PDA

View Full Version : A Fitting End To The Series

gharlazufarc
03-18-2012, 06:17 PM
Just finished playing Mass Effect 3 and the ending is so terrible. I'm hoping Ubi won't messed up like what Bioware did to the series finale.

freddie_1897
03-18-2012, 06:22 PM
i know i probably shouldn't ask, but what happens in the end of mass effect 3?

gharlazufarc
03-18-2012, 06:36 PM
i know i probably shouldn't ask, but what happens in the end of mass effect 3?

I'm not gonna spoil it here, so you could check this link (http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect-3-ending-hatred-5-reasons-the-fans-are-right/)instead.
Basically the fans are outraged and they're asking for a rewrite.

D.I.D.
03-18-2012, 06:51 PM
If, by some slim chance, it doesn't round of Desmond's story perfectly then it might disappoint people who like that part of the story best but I don't think there's any possibility that it'll cause the kind of anguished rage that ME3 did for fans of that series. We've got two protagonists, so Connor's story will be the meat of the AC3 story, and we'll get two stories ending.

They've got to open some bits of story which won't get closed in AC3 in order to continue the series, and that's bound to make people wonder what's coming next, but that's how AC works!

twenty_glyphs
03-18-2012, 07:24 PM
I've been thinking about this since finding out the end to Mass Effect 3. I was a casual fan, but started to get a bad feeling about the game so checked out what fans, not reviewers, were saying before buying. For some reason, I had never considered that the Desmond story could end terribly until this ending came out. But I still don't think there's anyway AC3 could disappoint on the level of Mass Effect 3.

For one thing, AC is very story-driven, but you're not making choices that influence the story, so you're just along for the ride. You might not have as much desire to replay the AC story if the end of Desmond's story is terrible, but I don't feel like I have as much personal investment in the AC story as Mass Effect fans had. Another good point brought up above is that Connor will have his own story, so that might offset a bad ending for Desmond if it's at least decent.

Another difference is that the Mass Effect writing team had changed dramatically by the third game in the series, while AC still has Corey May around as someone who always had a big hand in the story. A new app showing some behind the scenes stuff from ME3's development shows that the writers still didn't know how they were going to end the story as late as 6 months before the game's release. Seems there were several story directions written down, but no one had a definitive answer. That's why the ending seems forced and tacked on, since it was just whipped up near the end of development. In contrast, AC seems to have a clear end in mind for Desmond. I think they must, because there have been so many threads laid down as clues. If the writers don't know where the story is going, they've done a heck of a job just throwing random crap at the story to create mystery, while creating an almost impossible writing puzzle for themselves to solve.

As long as Desmond's story ends in a way that lets you look back at the previous games and make sense of it, I'll be satisfied. If it comes out of left field at the last minute and ignores most of the clues presented so far, while also destroying the Assassin's Creed universe as we know it without providing any closure, I'll be ticked. But even if it's an ending I don't like, as long as it makes sense and fits the rest of the story, I don't see how I could be as mad as the Mass Effect fans are right now. Also, the AC team has the benefit of seeing the Mass Effect backlash and enough time to do something about it if they realize they need to tweak their own story.

Jexx21
03-18-2012, 07:38 PM
I liked ME3's ending...

Subject J80
03-18-2012, 07:47 PM
I liked ME3's ending...

Me too. I thought the ending(s) was/were amazing. Made me feel all different types of emotions at the end and them let it stew for a day or two in my head. Bioware really pushed the boundaries with this and I for one applaud them for it.

Tired of getting flamed on the Bioware forum for liking the ending though...........

Don't think there will be any issues for the ending of AC3 after watching Corey Mays interview on Game Informer.

Black_Widow9
03-18-2012, 08:00 PM
Please post this here-
Bring Up Whatever You Would Like! 39 (Off-Topic-Only) (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/662373)
Thanks ;)