PDA

View Full Version : Reviving a lost thought.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-20-2012, 04:33 AM
I don't know how many of you will remember this thread, but it was a bit of a rage infested thread at that. I know LightRey was in on it, so he may vaugely remember. None the less, after ACR came out, and quite a few people had finished it, there was one individual who came outright and threatened to sue Ubisoft for false advertising, because they didn't like the features of the game, and claimed it didn't contain enough Revelations. Fast forward from about 3-4 months ago until now, and I stumble across this wonderful peace of literature, which just happened to make me think about the aforementioned thread:

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/outrage-over-mass-effect-3-ending-reaches-ftc-173411384.html

Calvarok
03-20-2012, 04:44 AM
Well to be fair Revelation's ending wasn't ending the series. Series-enders get a billion times more hate. Just you wait.

FilipinoNinja67
03-20-2012, 04:45 AM
Really? Honestly i would understand the rage but to be that upset about something so dumb. Why not look at a game this way, Did you enjoy it? And not Did you enjoy the last two minute cutscene? Revelations i agree did not really reveal diddly squat and it was definitly worse than *** creed 2 and B but its not worth the time or effort to try and do something that extreme.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-20-2012, 05:05 AM
Well... it's along the same lines as the original thread,... and the complaint in the article is the fact that there's a bit of a misleading message in the advertisments leading to the games release. This was the same complaint the user commented on here on these forums.

Calvarok
03-20-2012, 10:53 AM
It's not really the same issue at all. Revelations gave us what they said it would give us: some revelations. People were expecting more from those, which is where complaints came from. With ME, people were expecting that their personal Shepard's story would affect the details of the ending, and instead they got an ending that is pretty much the same three variations of one cutscene, and some small changes if you have high enough galactic preparedness level or whatever. There is no real explanation or indication of the fate of the supporting characters other than that they all appear at a place where they cannonically should not be.

That being said, it's not a terrible ending. Just not quite what most people expected based on previous games.

frigabond
03-20-2012, 11:18 AM
I'm always spending my time,xp and money in game on the ONE character that's guarranteed to throw himself on a grenade. Taking my best stuff with him just before the boss shows up!!

D. a.m. ded programmers!! :)

Poodle_of_Doom
03-20-2012, 03:14 PM
It's not really the same issue at all. Revelations gave us what they said it would give us: some revelations. People were expecting more from those, which is where complaints came from.

And that's the thing isn't it? It's all based on a persons perception. Most of which was formed pregame, based off of advertisements.