PDA

View Full Version : Game informer Q&A! they'll take your questions to Ubisoft!

freddie_1897
03-20-2012, 04:52 PM
take a look for yourself, sorry if already posted http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/03/19/have-an-assassin-39-s-creed-iii-question-ask-away.aspx

i have a GI account, so if you have any questions post them here and ill put them on the GI article
my profile name on GI is Stagnant94 BTW,

please be aware that i can't post all of the time, and i won't post ones that are stupid or obvious, i do go to sleep and i have got school.
Ubisoft will not answer anything too detailed about the plot and they will not answer ANYTHING about multiplayer.

notafanboy
03-20-2012, 05:05 PM
i canŽt be bothered but could someone here take my question ?,i was wondering if weŽll be able aim our bow... or if they got rid of the lock-on system entirely

Gaja2011
03-20-2012, 05:15 PM
I think it would be good to make a thread for questions, make a list of them and then ask Ubisoft (all in one) :)

freddie_1897
03-20-2012, 05:47 PM
tell you what, ill get a GI account, and ill ask them all the questions you put on here

EDIT: Done! ask me your questions!

tarrero
03-20-2012, 05:58 PM
Have a good question, I guess xD

Do the weather and seasons change cyclically during freeroaming, like day and night ,or just on secuences?

Assassin_M
03-20-2012, 06:20 PM
I got a couple..
Will there be legit Random encounters this time ?
Will New York and Boston expand over time ?

GeneralTrumbo
03-20-2012, 06:28 PM
Some ask thhis question for me. How much action will Desmond get this time around? Will he get more gameplay than last installments?

De Filosoof
03-20-2012, 06:29 PM
Does the new engine mean there will finally be good animations for walking up and down the stairs?
because that really started to bother me in ACR.
It didn't make any sense. When you're climbing a building the animations looked awesome but walking up a stairs looked aweful, Ezio just walked on air.

Gaja2011
03-20-2012, 06:30 PM
Will we be able to get the "old syrian sword" ? lol

De Filosoof
03-20-2012, 06:36 PM
Wiill the hidden tombs/templar lairs return?
if so, will they be optional again like AC2 and ACB with a story of their own?
And in what form will the glyph puzzles return without subject 16?

LintonMildone
03-20-2012, 07:33 PM
In the last Assassin's creed games, when you kill enemies their blood sprays only in the air and not end up anywhere but your body but that disappears though time. Will blood in Assassin's Creed 3 will finally appear on the ground,walls, bodys and yourself since it's a new game engine.

Sick_one12
03-20-2012, 07:47 PM
Since imo the most important questions have already been asked....i got a rather unimportant one:
Will Desmonds face look like his ACB face again only with updated graphics?(because if youre honest Desmonds ACRs face wasnt really updated it was nearly a complete different one)

pacmanate
03-20-2012, 08:35 PM
How big will boston and new york be compared to past AC cities

rileypoole1234
03-20-2012, 08:49 PM
Will there still be many missions in the cities? The cities are probably what I'm most excited to walk around in.

JCearlyyears
03-20-2012, 09:09 PM
Game time for both Connor and Desmond
What exactly are the controls?
Are the clothes physics improved? (and physics in general)
did they redo the old animations from the other games, or they completely discard them?
are there facial expressions on people when they fight and die?( I think it'd be hard to keep a straight face when dying)
will we see more crowd diversity( more kids, old people, muscular people, fat people, short people, tall people, people of different ethnicity, etc.)

EDIT: Thank you stagnant94!

freddie_1897
03-20-2012, 09:13 PM
Will there still be many missions in the cities? The cities are probably what I'm most excited to walk around in.
i would imagine, that because they said that 1/3 of the missions are in the frontier, that 1/3 will be in Boston and New york as well, but ill ask anyway!

AVVSOM3
03-20-2012, 09:23 PM
One question from me then, will Desmond and Connor run and walk like ezio or altair or will they have different animations now?

Phenom13117
03-20-2012, 11:44 PM
One question from me then, will Desmond and Connor run and walk like ezio or altair or will they have different animations now?

It has already been confirmed that no animations from Ezio or Altair will transfer to Connor. It will be all new, it was confirmed in the GI reveal article. They have not said much for Desmond yet but I assume that it either applies to him too or they will heavily tweak and improve it.

pirate1802
03-21-2012, 12:31 PM
I got a couple..
Will there be legit Random encounters this time ?
Will New York and Boston expand over time ?

