PDA

View Full Version : Will you come to like Connar after Ezio and Altair is gone?

Tuuuu
03-18-2012, 02:04 PM
Hey there.

So am i the only one who is worried about this new Connar guy when it comes to bonding with him as the new Assassin you will play?

I loved to play as Altair and Ezio and i cant believe they are gone. I have this feeling that im gonna have a hard time adjusting to this new guy, specially because now im more interested in Desmonds historiy then i were before.

Let me know what you think :)

Lonesoldier2012
03-18-2012, 02:07 PM
Connar?

Tuuuu
03-18-2012, 02:14 PM
The new Assassin we are going to play.

EDIT I misspelled the name but you know who i mean...

dxsxhxcx
03-18-2012, 02:25 PM
if you didn't have problems with the transition from Altair to Ezio I don't see how the transition from Ezio to Connor can be a problem, I'm tired of Ezio and glad he's gone, can't wait to meet this new ancestor.. :)

Tuuuu
03-18-2012, 02:30 PM
if you didn't have problems with the transition from Altair to Ezio I don't see how the transition from Ezio to Connor can be a problem, in fact, I'm tired of Ezio and glad he's gone, can't wait to meet this new ancestor.. :)

I dont think the transition from Altair to Ezio was so huge since it came fairly quick. We have played Ezio for like 3 games so i think thats more of a big transition and thats why im talking about the whole "Can you adapt to a new Assassin" thing

thekarlone
03-18-2012, 02:49 PM
He's Connor, not Connar.

pacmanate
03-18-2012, 02:58 PM
I think I'm already attached to him :P

I actually got attached to Ezio as soon as I saw his clothes :D

kriegerdesgottes
03-18-2012, 03:01 PM
I think there is definitely potential for me to like him more than the other two and I loved Altair and Ezio the same but since I'm American and have several ancestors who were alive or who took part in the Revolution, I feel it makes the character slightly more interesting and relevant to me. Plus he looks awesome and with the exception of the Indian stuff, he looks exactly the way I wanted him to all along so I'm pretty psyched.

rileypoole1234
03-18-2012, 04:14 PM
I think he seems very different than Ezio and Altair, which makes him more interesting to me.

Vex_Assassin
03-18-2012, 04:47 PM
I don't think I'll have any problems with "liking" Connor. Ezio was my favourite character between him and Altair, simply because I didn't enjoy AC1, but I think I'll get to like Connor since my great grandmother was a Native and that I can somehow relate to this.

EDIT: Connor looks completely badass too. :D

GLHS
03-18-2012, 05:27 PM
Ugh...omg people learn to spell. I'm already super attached to CONNOR and we haven't even gotten to really see him much yet. I love him already lol. Can't wait to play him and really see how badass he is.

tarrero
03-18-2012, 07:06 PM
He already looks uber badass, the fact he is half native and uses a tomahawks helps alot to that matter. Also the game itself is very promising.

Tuuuu
03-18-2012, 07:20 PM
Ugh...omg people learn to spell. I'm already super attached to CONNOR and we haven't even gotten to really see him much yet. I love him already lol. Can't wait to play him and really see how badass he is.

Conner, Connor who cares, people know whos being talking about

JumpInTheFire13
03-18-2012, 07:25 PM
I think there is definitely potential for me to like him more than the other two and I loved Altair and Ezio the same but since I'm American and have several ancestors who were alive or who took part in the Revolution, I feel it makes the character slightly more interesting and relevant to me. Plus he looks awesome and with the exception of the Indian stuff, he looks exactly the way I wanted him to all along so I'm pretty psyched.
*Native American

And don't even say it's acceptable to call him "Conner" or "Connar." Sure we know who they're talking about, but it's just as bad as people who say "Etzio" and "Altiar."

I'm super pumped to finally play as a new Assassin and I don't think I'll have any trouble becoming attached to him. The ending of Embers was sad as hell, but it was closure.

LightRey
03-18-2012, 07:30 PM
Conner, Connor who cares, people know whos being talking about
According to your reasoning we could just as well call him "Indian Assassin-man".

pacmanate
03-18-2012, 07:33 PM
According to your reasoning we could just as well call him "Indian Assassin-man".

