PDA

View Full Version : William and UNKNOWN MAN?

JCearlyyears
03-19-2012, 02:24 AM
I was reading the AC wiki and it says William and an unknown man put Desmond back into the animus. Was I not paying attention and they already said who the unknown man is, did they not say, or is the wiki wrong?

LightRey
03-19-2012, 02:27 AM
I'm pretty sure they didn't mention him in the games and there doesn't seem to be anything specific about his name in the encyclopedia either, so I'd say no.

Mr_Stunner
03-19-2012, 02:58 AM
I am hopping to be Daniel Cross infiltrated, would be a so cool twist!

JCearlyyears
03-19-2012, 03:08 AM
I am hopping to be Daniel Cross infiltrated, would be a so cool twist!

That wouldn't make sense. Did you complete the multiplayer?

frogger504
03-19-2012, 03:10 AM
I'm speculating it is Erudito aka Clay's dad.

JCearlyyears
03-19-2012, 03:27 AM
Are you speculating that erudito is clay's dad? I can't find that information anywhere. I've read on the AC wiki that it is most likely to be many people.

naran6142
03-19-2012, 03:47 AM

wait! what? where did you here that?

doesnt really make much sense to me

frogger504
03-19-2012, 04:17 AM
wait! what? where did you here that?

doesnt really make much sense to me

Again, speculating. Erudito is unknown but we know Clay's Dad was smart, and William felt slightly responsible for Clay's death, I forget the details but I had a theory once with a few hints. All I can remember is that his dad was a skilled inventor and computer genius (I think), and Erudito is playing for the Assassins, or at the very least is an ally or a freelancer.

JumpInTheFire13
03-19-2012, 05:17 AM
I forgot all about this. It's the voice you hear at the end of the Da Vince Disappearance.

frogger504
03-19-2012, 05:41 AM
I forgot all about this. It's the voice you hear at the end of the Da Vince Disappearance.

Yup, and I believe you also hear it at one point in ACR, presumably the driver of the van.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-19-2012, 06:21 AM
Interesting. I never pondered this until now.

Legendz54
03-19-2012, 09:28 AM

That is actually incorrect Clay's dad is named Harold Kackzmarek erudito is said to be a group of people

playassassins1
03-19-2012, 09:42 AM
That is actually incorrect Clay's dad is named Harold Kackzmarek erudito is said to be a group of people

From the AC Wikia - Erudito was either an individual or a collective of several people who possessed one goal.

So it is either one guy or more.

Assassin_M
03-19-2012, 09:43 AM
Yup, and I believe you also hear it at one point in ACR, presumably the driver of the van.
Maybe, but I heard his voice welcoming William and co at the airport when they arrived and giving them forged papers to cover the situation as them being doctors from Italy and desmond is their patient..

frogger504
03-19-2012, 09:48 AM
Maybe, but I heard his voice welcoming William and co at the airport when they arrived and giving them forged papers to cover the situation as them being doctors from Italy and desmond is their patient..

Ah yes, it was when he told them the story of Desmond being a genetic experiment to get past security...

Assassin_M
03-19-2012, 09:50 AM
Ah yes, it was when he told them the story of Desmond being a genetic experiment to get past security...
Exactly yes..
Maybe William instructed him to travel ahead to prepare things..

frogger504
03-19-2012, 09:57 AM
Exactly yes..
Maybe William instructed him to travel ahead to prepare things..

I wonder if we will get to see more Assassins. I think it's safe to say that they can finally get out of hiding, at least deep hiding anyways, considering they are out of Italy...
Have you ever wondered... how did they fit all the Animus equipment in the truck? I mean, look at ACR, there was only the Animus and some equipment, but it certainly wasn't all of it.

JCearlyyears
03-19-2012, 11:26 AM
I'd like to wind up going to the assassin hq. Lucy said we'd eventually go there(I think)

LightRey
03-19-2012, 11:30 AM
I'd like to wind up going to the assassin hq. Lucy said we'd eventually go there(I think)
Wasn't it more of a meeting place than an HQ?

JCearlyyears
03-19-2012, 12:52 PM
I don't know. They didn't give much detail on it. Where did you see that?

LightRey
03-19-2012, 01:02 PM
I don't know. They didn't give much detail on it. Where did you see that?
Well when they referred to it in ACB they seemed to describe it like it was a place where Assassins gathered for important meetings.

JCearlyyears
03-19-2012, 01:23 PM
I thought the assassins are really scattered and disconnected. I didn't think they had meetings.

