PDA

View Full Version : Parkour

JumpInTheFire13
03-17-2012, 11:48 PM
I've been doing parkour for over a year, but I only started taking it seriously and actually training about a month ago. Assassin's Creed was one of the major reasons why I started. Ezio and Altair inspired me :). So, do any of you do parkour?

Kit572
03-18-2012, 06:45 AM
I do parkour, not much because there aren't any good locations were i live.

Parkour was one of the reasons why i fell in love with assassins creed.

frogger504
03-18-2012, 06:51 AM
Well no, but I was inspired by AC to go to Istanbul (Constantinople), well worth it.

I also plan on starting Skydiving training soon, so eventually, once I have at least 20 jumps I can fly above Dubai, and do a Leap Of Faith down to the Island.

Kit572
03-18-2012, 06:58 AM
Well no, but I was inspired by AC to go to Istanbul (Constantinople), well worth it.

I also plan on starting Skydiving training soon, so eventually, once I have at least 20 jumps I can fly above Dubai, and do a Leap Of Faith down to the Island.

If i wasn't afraid of heights i would do Leap of faith skydiving... Actually i'm not afraid of heights, only when it involves me FALLING TO THE GROUND.

frogger504
03-18-2012, 07:02 AM
If i wasn't afraid of heights i would do Leap of faith skydiving... Actually i'm not afraid of heights, only when it involves me FALLING TO THE GROUND.

Haha, I used to be too, then I fell off something I can't seem to remember now, once I saw I lived, the fear kind of left.

This summer I'm doing a round the country (USA) road trip and plan on doing a Leap Of Faith into the Grand Canyon.

Kit572
03-18-2012, 07:07 AM
a Leap Of Faith into the Grand Canyon.

Hehe, that would be bad-***.

frogger504
03-18-2012, 07:10 AM
Hehe, that would be bad-***.

Of course I will have a rope attached to my foot.

Kit572
03-18-2012, 07:13 AM
Of course I will have a rope attached to my foot.

We'll, yeah i guess that ruins the feeling a bit. D=

Perform a leap of faith,
Stop halfway down.

:l

frogger504
03-18-2012, 07:19 AM
We'll, yeah i guess that ruins the feeling a bit. D=

Perform a leap of faith,
Stop halfway down.

:l

Well... I have no problem doing a Leap, but unlike the game, in reality a Leap from that Height into the Water, you will hit the seafloor, and it will not be pretty.

JumpInTheFire13
03-18-2012, 07:21 AM
Well... I have no problem doing a Leap, but unlike the game, in reality a Leap from that Height into the Water, you will hit the seafloor, and it will not be pretty.
Hitting water from that high alone, no matter how deep it is, would not be pretty.

Kit572
03-18-2012, 07:23 AM
Hitting water from that high alone, no matter how deep it is, would not be pretty.

But if it was raining, then thats another thing...

Or am i wrong?

frogger504
03-18-2012, 07:34 AM
But if it was raining, then thats another thing...

Or am i wrong?

500 foot drop, small river.

JumpInTheFire13
03-18-2012, 07:39 AM
Can we please get back on topic now

Kit572
03-18-2012, 07:39 AM
500 foot drop, small river.

I was referring to other rivers/oceans/etc.

Like jumping off that bridge in sydney into the water while it is raining... I can't remember the name which is insulting because i am australian myself...

frogger504
03-18-2012, 07:40 AM
Can we please get back on topic now

It's still relevant to the OP.

Kit572
03-18-2012, 07:42 AM
I think we should get back on topic before we get in trouble or something :O

JumpInTheFire13
03-18-2012, 07:46 AM
It's still relevant to the OP.
Not really. I asked if anybody on the forums does parkour, and you're discussing whether or not you would die if you fell into water from a certain height.

Kit572
03-18-2012, 07:49 AM
Not really. I asked if anybody on the forums does parkour, and you're discussing whether or not you would die if you fell into water from a certain height.

^this

frogger504
03-18-2012, 07:50 AM
I was referring to other rivers/oceans/etc.