That guy is me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

frogger504
03-18-2012, 07:38 PM
I think I'm already attached to him :P

Me too :D

I already know Conner aka Indian assassin man (as I will now call him), will be my favorite.

So long as a word serves it's purpose, the grammar has no point.

Tuuuu
03-18-2012, 07:52 PM

I already know Conner aka Indian assassin man (as I will now call him), will be my favorite.

Thank you! exactly my point

LightRey
03-18-2012, 07:53 PM

Excuse me, but what does grammar have to do with it? Grammar is about the structure and related meaning of a sentence, not the meaning of a word. The fact of the matter is that it's annoying, confusing, but most of all disrespectful to use incorrect spelling.

pacmanate
03-18-2012, 07:56 PM
Tbh it is annoying seeing Conner and Connar (even though the OP is the first person EVER to use that spelling)

masterfenix2009
03-18-2012, 08:00 PM
Guys, yes grammar and spelling should be checked, but its just one thing misspelled. He only needs one person to correct him. Not ten.

frogger504
03-18-2012, 08:04 PM
Excuse me, but what does grammar have to do with it? Grammar is about the structure and related meaning of a sentence, not the meaning of a word. The fact of the matter is that it's annoying, confusing, but most of all disrespectful to use incorrect spelling.

Disrespectful?!

If you understand the meaning of a word, how it's spelled does not matter.

Annoying, that's a personal problem that's irrelevant.
Confusing, if you understood the word then it brings no confusion
Disrespectful, that's just ridiculous.

Jexx21
03-18-2012, 08:06 PM
I hate it when people spell a lot wrong.

LightRey
03-18-2012, 08:13 PM
Disrespectful?!

It's not just a word, it's a name.

Since when are personal problems irrelevant? I'd say they're very relevant, especially if they are common. Saying they're irrelevant is like saying the opinions of players on the games are irrelevant. According to your reasoning trolling should be allowed on the forums.
People will want to know the correct spelling of his name. They're going to want to look him up on the wiki for example. You won't get a single hit on a wiki search with the incorrect spelling.
If people misspell your name (repeatedly) it's a sign of disrespect. He may just be a fictional character, but people actually did take the time to come up with that name. If someone called the Mona Lisa "Moona Leza" it'd be disrespectful to Leonardo Da Vinci.

frogger504
03-18-2012, 08:17 PM
I don't care if someone gets my name wrong. Also, once again, out of context.

Read my exact words, then think about it, then respond. If you actually want to have a discussion, otherwise I assume you just want to be right and win arguments. Pointless arguments aren't worth my time, energy, or brain cells.

Same thing goes for Conner's aka indian assasin mans name.

LightRey
03-18-2012, 08:30 PM
I don't care if someone gets my name wrong. Also, once again, out of context.

Read my exact words, then think about it, then respond. If you actually want to have a discussion, otherwise I assume you just want to be right and win arguments. Pointless arguments aren't worth my time, energy, or brain cells.

Same thing goes for Conner's aka indian assasin mans name.
You are ridiculous. You're not even bringing up any points, but rather dismissing them with meaningless excuses, such as "out of context" or "irrelevant", without even taking the slightest effort to clarify.

Using the correct spelling of even regular words is common courtesy, let alone when it's regarding someone's personal identification, even if said person is a fictional character. I would again refer to the points I made. They were direct responses you your statements and your excuses are not satisfactory answers.

His name is Connor. If it were part of a (good) joke it would be acceptable to use incorrect spelling, but else it's just a sign of lack of interest, effort or even stupidity.

frogger504
03-18-2012, 08:31 PM
Let's get back on the topic of liking Conner.

(Lack of interest)

Jexx21
03-18-2012, 08:32 PM
I get annoyed when that one person calls Connor, Hawke.

mostly because when I see that name I think Dragon Age II.

frogger504
03-18-2012, 09:00 PM
I get annoyed when that one person calls Connor, Hawke.

mostly because when I see that name I think Dragon Age II.