This basically.

eagleforlife1
03-21-2012, 12:34 PM
Could you explain the Chain Dart a bit further please?

goclo822
03-21-2012, 03:15 PM
Some ask thhis question for me. How much action will Desmond get this time around? Will he get more gameplay than last installments?

Will Desmonds face look like his ACB face again only with updated graphics?(because if youre honest Desmonds ACRs face wasnt really updated it was nearly a complete different one)

Game time for both Connor and Desmond
will we see more crowd diversity( more kids, old people, muscular people, fat people, short people, tall people, people of different ethnicity, etc.)

I second these questions.

Also will the double hidden blades return?

Thanks stagnant94 for doing this btw.

GeneralTrumbo
03-21-2012, 03:17 PM
How big will boston and new york be compared to past AC cities
Boston and New York has been said to be on par with some cities from AC2.

GeneralTrumbo
03-21-2012, 03:23 PM
Since imo the most important questions have already been asked....i got a rather unimportant one:
Actually, it was the same with updated graphics. It was just the lighting of the game that was the problem. In the last cinematic, when you look at his face it just looks improved. That is what I was thinking it will be like.

Well, I think most of the content will be in the frontier.

notafanboy
03-21-2012, 04:11 PM
Actually, it was the same with updated graphics. It was just the lighting of the game that was the problem. In the last cinematic, when you look at his face it just looks improved. That is what I was thinking it will be like.

Well, I think most of the content will be in the frontier.
a third of the missions will be in the frontier

Calvarok
03-21-2012, 04:14 PM
I always thought Desmond's face from AC2-Brotherhood looked a bit unnatural. Like, I can't imagine someone in real life looking like that. I like the new one.

freddie_1897
03-21-2012, 04:40 PM
ill link the podcast here of them answering your questions, they said they'll take them to ubi later in the month, but i don't know when that'll be

AnthonyA85
03-21-2012, 05:35 PM
I have a few questions that i don't think has been asked yet.

Will we be using Poisoned Darts again? (i loved using them in ACB and ACR, infact, i used Poison darts more than the crossbow), and if we do, will be be using blowpipes to shoot them? (they're still used for hunting purposes around the world today by some native tribes)

Also, when playing as Desmond, will we get to settle our unfinished Business with Vidic?

How is the Brotherhood system going to work now? With Tower Defense not returning (thankfully), how is Templar controlled territory handled now? will we still have to fight to keep areas under assassin control? (and actually fight on the ground this time) The system they hand in ACR was good, it's just that they didn't implement it right IMO.

And lastly (for now), will we be able to incite conflict between British and Colonial troops? like we could in ACR?

TorQue1988
03-21-2012, 05:35 PM
-Will Philadelphia be featured in the game at all?
-Will the game have all 4 seasons, or just Summer and Winter?
-Will the weather be dynamic?
-How many species of animals are in the game?
-Will shop quests return, or something similar?
-Can we still use poison, the poison blade, poison darts? How about bombs?
-Can we choose between bow and crossbow?
-Can we still throw money? :))

freddie_1897
03-21-2012, 06:30 PM
i was just wondering if anyone knew what currency they used back then?

ToniTorsi
03-21-2012, 07:00 PM
I CAN'T BELIEVE NO ONE HAS ASKED ABOUT STEALTH -_-

How will Stealth be implemented in ACIII? Can we crouch silently through landscapes to hunt our preys? Can the mechanics be explained?

Also, will we be able to seamlessly shoot arrows from our horses on 3rd Person View to FREELY AIM? Will 3rd Person View feature be available?

What about the weapons? Will weapons degrade over time? Will we be able to finally make the Lance/Spear a primary weapon?

egriffin09
03-21-2012, 07:19 PM
I sometimes hate these podcast that GI does on games, because Is it me, or do they always pick the most dumb questions to ask to developers?? I bet for AC3 the questions will be:Will we get to play as Connor when he is a child? Duh. Will connor have a hookblade?Duh. Will we get to ride horses? Duh. Will there be more weather other than snow in the game? Duh. Will we get to climb trees?Duh. Wll we play as Desmond?Duh. And so on and so on. Basically it will be questions that have been answered in articles or that has already be revealed by the devs of AC3. All people have to do is read and do a little research. Please leave the question asking to the people who will ask really good, unconfirmed question about some part/aspect of the game. That is all.

freddie_1897
03-21-2012, 07:50 PM
might as well hope

the amount of stuff I've posted on there they have to answer at least one of them

egriffin09
03-22-2012, 04:17 PM
I know 100% sync is returning in AC3 with checkpoints. Will there possibly be an option to turn 100% sync off in the options menu or something?

freddie_1897
03-22-2012, 05:03 PM
I know 100% sync is returning in AC3 with checkpoints. Will there possibly be an option to turn 100% sync off in the options menu or something?
i altered your question a bit to ...

