PDA

View Full Version : new interview (if already posted i apologize)

DavisP92
03-20-2012, 04:07 AM
http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/893633-assassins-creed-iii-interview-fighting-the-revolution

Calvarok
03-20-2012, 04:28 AM
I am excited for the new movement system. I definitely get that feeling of "boxiness" after playing with the same one for four games.

Josegtx13
03-20-2012, 04:33 AM
I haven't read that interview before.

Thanks.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-20-2012, 04:35 AM
I liked the fact that the HIDDEN BLADE IS INFACT CONFIRMED.... Noobs...

Josegtx13
03-20-2012, 04:38 AM
I liked the fact that the HIDDEN BLADE IS INFACT CONFIRMED.... Noobs...

I have tried, to tell that to all the naysayers, but they wouldn't believe me.

DavisP92
03-20-2012, 04:41 AM
lol poodle_of_doom, i honestly don't understand why people still think there isn't a hidden blade. I mean it was mentioned in the GI. but yea, what i want to see is the fights with the guards when they are lined up to fire, the interview says that you should hide but but what if they surround you (like in the GI, there is a picture that has Connor double fighting 3 guards i believe two right next to him and one about to shoot him in the back). And archery, that is the biggest thing to me in AC3

Poodle_of_Doom
03-20-2012, 05:07 AM
Yeah.... I couldn't believe all the people out there pissing and moaning about a dammed hidden blade... like it's not going to be there after all these years. What idiots. At that, I hope they use the six axis controllers for the arrows, kind of like they did in Heavenly sword. I always liked that.

Calvarok
03-20-2012, 05:15 AM
Also, that concept art at the top of the article is new, if I'm not mistaken. And awesome.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-20-2012, 05:26 AM
I do believe it is new. I like how the game, from the limited scenes we have seen, seem to provide a great deal of perspective that wasn't always offered in the previous games.

GeneralTrumbo
03-20-2012, 06:24 AM
I love this interview. I totally agree with this guy that the only reason there is so much dislike towards Desmond is because we didn't get enough gameplay as him. He pretty much hinted at there being more than an hour of gameplay as him. =) I can't wait!

frogger504
03-20-2012, 07:21 AM
GC: That's a very encouraging answer. But since you mention Conner's Native American ancestry, presumably you must touch on the ultimate fate of his people? And what about things like most of the Founding Fathers being slave owners? These are some delicate subjects, so what kind of depth are you going to go into from a social point of view?

FP: Again on that one, it's a good thing and a bad thing on our end. When you think of that period, especially with the Founding Fathers, we have records of their day-to-day agenda. For some reason we knew exactly where Ben Franklin was in 1772 on September 3rd. It's weird that we have that kind of accuracy but with everything we're trying to be accurate to the historical fact, and that includes the Native American and the African Americans of the time.

They were a part of history and that's one thing… we don't want to take a position on that. There's things that happen, as you say the outcome of the native community is well known. That being said that's the one thing that we've been extremely good with is to have an extremely respectful and very good relationship with the Native American community. We're working really hard to make historical facts true within the game, but to not judge.

Confirmed.

Legendz54
03-20-2012, 07:49 AM
Very encouraging interview, i am very happy with what i have heard!!!! when he said he can't talk more about Desmond that probably means that we will be able to play as him more hopefully.

morpheusPrime08
03-20-2012, 07:51 AM
Every british or European AC fan period should read this, it comfimes that we wont just be killing Red coats but revolutionaries also. I dont know why there was so much worry about fighting red coats, im not saying that american soldiers at the time were perfect, hell far from it -__-, but fighting brits shouldnt be a bad thing, they WERE the oposers in that era and just because the Patroit was a good, doesnt mean hollywood sugar coated it. lol Assassins creed III: last of the mohicans.

GeneralTrumbo
03-20-2012, 08:46 AM
Very encouraging interview, i am very happy with what i have heard!!!! when he said he can't talk more about Desmond that probably means that we will be able to play as him more hopefully.
I know right. All he said about Desmond kind of helped me not to worry too much. =) He seemed pretty confident that we would be happy with the amount of gameplay we get as him.

eagleforlife1
03-20-2012, 09:41 AM
Israel Putnam has been confirmed in the game then: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_Putnam

YuurHeen
03-20-2012, 09:58 AM
a dutch district :)
that wil be fun.

Kaiskune
03-20-2012, 10:26 AM
GC: I agree, it does look impressive from what I've seen, and very different to other games too. The other thing you touched on there though is the 'ra-ra-ra' aspect. What can you do to assure British fans that we're not going to have to endure every British soldier being portrayed as an evil satanic figure and every Patriot as a virtuous do-gooder? Because that's pretty much how Hollywood has always done it. But hopefully that's not what Assassin's Creed III is going to be like?