LightRey
03-19-2012, 01:33 PM
I thought the assassins are really scattered and disconnected. I didn't think they had meetings.
Well you thought wrong. As is quite clear from the emails William sends to Shaun in ACB, in the modern day they're quite well connected and all teams are being monitored by a central command.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-19-2012, 04:42 PM
Well you thought wrong. As is quite clear from the emails William sends to Shaun in ACB, in the modern day they're quite well connected and all teams are being monitored by a central command.

I seem to recall this as well. At that, I seem to recall the fact that the spot changes periodically since they've been infiltrated in the past.

Mr_Stunner
03-19-2012, 04:49 PM
That wouldn't make sense. Did you complete the multiplayer?

Yep, nothing says that the multiplayer is about the same time has Desmond's story, it could be some months before.

LightRey
03-19-2012, 04:56 PM
Yep, nothing says that the multiplayer is about the same time has Desmond's story, it could be some months before.
Eh, no it's at the same time, or rather it's after his escape from Abstergo. That's where all those Animi at the start of ACII were for. Also note that Lucy refers to the project in ACB, stating that the Templars seem to be busy training people in some way.

JCearlyyears
03-19-2012, 09:06 PM
So Desmond will fight a small group of master templars in the beginning of the game?

frogger504
03-19-2012, 09:09 PM
So Desmond will fight a small group of master templars in the beginning of the game?

Probably, or maybe just some guards. Although by now Desmond is on his way to becoming a Master Assassin. He has the skills of Ezio and Altair, should be no problem.

rileypoole1234
03-19-2012, 09:10 PM

Not necessarily. I don't think the first fight as Desmond will be against master Templars.

freddie_1897
03-19-2012, 10:02 PM
the unknown man is definitely some kind of twist or else they wouldn't have been so secretive about releasing his name, think about it, no one says his name, even when they could have, and it would have made more sense too, e.g, "I've got your passports"
" thank you, DANIEL" THE PLOT THICKENS HAHAHAHA

JCearlyyears
03-19-2012, 11:18 PM
Not necessarily. I don't think the first fight as Desmond will be against master Templars.

But vidic sent the master templars. why would he send a group of average templars and alert them that they know where they are? Why not send in the most skilled templars you have and get it over with?

Poodle_of_Doom
03-20-2012, 02:58 AM
But vidic sent the master templars. why would he send a group of average templars and alert them that they know where they are? Why not send in the most skilled templars you have and get it over with?

If your not sure what they're capable of, it may be easier, and simpler, in the long runt to send in the meat puppets.

rileypoole1234
03-20-2012, 03:30 AM

Well it just seems a bit odd. Your first experience in the game would be "Well here are the best trained men you'll ever fight, kill them"

It would make them seem very weak.

Calvarok
03-20-2012, 04:47 AM
Well it just seems a bit odd. Your first experience in the game would be "Well here are the best trained men you'll ever fight, kill them"

It would make them seem very weak.

Who says that's your first combat experience? It's not like the master assassins know exactly where Des and co are. They still have to track them.

frogger504
03-20-2012, 06:26 AM
Who says that's your first combat experience? It's not like the master assassins know exactly where Des and co are. They still have to track them.

At the end of ACR Multiplayer Vidic says he knows and sends off the Master Templars to take them out.

LightRey
03-20-2012, 11:58 AM
At the end of ACR Multiplayer Vidic says he knows and sends off the Master Templars to take them out.
He sends just one of the Templar subjects.

frigabond
03-20-2012, 12:43 PM
Since William M is the leader I think the templars would want to ensure a successful conclusion and send a crack retrieval team.
They would surely assume he's guarded by the best assassins no? I would.
That's why i can't see this as the first fight myself unless desmond gets to rescue him maybe?
Just musing.

ElDoucherino
03-20-2012, 12:54 PM
the unknown man is definitely some kind of twist or else they wouldn't have been so secretive about releasing his name, think about it, no one says his name, even when they could have, and it would have made more sense too, e.g, "I've got your passports"
" thank you, DANIEL" THE PLOT THICKENS HAHAHAHA

The Assassins probably already knows that he's a traitor and it's very unlikely that the person in the van is Daniel. However...after seeing the mulitplayer footage, it could be the namneless templar that has been assigned to kill William...

LightRey
03-20-2012, 01:09 PM
The Assassins probably already knows that he's a traitor and it's very unlikely that the person in the van is Daniel. However...after seeing the mulitplayer footage, it could be the namneless templar that has been assigned to kill William...
-__-
They already know Daniel is a traitor. He's widely known by the Assassins to have been a Templar Sleeper Agent and his betrayal of the order is even mentioned in ACR. The man driving the van is not Daniel and I really don't see any good reason to assume the man to even be involved with any "twist" either.

