PDA

View Full Version : ACR Poison Stun Annoyance

CrysisSergent
03-17-2012, 04:59 AM
Dear Ubisoft,
For the following reasons could you please change the poison-stun trick in Multiplayer?

- Its aggravating
-The scoring is extremely ridiculous, you have been stunned. you should not get 400+ points.
- It makes people rage quit/ get off the game all together.
- Why should I still die after I stunned them after they poison me? Wouldn't it make sense that the poison should cancel instead of giving them points for the poison.
- Yes I realize I get points for the stun. but its ridiculous that you get possibly 200 points while the poisoner gets 400+
- Not to mention by over-abuse of the trick, you can boost yourself up to the top of the games leaderboards for several matches without anybody else the possibility of ever winning the match. I have witnessed this many times before.

I am fed up with this trick and I know many other players who are as well. some being my friends and many of the other wonderful players around the world. Ubisoft please do something about this trick. it just ruins the good spirit of the game. or at least fix the scoring so the points dont get so high for these players who use poison and then get stunned. or cancel out the poison. many alternatives lay await. please do something about this. I love Assassins Creed to much to see this game lose many players because of this trick. Please take this into consideration.

Thank you.

Rainin420
03-17-2012, 05:07 AM
You're clearly new. Poison isn't cheap. It's insanely hard to get off without a smoke bomb. If you're being smoke bombed then you probably won't be stunning them afterwards anyway though. This game is all about getting high point kills, quality kills. I suggest you learn how to use poison or figure out other abilities that help you score high. This game isn't about getting the most kills or the best KD ratio.

deadly_thought
03-17-2012, 05:08 AM
youe making me angry.....you wont like me when im angry........

CrysisSergent
03-17-2012, 05:14 AM
Im really not, and clearly you went off typing without actually understanding what I meant. and I am fully aware of the fact that the game is about acquiring the most points with each kill. I have been playing Multiplayer since it first released on the ipod. which was different but nonetheless. and I never said it was cheap. I just said that it was a little ridiculous that poison can grant you 400+ points. matter of fact, I was just playing a match where I was poisoned and the player got 700 points. 700 points! for doing nothing else but just using poison. and also, I am never being smoked bombed. I get stunned, few moments go by, poison. dead. player killed you 700 points. Poison is not cheap you are correct. the scoring for the ability is broken.

CrysisSergent
03-17-2012, 05:20 AM
oh and also, I am only new to the forums because most of the time there is no point on being on. forums. and you joined the forums n 2011. ive been here since 2010. but you spend most of your time on here.

Assassinine
03-17-2012, 06:07 AM
Be happy that you got your 200 points for a stun that you only got because of lag. In a lag free situation you wouldnt even get the stun, so why punish the poison user even more for attempting a naked poison. Using poison puts you at an ability disadvantage, 2 defensive abilities will often beat out poison and 1 defensive ability. Poison also has a long cooldown, for a 90 second cooldown poison itself earns 300 points. In the same time span, a good throwing knife user can get 2 stuns (400 points), or 2 uncontested incognito kills (400 point gain? over 2 contested discreet kills), or 2 drop kills (massive points), or more realistically, any combination of 2 of the above, maybe 3 with cooldown craft and perk. The best part is unlike poison, throwing knives are useful in many situations, offensive and defensive. In the end, scoring high has less to do with your ability choices, and more to do with just being good at the game in general.

shiroyukinohime
03-17-2012, 06:15 AM
Dear Ubisoft,
For the following reasons could you please change the poison-stun trick in Multiplayer?

- Its aggravating
-The scoring is extremely ridiculous, you have been stunned. you should not get 400+ points.
- It makes people rage quit/ get off the game all together.
- Why should I still die after I stunned them after they poison me? Wouldn't it make sense that the poison should cancel instead of giving them points for the poison.
- Yes I realize I get points for the stun. but its ridiculous that you get possibly 200 points while the poisoner gets 400+
- Not to mention by over-abuse of the trick, you can boost yourself up to the top of the games leaderboards for several matches without anybody else the possibility of ever winning the match. I have witnessed this many times before.

I am fed up with this trick and I know many other players who are as well. some being my friends and many of the other wonderful players around the world. Ubisoft please do something about this trick. it just ruins the good spirit of the game. or at least fix the scoring so the points dont get so high for these players who use poison and then get stunned. or cancel out the poison. many alternatives lay await. please do something about this. I love Assassins Creed to much to see this game lose many players because of this trick. Please take this into consideration.

