PDA

View Full Version : [Spoiler] Assassin's Creed: Revelations Ending Question

euclid47
03-17-2012, 11:17 PM
This may have already been answered and I apologize in advance if this is a duplicate thread.

After thinking about the ending for sometime and the focus on the woman with a child during the fall of the First Civilization, would that woman be Eve, the man running toward her Adam and the baby the first in the line of Assassins?

Look at Eve from AC:2 'The Truth' here: http://youtu.be/A-bibDttnQE?t=13s

Look at AC:R woman here: http://youtu.be/szdeY20SJmw?t=9m44s

brick177
03-17-2012, 11:25 PM
It has been talked about, but not in a while. I thought this too when I saw it. The resemblance is quite significant I think. Hopefully we find out the significance in AC3.

JumpInTheFire13
03-17-2012, 11:56 PM
All shall be revealed in AC3... I hope. Welcome to the forums... Finally, somebody new who has good grammar.

pacmanate
03-17-2012, 11:58 PM
All shall be revealed in AC3... I hope. Welcome to the forums... Finally, somebody new who has good grammar.

Either that or he has a google translator from 2059

pirate1802
03-18-2012, 07:19 AM
I've been thinking about this for a while. They look very similar! :O

JumpInTheFire13
03-18-2012, 07:24 AM
Made me giggle :o

Kit572
03-18-2012, 07:34 AM

xD

Assassin_M
03-18-2012, 07:59 AM
I think Eve was pretty busy having a war with TWCB to be wondering around in their city among their people wearing their clothes, dont you think ?

frogger504
03-18-2012, 08:14 AM
I think Eve was pretty busy having a war with TWCB to be wondering around in their city among their people wearing their clothes, dont you think ?

I think the war was over at that time, something about working to save the world?

Also, can't the freer of Human Slaves take a day off to stroll with her baby in the city? I imagine that by that time they started wearing clothes. For all we know, that Eve [if it's her], could be a hundred years older than the one in that first video.

Assassin_M
03-18-2012, 08:23 AM
I think the war was over at that time, something about working to save the world?

Also, can't the freer of Human Slaves take a day off to stroll with her baby in the city? I imagine that by that time they started wearing clothes. For all we know, that Eve [if it's her], could be a hundred years older than the one in that first video.
"So busy were we with earthly concerns we failed to notice the heavens" -Minerva
The war wasnt over, it couldnt have been over.... ok ok how would it be over ?

frogger504
03-18-2012, 08:34 AM
"So busy were we with earthly concerns we failed to notice the heavens" -Minerva
The war wasnt over, it couldnt have been over.... ok ok how would it be over ?

Alright, it wasn't over. Doesn't mean one person is going to be at the front lines 24/7 for countless years.
Especially not with baby.

Assassin_M
03-18-2012, 08:36 AM
Alright, it wasn't over. Doesn't mean one person is going to be at the front lines 24/7 for countless years.
Especially not with baby.
So If my country was having a war with yours and i was a soldier during the beginning of the war and after 10 years or so the war was still on and im retired, does that make it ok for me to be strolling around in your country ?

pirate1802
03-18-2012, 09:06 AM
so if my country was having a war with yours and i was a soldier during the beginning of the war and after 10 years or so the war was still on and im retired, does that make it ok for me to be strolling around in your country ?

lol!

frogger504
03-18-2012, 09:19 AM
So If my country was having a war with yours and i was a soldier during the beginning of the war and after 10 years or so the war was still on and im retired, does that make it ok for me to be strolling around in your country ?

Uhm, I don't see why not?

Also, using that metaphor, it'd be your own country so to say. It was a Human City after all.

Assassin_M
03-18-2012, 09:27 AM
Uhm, I don't see why not?

Also, using that metaphor, it'd be your own country so to say. It was a Human City after all.
That didnt look like a human city to me..
and why not ? please.. during the months following 9/11 no arab or even arab look alike could walk in a street in New York without being harassed physically or verbally..

frogger504
03-18-2012, 09:30 AM
That didnt look like a human city to me..
and why not ? please.. during the months following 9/11 no arab or even arab look alike could walk in a street in New York without being harassed physically or verbally..

Didn't mean they couldn't take a stroll. Things aren't so bad, gosh.

Do you really think she wouldn't have time to take a stroll with her baby at some point in her life?

