PDA

View Full Version : new article on gi website

edzilla_551
03-19-2012, 11:22 PM
talking about the frontier, http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/03/19/exploring-the-assassin-39-s-creed-iii-frontier.aspx

pacmanate
03-19-2012, 11:24 PM
Hey wow, thanks for posting! I just checked an hour ago and it wasnt there :P

Edit, anyone else have to always refresh the gameinformer pages twice to see anything haha

notafanboy
03-19-2012, 11:46 PM
awesomesauce, thanks Edz

edzilla_551
03-19-2012, 11:53 PM
no problem man, i just thought it was an intresting article, it had some info that wasnt in the cover story

Rycay
03-19-2012, 11:56 PM
Wow, thanks for posting this up. I'm really looking forward to exploring the Frontier and hunting down some animals. Hunting elk is my favorite past-time in RDR. Can't wait to check out the horses either.

De Filosoof
03-20-2012, 12:09 AM
It all sounds amazing! I cant wait to see some treerunning gameplay.

Assassin_M
03-20-2012, 12:13 AM
I dont think its possible for me to get any more excited than I already am....... OR IS IT ?????

October....... WHY U NO COME IN MARCH ???!!!!

SleezeRocker
03-20-2012, 12:14 AM
Very interesting read ;)

SixKeys
03-20-2012, 12:18 AM
Thanks for the link. I was hoping for some more info we didn't already know, to be honest. More specifics on what kind of things you can do in the wilderness except hunting and climbing. I hope they'll be sharing more on that soon because I still can't get terribly hyped about wandering around forests for hours.

At least they mentioned several villages that are situated in the Frontier. I was beginning to worry we would only have three total locations in this game.

AnthonyA85
03-20-2012, 12:58 AM
Interesting to see how they've improved the horses, and given them proper basic AI, I wonder if they'll be any waterfalls we can admire. :)

And I'm guessing those large trees the article mentioned on page one is the Frontier's answer to Viewpoint towers, though i did see a pic somewhere of Conner leaping off a viewpoint that was on a cliff.

And it's nice to know that snow will ad some travel difficulty during winter months, i hope we'll be able to lure enemies onto a frozen lake, only only to have their combined weight break the ice :p, I'm also glad to know that hunting animals won't be as simple as Find>Target>Kill, it's good that we'll actually have to put effort into it.

rileypoole1234
03-20-2012, 01:05 AM
Oi this looks amazing. I don't think I can get more excited.

Phenom2321
03-20-2012, 01:16 AM
Saw that earlier. Thanks for posting.

It gets me really excited

beatledude210
03-20-2012, 01:19 AM
I'm still praying for Philadelphia, but if it isn't in it, oh well. The game looks great either way.

Josegtx13
03-20-2012, 01:22 AM
Thanks for the article.

But what I want to know is how will the season be when you pass the game?

Do they just change in like a week span in real life gameplay, or do you get to choose the seasons?

kalo.yanis
03-20-2012, 01:40 AM
I think they'll change based on the sequence. Like how they were during the events of the memories.

Josegtx13
03-20-2012, 01:47 AM
I think they'll change based on the sequence. Like how they were during the events of the memories.

I'm sure about that too, but what about when you pass the game?

cless711
03-20-2012, 01:49 AM
So the Frontier is pretty much gonna be acting like the Kingdom in AC1? With a lot more things to do of course.

Hmm.. Sounds interesting indeed.

Vex_Assassin
03-20-2012, 01:52 AM
I'm very excited for AC3! The Frontier looks like it's gonna be awesome

smengler
03-20-2012, 02:20 AM
Interesting to see how they've improved the horses, and given them proper basic AI, I wonder if they'll be any waterfalls we can admire. :)

And I'm guessing those large trees the article mentioned on page one is the Frontier's answer to Viewpoint towers, though i did see a pic somewhere of Conner leaping off a viewpoint that was on a cliff.

And it's nice to know that snow will ad some travel difficulty during winter months, i hope we'll be able to lure enemies onto a frozen lake, only only to have their combined weight break the ice :p, I'm also glad to know that hunting animals won't be as simple as Find>Target>Kill, it's good that we'll actually have to put effort into it.

I'm pretty sure there is a waterfall on the Mohawk river, so hopefully it is in this game as well.

tarrero
03-20-2012, 02:20 AM
I'm sure about that too, but what about when you pass the game?
I was wondering that too, they said seasons will change during freeroaming, or that is at least what I understood

I'm still praying for Philadelphia, but if it isn't in it, oh well. The game looks great either way.

I think Philadelphia will be like AC2 Rome.

Josegtx13
03-20-2012, 04:19 AM
I was wondering that too, they said seasons will change during freeroaming, or that is at least what I understood

That is a possibility.

I hope they announce it soon though.

Calvarok
03-20-2012, 05:14 AM
The last three games have put you permanently on the final sequence when you finish the game, unless you're replaying a mission. so I hope that we get some sort of cycle for that.

Zebroneath
03-20-2012, 05:27 AM
The only thing I hope for is that the scenery while moving around the Frontier will not become to repetitive, even with the changing seasons. I want to feel that I did not pass that seem tree I saw ten feet back.

GLHS
03-20-2012, 09:37 AM
Omg this game is gonna take me forever to get through. I know right now, I'll be spending hours just hunting. Too. Much. Excitement!

LightRey
03-20-2012, 12:05 PM
Not in so many words. It could very well just be the case that the seasons will simply change with each sequence.

Calvarok
03-20-2012, 01:09 PM
They haven't been at all specific of how the change happens, only that there will be change. I think it would be best if during free-roam you could just choose the season from the DNA menu. As a reward for beating the game, I guess.

LightRey
03-20-2012, 01:11 PM
They haven't been at all specific of how the change happens, only that there will be change. I think it would be best if during free-roam you could just choose the season from the DNA menu. As a reward for beating the game, I guess.
I think that'd be ideal, since seasons changing in real time would just be weird.

De Filosoof
03-20-2012, 01:43 PM
Yeah, would be cool if they put it in the storyline as a newfeature of the animus 3.0 like weather simulation or something.
I mean why would they have an animus 3.0 in AC3 if it works the same as the animus 2.0

De Filosoof
03-20-2012, 01:48 PM
It would also add to the replay value of certain missions i guess.