FP: No. So, the AC brand is known for two things, it's know for the battle between the Templars and the Assassins and it's known for being historically accurate. So these are two things that are good about AC and these are things you'll be experiencing in AC3 as well.

On the first one, on the Templars versus assassins. This is going to be the centrepiece of the story of Assassin's Creed III. The American Revolution will not be the centrepiece, it's a backdrop story. When you think of the American Revolution, we all know the outcome of it, that's something we cannot change.

That being said you'll be fighting Templars on both sides. There'll be Templars on the Patriots side and there will be Templars on the British side. It's not about winning or losing the American Revolution. It's not about that.

The second one, the historical tourist aspect. This is the one thing, it's the same thing with the natives. We cannot change the outcome, we will not rewrite history with AC3. We have this thing we call the Wikipeida 30 second rule. Which means basically you cannot prove us wrong within 30 seconds on Wikipeida with anything we have in the game. This is something that we do check, we do have historians working with us. We have someone full time with us, but we also have consultants who are working with the native community, with the same thing we have top historians from top universities that are working with us. So we're really, really proud of being historically accurate.

So within those two things the one thing we will not do is portray one group or the other as being the good ones or the bad ones. This is not going to happen. It's true when you think of AC2 the Borgias were portrayed more as the bad or evil group, this is not going to happen in AC3.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/893633-assassins-creed-iii-interview-fighting-the-revolution#ixzz1peCGH0u6

thats reassuring. if it turned into a Mel Gibson induced Britain basher I doubt it would have sold very well anywhere other than America

frigabond
03-20-2012, 10:41 AM
Thanks for posting. A good read and I'm liking this guy the more he speaks. He addresses things head on and that's great for clarity.

I still have niggles, but then after embers I'd convinced myself we'd be in china. I have to say it's sounding better by the interview so it's all good.

LightRey
03-20-2012, 11:46 AM
a dutch district :)
that wil be fun.
Indeed.

De Filosoof
03-20-2012, 01:30 PM
Wow, didn't see that one coming.
What a great interview!!:D
And it has been confirmed in this interview that there will be slaves.
Looking forward to a mission where we have to free a big group of slaves. Would be EPIC.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-20-2012, 03:11 PM
Well.. I for one am glad that all those people who were crying foul a week ago can shut the f up. We're killing everyone. It's settled.

LightRey
03-20-2012, 03:20 PM
Well.. I for one am glad that all those people who were crying foul a week ago can shut the f up. We're killing everyone. It's settled.
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/16673493.jpg

notafanboy
03-20-2012, 04:18 PM
awesome sauce interview .Ireally liked the new consept art too !

SixKeys
03-20-2012, 11:49 PM
Great interview, thanks for posting! I'm super excited about the things they said about crowd behavior in this game. People greeting you and doing specific things, not just wandering about aimlessly. And not only will we see animals but kids as well! That's a huge step up, IMO. Games in general tend to avoid including kids even though they make the world a lot more realistic.

They really need to release a sneak peek of a demo to the public soon, I'm really curious about the revamped fighting system and moving on uneven terrain.

DavisP92
03-21-2012, 12:21 AM
Great interview, thanks for posting! I'm super excited about the things they said about crowd behavior in this game. People greeting you and doing specific things, not just wandering about aimlessly. And not only will we see animals but kids as well! That's a huge step up, IMO. Games in general tend to avoid including kids even though they make the world a lot more realistic.

They really need to release a sneak peek of a demo to the public soon, I'm really curious about the revamped fighting system and moving on uneven terrain.

haha no problem, i happy to post new AC information for people to see. Yea i like how the npcs are going to be more realistic, and how there did away with the this guy standing here gives you a mission but rather a guy walks up to you asking for help or something. I really want to see how the bow and arrow gameplay works, and i remember hearing something about the embargo ending this week or the next. so we might get a demo or something

Calvarok
03-21-2012, 01:40 AM
That mission that takes place during a battle sounds interesting too. Sounds like they have two demos ready!

De Filosoof
03-21-2012, 02:01 AM
This game really sounds like it will be next gen on current gen.
I don't see how this could fit on one dvd.

Calvarok
03-21-2012, 02:35 AM
If you optimize your engine properly, it shouldn't take up a ridiculous amount of space.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-21-2012, 03:04 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/16673493.jpg

That's right. Red Coats, Yankees, and maybe a few others.