Hawke? Sounds cooler than Conner. Who calls him that?

Ubisoft should have done it! Or Kwahu/Antinanco.

Assassin_M
03-18-2012, 09:05 PM
conner

connor
connor
connor
connor
connor

Jexx21
03-18-2012, 09:06 PM
I wonder which name Connor identifies himself more with...

Connor or Ratohnhaké:ton?

LightRey
03-18-2012, 09:08 PM

Probably Connor, as he gave himself that name. It's possible though that he's only using that name to avoid being singled out as a Native.

Assassin_M
03-18-2012, 09:09 PM

If I were him Id go with the name that doesnt have "gay" in its pronunciation...

Jexx21
03-18-2012, 09:10 PM
but gay means happy!

LightRey
03-18-2012, 09:11 PM
but gay means happy!
Well maybe he's not happy at all. D:

Assassin_M
03-18-2012, 09:11 PM
but gay means happy!
No matter how much you say it, and no matter how much my teacher said.. I just cant think of gay as anything BUT Homosexual..

frogger504
03-18-2012, 09:12 PM
Probably Connor, as he gave himself that name. It's possible though that he's only using that name to avoid being singled out as a Native.

Most likely this.

No matter how much you say it, and no matter how much my teacher said.. I just cant think of gay as anything BUT Homosexual..

And the problem is...?

Jexx21
03-18-2012, 09:13 PM
Has it been confirmed that he gave himself the name Connor? Because unless you have a source I don't believe it.

LightRey
03-18-2012, 09:13 PM
And the problem is...?
That it sounds gay.

Assassin_M
03-18-2012, 09:15 PM
That it sounds gay.
More or less..
I gotta be careful with this guy, other wise he`s gonna think im gay..
just because i mentioned the word "Gay"

frogger504
03-18-2012, 09:17 PM
That it sounds gay.

I meant the problem with that.

Also, chill M, I'm not in an all out war against you. I ask you to stop.

Assassin_M
03-18-2012, 09:20 PM
I meant the problem with that.

Also, chill M, I'm not in an all out war against you. I ask you to stop.
Stop ? stop what huh ? are you on to something ? No I wasnt drinking..
Crap !! did i say that out loud ?

Ok im done..
And yes I dont like anything that sounds Gay..
with All due respect to the Homos here..

Tetsou88
03-18-2012, 09:22 PM
Well maybe he's not happy at all. D:

Would you be very happy after your family and friends were brutally murdered?

I honestly don't know whether or not I'll like Connor. I didn't really "like" Altair, but I hardly got any time with him, and Ezio has grown on me(his humor is great). But Connor is reported to be more serious and quiet, and I don't know whether or not I'll like him.

Assassin_M
03-18-2012, 09:28 PM

I honestly don't know whether or not I'll like Connor. I didn't really "like" Altair, but I hardly got any time with him, and Ezio has grown on me(his humor is great). But Connor is reported to be more serious and quiet, and I don't know whether or not I'll like him.
I kinda like the change from the flashy, funny, charming Ezio Auditore to the more Serious, straight-to-Business Connor

abbitha7
03-18-2012, 09:29 PM
I'm sure I'll grow to like Connor, although Ezio was a great character to play.

Also, LOL at people jumping down your throat, OP. I haven't been here long but it seems that some posters here like to lord over everyone who makes a little mistake...

Assassin_M
03-18-2012, 09:31 PM
I'm sure I'll grow to like Connor, although Ezio was a great character to play.

Also, LOL at people jumping down your throat, OP. I haven't been here long but it seems that some posters here like to lord over everyone who makes a little mistake...
Wow.. So my teacher was lording over me when she deducted a mark out of my Composition the other day for missing a coma ?
Im gonna ice that B***H !!

LightRey
03-18-2012, 09:33 PM

I'm not really worried. I liked both Ezio and Altaďr and really the series hasn't disappointed me seriously so far.

abbitha7
03-18-2012, 09:34 PM
Wow.. So my teacher was lording over me when she deducted a mark out of my Composition the other day for missing a coma ?
Im gonna ice that B***H !!

