PDA

View Full Version : Just to make one thing clear...(ACR SPOILERS)

freddie_1897
03-18-2012, 07:55 PM
At the end of ACR Ezio DID NOT TELL DESMOND ANYTHING IN PRIVATE.
We play as Desmond, it is an RPG in that sense, everything he see's, we see, everything he hears, we hear and everything he finds out, we find out. Ezio was DELIVERING JUPITERS MESSAGE TO HIM, and the reason ezio knew what jupiters message was? Easy, before ezio said "Desmond?" "Desmond?", IMMEDIATELY before, the apple pulses, you can see ezio stumble. This is TOWCB showing Ezio the message through the apple, Desmond can't receive the message straight from Jupiter because he isn't near the apple, that is why he needed to find this nexus of time in the first place. When Ezio said "now listen" and touched desmonds shoulder, he was displaying the message to him, he did not tell him ANYTHING else.
I hope this cleared things up for some of you

frogger504
03-18-2012, 08:24 PM
Yes, because they don't cut stuff out for real world purposes, we see him sleep, eat. shower, etc.

We don't see everything so it is possible and likely that they would censor one part for the real life reason of keeping suspense for the next game.

freddie_1897
03-18-2012, 08:30 PM
They cut out him eating, showering and taking a **** because no one wants to waste 5 minutes of there life watching that, in skyrim you don't randomly take ****s every so often.
Besides, your argument is basically "oh, well there isn't any proof that he didn't tell Desmond anything, so that means he must have told him something. Despite the fact that there is a lot of evidence to suggest that my opinion is correct

naran6142
03-18-2012, 08:33 PM
its a mystery... and i kinda like it that way :D

LightRey
03-18-2012, 08:37 PM
Yes, because they don't cut stuff out for real world purposes, we see him sleep, eat. shower, etc.

We don't see everything so it is possible and likely that they would censor one part for the real life reason of keeping suspense for the next game.
No, it's really not. They only cut out the insignificant stuff. They don't show people eat, sleep, go to the bathroom unless it's funny. This goes for all games. You are an incredibly gifted user of tunnel vision and you're also very skilled at jumping to conclusions, you know that?

freddie_1897
03-18-2012, 08:38 PM
Thank you, please, name 3 rpg's where you actually get the option to take a ****

rileypoole1234
03-18-2012, 08:43 PM
Thank you, please, name 3 rpg's where you actually get the option to take a ****

What's the difference if you can or can't do that in an RPG. Who cares?

LightRey
03-18-2012, 08:44 PM

He's making a point.

frogger504
03-18-2012, 08:47 PM
He's making a point.

As was I.

The fact of the matter is, they do remove things from the game for Real World reasons, there are many things that we "should" see but don't. Spoilers and all.

There isn't anything to show that he didn't say something, and there is to suggest that he did.

Was a thread directed solely to what I think really necessary?

freddie_1897
03-18-2012, 08:49 PM

Because RPGs are when you spend every moment as your character, so the fact that they don't do it in RPGs yet you still spend every moment with them, so why would they do it in games which aren't RPGs?
Anyway, let's get back on topic please before this thread is locked

Assassin_M
03-18-2012, 08:51 PM
Isnt this what a thread is supposed be ?
What you, the creator, think ?

freddie_1897
03-18-2012, 08:52 PM
As was I.

The fact of the matter is, they do remove things from the game for Real World reasons, there are many things that we "should" see but don't. Spoilers and all.

There isn't anything to show that he didn't say something, and there is to suggest that he did.

This thread isn't directed at what you think, it's clearing things up for people who are unsure, you might be able to convince them otherwise if you actually came up with a good arguement other than just "they don't show them taking ****s so why would they show him learning something"

LightRey
03-18-2012, 09:00 PM
As was I.

Ezio says: "listen". Then "suddenly" Jupiter waylays a hugely important message to him. Why is it so incredibly hard for you to understand that that's just what happened?

freddie_1897
03-18-2012, 09:04 PM
Look, frogger, if you find any logical evidence that i am wrong, I will carve 'I'm wrong' into the side of my ***** with a compass

freddie_1897
03-18-2012, 10:27 PM
Also, there really isn't much for ezio to tell Desmond, the location of the grand temple is the most important aspect.

Jexx21
03-18-2012, 10:45 PM
I think that anything that Ezio knows and wants to tell Desmond, Desmond already saw.

Desmond lived Ezio's life from his start as an Assassin to his end as an Assassin. Ezio saw Jupiter's message, and then chose to show it to Desmond.

But if Ezio had to purposefully show Desmond that message... I'm not sure if the last sequence in ACB was what Ezio saw when he looked into the Apple.

freddie_1897
03-18-2012, 10:54 PM
I think that anything that Ezio knows and wants to tell Desmond, Desmond already saw.

