PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Characters' Stories, how did their genetic memories pass on?

Ezio_ilMentore
03-18-2012, 04:27 AM
Altair, Ezio, and Connor... These are the ansestors of Desmond Miles. He has viewed their lives through the Animus, the Animus 2.0, and yet to view Connor's in the Animus 3.0.
How does the Animus work is that it replays genetic memories. Which means these memories are ofcorse stored within the DNA.

These genetic memories are passed down to the descendants...
For instance, Altair had children with Maria Thorpe... Darim went west and the Auditores came to existance... Ezio hand children with Sofia, and their bloodline continues generations after generations.
Only through THIS, can Desmond view the genetic memories of both Altair, Ezio, and Connor.

Here's what I do not understand... How did Abstergos get the genetic memories of those multiplayer characters that we play as all the time?

Most of these characters, such as Cahin (the Harlequin), Caha (the Hellequin), Fiora (the Cortesan, maybe she was killed by Cesare), Il Lupo (the Prowler), Malfatto (The Doctor), Mirela (the Trickster), etc., all have DIED before they even had children.

If their genes are not passed on, how did Abstergo even manage to obtain their genetic memories? It just doesn't make any sense.

Or does it work this way... they've obtained the memories of Assassins like Ezio. Ezio have met many "Templar agents" such as Lia de Russo, Il Carnifice, and Malfatto, therefore their movements linger within his memory.
Abstergo uses Ezio's memories to obtain the needed actions to create those Animus avatars...

Does it work like that, or is there something else?

Moryarity
03-18-2012, 07:50 PM
Did you ever look at the introduction to the first MP?

It is said, that the MP is a virtual training program for Abstergo agents so they can train their abilities. They are not replaying someones memories...or do you think that those pople did over and over again ;)

JumpInTheFire13
03-18-2012, 11:56 PM
Moryarity basically nailed it. But I have one more thing to say. Judging by this quote:

These genetic memories are passed down to the descendants...
For instance, Altair had children with Maria Thorpe... Darim went west and the Auditores came to existance... Ezio hand children with Sofia, and their bloodline continues generations after generations.
Only through THIS, can Desmond view the genetic memories of both Altair, Ezio, and Connor.
It seems like you think Altair, Ezio, and Connor are all related.

Assassin_M
03-18-2012, 11:58 PM
Moryarity basically nailed it. But I have one more thing to say. Judging by this quote:

It seems like you think Altair, Ezio, and Connor are all related.
Indeed, I was gonna say the same thing :D
as far as we know Ezio and Altair arent, we still dont know about Connor for sure..

SaintPerkele
03-19-2012, 12:37 AM
Speaking of this.. Was it ever mentioned anywhere how exactly the DDS worked? You know, the thing we used in Project Legacy.

I'm pretty sure that there are at least some cases in which the people never had ancestors, Mario Auditore or probably Fiora Cavazza for example. Who does it work in their case?

Assassin_M
03-19-2012, 12:39 AM
Speaking of this.. Was it ever mentioned anywhere how exactly the DDS worked? You know, the thing we used in Project Legacy.

I'm pretty sure that there are at least some cases in which the people never had ancestors, Mario Auditore or probably Fiora Cavazza for example. Who does it work in their case?
Descendants*
maybe Mario had an illegitimate child, its not entirely disclosed..
And Fiora was a *****..... need I say more ?

frogger504
03-19-2012, 12:41 AM
Descendants*
And maybe Mario had an illegitimate child, its not entirely disclosed..

I know that Ezio did, and it was probably with Caterina

Assassin_M
03-19-2012, 12:45 AM
I know that Ezio did, and it was probably with Caterina
Not possible..
When Abstergo were forcing 16 to relive Ezio`s memories, 16 was no longer following ezio BEFORE he found the Vault..
Thats why Abstergo got Desmond..
and even If its not necessarily 16`s Ancestor, I`d to stick with actual history that Caterina had no offspring Auditore..

Jexx21
03-19-2012, 03:58 AM
The DDS is letting other people live the lives of other people's ancestral memories.

I always assumed that they got the genetic memories of the Templars in MP from certain people.

frogger504
03-19-2012, 04:23 AM
Not possible..
When Abstergo were forcing 16 to relive Ezio`s memories, 16 was no longer following ezio BEFORE he found the Vault..
and even If its not necessarily 16`s Ancestor, I`d to stick with actual history that Caterina had no offspring Auditore..

Wasn't he wit Caterina before the Vault? Like during the DLC? I just say that because I heard somewhere that the real Caterina Sforza had a secret child who's father was never revealed.

JumpInTheFire13
03-19-2012, 05:03 AM
Not possible..
Where did you get that from?