Thank you.
Are you not playing with the patch then? Because Patch 1.03 (or 1.04, idk) prevents the target from stunning the poisoner. Hurrah for naked poisons!

I think the extra points are a reward for being stealthy and/or taking advantage of a situation like a grounded target. You realize that kill bonuses (like Incognito, Grab Kill, Acrobatic, etc) work the same way - that they reward you for taking advantage of the situation? They're also an incentive to use an ability that's risky to use.
And the reason that poison is not cancelled with a stun is because you are essentially dead the moment you let your pursuer get close enough to poison you. Not to mention that poison would become completely unusable if not for Patch 1.03/04. If they hadn't used poison and instead pressed the Asston while you pressed Stun, you'd be dead anyway.

(None of what I said applies to OSB + poison. That's just taking advantage of smoke bombs.)

If you're that pissed off about people using poison on you, why not use poison on them? Get yourself the extra points and feel superior when you pull off a higher point kill than they did on you.

CrysisSergent
03-17-2012, 07:03 AM
Are you not playing with the patch then? Because Patch 1.03 (or 1.04, idk) prevents the target from stunning the poisoner. Hurrah for naked poisons!

I think the extra points are a reward for being stealthy and/or taking advantage of a situation like a grounded target. You realize that kill bonuses (like Incognito, Grab Kill, Acrobatic, etc) work the same way - that they reward you for taking advantage of the situation? They're also an incentive to use an ability that's risky to use.
And the reason that poison is not cancelled with a stun is because you are essentially dead the moment you let your pursuer get close enough to poison you. Not to mention that poison would become completely unusable if not for Patch 1.03/04. If they hadn't used poison and instead pressed the Asston while you pressed Stun, you'd be dead anyway.

(None of what I said applies to OSB + poison. That's just taking advantage of smoke bombs.)

If you're that pissed off about people using poison on you, why not use poison on them? Get yourself the extra points and feel superior when you pull off a higher point kill than they did on you.
im not purely pissed off at poison. im just pissed about the amount of points you gain from simply using it. and the fact that you gain so much is just unfair because nobody, (and if you disagree with this than your kidding yourself) has fun when they dont win. im just tired of seeing people jump up the leaderboards with using such an unfair advantage. and plus i would be a hypocrite if i started using poison.

Chronomancy
03-17-2012, 07:09 AM
Play a different game or play a game mode where poison isn't all that common. E.g. Artifact Assault.

lx_Reafer_xl
03-17-2012, 09:49 AM
If getting poisoned really ticks you off that much, maybe you should learn to spot pursuers better so you can smoke/mute/charge them before they have the opportunity to poison you.
Just sayin'.

Rainin420
03-17-2012, 10:17 AM
If getting poisoned really ticks you off that much, maybe you should learn to spot pursuers better so you can smoke/mute/charge them before they have the opportunity to poison you.
Just sayin'.

Exactly. Don't like getting poisoned? Don't get poisoned then. Simple. You said you weren't getting smoke bombed, just poisoned. Therefore you weren't aware of your pursuer and he naked poisoned you because of it. If you were paying attention the range on stun is MUCH higher then poison.

Anykeyer
03-17-2012, 10:46 AM
As Assassinine said poison is underpowered in fact. Its hard to use poison without smoke bomb. Some simple abilities like knifes can give you a lot more points during same 90 secounds.
And 700 points kill isnt that good. I scored more with the gun )

cjdavies
03-17-2012, 11:50 AM
Im really not, and clearly you went off typing without actually understanding what I meant. and I am fully aware of the fact that the game is about acquiring the most points with each kill. I have been playing Multiplayer since it first released on the ipod. which was different but nonetheless. and I never said it was cheap. I just said that it was a little ridiculous that poison can grant you 400+ points. matter of fact, I was just playing a match where I was poisoned and the player got 700 points. 700 points! for doing nothing else but just using poison. and also, I am never being smoked bombed. I get stunned, few moments go by, poison. dead. player killed you 700 points. Poison is not cheap you are correct. the scoring for the ability is broken.

You are forgetting it's possible it's one or more of the following added on: 50 for Saviour, 50 for Porch, 350 for Incognitio, 200 for Variety.

Also I have my loss streak set to Score x 2 and kill streak for an extra 250 .

Anykeyer
03-17-2012, 12:10 PM
700 points kills isnt that special to be worth explained. Sometimes I get 1000+ from single stun (brutal escape, knockout, EV, streak, etc).

Sukramo
03-17-2012, 01:01 PM
OP got it all backwards. Its dumb that you can stun me AFTER I poisioned you. Brotherhood had a perfect system, you could stun me half a second after I poinsioned me but not after. In revelations its like 1.5 seconds and that is plain wrong.