Calvarok
03-20-2012, 01:13 PM
Yeah, and his voice sounds nothing like Daniel's. Not to mention Daniel is much older than that guy sounds. I'm sure he's just a random Assassin. I'm really excited to see how Assassins get around in modern times. Getting hidden blades through airport security and such. I wonder what kind of incredible advances they've made... hopefully modern times in AC isn't limited to real-life tech. :)

ElDoucherino
03-20-2012, 02:02 PM
-__-
They already know Daniel is a traitor. He's widely known by the Assassins to have been a Templar Sleeper Agent and his betrayal of the order is even mentioned in ACR. The man driving the van is not Daniel and I really don't see any good reason to assume the man to even be involved with any "twist" either.

Huh? If you look closely at my post I never stated that it was Daniel nor that I thought it was Daniel. The other person however, the one assigned to assassinate William, seeing as we don't know how he looks and so on is still until proven otherwise on the list of possibilities. Along with Clay's dad.

That was just a suggestion from my part. I have gone from a state beliving that this person is vital to the story to another that I think that this unknown person is just a random associate to William. But until we get conclusive evidence these are just merely speculations.

LightRey
03-20-2012, 02:15 PM
Huh? If you look closely at my post I never stated that it was Daniel nor that I thought it was Daniel. The other person however, the one assigned to assassinate William, seeing as we don't know how he looks and so on is still until proven otherwise on the list of possibilities. Along with Clay's dad.

That was just a suggestion from my part. I have gone from a state beliving that this person is vital to the story to another that I think that this unknown person is just a random associate to William. But until we get conclusive evidence these are just merely speculations.
oops sorry. I read "likely" instead of "unlikely". This cold must be getting at me more than I thought.

ElDoucherino
03-20-2012, 07:36 PM
No sweat bro...just wanted to clear things up :)

JCearlyyears
03-20-2012, 08:11 PM
If your not sure what they're capable of, it may be easier, and simpler, in the long runt to send in the meat puppets.

They sent templars in in AC2 and Desmond killed them with the hidden blade. They know
1) Desmond is armed
2) about the bleeding effect( meaning he is learning how to fight and has eagle vision)
3) that he can fight
4) he is deadly

Vidic has seen a lot of the animus tapes and knows that Desmond is very good at killing.

Why send in meat puppets? Best to send in the best and be sure. They shouldn't be trying to test his abilities, they should be trying to stop him. (not necessarily kill him, but stop him.)

oliacr
03-20-2012, 10:52 PM
It can be Shaun :D:D:D

LightRey
03-20-2012, 11:36 PM
It can be Shaun :D:D:D
Didn't sound like him. Besides, someone was driving the van in ACR and it wasn't Shaun.

JCearlyyears
03-21-2012, 01:42 AM
And it can't be William because I remember he was holding the apple and rebecca commented so I doubt she was driving.

Rob Schneider is...

Poodle_of_Doom
03-21-2012, 03:12 AM
They sent templars in in AC2 and Desmond killed them with the hidden blade. They know
1) Desmond is armed
2) about the bleeding effect( meaning he is learning how to fight and has eagle vision)
3) that he can fight
4) he is deadly

Vidic has seen a lot of the animus tapes and knows that Desmond is very good at killing.

Why send in meat puppets? Best to send in the best and be sure. They shouldn't be trying to test his abilities, they should be trying to stop him. (not necessarily kill him, but stop him.)

Yeah, but the key lies within your second point. You see, the bleeding effect can make people unstable. So, is Desmond a drooling nut job in need of having his diaper changed, or a skilled fighter with the experience of two master assassins? Personally, I'd send in the expendable meat puppets first, and find out, least he should be the former. If he should be the latter, then it makes no difference, because you still have something better to through at him.

JCearlyyears
03-21-2012, 11:09 AM
Yeah, but the key lies within your second point. You see, the bleeding effect can make people unstable. So, is Desmond a drooling nut job in need of having his diaper changed, or a skilled fighter with the experience of two master assassins? Personally, I'd send in the expendable meat puppets first, and find out, least he should be the former. If he should be the latter, then it makes no difference, because you still have something better to through at him.

Yes, but if Desmond is a master assassin, which he is, it doesn't matter if he is in a coma or not, because if you send in best, they will have the most chance of killing him. It's kinda like how you send your assassins on missions. You aren't going to send a few level 1 guys to a five star mission with that high of a chance of dying, you are going to send in the best and get it over with.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-21-2012, 03:18 PM
Yes, but if Desmond is a master assassin, which he is, it doesn't matter if he is in a coma or not, because if you send in best, they will have the most chance of killing him. It's kinda like how you send your assassins on missions. You aren't going to send a few level 1 guys to a five star mission with that high of a chance of dying, you are going to send in the best and get it over with.