Desmond lived Ezio's life from his start as an Assassin to his end as an Assassin. Ezio saw Jupiter's message, and then chose to show it to Desmond.

But if Ezio had to purposefully show Desmond that message... I'm not sure if the last sequence in ACB was what Ezio saw when he looked into the Apple.
Thank you, I couldn't have put it better myself, we are Desmond, we go into the animus as Desmond, not as Altair, or Ezio

JumpInTheFire13
03-18-2012, 11:20 PM
No, it's really not. They only cut out the insignificant stuff. They don't show people eat, sleep, go to the bathroom unless it's funny. This goes for all games. You are an incredibly gifted user of tunnel vision and you're also very skilled at jumping to conclusions, you know that?
Halle-fricking-lujah

freddie_1897
03-18-2012, 11:26 PM
With the slight exception of duke nukem forever in which you can throw **** at people

frogger504
03-18-2012, 11:28 PM
A thread just to go against one theory that was resolved days ago in another thread. I made my point quite clear back then, I won't be repeating every single thing on the subject every time you all want to bring it up. Yuo want to see the evidence I presented and have a decent discussion, find the old thread , respond to it and pretend I'm listening.

Assassin_M
03-18-2012, 11:30 PM
A thread just to go against one theory that was resolved days ago in another thread. I made my point quite clear back then, I won't be repeating every single thing on the subject every time you all want to bring it up. Yuo want to see the evidence I presented and have a decent discussion, find the old thread , respond to it and pretend I'm listening.
*You..
and no, You provided no evidence and btw I won that argument...

freddie_1897
03-18-2012, 11:33 PM
Face it frogger, you've lost every argument, youve got like, no evidence but you still continue to think your right

frogger504
03-18-2012, 11:33 PM
*You..
and no, You provided no evidence and btw I won that argument...

I don't argue. I either discuss stuff or walk away and let a person talk to themselves. Arguing isn't worth my time, I'm not caught up in idiotic win or lose arguments.

Also, we decided to leave the conversation as a belief vs belief and left it alone.

Face it frogger, you've lost every argument, youve got like, no evidence but you still continue to think your right

I don't care about winning or losing or being right or wrong. I just believe it to be so, I am being questioned of what I believe to be, and I simply respond with why. I have no problem if someone doesn't believe it to be or not.

I will simply will continue to believe my theory until someone shows me something or says something to make me think otherwise.

Up to now there has been no discussion, just "you are wrong"

Assassin_M
03-18-2012, 11:37 PM
I don't argue. I either discuss stuff or walk away and let a person talk to themselves. Arguing isn't worth my time, I'm not caught up in idiotic win or lose arguments.

Also, we decided to leave the conversation as a belief vs belief and left it alone.
YOU decided to leave it at that..
You provided no evidence to back your "belief" and you finished the conversation saying "plausible"
You walked away..

freddie_1897
03-18-2012, 11:38 PM
No, you don't argue because you actually do not have an argument at all, I'm not joking you have not shown me one bit of logical evidence to back you up. Its like sending someone to prison without any evidence, and they were only arrested because they had the same eye colour

frogger504
03-18-2012, 11:39 PM
YOU decided to leave it at that..
You provided no evidence to back your "belief" and you finished the conversation saying "plausible"
You walked away..

Yes, saying that your theory was indeed plausible, at that point it was just two theories against each other. Seeing it was going to go nowhere from there I decided to leave it at that and walked away.

This discussion is three of my posts longer than it should have been. As I said rpreviously, you want to continue with it, check out the other thread and argue among yourselves.

Assassin_M
03-18-2012, 11:40 PM
Yes, saying that your theory was indeed plausible, at that point it was just two theories against each other. Seeing it was going to go nowhere from there I decided to leave it at that and walked away.
You`re theory was no theory at all, it was just baseless assumption..
struggling in the dark

freddie_1897
03-18-2012, 11:49 PM

This discussion is three of my posts longer than it should have been. As I said rpreviously, you want to continue with it, check out the other thread and argue among yourselves.

We don't need to argue among ourselves, we agree

Assassin_M
03-18-2012, 11:51 PM
We don't need to argue among ourselves, we agree
Exactly..
Now he`s just being childish..

infamous_ezio
03-19-2012, 01:15 AM
it wouldn't be sensible to leave something important out seeing as where never going to see ezio again

EscoBlades
03-19-2012, 02:10 AM
I said it multiple times. You wouldn't listen. Lightrey and others outlined it in detail. But nope, you still argued.

So here it is from Darby himself:

http://improbableobjects.blogspot.ca/2012/03/for-ac-fans-ezio-did-not-get-censored.html?m=1

END. OF. DISCUSSION! Good night <3

LightRey
03-19-2012, 02:20 AM
I said it multiple times. You wouldn't listen. Lightrey and others outlined it in detail. But nope, you still argued.

http://improbableobjects.blogspot.ca/2012/03/for-ac-fans-ezio-did-not-get-censored.html?m=1

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/006/548/211092_242669842430795_4056741_n.jpg

frogger504
03-19-2012, 03:15 AM
I stand corrected.

