PDA

View Full Version : Alternative Pre-order bonus with AC3

KrYpToNiC95
03-19-2012, 12:03 PM
To day I went to my local EB games shop (Australia) and instead of a steel case they gave me a copy of the AC Revelations novel. Why is it that come people get the steel case while others have to get alternatives. I was under the impressions that due to the official video, everyone would get the same steel case.

JCearlyyears
03-19-2012, 12:50 PM
Wow, I've never heard of that. I guess it is different for some different countries. I'd imagine that everyone would have the opportunity to get the steel case. Some people will sell theirs on the internet.

Krayus Korianis
03-19-2012, 12:55 PM
Or it's because they were out.

EscoBlades
03-19-2012, 01:01 PM
Pre order offers differ by country and region. I was under the impression people were aware of this. Also, the offers change when the retailer runs out of stock.

Either the way, i'm almost 100% ceertain the Steelbook offer was US only.

Krayus Korianis
03-19-2012, 01:21 PM
Well, I just did some checking... Australia GameStop/EB Games isn't offering the Steel Book. Neither is the UK's GameStop. It could be a NA only promotion seeing as NA doesn't really have any super collector's editions at all for AC.
http://ebgames.com.au/xbox360-156158-Assassins-Creed-III-Xbox-360

Check it out yourself.

JumpInTheFire13
03-19-2012, 03:12 PM
Pre order offers differ by country and region. I was under the impression people were aware of this. Also, the offers change when the retailer runs out of stock.

I got it in Canada.

LPodyssey07
03-19-2012, 05:00 PM
On the Wednesday or Thursday after the trailer came out, the stores around me were almost out of the cases. You probably just got there after they were all sold out.

frogger504
03-19-2012, 06:03 PM

Was? Did I miss my chance?

pacmanate
03-19-2012, 06:42 PM
Europe doesn't get it :( I tried.

and to the OP, it's today, not "to day". Almost as bad as Connar....

rileypoole1234
03-19-2012, 09:00 PM
I pre-ordered and didn't get a steelbook because I'm in the UK. It differs everywhere.

KrYpToNiC95
03-19-2012, 09:12 PM
[QUOTE=pacmanate;8193157

and to the OP, it's today, not "to day". Almost as bad as Connar....[/QUOTE]

Woops

pacmanate
03-19-2012, 11:00 PM
I pre-ordered and didn't get a steelbook because I'm in the UK. It differs everywhere.

I AM SO POOPED that the UK doesn't get it :( Might just order one overseas

gamertam
03-20-2012, 02:20 AM
To the OP, i can understand your situation. Being a gamer in the North America's market isn't sooo great either when it comes to Assassin's Creed franchise. From the very beginning with AC1 to AC Revelations. The US market had suffered "inferior collector's editions" it's only right Ubisoft have an understanding for us now.

If it makes you feel any better, i would gladly trade my AC III's steel-book case for one of Europe's better Collector's Edition. I'm serious as having a heart attack.

you know what i'm saying? well anyway hope it doesn't bump you out too much.