Haha. That's different and you know it. ;) A spelling mistake on a video game forum doesn't mean "disrespect" and there's certainly no need to go on posting about it for several pages.

Assassin_M
03-18-2012, 09:36 PM
Haha. That's different and you know it. ;) A spelling mistake on a video game forum doesn't mean "disrespect" and there's certainly no need to go on posting about it for several pages.
So what ? He is a details kinda guy and these small things are very sacred to him...
Its normal..

frogger504
03-18-2012, 09:38 PM
I'm not really worried. I liked both Ezio and Altaďr and really the series hasn't disappointed me seriously so far.

Same, I actually have a feeling that Conner will be my favorite Assassin

Assassin_M
03-18-2012, 09:39 PM
conner
connor

​write it a hundred times

frogger504
03-18-2012, 09:45 PM
ConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerCo nnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConn erConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConner ConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerCo nnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConn erConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConner ConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerCo nnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConn erConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConner ConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerCo nnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConn erConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConner Conner

I counted 100, doesn't change anything.

Assassin_M
03-18-2012, 09:46 PM
ConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerCo nnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConn erConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConner ConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerCo nnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConn erConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConner ConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerCo nnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConn erConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConner ConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerCo nnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConn erConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConnerConner Conner

I counted 100, doesn't change anything.
You`re funny you know that ?
I`d like to meet you in real life one day.. you`ll be seeing lots of stars..

frogger504
03-18-2012, 09:48 PM
You`re funny you know that ?
I`d like to meet you in real life one day.. you`ll be seeing lots of stars..

Woah woah, slow it down, No need to get upset.

Try meditating, really. It works, a lot.

Assassin_M
03-18-2012, 09:49 PM

Like I said..... lots of stars..

Tetsou88
03-18-2012, 10:01 PM

Woosahhhhh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hibtZPMF9D0

Tuuuu
03-18-2012, 10:02 PM
I like how this thread turned into a grammar discussion rather than talking about if you are going to like Connor (Happy now) or not

Assassin_M
03-18-2012, 10:04 PM
I like how this thread turned into a grammar discussion rather than talking about if you are going to like Connar (Happy now) or not
No.... Im not..
Its Connor

Eziolala
03-18-2012, 10:06 PM
When AC was first confirmed to be set in the American Revolution, I was more excited for modern day stuff, so I wasn't really worried about whether I liked Connor or not. After I saw the trailer...Well, now I'm equally excited about both the modern day setting and the American Revolution, and I really like Connor. :)

frogger504
03-18-2012, 10:09 PM
Woosahhhhh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hibtZPMF9D0

Meditating works for me, seriously it works...

*Woosahs*

Also, yeah. People here are obsessed with Proper Grammer

Eziolala
03-18-2012, 10:09 PM

Anyone up for some reconciliatory yoga? Anyone?

dxsxhxcx
03-18-2012, 10:17 PM
this will be a long year... :P

Tetsou88
03-18-2012, 10:22 PM

*Woosahs*

Technically, it's not about Grammar. If it was about Grammar he would be correcting your sentence structure, and use of coma's and periods. Rather he is pointing out the name being misspelled, which in all fairness is a valid point. Our first introduction to the name was through text, so after reading it the first time you should be able to spell it correctly. I can understand spelling it wrong if you heard it first, but if you see it in text you should be able to spell it correctly.

this will be a long year... :P

It'll be a long 7 months, after the game releases, I doubt I'll come back to the forums. I typically leave forums when the game is released(I did it for AC2, GTAIV, and Mercenaries 2).

frogger504
03-18-2012, 10:25 PM
Anyone up for some reconciliatory yoga? Anyone?

I'm down.

Tuuuu
03-18-2012, 10:28 PM
Technically, it's not about Grammar. If it was about Grammar he would be correcting your sentence structure, and use of coma's and periods. Rather he is pointing out the name being misspelled, which in all fairness is a valid point. Our first introduction to the name was through text, so after reading it the first time you should be able to spell it correctly. I can understand spelling it wrong if you heard it first, but if you see it in text you should be able to spell it correctly.