GeneralTrumbo
03-21-2012, 03:10 AM
=)) I can NOT wait to hear all the details about what is going on with Desmond! I also can't wait to hear a lot more about EVERYTHING ELSE. And it is sounding sooo much like we are going to be getting much more than 1 hour of gameplay as Desmond!

LightRey
03-21-2012, 12:04 PM
=)) I can NOT wait to hear all the details about what is going on with Desmond! I also can't wait to hear a lot more about EVERYTHING ELSE. And it is sounding sooo much like we are going to be getting much more than 1 hour of gameplay as Desmond!
I really doubt they're going to release anything about it. The Desmond stuff is the most mindblowing and spoilerish stuff that'll be in the game. There's likely very little they could show off and I think it's also something they want to surprise the player with.

GeneralTrumbo
03-21-2012, 12:24 PM
I really doubt they're going to release anything about it. The Desmond stuff is the most mindblowing and spoilerish stuff that'll be in the game. There's likely very little they could show off and I think it's also something they want to surprise the player with.
I'm sure they will let us know minor things, though. And maybe a trailer. Like, they may tell us we will get more action as him and all that. The way it sounded, they would tell some stuff eventually.

LightRey
03-21-2012, 12:26 PM
I'm sure they will let us know minor things, though. And maybe a trailer. Like, they may tell us we will get more action as him and all that. The way it sounded, they would tell some stuff eventually.
Well maybe we'll get some trailers similar to what we got to see for ACR, but that wasn't much and it gave us way more questions than answers.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-21-2012, 03:21 PM
Please, don't give us another trailer for ACR. ACR was to short for an entire segment like that to be revealed.

GeneralTrumbo
03-21-2012, 03:32 PM
Well maybe we'll get some trailers similar to what we got to see for ACR, but that wasn't much and it gave us way more questions than answers.
I hope for more...at least a little more details than before...

Please, don't give us another trailer for ACR. ACR was to short for an entire segment like that to be revealed.
But, AC3 WON'T be that short, at least it better not be...

Calvarok
03-21-2012, 03:51 PM

so what you're asking for is not another trailer that is actually part of the game, yes?

ToniTorsi
03-21-2012, 04:10 PM
What happened to the link??

I can't access the page where the interview is -_____-

smengler
03-21-2012, 09:00 PM
The interview has been taken down. There is no cache on google or bing, so does anyone have a copy?

notafanboy
03-21-2012, 09:46 PM
The interview has been taken down. There is no cache on google or bing, so does anyone have a copy?

nope, i did save the consept art on my computer though

AnthonyA85
03-21-2012, 10:09 PM
I hope for more...at least a little more details than before...

If Connor's story is 30 years long, then it won't be as short as Revelations' story was, it will be equal to, or just over, the length of AC2, which was about 23 years long (1476-1499), so we'll be easily looking at 12+ sequences.

So you're right, it won't be short.

smengler
03-21-2012, 11:27 PM
nope, i did save the consept art on my computer though

If you have a chance, could you post the new concept art here? That was what I was looking for when I tried visiting the site last time.

Calvarok
03-21-2012, 11:31 PM
If Connor's story is 30 years long, then it won't be as short as Revelations' story was, it will be equal to, or just over, the length of AC2, which was about 23 years long (1476-1499), so we'll be easily looking at 12+ sequences.

So you're right, it won't be short.

Basically it's as long as Ac2+Brotherhood.

notafanboy
03-21-2012, 11:46 PM
If you have a chance, could you post the new concept art here? That was what I was looking for when I tried visiting the site last time.

sure, just wait a minute

-EDIT- http://i42.tinypic.com/nfpc7t.jpg

Poodle_of_Doom
03-21-2012, 11:58 PM

Pretty much.

DavisP92
03-22-2012, 01:13 AM
- the narrative scope of assassins creed 3 is 20% larger than AC2

eagleforlife1
03-24-2012, 08:39 AM
Here's another new interview, really informative:

http://www.gameone.de/playtube/gdc-2012-behind-the-game-interview-assassin-s-creed-iii/631371

And a new game Informer update:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/03/23/the-evolution-of-the-templar-order.aspx

Is it possible to make this thread sticky and to put all links in this one?

AnthonyA85
03-24-2012, 05:48 PM
That GDC vid was very informative, i like how they addressed the issue of scalping, though i'm not surprised Bombs won't be coming back, though they didn't make any mention of the brotherhood system in any way.

I'm also happy the building renovation/rebuilding cities thing is gone, it was fun in ACB, but in ACR it was just a chore.

I'm just reading the Templar article now :p