"will there be an option to change difficulties, e.g-apprentice, master, mentor?and if you choose the option apprentice then you wouldn't have 100% synch, if you chose master then you have both 100% synch and 50% synch, and if you chose mentor then you HAD to get 100% synch or you'll fail the mission."

if you don't like it please say and ill change it back

GeneralTrumbo
03-22-2012, 05:28 PM
That wouldn't make sense...100% synch rewards you for going the extra way and taking the challenge. They aren't going to let you just 'turn it off'.

Animuses
03-22-2012, 05:44 PM
That wouldn't make sense...100% synch rewards you for going the extra way and taking the challenge. They aren't going to let you just 'turn it off'.How doesn't that make sense? There are people who like it, and there are people who dislike it. If there was a "on/off" option for it, both sides will be pleased.

GeneralTrumbo
03-22-2012, 05:49 PM
How doesn't that make sense? There are people who like it, and there are people who dislike it. If there was a "on/off" option for it, both sides will be pleased.
The thing is, it has checkpoints in it. To just "turn it off" and give everyone else the rewards of it for not even taking the challenge isn't fair to us who did.

AaronOliver2012
03-22-2012, 05:50 PM
That's an interesting question! I'd like to know if we'll have a consistent currency as I think at least at the start of the Revolution - the cities would have used Spanish silver and non-decimalized British currency (such as shillings) as well as notes, but I think all over the most common currency was tobacco.

Animuses
03-22-2012, 05:56 PM
The thing is, it has checkpoints in it. To just "turn it off" and give everyone else the rewards of it for not even taking the challenge isn't fair to us who did. Not having that option would be unfair to the people who dislike it. Also, the people who turn it off can simply not get these "rewards"... even though there hasn't ever been any, unless you would consider another Desmond skin a reward.

egriffin09
03-22-2012, 06:00 PM
The thing is, it has checkpoints in it. To just "turn it off" and give everyone else the rewards of it for not even taking the challenge isn't fair to us who did.

I respect your opinion. I'm just saying it would be nice if we could turn it off. But, For the players that turn it off, those players won't get the 100% sync achievement like the players who put in the extra effort and play through the game 100% sync on all the missions. I just hate that box that pops up in the middle of a missions that says "you fail-50% sync."

Poodle_of_Doom
03-22-2012, 06:02 PM
My only question is in regards to the hidden blade. There is a lot of discussion happening here on the forums. I'd like an official respons regarding the hidden blade, and wether it will exist as we've seen it before, if it will be different in some way, or if it will be replaced by something else.

EDIT: W.T.F Is up with the forums.... why can't I edit my font color to be the standard white so people can read it?

GeneralTrumbo
03-22-2012, 06:15 PM
I respect your opinion. I'm just saying it would be nice if we could turn it off. But, For the players that turn it off, those players won't get the 100% sync achievement like the players who put in the extra effort and play through the game 100% sync on all the missions. I just hate that box that pops up in the middle of a missions that says "you fail-50% sync."
Then that sounds fine to me.

LightRey
03-22-2012, 06:16 PM
Then that sounds fine to me.
I just want the 100% synch to be a little more interesting and less influencing on how you complete the memory. I'd like things like killing an extra target or something instead of time or method limitations.

egriffin09
03-22-2012, 07:26 PM
I just want the 100% synch to be a little more interesting and less influencing on how you complete the memory. I'd like things like killing an extra target or something instead of time or method limitations.

That too. Why would they put a time limit on hidden tombs, when the point of those are to look at the scenery and scale of the tomb. It's like ubisoft is saying "Go as fast as you can, don't stop to look around and enjoy the tomb, just run really, really fast." If they are more creative with the restrictions, like you said, then I guess if wont be that bad. But everytime I read the 100% sync mission requirement, I always feel the need to do the mission a certain way, instead of the game letting me create my own way to go about the mission, like in AC 2.

Animuses
03-22-2012, 07:31 PM
But everytime I read the 100% sync mission requirement, I always feel the need to do the mission a certain way, instead of the game letting me create my own way to go about the mission, like in AC 2.
That's exactly how I feel.