It'll be a long 7 months, after the game releases, I doubt I'll come back to the forums. I typically leave forums when the game is released(I did it for AC2, GTAIV, and Mercenaries 2).

People here also take things too seriously

Assassin_M
03-18-2012, 10:32 PM
People here also take things too seriously
Dont come talking to Drug dealers about Coke if you aint gonna be serious..
Pardon the ugly metaphor..

Jexx21
03-18-2012, 10:34 PM

*Woosahs*

grammar*

And it's more so spelling.

JumpInTheFire13
03-18-2012, 10:43 PM
Disrespectful?!

Two people at a restaraunt.
One person asks for H20. The other says, "I'll have H20, too." They both survive.
The next day, one person asks for H20. The other says, "I'll have H20 two." The second person dies.

Spelling definitely matters.

Jexx21
03-18-2012, 10:46 PM
One person asks for H20. The other says, "I'll have H20, too." They both survive.
The next day, one person asks for H20. The other says, "I'll have H20 two." The second person dies.

Grammar also matters.

Let's eat, children!

Let's eat children!

JumpInTheFire13
03-18-2012, 10:52 PM
Grammar also matters.

Let's eat, children!

Let's eat children!
Grammar saves lives.

Tetsou88
03-18-2012, 10:52 PM

This doesn't really work, you can't tell the difference between two and too if you're talking :P. Besides, who asks for H20 when ordering water? That's like saying "I'd like Dihydrogen Monoxide." And expecting someone to know what you're talking about.

As an aside, god I miss chemistry, twas my favorite High School Subject.

Also, for those who like grammar, and like satire, you should read "Eat, Shoots, and leaves" by Lynne Truss. Quite humorous.

freddie_1897
03-18-2012, 10:58 PM

Wow, way to be patronising, so he mispelled the name? Its not that big a deal, we know what he means, he would probably edit it if he could

itsamea-mario
03-18-2012, 11:04 PM
Connor seems like quite a cool character, can't wait to see more of him.

And he spelt connor with an A!?
Outrage!!! How the hell are we supposed to know what a Connar is!?

Seriously guys STFU, correcting spelling mistakes like that makes you look like pedantic arseholes.

freddie_1897
03-18-2012, 11:09 PM
^agreed

JumpInTheFire13
03-18-2012, 11:14 PM
Connor seems like quite a cool character, can't wait to see more of him.

And he spelt connor with an A!?
Outrage!!! How the hell are we supposed to know what a Connar is!?

Seriously guys STFU, correcting spelling mistakes like that makes you look like pedantic arseholes.

I don't mind if somebody makes a mistake, I'll just correct them and hope they take my advice. The problem is that frogger405 continues to spell it wrong even though he has been corrected several times.

frogger504
03-18-2012, 11:22 PM
I don't mind if somebody makes a mistake, I'll just correct them and hope they take my advice. The problem is that frogger405 continues to spell it wrong even though he has been corrected several times.

I just like spelling it like that, get over it. You all understand what I mean anyways.

morpheusPrime08
03-18-2012, 11:30 PM

With the exception of the Indian stuff? The "Indian stuff" makes him WAY more cultured and badass, idk, maybe its because I have native american roots in my family.

De Filosoof
03-18-2012, 11:38 PM
Let's hope Connur will be awesome:).
Hopefully he's not just a killing machine but philosophical, wise and intelligent like Altair and Ezio.

JumpInTheFire13
03-19-2012, 12:14 AM
I just like spelling it like that, get over it. You all understand what I mean anyways.
Okay then. From now on, I like spelling frogger504 as ****head.

Assassin_M
03-19-2012, 12:17 AM
I like that..

kriegerdesgottes
03-19-2012, 12:48 AM
*Native American

And don't even say it's acceptable to call him "Conner" or "Connar." Sure we know who they're talking about, but it's just as bad as people who say "Etzio" and "Altiar."

I'm super pumped to finally play as a new Assassin and I don't think I'll have any trouble becoming attached to him. The ending of Embers was sad as hell, but it was closure.