And the patch didnt fix it.

PANiC_ATTACKER
03-17-2012, 04:51 PM
Quit yo jibba jabba! stop moaning....

JTS_812
03-17-2012, 05:39 PM
If you were paying attention the range on stun is MUCH higher then poison.
without smoke bomb you really shouldn't be getting poisoned in this game...if you let someone get that close to you before you noticed the O/B bu.tton pop then it's your fault, poison is well within your stun range.

shiroyukinohime
03-17-2012, 05:47 PM
im not purely pissed off at poison. im just pissed about the amount of points you gain from simply using it. and the fact that you gain so much is just unfair because nobody, (and if you disagree with this than your kidding yourself) has fun when they dont win. im just tired of seeing people jump up the leaderboards with using such an unfair advantage. and plus i would be a hypocrite if i started using poison.

But that's just it. I use poison to win, especially in Deathmatch against bad players. And I have fun winning with poison against players who kill me for 150 points. I'd never be able to win against better players with poison, I need a defensive set. It's not an unfair advantage because you are free to use the ability yourself.

I hope you also realize that players using poison only win when they know how to maximize points when using poison. There is an element of skill there. A player running up to OSB + poison is never going to win against a player waiting for an Incog/Hidden/Focus/Poison etc.

luckyto
03-17-2012, 06:11 PM
Sakruma, if you get stunned after a poison now, it is just lag.

Just sayin'.

That's really what it boils down to. The stun and kill range is much larger; and poison requires you literally touch the other player. If I've gotten close enough to poison you, then you made a mistake.

SOSB+Poison is a different scenario. There's a time and place for everything; but that player is still giving up his defense to pull it off. Which as shiro said, makes it very difficult to win matches unless it's done once for a variety or to take an early lead. Even so, if the player has gotten close enough to drop smoke and you are ready to defend yourself; then again, you messed up.

cjdavies
03-17-2012, 09:49 PM
without smoke bomb you really shouldn't be getting poisoned in this game...if you let someone get that close to you before you noticed the O/B bu.tton pop then it's your fault, poison is well within your stun range.

Unless grounded or you just did a contested kill.

indulgence82
03-17-2012, 09:59 PM
1. Poison grants the amount of points that it does because of risk/reward. You risk being easily stunned or having a teammate (or a poacher) steal your kill and get left with 50 points instead of a normal kill of 300 approximately. It has the slowest cool down of 90 and if you lose your poison (by having your kill stolen) you get no help out of it unlike the other abilities where you at least gain some sort of tactical advantage.
2. Points are not JUST given based on a single kill alone. There are variety, poach, assist, diversion, chain, streak etc bonuses which can actually give you 700+ CHASE kills.

I get being annoyed you have to wait to die, however don't begrudge a player for skillfully and stealthily killing you just because your failure to identify him annoys you. Nobody is perfect and I've seen even the best players fail. Yea poison gives a lot of points. If it's so broken and good try learning how to use it yourself. Then you might understand how silly you sound to the rest of us.

punkachump
03-17-2012, 11:54 PM

I would rather get poisoned for 700 points than chased killed for 100 points. It means that people are being more stealthy (which is how it is suppose to be played) and if I get poisoned w/o OSB it means my pursuer did a **** good job and I need to work on my observation skills more. The harder the kill is, the more points you get, that's just how it goes. Poisoning is hard than a normal kill, chase kill, gun kill etc. therefore you get more points for it, simple. "Unfair advantage" makes it sound like you can't use it but everybody esle can.

and I would be careful when generalising saying that "nobody has fun when they don't win." I still have fun when I don't win, whether laughing at myself or other players, or when the game is really tough and you just lose, you still had a fun because you had a good game.

luckyto
03-18-2012, 03:22 AM
Now, that we've all had our peace.

I would be cool if the base score for poison was lowered to 150 vs. 200. Thoughts?

