PDA

View Full Version : Game Lag

Kennyzala2012
03-20-2012, 04:23 AM
So I installed this game yesterday, and it was very laggy.
This is my system information:
Memory: 3GB RAM
Processor: Intel Core 2Duo @2.20GHz (2 CPUs)
DirectX: DirectX11
NVIDIA GeForce G 105M

I've set my NVIDIA control panel to performance and unabled 3D.
I've also set my ingame graphics to 1, and unabled vsynch.
The game runs, but very laggy.
Could it be my system or the mouse? (My friend said it could be the mouse).

Please help and thanks :)

TheLeoCrow
03-20-2012, 11:56 AM
The problem is your CPU, it's bellow the minimum requirements. Try lowering the resolution, shaddows and quality.

Kennyzala2012
03-21-2012, 04:36 PM
I've set the graphics, shadows and qualities to the minimum. I've also tried running it on Windows XP version. Still lagging.
If it's my computer, which one is below the requirements? Graphic card, etc? And is there anyway to upgrade or fix it?
Thanks in advance :)

oliacr
03-21-2012, 04:54 PM
I think you need to upgrade your PC - Processor...

YazX_
03-22-2012, 12:59 AM
no its not your PC, your system specs are more than enough to run this game, this game is built on DX 9 and your vid card can run DX 10 games. and speaking on CPU, your CPU is outdated but still can run most of games and apps. but i suspect that your vid card is not supported NOT its weak to run this game. so lets try to fix the problem first.

i need some info to tell you whats the problem:

1. Are any others games lag?
2. Do you have any running process in background which eats up CPU, Memory?
3. Do you see your HardDisk grinding all the time when it lags?
4. whats the resolution you are playing on?

Here are the min requirements for your reference:

OS: Windows® XP SP3 / Windows Vista® SP2 /Windows® 7 SP1

Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo E4400 @ 2.0 GHz or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 4000+ @ 2.1GHz
Memory: 1.5 GB Windows® XP / 2 GB Windows Vista, 7
Graphics: 256 MB DirectX® 9.0–compliant card with Shader Model 4.0 or higher (see supported list)*
DirectX®: DirectX® June2010 or newer
Hard Drive: 12 GB
Sound: DirectX 9.0–compliant sound card
Peripherals: Keyboard, mouse, optional controller
Here are the supported vid card:

Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
AMD Radeon™ HD2600XT or better/3000/4000/5000/6000 desktop series
NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600GTS or better/9/GT200/GT400/GT500 desktop series
Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT officially supported. These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game. For the most up-to-date minimum requirement listings, please visit the FAQ for this game on our support website at http://support.ubi.com.

Anykeyer
03-22-2012, 06:56 AM
Geforce 105M is not a gaming video card, its much worse then even minimum supported 8600GTS counting just 8 stream processors vs 32.
And Core 2 Duo is outdated. Since AC2 this game engine really loves Intel's i3/5/7 series. Unlike most games changing even Core 2 Quad to i5 can produce twice the difference in AC2/B/R given you have a powerfull GPU.

Anykeyer
03-23-2012, 01:48 PM
Stop giving him false info.
DX support level have nothing to do with performance. His specs are not even close to minimum.

Mr_Shade
03-23-2012, 02:25 PM
Indeed.. The problem is the graphics card and the CPU (most likely)

The GeForce 105m is a laptop card, so I'm assuming youre using a laptop?

laptop versions of cards are not supported, due to them being less capable than a dedicated stand alone card in a desktop.

You may be able to get the game running, at low details, but like I said, it's not a certainy.

The minimum spec is for desktop - since laptop cards are not recommended or supported.

Kennyzala2012
03-24-2012, 07:14 AM
no its not your PC, your system specs are more than enough to run this game, this game is built on DX 9 and your vid card can run DX 10 games. and speaking on CPU, your CPU is outdated but still can run most of games and apps. but i suspect that your vid card is not supported NOT its weak to run this game. so lets try to fix the problem first.

i need some info to tell you whats the problem:

1. Are any others games lag?
2. Do you have any running process in background which eats up CPU, Memory?
3. Do you see your HardDisk grinding all the time when it lags?
4. whats the resolution you are playing on?
1. Nope, only this one. I played MW3 and it runs normally.
2. Only Fraps.
3. Nope
4.1366x768, 59hz

Geforce 105M is not a gaming video card, its much worse then even minimum supported 8600GTS counting just 8 stream processors vs 32.
And Core 2 Duo is outdated. Since AC2 this game engine really loves Intel's i3/5/7 series. Unlike most games changing even Core 2 Quad to i5 can produce twice the difference in AC2/B/R given you have a powerfull GPU.
Okay, thanks then. Is there any website where I can check which video card is better than which?

Indeed.. The problem is the graphics card and the CPU (most likely)

The GeForce 105m is a laptop card, so I'm assuming youre using a laptop?

laptop versions of cards are not supported, due to them being less capable than a dedicated stand alone card in a desktop.

You may be able to get the game running, at low details, but like I said, it's not a certainy.

The minimum spec is for desktop - since laptop cards are not recommended or supported.
Thankyou, and yes I'm using a laptop. But then again, MW3 runs normally with no lag.

Anykeyer
03-24-2012, 07:43 AM
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Comparison-of-Laptop-Graphics-Cards.130.0.html
http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-G-105M.13790.0.html

Kennyzala2012
03-24-2012, 07:58 AM
Thanks for the links :)

YazX_
03-24-2012, 01:04 PM
Stop giving him false info.
DX support level have nothing to do with performance. His specs are not even close to minimum.

What are you talking about!!?!?!?

its not his PC, its the game itself that doesnt support his vid card, all games should run smooth on his laptop, and i stated that clearly in my post, so its the game itself!!!

And i have never said that Dx support level has to do with performance!!! dont put words on my mouth, what i said is his vid card can support DX10 games which needs more processing power and support for new features that arent available in DX 9 which leads us that it can run DX9 games smoothly!!!

now the level of settings which you are talking about is a different story and i have never gone to that aspect!!!!

And for Geforce 105M, dont lsn to him, this card supports gaming , you can look it up at nvidia website which clearly states that this vid card is powering laptops to play latest games, now the level of details and settings varies and ofcourse you will not get the level of Desktop PC details.

And finally, if you wanna play this game, lower the resolution as its most probably will fix your problem, try 1024 x 768.

Anykeyer
03-24-2012, 01:44 PM
Arguing with you is pointless.
GF 105 is much weaker than minimum spec desktop GF 8600 or Radeon HD2600. Period.
You again trying to tell that any DX10 GPU is bound to run all DX9 games at good framerates. This is NOT true.
There are older GPUs that can only support DX9 but provide several times more power then this. DX10 by itself does not require more power, it is a feature set aimed to allow developers to do a few things faster while also introducing a few new things. In fact modern DX9 games tend to be more hungry then first DX10 games.

b0bgh0sh
03-26-2012, 03:12 PM
just go this website...
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/download.aspx?name=Assassin's-Creed:-Revelations&id=11229