What does any of this have to do with my original post? Oh and btw, I don't believe in political correctness ;) I'm not a liberal. When I say Indian there is no animosity, bias, or even prejudice implied. That is just what they were called.

frogger504
03-19-2012, 12:50 AM
What does any of this have to do with my original post? Oh and btw, I don't believe in political correctness ;) I'm not a liberal. When I say Indian there is no animosity, bias, or even prejudice implied. That is just what they were called.

Esto

Conner is already my favorite somehow. I just know I will love the character.

JumpInTheFire13
03-19-2012, 01:01 AM
Honestly, I don't really care if people call them Indians or Natives. It just creates confusion because people don't know if you're talking about Natives or people from the country of India.

kriegerdesgottes
03-19-2012, 01:14 AM
Honestly, I don't really care if people call them Indians or Natives. It just creates confusion because people don't know if you're talking about Natives or people from the country of India.

Well I suppose that could cause confusion but I'm sure considering the setting and from the context of the conversation it's clear that I'm referring to Native Americans.

JumpInTheFire13
03-19-2012, 01:30 AM
Well I suppose that could cause confusion but I'm sure considering the setting and from the context of the conversation it's clear that I'm referring to Native Americans.
Indeed.

jmk1999
03-19-2012, 03:21 PM

yeah... let's not do that, please...

and for that matter, please stop swearing all the time. there's a reason it's censored: they don't want you using it. i can understand once in a while, but several of your posts contain censored words.

MaKaVeLiTL
03-19-2012, 03:24 PM
I already like Connor, probably won't have as much of a personality as Ezio but will probably be more likeable than the bland and boring Altair.

MaKaVeLiTL
03-19-2012, 03:37 PM

Probably because it's funny seeing how annoyed you no-lifes get over how he spells ConnAr.

LightRey
03-19-2012, 04:33 PM
Probably because it's funny seeing how annoyed you no-lifes get over how he spells ConnAr.
That's trolling, which is against the rules. Btw, so is double posting.

UrDeviant1
03-19-2012, 04:58 PM
Connair looks awesome, but he'll have a lot of convincing to do If he's gonna' overtake Ezio. The fact he's more of a predator bodes well IMO.

POP1Fan
03-19-2012, 05:04 PM
I think i will really like ConnOr, the whole native-american style makes him really unique.

Assassin_M
03-19-2012, 05:15 PM
Thats quite rude..

HSCOnyxAssassin
03-19-2012, 08:13 PM
[QUOTE=Tetsou88;8192226]Technically, it's not about Grammar. If it was about Grammar he would be correcting your sentence structure, and use of coma's and periods. Rather he is pointing out the name being misspelled, which in all fairness is a valid point. Our first introduction to the name was through text, so after reading it the first time you should be able to spell it correctly. I can understand spelling it wrong if you heard it first, but if you see it in text you should be able to spell it correctly.

This right here. If we had only learned of his name through any way other than in text I could understand, but froggers doing it to be a troll. At the same time, if he wants to be a troll and spell like hes still in second grade then let him. We DO know who he means we he says "Conner". ALL I have to say is don't feed the troll.

On topic, I think Connor will have a lot in common with Altair(Being of mixed descent, being the stoic, serious assassin) but I believe he'll grow into a mixture of Ezio and Altairs characters. He'll probably start off as serious and grim but over time I can see him lightening up,,,,or it could possibly be the reverse or maybe he wont change at all.

frogger504
03-19-2012, 09:06 PM
[QUOTE=Tetsou88;8192226]Technically, it's not about Grammar. If it was about Grammar he would be correcting your sentence structure, and use of coma's and periods. Rather he is pointing out the name being misspelled, which in all fairness is a valid point. Our first introduction to the name was through text, so after reading it the first time you should be able to spell it correctly. I can understand spelling it wrong if you heard it first, but if you see it in text you should be able to spell it correctly.