Assassin_M
03-18-2012, 09:32 AM
Didn't mean they couldn't take a stroll. Things aren't so bad, gosh.

Do you really think she wouldn't have time to take a stroll with her baby at some point in her life?
In enemy territory ? no

frogger504
03-18-2012, 09:41 AM
In enemy territory ? no

You are talking as if it was some type of military base, it was a civilian city.
Also, did those look like TWCB? They were humans, in a human city. One statue of TWCB doesn't make it one of their cities.

Also, it was a darnded stroll. People in reality aren't so hostile. In reality, what do you think would happen if some random Arab walked across the street to get some groceries in 2001?

I've lived near an Arab Grocery Store for well over a decade, there's never been a problem, I see/saw them all the time.

Assassin_M
03-18-2012, 09:45 AM
You are talking as if it was some type of military base, it was a civilian city.
Also, did those look like TWCB? They were humans, in a human city. One statue of TWCB doesn't make it one of their cities.

Also, it was a darnded stroll. People in reality aren't so hostile. In reality, what do you think would happen if some random Arab walked across the street to get some groceries in 2001?

I've lived near an Arab Grocery Store for well over a decade, there's never been a problem, I see/saw them all the time.
In 2001 there were ALOT of hate crimes, thats first..
second, Humans were nothing more than a docile work force, how could they have built this futuristic city and just after the Solar Flare come to live as nomads and hunters ? wearing animal skin as clothes and living in caves..

frogger504
03-18-2012, 09:50 AM
In 2001 there were ALOT of hate crimes, thats first..
second, Humans were nothing more than a docile work force, how could they have built this futuristic city and just after the Solar Flare come to live as nomads and hunters ? wearing animal skin as clothes and living in caves..

We don't know how long it was after they were freed that the Solar Flare happened, it could have been hundreds of years.

Also, sure there were hate crimes, didn't mean people hid in their houses 24/7/365

Assassin_M
03-18-2012, 09:56 AM
We don't know how long it was after they were freed that the Solar Flare happened, it could have been hundreds of years.

Also, sure there were hate crimes, didn't mean people hid in their houses 24/7/365
You`re missing the point..
How could the humans have been so advanced, and yet after, as you say 100 years, be so.... primitive ??
and besides Jupiter said "who were we ? what became of us ?" right before showing Desmond that vision..

frogger504
03-18-2012, 10:05 AM
You`re missing the point..
How could the humans have been so advanced, and yet after, as you say 100 years, be so.... primitive ??
and besides Jupiter said "who were we ? what became of us ?" right before showing Desmond that vision..

The discussion was on Eve taking a stroll. I'm too tired to start with an in depth discussion on that right now. It's very well possible. I'll leave this; What we are, look at the advancement in 200 years. We are what we are from 700-1500 years. Also, technology and knowledge can be lost. We have no idea how long it was since the Humans were freed up to their destruction, and from their destruction to AD time.

Now reflect on that while I enjoy bliss sleep. I'll jump back into the conversation in about 3 pages.

Assassin_M
03-18-2012, 10:09 AM
The discussion was on Eve taking a stroll. I'm too tired to start with an in depth discussion on that right now. It's very well possible. I'll leave this; What we are, look at the advancement in 200 years. We are what we are from 700-1500 years. Also, technology and knowledge can be lost. We have no idea how long it was since the Humans were freed up to their destruction, and from their destruction to AD time.

Now reflect on that while I enjoy bliss sleep. I'll jump back into the conversation in about 3 pages.
There is tons of evidence suggesting that these werent humans..
1-The clothing
2-The setting
3-Jupiter`s words
4-The Statue
5-The buildings

What proof do you have that these are Normal Humans ?
and Im not quite ready to let this go yet..

frogger504
03-18-2012, 10:15 AM
and Im not quite ready to let this go yet..

Tough

Assassin_M
03-18-2012, 10:48 AM
Tough
I thought you were going to sleep ?:D

infamous_ezio
03-18-2012, 11:31 AM
I always thought about this when I passed ACR. Interesting, might have some significance in AC3, but at this point we can't really say much considering we know so little about eve.

brick177
03-18-2012, 01:35 PM
I thought the statues were a dead give-away that it was a human city. TWCB were worshiped as gods by the Humans. Why would TWCB have statues of themselves?

infamous_ezio
03-18-2012, 04:26 PM
I thought the statues were a dead give-away that it was a human city. TWCB were worshiped as gods by the Humans. Why would TWCB have statues of themselves?