Like jumping off that bridge in sydney into the water while it is raining... I can't remember the name which is insulting because i am australian myself...

Eh, I can't remember much around my own places, no big deal

I personally can't wait to Leap Of Faith off of the plane in Dubai.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFEN7BQ7Zus

As for parkour, I've considered trying it, not too seriously though. Although I like the idea of it. May look into it soon.

Kit572
03-18-2012, 07:52 AM
As for parkour, I've considered trying it, not too seriously though. Although I like the idea of it. May look into it soon.

Parkour is pretty fun, been doing it since i was a kid with my cousin.

JumpInTheFire13
03-18-2012, 08:21 AM
Parkour is pretty fun, been doing it since i was a kid with my cousin.
I think everybody did parkour when they were a kid without even knowing it. It's just that somewhere along the way most people quit doing it for any number of reasons.

blazefp
03-18-2012, 02:02 PM
I occasionally do parkour. I mean I don't train or anything like it but whenever someone says "This is too **** high, I'm going to use the stairs" I think "Challenge accepted" and after 1 or 2 seconds - "Challenge completed" xD I don't just fall, I can overcome high obstacles and all that stuff you see in parkour videos. Not all, but a part of it at least. That's why they call me monkey man in my class xD My only prob is that I have no one else to do this with :(
And yeah it was AC that created this jumpy bug on me, and I have only to thanks Ubi for it *thumbs up"

Acrimonious_Nin
03-18-2012, 03:46 PM
lol I was doing parkour and I was climbing a tree (actually jumping from one on the other because they were close enough, I'll tell you that is fun beyond all reason) >_> people that were sitting near by were staring and all I could think is '' that is totally the attention the assassins get, strange stares and people questioning your behavior'' lmao XD fun times.

JumpInTheFire13
03-23-2012, 02:25 AM
lol I was doing parkour and I was climbing a tree (actually jumping from one on the other because they were close enough, I'll tell you that is fun beyond all reason) >_> people that were sitting near by were staring and all I could think is '' that is totally the attention the assassins get, strange stares and people questioning your behavior'' lmao XD fun times.
Sounds fun haha you must have felt like Connor!

Master_Rahl
03-23-2012, 08:13 AM
I've been practicing parkour for a little over a year, myself. I had always liked it, but I never knew much about it. Till I started playing the Assassin's Creed games. I ended up looking moves up, et cetera, and finding out more about those moves. For the past few months I've gotten into it MUCH more, I go to the park at least two or three times a week and practice. Sometimes with friends, but often alone.

When other people are at the park, they always end up staring at me and then asking me how I'm doing all of it, haha. It really is like in the game, with all of the people staring and going "What is that madman doing?"

JumpInTheFire13
03-31-2012, 12:14 AM
I've been practicing parkour for a little over a year, myself. I had always liked it, but I never knew much about it. Till I started playing the Assassin's Creed games. I ended up looking moves up, et cetera, and finding out more about those moves. For the past few months I've gotten into it MUCH more, I go to the park at least two or three times a week and practice. Sometimes with friends, but often alone.

When other people are at the park, they always end up staring at me and then asking me how I'm doing all of it, haha. It really is like in the game, with all of the people staring and going "What is that madman doing?"
I always get strange looks from people too. It's such a different mindset when doing parkour though. I also BMX, and when I do that I usually just try stuff and don't care if I get hurt too bad. But when I do parkour I'm more careful, but at the same time it makes me feel more confident in myself.

RebeccaLH
03-31-2012, 12:46 AM
I have no strength whatsoever and cant even win arm wrestles using both arms so would have no chance at doing it.

Running about and climbing like a monkey sounds like fun.:rolleyes:

JumpInTheFire13
04-01-2012, 12:04 AM
I have no strength whatsoever and cant even win arm wrestles using both arms so would have no chance at doing it.

Running about and climbing like a monkey sounds like fun.:rolleyes:
It is! I was really weak too. My friends at school could easily toss me around. But when I started parkour I got more motivated to train so that I could be better at parkour, and now my friends also think I'm stronger. It's really rewarding. I used to play lots of sports but none of them gave me the feeling I get from parkour.