04:58 AM
They say Ubisoft Annecy only assisted in the Revelations MP? This is news to me. I thought they did both MPs for ACB and ACR. Could this be part of the reason why the ACR MP turned out such a mess, if it wasn't done entirely by the original team?

Calvarok
03-21-2012, 06:13 AM
I, myself, could care less about multiplayer if it will take away from my singleplayer experience. They only have so much space on one disc(that is why I was hoping for 2 =/). I just hope the multiplayer in AC3 won't make the game lack on the SP side of things. Otherwise, I will be fine. And PLEASE, Ubisoft, don't slack off on Desmond's side of things this time!
Dude, even IF companies determined how much content they could put in a game by disk space alone, that wouldn't be a problem in this case. All of the multiplayer info is stored at Ubisoft's servers. It barely takes up any space.

But as it is, Ubisoft determines how much content will be in the game based on how much content they can reasonably develop, polish, and bugfix by deadline. Multiplayer is done by a different studio, and so it will not take away from SP development.

AdamXEve
03-21-2012, 07:46 AM

LOLZ. Blu-Rays have nearly 20gigs of space and not even a third of that is usually filled up on PlayStation 3 games.

ace3001
03-21-2012, 01:51 PM
Dude, even IF companies determined how much content they could put in a game by disk space alone, that wouldn't be a problem in this case. All of the multiplayer info is stored at Ubisoft's servers. It barely takes up any space.Err, no. Multiplayer maps are stored on the game disc. You surely didn't think that they're being streamed while we play, right?

LightRey
03-21-2012, 01:57 PM
Err, no. Multiplayer maps are stored on the game disc. You surely didn't think that they're being streamed while we play, right?
That's true. It still doesn't take up much space though. Combine all the MP maps and you might just have something the size of one city.

pacmanate
03-21-2012, 04:43 PM
I made this thread like 2 days ago

derffg
03-21-2012, 05:09 PM
Multiplayer is done by a different studio, and so it will not take away from SP development.http://www.spgames.info/g.gif

De Filosoof
03-21-2012, 05:52 PM
Multiplayer is done by a different studio, and so it will not take away from SP development.http://www.spgames.info/g.gif
I don't know considering AC2 had a lot more cities and 14 sequences and the other 2 AC games with multiplayer after that only had 9 sequences and 1 big city.
I think unless xbox 360 will have 2 dvd's, multiplayer will definitely take away from the singleplayer length and size especially with all the upgraded stuff in AC3.

LightRey
03-21-2012, 06:11 PM
I don't know considering AC2 had a lot more cities and 14 sequences and the other 2 AC games with multiplayer after that only had 9 sequences and 1 big city.
I think unless xbox 360 will have 2 dvd's, multiplayer will definitely take away from the singleplayer length and size especially with all the upgraded stuff in AC3.
That had nothing to do with it. They simply didn't have the time to design more cities for ACB and ACR. Just look at ACIII. It's going to have MP and it has at least 5 cities and The Frontier.

playassassins1
03-21-2012, 07:15 PM
That had nothing to do with it. They simply didn't have the time to design more cities for ACB and ACR. Just look at ACIII. It's going to have MP and it has at least 5 cities and The Frontier.

But 3 of the cities are in the frontier, but yeah it has nothing to do with it, because they are taking there time with AC III.

pacmanate
03-21-2012, 08:02 PM
But 3 of the cities are in the frontier, but yeah it has nothing to do with it, because they are taking there time with AC III.

3 cities in the frontier = small cities OR the frontier is not actually 1.5 times the size of Rome. When i read that the Frontier was 1.5 times the size of Rome I thought that meant wilderness