From my understanding at that time TWCB were at war with the humans because they rebelled. I'm not 100% sure.

LightRey
03-18-2012, 06:34 PM
Not this again. First of all they don't really look that similar at all and since the AC graphics aren't exactly top notch there is little to use for detailed comparison. Moreover, this is quite obviously a high-tech city and it's therefore very likely that it was owned by TWCB (also signified by statues of TWCB). We know that, save for a few ("those who learned to turn away from war"), at the time of the disaster TWCB were at war with the humans, a war which was caused by Adam and Eve to begin with, and the very advantage TWCB had over humans was their technology, which would have meant that they would have lost that advantage (and therefore most likely the war) if they no longer had that technological superiority. That, accompanied by the fact that if humans ever had any advanced technology at the time, they must have lost it again, which seems an unlikely scenario, strongly indicates that the city we can see is a TWCB city and the people in it were likely TWCB, including said woman.

There's also the problem that Eve lived in EDEN, which, considering the very clear resemblance between the mountain we can see at the end of The Truth and Mt. Kilimanjaro, the fact that EDEN not at all looked like the city we saw in ACR and the fact that humans supposedly migrated from Africa, means that Eve most likely lived in Africa, not New York.

There's just far too little evidence to suggest that this woman is even of any significance to the story as she just seems to represent the (practical) entirety of TWCB being wiped out by the disaster with her carrying her baby and all, so I see absolutely no good reason to suspect her of being Eve, especially considering the contradictory evidence I provided above. Just because 2 people who both lived in a period from about 77,000 to 100,000 years ago kinda look alike doesn't mean they are likely to be the same person. It's less likely than claiming that, based purely on what (we think) they looked like, Jesus and Cesare Borgia were the same person.

euclid47
03-18-2012, 08:46 PM
Not this again. First of all they don't really look that similar at all and since the AC graphics aren't exactly top notch there is little to use for detailed comparison. Moreover, this is quite obviously a high-tech city and it's therefore very likely that it was owned by TWCB (also signified by statues of TWCB). We know that, save for a few ("those who learned to turn away from war"), at the time of the disaster TWCB were at war with the humans, a war which was caused by Adam and Eve to begin with, and the very advantage TWCB had over humans was their technology, which would have meant that they would have lost that advantage (and therefore most likely the war) if they no longer had that technological superiority. That, accompanied by the fact that if humans ever had any advanced technology at the time, they must have lost it again, which seems an unlikely scenario, strongly indicates that the city we can see is a TWCB city and the people in it were likely TWCB, including said woman.

There's also the problem that Eve lived in EDEN, which, considering the very clear resemblance between the mountain we can see at the end of The Truth and Mt. Kilimanjaro, the fact that EDEN not at all looked like the city we saw in ACR and the fact that humans supposedly migrated from Africa, means that Eve most likely lived in Africa, not New York.

There's just far too little evidence to suggest that this woman is even of any significance to the story as she just seems to represent the (practical) entirety of TWCB being wiped out by the disaster with her carrying her baby and all, so I see absolutely no good reason to suspect her of being Eve, especially considering the contradictory evidence I provided above. Just because 2 people who both lived in a period from about 77,000 to 100,000 years ago kinda look alike doesn't mean they are likely to be the same person. It's less likely than claiming that, based purely on what (we think) they looked like, Jesus and Cesare Borgia were the same person.

To pose as argument 'Eve' and the AC:R 'woman' is less likely than Jesus and Cesare is a false statement. Because we do know the exact time line of Cesare and Jesus, we can rule out any possibility of Jesus and Cesare being the same person.

Also, because we have in game graphics of both Eve and 'the woman', the significance placed on Eve within the story, and an understanding that game graphics differ from game to game due to technology, graphic artists, and other influences, I believe it is a good and interesting possibility these two women could be the same person. It also seems, in my humble opinion, an awesome way by the AC team to weave in and out the story line of Eve.

On a lighter note, this is still video game and one that has such a wonderful story line which allows people to critically think and debate about many points. I do not believe I have played one with such an involved story line. Does anyone know of a game with a more involved and intense story?

