PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else feel bad killing ottomans?

Dejan507
03-20-2012, 09:13 PM
I mean, what story made me believe is they weren't our enemies. So every time I had to dispatch one guard of the roof or fight of the guards I'd rather run away. In the end I haven't even been in combat at all in ACR expect main memories. In Brotherhood I had no trouble killing Borgias since the story made me dislike them..
And besides, Ottomans don't even have red dots on the map but rather orange, the color of the neutral..

rileypoole1234
03-20-2012, 09:23 PM
Not really. They were jerks pushing me off roofs, so I pushed my blade into their face
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/if-you-know-what-i-mean.png

kriegerdesgottes
03-20-2012, 09:30 PM
Nope. Not even for a second. I actually felt worse killing Florentine guards.

LightRey
03-20-2012, 09:32 PM
A little, but not more so than for regular guards in the other games. I generally tried knocking out Ottoman guards instead of killing them.

frogger504
03-20-2012, 09:39 PM
Actually yes, a lot. Most of the time I do just that. If I can't afford to run away for whatever reason, I punch them out. Sometimes my punchouts cause me to throw them off the roof and I actually feel bad for them, on the rare occasion that they live I actually feel happy. In regular combat I always disarm them then punch them out of combo a Counter Steal with a punchout. That or I Counter Grab. I really don't like killing them, I go out of my way to not do it.

reddragonhrcro
03-20-2012, 09:47 PM
Not quite,they used to do terrible things to my nation back in that times(kiddnap our kids to teach them as soldiers to use against us for example)

Tetsou88
03-20-2012, 10:05 PM
I felt bad for them at first, and then I slaughtered a bunch to complete challenges. After that I kind of lost my caring for them.

mustangmaniak20
03-20-2012, 10:14 PM
Felt quite satisfying actually. But I suspect it was expected given that I`m Bulgarian.

JCearlyyears
03-20-2012, 10:24 PM
Oh wow. haha, I actually try to kill them in one of the most funny was possible; hook-throwing them to their death off of the building.

Edit: why do you feel bad about killing AI? I'm a pacifist, but when it comes to video games, I'm pretty messed up.

Calvarok
03-21-2012, 12:04 AM
On my first playthrough I tend to roleplay a certain amount, so I generally took them out with unarmed combat. But after that, all bets are off. Same with the non-borgia guards in previous games.

LightRey
03-21-2012, 12:09 AM
Oh wow. haha, I actually try to kill them in one of the most funny was possible; hook-throwing them to their death off of the building.

Edit: why do you feel bad about killing AI? I'm a pacifist, but when it comes to video games, I'm pretty messed up.

We've all played The Sims...

JCearlyyears
03-21-2012, 01:29 AM
We've all played The Sims...

You're funny... although I have played the sims, I play assassins creed and gears of war.

Dejan507
03-21-2012, 06:47 AM
Not quite,they used to do terrible things to my nation back in that times(kiddnap our kids to teach them as soldiers to use against us for example)

They did awful things to my nation aswell, taken they were our archenemies (still to some people who can't let go of the past) we were occupied by them and learned to hate them, and thanks to assassins creed, I do not hate them because it's all in the past where it should be.

oliacr
03-21-2012, 10:04 PM
No, but the best was killing the Borgia. I think the best will be the redcoats :D

AnthonyA85
03-21-2012, 10:15 PM
I didn't feel bad for killing the Ottomans, after i got rid of all the Templar zones, the Ottomans were all I had left to practice on. :p

As for AC3, i'm probalby gonna enjoy killing Colonists more than redcoats, afterall, it won't be the brits who roast Connor's village, will it.

FilipinoNinja67
03-21-2012, 10:19 PM
I didnt feel bad when i extendo neck stabbed poor begging women just asking for one coin in *** Creed 1. Plus the danged ottomens always shot at me right as i was about to arial extendo blade neck stab other random ottomans. :/

Dieinthedark
03-21-2012, 10:21 PM
Nope, they just died easier...

JumpInTheFire13
03-21-2012, 11:06 PM
Not as bad as I felt killing Lorenzo's guards in Florence after you get rid of the Pazzi.