Wow... we can tell you read what I wrote can't we? Or were you just making **** up again? I never said he'd be in a coma, I said he'd be mentally challenged. Second of all, your absolutely wrong about the five start challenge. I always sent in a couple high levels, and mostly low levels. That allowed me to get the job done. No competent person would ever put all their eggs in one basket.

Deltasparkz
03-21-2012, 06:01 PM
When GameInformer interviewed the writer of Assassins Creed they asked if desmonds story would ever end

and they replied yes and something about other assassins

So......... is a chance Desmond and or William will die eventualy

JCearlyyears
03-21-2012, 07:38 PM
Wow... we can tell you read what I wrote can't we? Or were you just making **** up again? I never said he'd be in a coma, I said he'd be mentally challenged. Second of all, your absolutely wrong about the five start challenge. I always sent in a couple high levels, and mostly low levels. That allowed me to get the job done. No competent person would ever put all their eggs in one basket.

And you didn't read what I said. I assumed that you meant he'd be in a coma. And I never said you send in a couple high levels with a bunch of low levels. You said send in the meat puppets which to me seemed like you meant send in crappy templars (to me). I said you wouldn't send in a bunch of low levels because they would all get killed. I said you send in the best who have the highest chance of getting the job done. You said you send in a few low levels with a couple high levels. I said you wouldn't send in just a bunch of low levels, which is right, you said it yourself, send in a few high levels with a bunch of low levels. I was thinking about what you said and realized that it certainly depends. In this situation, it makes most sense to send in a bunch of low levels first, he would be inclined to use the apple, revealing that he has it so then the templars know not to send in the best because they will all die. If the situation was different in such a way that you know for sure that your best could take the target down, and a bunch of low levels will die, then you send in the best. I had a slight change in opinion.

frigabond
03-21-2012, 07:53 PM
Vidic: I want you to go collect a man called William M

Low level templar: Isn't he some uber top dog assassin? With an apple??? That's suicide!?!

Vidic (waving hand) : This isn't the William you're looking for

LLP: But I'm only a level 2

Vidic (waves hand again) : Level 50 is what we assign the REALLY slow learners. You don't need to be a master

LLP: Oh ok cool!

:)

freddie_1897
03-21-2012, 07:58 PM
after desmond re lives the life of Connor, will he be even more skilled, like better at predatory stealth as well?

JCearlyyears
03-21-2012, 08:05 PM
Vidic: I want you to go collect a man called William M

Low level templar: Isn't he some uber top dog assassin? With an apple??? That's suicide!?!

Vidic (waving hand) : This isn't the William you're looking for

LLP: But I'm only a level 2

Vidic (waves hand again) : Level 50 is what we assign the REALLY slow learners. You don't need to be a master

LLP: Oh ok cool!

:)

This brings to my attention that he specified William. He never said Desmond, or rebecca, or shaun, or unknown man, he said william, and retrieval team, not kill team. Why William? Wouldn't that attract other assassins? Why not Desmond and the others? Just William... And what was the templar injected with?

frigabond
03-21-2012, 08:19 PM
He was injected with a tracer basically so they could track him. Retrieval in templar speak may well mean kill squad.

I was just imagining the conversation. :)

JCearlyyears
03-21-2012, 08:35 PM
He was injected with a tracer basically so they could track him. Retrieval in templar speak may well mean kill squad.

I was just imagining the conversation. :)

I dunno.... They said retrieval and go get him, not kill team and go kill him. I'm pretty sure he meant retrieve, not kill.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-21-2012, 11:50 PM
And you didn't read what I said. I assumed that you meant he'd be in a coma. And I never said you send in a couple high levels with a bunch of low levels. You said send in the meat puppets which to me seemed like you meant send in crappy templars (to me). I said you wouldn't send in a bunch of low levels because they would all get killed. I said you send in the best who have the highest chance of getting the job done. You said you send in a few low levels with a couple high levels. I said you wouldn't send in just a bunch of low levels, which is right, you said it yourself, send in a few high levels with a bunch of low levels. I was thinking about what you said and realized that it certainly depends. In this situation, it makes most sense to send in a bunch of low levels first, he would be inclined to use the apple, revealing that he has it so then the templars know not to send in the best because they will all die. If the situation was different in such a way that you know for sure that your best could take the target down, and a bunch of low levels will die, then you send in the best. I had a slight change in opinion.

See, you seem to get it in the later half. And by meat sheilding, I mean, you don't put all your eggs in a single basket.

JCearlyyears
03-22-2012, 12:58 AM
See, you seem to get it in the later half. And by meat sheilding, I mean, you don't put all your eggs in a single basket.

Yeah... I had almost completely forgotten about the cir****tances, and was thinking about the assassin recruit missions most of the time.