LightRey
03-18-2012, 08:54 PM
To pose as argument 'Eve' and the AC:R 'woman' is less likely than Jesus and Cesare is a false statement. Because we do know the exact time line of Cesare and Jesus, we can rule out any possibility of Jesus and Cesare being the same person.

Also, because we have in game graphics of both Eve and 'the woman', the significance placed on Eve within the story, and an understanding that game graphics differ from game to game due to technology, graphic artists, and other influences, I believe it is a good and interesting possibility these two women could be the same person. It also seems, in my humble opinion, an awesome way by the AC team to weave in and out the story line of Eve.

On a lighter note, this is still video game and one that has such a wonderful story line which allows people to critically think and debate about many points. I do not believe I have played one with such an involved story line. Does anyone know of a game with a more involved and intense story?

I said based only on how they looked, which basically means: if all the information you had was the fact that they looked like each other and lived, say, somewhere between the year 1 and the year 2000, you'd be more likely to be true (obviously you aren't, but that's why I used this example, because it so obviously shows how unlikely this is to be true).

For the last freaking time: there is no great significance placed on Eve throughout the story. She is only mentioned 3 times in the entire series and each of those times was in a side segment related to the same person (S16). Just because it changes doesn't mean it's suddenly more likely to be true. That's like saying a low res pic of the Mona Lisa is a better way to signify the differences between the actual painting and a random, bad doodle than when using the actual original.

You can debate this all you want. I'm not saying you shouldn't talk about this. Not at all in fact. However, I'm just clarifying just how immensely unlikely this theory actually is and the last time I checked I was allowed to do that in a discussion, or is it that you only want to hear people agree with you?

Assassin_M
03-18-2012, 09:00 PM
Why just why do people like that exist ?
this is like saying "When I flush the toilet i dont see the crap, its out of my sight.. so maybe the crap meets another crap and they have a council of craps to determine the future of my toilet"

frogger504
03-18-2012, 09:03 PM
Why just why do people like that exist ?
this is like saying "When I flush the toilet i dont see the crap, its out of my sight.. so maybe the crap meets another crap and they have a council of craps to determine the future of my toilet"

Because the world is diverse and doesn't follow any guidelines, which leads to people being born different.

Short story shorter, people are different.

LightRey
03-18-2012, 09:05 PM
Because the world is diverse and doesn't follow any guidelines, which leads to people being born different.

He's actually asking for a reason, not a cause.

Assassin_M
03-18-2012, 09:06 PM

You are not different, you are Paranoid..
You see a rat in Ezio`s house and its a whole story all of a sudden..

Jexx21
03-18-2012, 09:12 PM
My crap does meet up with other craps.

But my crap doesn't like those craps.

So he's a loner crap. Then he gets eaten by fishies.

Assassin_M
03-18-2012, 09:13 PM
My crap does meet up with other craps.

But my crap doesn't like those craps.

So he's a loner crap. Then he gets eaten by fishies.
Poor fishies..

frogger504
03-18-2012, 09:14 PM
You are not different, you are Paranoid..
You see a rat in Ezio`s house and its a whole story all of a sudden..

That discussion has nothing to do with this one...

He's actually asking for a reason, not a cause.

Aren't they the same?

rea·son/ˈrēzən/
Noun:
A cause, explanation, or justification for an action or event.
Verb:
Think, understand, and form judgments by a process of logic: "humans do not reason entirely from facts"; "the reasoning behind the review".

Assassin_M
03-18-2012, 09:17 PM

What ? we actually had a discussion about a rat in Ezio`s house ?

LightRey
03-18-2012, 09:24 PM

Aren't they the same?

rea·son/ˈrēzən/
Noun:
A cause, explanation, or justification for an action or event.
Verb:
Think, understand, and form judgments by a process of logic: "humans do not reason entirely from facts"; "the reasoning behind the review".

Not sure where you got that definition from, but a reason is referring to the "why" of something, while the cause is referring to a "how" of something. There is some overlap, especially if you're talking about meta-systems, but in this case he was asking for the reason these people exist (for example, if god were responsible, the reason he chose to allow these people to exist would be a valid answer), not the basic result of the laws of nature that causes the fact that people are different.

frogger504
03-18-2012, 09:33 PM
Ah, okay.

Assassin_M
03-18-2012, 09:38 PM
Ah, okay.
You need to take a class in Communication Skills, seriously