Assassinine
03-18-2012, 05:23 AM
Why nerf poison? it already involves a lot higher risk than many other abilities, for minimal gain. 300 bonus points (honestly who doesnt craft point value on poison) for a 90 second cooldown is lackluster for how terrible the ability is overall. First you risk being stunned, because you must get a lot closer to your target, and choosing to use another ability to cover your approach is inefficient, and you can also be stunned immediately after poisoning due to lag. On a successful poison you still run the risk of someone else killing your target. Add to all this the complete lack of versatility and utlity the ability provides. You could make the arguement that many other abilities are superior to poison. Mute only gains 200 points for the same cooldown, but has greater flexibility in crafting options, can keep you alive while at the same time increasing your streak counter, can be used to identify targets and pursuers, or secure uncontested hidden kills, all of which could end up gaining you more points than poison would. Throwing knives can do everything mute can do, stun, ID players (to a lesser extent), make kills uncontested. Throwing knives does suffer from being beaten by other abilities, but a good user can avoid this. Throwing knives can also secure grab kills rivalling poison kills in score, or buy time for an acrobatic focus. Throwing knives can also be crafted and perked down to roughly 1/3 the cooldown of poison, even just getting 2 uses of knives in the cooldown period of poison can easily add up to more points than poison itself gives you. 2 stuns with knives nets 400 points and 2 streak points, 2 uncontested incognitos can get you 400 points over 2 contested kills, 800 if you get hidden bonuses, and increasing your streak counter. Even just 1 grab kill will put knives on par with poison, let alone the second use in that 90 second window. Roughly at the same time poison would be ready, knives would be almost ready for round 3. Theres no reason to nerf poison, If anything needs to be changed in the ability balance department, the weaker abilities need to be buffed to be on par.

shiroyukinohime
03-18-2012, 05:57 AM

I would be cool if the base score for poison was lowered to 150 vs. 200. Thoughts?

Which would mean crafting for max points would get you 250 points only?
Not enough reward for all that risk. I would stop using it so often.

luckyto
03-18-2012, 07:29 AM
I don't disagree that it isn't risky. I use it every match and use it well. I'm also not saying that other abilities don't need nerfing - smoke, for example. Knives, not so much, as they at least take skill to use well.

I am not fond of the kids who run about getting killed over and over just to hit x2 three times a match and then tack on OSB + Focus + Hidden + Poison; netting almost 6k for basically sucking and knowing how to throw smoke at the right moment.

I agree it needs a reward; but 150-250 + Variety is still valid. Just my opinion.

Farlander1991
03-18-2012, 08:05 AM
A question about the range of stun. Does the stun prompt appear above the character as soon as you get in stun range, or it's slightly larger than that?

A few days ago, I was playing multiplayer (PC, 1.03). I clearly saw who was hunting me, and stunned him as soon as the prompt appeared (my defensive abilities were on cooldown at that moment so didn't use any). I successfully stun him, and a dozen seconds later - bam. I die because of poison from that same person. If the poison range is smaller than the stun range, then how's that possible? O_o

FilipinoNinja67
03-18-2012, 08:10 AM
I agree 100%! Poison is not that hard to pull off in the first place yet people used the "well im too bad and don't know how to be stealthy and get a good poison without OSB" excuse and even after the update they still use the same one. I have been and still am using disguise poison set for all quality kill based modes (assassinate, DM, MH, etc...) And its not that hard. People are too afraid to even try it without OSB and they dont try to learn how to use it or adapt to the new way that it functions. It really is not that hard, and if you still cannot pull off a poison after the update then mabye poison isnt your playstyle.

Now poison is supposed to be a point bonus for getting closer to your target and getting out. It used to take skill to use (with the exception of OSB) but now its definitly overpowered. It doesnt take any skill to OSB someone at all and it might as well be the same thing if you can just sprint up for a point bonus. Another word to the community, Thank you so much for trying to "fix" the game then turning around and going back to a different game and leaving us (the people that actually enjoyed revelations) behind to play in the garbage that you created.

FilipinoNinja67
03-18-2012, 08:17 AM

If they keep it the way its functioning now then yes. The problem i have with poison is Smoke Bomb (easily the most versatile, overpowered ability in the game) being used with it. Technicaly yeah, you earned the points but having to use OSB because you can't get a hidden or a focus or an incognito kill just means that you're terrible and you need to stop using poison :/ unless ofcourse it's assassinate because i have accidentaly caught some people in OSBs due to lock wars (mashing the left trigger on my ***) and lag.

Sukramo
03-18-2012, 08:40 AM

Probably yes, but the bonus in most desperate need of a change is lure.

Lure should give 200-300

The_Tabeeb
03-18-2012, 11:09 AM
Be happy that you got your 200 points for a stun that you only got because of lag. In a lag free situation you wouldnt even get the stun, so why punish the poison user even more for attempting a naked poison. Using poison puts you at an ability disadvantage, 2 defensive abilities will often beat out poison and 1 defensive ability. Poison also has a long cooldown, for a 90 second cooldown poison itself earns 300 points. In the same time span, a good throwing knife user can get 2 stuns (400 points), or 2 uncontested incognito kills (400 point gain? over 2 contested discreet kills), or 2 drop kills (massive points), or more realistically, any combination of 2 of the above, maybe 3 with cooldown craft and perk. The best part is unlike poison, throwing knives are useful in many situations, offensive and defensive. In the end, scoring high has less to do with your ability choices, and more to do with just being good at the game in general.