Still don't see why it was such a big deal to do all this for a single person's theory but okay, no hard feelings.

Jexx21
03-19-2012, 04:02 AM
because it wasn't a theory, it was kind of an assumption. You never detailed it, you just assumed that Ezio told Desmond something.

frogger504
03-19-2012, 04:10 AM
because it wasn't a theory, it was kind of an assumption. You never detailed it, you just assumed that Ezio told Desmond something.

Yes I did, a few days back. Even then it was just a theory which wasn't much of a big deal, my own theory which I wasn't trying to push or even talk about, you all when out of your way to disprove it, I'm actually a bit honored that you guys would go through all that just for little old me :rolleyes:

Even calling in an official. (Who is that guy?)

Anyways, as I said, no hard feelings.

Assassin_M
03-19-2012, 09:37 AM

Hey, Esco why dont you ask him about other "genius" theories that have been popping up as of late..

EscoBlades
03-19-2012, 09:41 AM
Hey, Esco why dont you ask him about other "genius" theories that have been popping up as of late..

All in good time, haha. He reads these forums anyway, so i'm sure if he wanted to clarify something, he will. Darby is a great guy, and cares more about what the fans think than some people on here give him credit for.

Assassin_M
03-19-2012, 09:47 AM
All in good time, haha. He reads these forums anyway, so i'm sure if he wanted to clarify something, he will. Darby is a great guy, and cares more about what the fans think than some people on here give him credit for.
Yeah, if people here dont see the guy then he doesnt give a Crap..
Im sure Darby loves all these discussions and the AC games as much as we do..
and I really feel sorry for him reading these forums... Now a days its just Idiots trying to make a name or plain ridiculous assumptions..

LightRey
03-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Yes I did, a few days back. Even then it was just a theory which wasn't much of a big deal, my own theory which I wasn't trying to push or even talk about, you all when out of your way to disprove it, I'm actually a bit honored that you guys would go through all that just for little old me :rolleyes:

Even calling in an official. (Who is that guy?)

Anyways, as I said, no hard feelings.
It wasn't your theory that bothered us, it was the way you presented it. Aside from the obnoxious attitude and the refusal to accept or even really discuss any criticism, you had absolutely no serious evidence. Any scientist would laugh at such a theory, yet you presented it as if it were obvious you were right and then you even started presenting speculations based on your theory. That's basically blasphemous in the scientific community.

The fact of the matter is that you did bring it up yourself several times on the forum, especially regarding these speculations based on it.

You don't know who Darby McDevitt is? Seriously? I was already surprised you didn't seem to trust Esco's word on stuff like that, but how can you be an AC fan and have over 250 posts on this forum and not know who Darby McDevitt is?

Assassin_M
03-19-2012, 11:25 AM
You don't know who Darby McDevitt is? Seriously? I was already surprised you didn't seem to trust Esco's word on stuff like that, but how can you be an AC fan and have over 250 posts on this forum and not know who Darby McDevitt is?

He`s the CEO of Ubisoft..... right ?

LightRey
03-19-2012, 11:29 AM
He`s the CEO of Ubisoft..... right ?
http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/Not+sure+if+trolling+_c597e25b2383b4e7a9e892a5833a 4e0d.jpg
No, he's one of the script writers.

Assassin_M
03-19-2012, 11:36 AM
http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/Not+sure+if+trolling+_c597e25b2383b4e7a9e892a5833a 4e0d.jpg
No, he's one of the script writers.
God, man :D
I was joking hahah xD
Do you really doubt me ?

LightRey
03-19-2012, 11:54 AM
God, man :D
I was joking hahah xD
Do you really doubt me ?
I figured. xD

EscoBlades
03-19-2012, 11:56 AM
......but how can you be an AC fan and have over 250 posts on this forum and not know who Darby McDevitt is?

THIS. ALL of it!

Assassin_M
03-19-2012, 12:01 PM
THIS. ALL of it!
You feel my and Rey`s frustrations..

GeneralTrumbo
03-19-2012, 02:33 PM
I think it is quite obvious that Darby McDevitt was simply a game tester for ACR and had no part in the production whatsoever.

frogger504
03-19-2012, 05:34 PM
Well yeah, I believed it, and there was not much discussion other than you are wrong. There wasn't much evidence to back it up, but there was no evidence against it either. I presented by saying why I thought it was, then people just said no. Sure Esco is experienced , but I'm not one to blindly listen to anyone for anything. If he had presented an argument on why not, other than just saying no, than I would have gladly listened. The speculation was part of the theory, and was just speculation, aren't we discussing theories and speculations? What was wrong with me speculating based on the theory?