Assassin_M
03-19-2012, 09:39 AM
Wasn't he wit Caterina before the Vault? Like during the DLC? I just say that because I heard somewhere that the real Caterina Sforza had a secret child who's father was never revealed.
I think in the DLC Ezio was too much unconscious for him to sleep with Caterina, the only possibility of that happening is if Caterina raped Ezio :rolleyes:

Where did you get that from?
I can`t say exactly or quote, but.. its mentioned in AC II by Lucy I think.
The Encyclopedia also talks about it..

frogger504
03-19-2012, 09:52 AM
I think in the DLC Ezio was too much unconscious for him to sleep with Caterina, the only possibility of that happening is if Caterina raped Ezio :rolleyes:

I can`t say exactly or quote, but.. its mentioned in AC II by Lucy I think.
The Encyclopedia also talks about it..

Ah, he never got a reward for saving her children? Well he got it later anyways...

Also, are you sure that Clay didn't just off himself before Vidic got the chance to do it? Remember that 16 was able to leave clues in Rome for Desmond...

Assassin_M
03-19-2012, 10:04 AM
Ah, he never got a reward for saving her children? Well he got it later anyways...

Also, are you sure that Clay didn't just off himself before Vidic got the chance to do it? Remember that 16 was able to leave clues in Rome for Desmond...
Its not the locations, its the Animus 1.28 memory Core..
Clay placed these in the Animus system, the Assassins learned that Clay had managed to hack the Abstergo Animus before his death, and had placed twenty Glyphs (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Glyphs) throughout the Animus system, which were subsequently rendered in the visual memories. These encrypted files, which had been saved onto the Abstergo Animus' memory core that Lucy had stolen.. Also in the Lost Archive, Vidic mentions Desmond as a Descendant of Ezio even before Clay`s death..
Meaning that Clay`s viewing of Ezio`s memories was no longer possible BEFORE he died..

frogger504
03-19-2012, 10:08 AM
Ah, okay.

SaintPerkele
03-19-2012, 04:54 PM
The DDS is letting other people live the lives of other people's ancestral memories.
So how would they get the memories of someone who didn't have any descendants (learn from your mistakes :D)?

About Fiora - she was a prostitute until she worked for Cesare Borgia. Since we can relive these memories, she must have had a child later on in her life, probably after having joined the Assassins. I'm not saying that's impossible, but I rather think that Ubisoft didn't really think that through. I don't mind though, since I enjoyed some of the PL stories more than the stories of the actual games. Plotholes exist in ever franchise.

LightRey
03-19-2012, 05:00 PM
So how would they get the memories of someone who didn't have any descendants (learn from your mistakes :D)?

About Fiora - she was a prostitute until she worked for Cesare Borgia. Since we can relive these memories, she must have had a child later on in her life, probably after having joined the Assassins. I'm not saying that's impossible, but I rather think that Ubisoft didn't really think that through. I don't mind though, since I enjoyed some of the PL stories more than the stories of the actual games. Plotholes exist in ever franchise.
It's possible that they aren't the memories of those exact people, but rather of people that were around them at the time. That would explain why the DDS is needed, since it would require the genetic memories of a large number of people to track the life of one person. It's somewhat supported by the fact that sometimes the perspective changes from one "ancestor" to another in the same memory.

This doesn't really explain why we get to know their thoughts though. It's possible that maybe something like Eagle Vision/Sense is involved, but it could also be that their thoughts are "estimated" based on the observations of the "actual" ancestors.

Madman6884
03-19-2012, 05:18 PM
That was the impression I'd always gotten. The whole program is basically data compiled from all of their Animus test subjects (namely Subjects 1 - 17, or at whatever point they started to provide useful data). This information would include locations they'd been to (which allows them to construct the maps for multiplayer), Templar agents they'd dealt with (the characters you can choose from), and the Assassin's skills (because clearly, not every multiplayer character had freerunning or other assassin abilities).
Long story short, they're all just animus constructs used as a way for a person to experience the bleeding effect without directly living an assassin's life. No risk of them being 'converted'.

Assassin_M
03-19-2012, 05:30 PM
That was the impression I'd always gotten. The whole program is basically data compiled from all of their Animus test subjects (namely Subjects 1 - 17, or at whatever point they started to provide useful data). This information would include locations they'd been to (which allows them to construct the maps for multiplayer), Templar agents they'd dealt with (the characters you can choose from), and the Assassin's skills (because clearly, not every multiplayer character had freerunning or other assassin abilities).
Long story short, they're all just animus constructs used as a way for a person to experience the bleeding effect without directly living an assassin's life. No risk of them being 'converted'.
Your Username is quite Ironic :D

frogger504
03-19-2012, 05:40 PM
Your Username is quite Ironic :D

lol