This right here. If we had only learned of his name through any way other than in text I could understand, but froggers doing it to be a troll. At the same time, if he wants to be a troll and spell like hes still in second grade then let him. We DO know who he means we he says "Conner". ALL I have to say is don't feed the troll.

On topic, I think Connor will have a lot in common with Altair(Being of mixed descent, being the stoic, serious assassin) but I believe he'll grow into a mixture of Ezio and Altairs characters. He'll probably start off as serious and grim but over time I can see him lightening up,,,,or it could possibly be the reverse or maybe he wont change at all.

I'm not trying to troll. When I first wrote Connor my auto-correct changed it to Conner, since then I was just used to spelling it that way. Even now it is trying to correct it to Conner.

HSCOnyxAssassin
03-19-2012, 10:33 PM
[QUOTE=roboshake;8193262]

I'm not trying to troll. When I first wrote Connor my auto-correct changed it to Conner, since then I was just used to spelling it that way. Even now it is trying to correct it to Conner.

Fair enough, but your responses in other posts seem "trolly".
Anyways, anyone else think that connors gonna have the sickest gadgets in the series?

JumpInTheFire13
03-19-2012, 11:01 PM
[QUOTE=frogger504;8193337]

Fair enough, but your responses in other posts seem "trolly".
Anyways, anyone else think that connors gonna have the sickest gadgets in the series?
Maybe not gadgets. Sickest skills, perhaps.

HSCOnyxAssassin
03-20-2012, 12:03 AM
[QUOTE=roboshake;8193486]

The gadgets question comes from some of the rumors I've heard ranging from a rope arrow, to a grappling hook type attachment for the hidden blade. But yes, I'm pretty certain he will have the sickest skills in the series.

MaKaVeLiTL
03-20-2012, 06:38 AM
That's trolling, which is against the rules. Btw, so is double posting.

Constantly jumping on people for stupid reasons, and making out anything anyone else says is wrong and that your word is gospel isn't?

frogger504
03-20-2012, 06:41 AM

I hope that the Grapple Blade is real, it would definitely add another level of depth and diversity to the game.

LightRey
03-20-2012, 11:34 AM
Constantly jumping on people for stupid reasons, and making out anything anyone else says is wrong and that your word is gospel isn't?
I don't "jump on people", I point out their mistakes, usually relevant to the discussion, unless they are already going off topic. I also don't preach that "my word is gospel". I focus on other people's mistakes, not the lack of mine.

In conclusion, no, I'm not breaking the rules. You, however, keep going off topic and are personally attacking me, which are 2 things that are against the rules.

Black_Widow9
03-21-2012, 02:44 AM
That's enough everyone! Play nice.

Phenom13117
03-21-2012, 03:48 AM

So you want him to be European and not Native American, the actual residents of North America before the Colonists took over their lands and encroached on their space? Personally, if he was just a European I would be completely disappointed with Ubisoft, clearly they are aiming for a balanced game which will show Connors roots, his origins and his motivation to get involved with those who are not necessarily good for him or his people and help their Independence struggle.

JRGplayer
01-06-2013, 11:02 AM
Altiair: i didn't care for Altair or AC1 when it came out, I'm a big Indiana Jones fan so it's hard to grasp the Knights like in the Last Crusade were evil and at the time well when you seen an Arab assassin you think of well.... you get the picture. The missing finger creeps me out. The anti hero.

Ezio: he started out being a rich play-boyish guy like Bruce Wayne and had an Alter ego to match which is relatable to childhood filled with Detective Comics and Batman. Plus he was very much a detective in the game. The dark costume is the best of all of them and I guess I like Ezio as a person and not just an assassin, Altair was to hardcore killer for me. The superhero.

Connor: What can you say about him .....he's a good ol American. Plus the Revolutionary War and American History in general is AWESOME and GW. Connor is like a Dirty Harry fighter with a Luke Skywalker background. You can't deny Luke and Connor are very similar...the wise old masters, the burning homes, the evil psycho dad that's relatable and even the parents are almost the same and he's a rebel so in essence he's a realistic Luke and being a Star Wars fan that's awesome. The only thing I wish Connor had we're Ezio's dark costume. The classic American hero type.