Also, there was one thread where it was discussed and resolved to leave the subject alone. Yesterday M went on a rampage to prove me wrong for some reason, all the time it was simply criticism and no actual consideration to the theory, like this thread, I simply made one analogy to make a point that the Devs don't show us everything as the OP suggested, then it turned into a big crap-fest, literally. I had already explained my theory and left it alone days before, I didn't feel like finding and going over all of my theory just to show why I believed it. I mean it was just one theory, not such a big deal, I actually find it amusing that everyone was so bent on disproving it, even going so far as to call a script writer to explain it.

Anyways, I had heard of Darby, the name anyways, no real idea who. I haven't looked at too much bts stuff before now, so I know little about the workings of Ubisoft.

Assassin_M
03-19-2012, 05:40 PM
Well yeah, I believed it, and there was not much discussion other than you are wrong. There wasn't much evidence to back it up, but there was no evidence against it either. I presented by saying why I thought it was, then people just said no. Sure Esco is experienced , but I'm not one to blindly listen to anyone for anything. If he had presented an argument on why not, other than just saying no, than I would have gladly listened. The speculation was part of the theory, and was just speculation, aren't we discussing theories and speculations? What was wrong with me speculating based on the theory?

Also, there was one thread where it was discussed and resolved to leave the subject alone. Yesterday M went on a rampage to prove me wrong for some reason, all the time it was simply criticism and no actual consideration to the theory, like this thread, I simply made one analogy to make a point that the Devs don't show us everything as the OP suggested, then it turned into a big crap-fest, literally. I had already explained my theory and left it alone days before, I didn't feel like finding and going over all of my theory just to show why I believed it. I mean it was just one theory, not such a big deal, I actually find it amusing that everyone was so bent on disproving it, even going so far as to call a script writer to explain it.

Anyways, I had heard of Darby, the name anyways, no real idea who. I haven't looked at too much bts stuff before now, so I know little about the workings of Ubisoft.
He`s the one that presented no evidence ? Gosh..
You were basically saying "I`ll still go by my theory (which is not a theory) even though I provided no evidence, and yours seems more plausible"
EVERYONE got you evidence, you`re acting like everyone was arrogant, but as a matter of fact it was you..
and yes, we people like to disprove whats wrong... madness isnt it ?

frogger504
03-19-2012, 05:42 PM
Okay M you are right. I was arrogant and out of place will you forgive me?

Scratch that, I regret nothing.

Assassin_M
03-19-2012, 05:46 PM
Okay M you are right. I was arrogant and out of place, will you forgive me? :confused:
You are not forgiven, and I hereby banish you to the darkest depths of the forums....... and a day with LightRey :p

frogger504
03-19-2012, 05:56 PM
and a day with LightRey :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

LightRey
03-19-2012, 08:41 PM

If you truly think that there was not much discussion than "you are wrong" then you clearly did not read my posts. I made several very clear points, explaining to you how your theory did not make sense. I suppose the fact that you barely responded to them signifies that you did indeed not read them.

frogger504
03-19-2012, 09:02 PM
Yes you are right, I didn't read them. I was wrong, have some cake.

http://mopies.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/portal-cake.jpg

Jexx21
03-19-2012, 09:28 PM
Okay M you are right. I was arrogant and out of place will you forgive me?

Scratch that, I regret nothing.

haha, he edited the post after he got a reply.

way to go.

LightRey
03-19-2012, 09:34 PM
Yes you are right, I didn't read them. I was wrong, have some cake.

http://mopies.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/portal-cake.jpg
Omnomnom.

frogger504
03-19-2012, 09:51 PM
haha, he edited the post after he got a reply.

way to go.

No, I edited before the response....

Also,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeSIzimj53s

It was a lie! > : D

LightRey
03-19-2012, 09:53 PM
No, I edited before the response....

Also,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeSIzimj53s

It was a lie! > : D
you:
http://t.qkme.me/3nxg.jpg
me:
http://www.terrariaonline.com/attachments/okay-meme-jpg.3008/

freddie_1897
03-19-2012, 09:59 PM
you:
http://t.qkme.me/3nxg.jpg
me:
http://www.terrariaonline.com/attachments/okay-meme-jpg.3008/
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/3/12/9b15d1bb-834b-483a-ab27-3c5b9232543f.jpg

LightRey
03-19-2012, 10:05 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/3/12/9b15d1bb-834b-483a-ab27-3c5b9232543f.jpg
Because the cake is a lie. :)

EscoBlades
03-19-2012, 11:58 PM
At this point...i give up. In future, pay attention to that which is clearly on your screen before wildly dismissing the voices of reason advising you to do just that.

I'm out.

freddie_1897
03-20-2012, 12:15 AM
Well said