Dude where the hell did you come from? #wafflebot beep bop

The_Tabeeb
03-18-2012, 11:25 AM
I'm gonna take the opportunity to address the one thing no one so far has taken the time to even speak about (maybe you did too lazy to read every post).

Dear OP,
You sir need a hug. You sir need to be introduced to the game, the community and to the discussions already being and or been had on any and all gameplay related issues. As every ability, perk, mechanic is as much a part of the game as another, you must continue your journey to Templar greatness by further understanding the fundamental and employing every tactic the game encourages to play well, score well, avoid death, strategize, compete and in the long run milk as big a score as you can and rub it in other gamers faces declaring your own superiority over others.

Poison as has been mentioned before is a huge risk and a fairly unbalanced ability to bring in a set. It is a complimentary ability that only enhances the kill of the pursuer. Imagine in every one of those situations you were killed by poison after stunning your pursuer that instead of poison he simply killed you. Now imagine no one used poison and all those times you died your pursuer simply killed you. You would get no stun and you would still be dead. Plus, by what you've already explained your pursuer would most likely get an incognito kill on you and still possibly get 400+ points. Jussayin. Instead of worrying about the tactics other employ worry about how you can outsmart them and outscore them.

In the end, only you can make the difference.

Sincerely,
your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man... :cool:

luckyto
03-18-2012, 05:48 PM
^ Hiilarious. Post of the Month Award.

Probably yes, but the bonus in most desperate need of a change is lure.

Lure should give 200-300

Absolutely. Definitely. Tremendously. Voraciously YES.

Sukramo
03-18-2012, 10:55 PM
Anyway, I think we got trolled by the OP.

luckyto
03-19-2012, 01:27 AM
Either way, it's the first time the whole forum has agreed on anything in a month. ;)

The_Tabeeb
03-19-2012, 06:28 AM
Either way, it's the first time the whole forum has agreed on anything in a month. ;)

Sadly! But very true lol :o

PANiC_ATTACKER
03-19-2012, 10:26 AM
^ Hiilarious. Post of the Month Award.

Absolutely. Definitely. Tremendously. Voraciously YES.

Unless of course! by Lure some people mean constantly run about the whole map like your ar$e is on fire and then run at any opponent, then suddenly twitch stop and run away again trying to get them to drop abilities! which isnt Lure.

Grygier
03-19-2012, 10:28 AM

i have fun even if i don't win =P As one of the above posters said in a lag free environment you wouldn't of even gotten that stun.
ACB was worse with the poison and disguise combo.

I think smokebomb/mute users are worse in ACR

2000 points from 10 stuns and with the support of kill/stun streaks it can easily outscore poisoning.

i just really like taunting my kill now with the poison =P

i poison kill you, taunt and then get bulldozed by some noob, cycle of life.

PANiC_ATTACKER
03-19-2012, 10:33 AM
i have fun even if i don't win =P As one of the above posters said in a lag free environment you wouldn't of even gotten that stun.
ACB was worse with the poison and disguise combo.

I think smokebomb/mute users are worse in ACR

2000 points from 10 stuns and with the support of kill/stun streaks it can easily outscore poisoning.

i just really like taunting my kill now with the poison =P

Taunting poisoned victims is the best abilitiy ever!! tooooo easy!!

cjdavies
03-19-2012, 03:02 PM
Taunting poisoned victims is the best abilitiy ever!! tooooo easy!!

LOL I do this also.

Last night I saw my purser a safe distance looking at me and I taunted them, then they were approaching, Mute and Stun and more taunting lol.

PANiC_ATTACKER
03-19-2012, 03:14 PM
LOL I do this also.

Last night I saw my purser a safe distance looking at me and I taunted them, then they were approaching, Mute and Stun and more taunting lol.

Son of a *****!!, that was me!!

Sometimes i like to stand in the middle of the map just taunting everyone as the Gladiator! YYYoooooUUU HHoooooo!!

cjdavies
03-19-2012, 05:39 PM
Son of a *****!!, that was me!!

Sometimes i like to stand in the middle of the map just taunting everyone as the Gladiator! YYYoooooUUU HHoooooo!!

Was it? lol

Did you hear those 2 boys on the mic? LOL "Where is CJ?" I knew then they were my purser!