PDA

View Full Version : Freemasonry of the Founding Fathers: Double Agents

Saqaliba
03-17-2012, 02:44 AM
I have recently been reading The Secret History of Freemasonry: its origins and connection to the Knights Templar (http://books.google.com.au/books/about/The_secret_history_of_freemasonry.html?id=CsxCHQAA CAAJ&redir_esc=y) by Paul Naudon, which is by far the best book I have red on the subject on Freemasonry after the post-Dan Murphy hype on the subject.

In this book, Naudon shows a definitive link between the Templars and the Freemasons from the Roman collegia - those ancient organized craftsmen right up to the FranÁs-Metiers and the French Occult revival of the 19th century. From temple builders to social reform.

The reason I bring this up is because, it seems that the majority of the Founding Fathers of the U.S.A. were actually Freemasons themselves. Three known characters of ACIII were definitely Masons (Washington, Franklin & Lee).

That being said, it would seem that the libertarian values of the Founding Fathers falls into accord with the ideals of the Assassins - the very nature of the declaration of independence is that of freedom and human rights etc. So for the sake of fictionalization I could see how the protagonist Connor would align himself to this ideal and side with the Patriots. However, the undeniable historical accuracy is called into question: the Freemasons have a foundation in the Templar order.

I see only one resolution to this problem and something that could be a major (and genius) plot twist for ACIII. A group called the Perfectibilists was formed in Germany in 1782 by a certain Adam Weishaupt. His plot was to create a system to dominate all systems of rule. To destroy religion, freedom of thought and monopolize the government in order to bring a universal order - a N.W.O. In fact, this agenda fits our AC Universe Templar ideal perfectly.

Later, the Perfectibilists became known as the Illuminati - and there is no short supply of Conspiracy Theory on the agenda of this group on the Internet. Amidst the backdrop of the American Revolution is a hidden evolution of Freemasonry which leads straight into the French Revolution and the usurping of the American Presidency. Despite all the fictionalized hype there is very genuine evidence from the 18th century itself to reveal the agenda of this group - including a expose sent directly to George Washington!

We know our Loyalists side with the Brits... and according to Paul Naudon, Britain was the inheritor of the Templar tradition that became British Freemasonry. In 1770 France inherited this British Freemasonry and by 1733 Masonic circles began appearing on American soil. By the time of the American Revolution up to 150+ lodges were to be found amongst the colonies. George Washington was initiated into the Masons in 1752 (a year before the game's dating) - the same year as Benjamin Franklin's kite experiment.

It is believed that the goal of the Illuminati was to penetrate and annex itself to the Freemasons as a parasite that slowly worked its way up the hierarchy to until it had its own members in the higher echelon of the Masons, so that they can use this influential group for its malefic goal of social and political reform.

I have a feeling that Washington himself became aware of the Illuminati agenda (as is evidenced by his own writings) and he himself was of a Masonic calibre that still fought from liberty and justice. But later on the US Presidency was to be infiltrated by the Illuminati and finally achieve its goal. It could very well be that Franklin and Thomas Jefferson are the ones to achieve this. I think that the Franco-American bond during the Revolution will be the point where we discover that the Templars are Illuminati.

Another factor that would work perfectly in ACIII is George Washington's very own Culper Spy-Ring (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culper_Ring) formed in 1778. Maybe he uses the Assassin's as his spy's! This would be perfect. It could be that some of the Freemasons stay true to the original libertarian ideals of interdependancy whilst others are Illuminati sleeper-cells who use the name of 'independence' and 'human rights' as a front for their authoritarian goals. It will be interesting to see where our Mohican predator stands-amidst Loyalists v.s. Patriots, Freemasons v.s. Illuminati.

LightRey
03-17-2012, 09:31 AM
They don't so much have a foundation in the Templar order as a small link.

I once again see absolutely no reason to drag Freemasonry into Assassin's Creed. Freemasonry has nothing to do with either religion or politics.

eagleforlife1
03-17-2012, 10:38 AM
I see it as similar to the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn in ACB/Project Legacy.

itsamea-mario
03-17-2012, 11:08 AM
They don't so much have a foundation in the Templar order as a small link.

I once again see absolutely no reason to drag Freemasonry into Assassin's Creed. Freemasonry has nothing to do with either religion or politics.

Nothing to do with politics?
Maybe the freemason order has no political agenda, but when influential peope meet up in private then things happen.
But I don't think the Freemasons are half as powerful as people make them out to be.

Though It seems unnessecary to involve Freemasons in assassins creed.

deadly_thought
03-17-2012, 12:47 PM
washington the new al mualim?? controlling the masons and the assassins for his own gain against the templars? anythings possible with this company i wouldnt count anything out till you see the finished product

Poodle_of_Doom
03-17-2012, 12:47 PM
This is kind of interesting. I, myself, have little knowledge on the subjects introduced though, and would have to do further research before speculating on the possibility.

PhonedZero
03-29-2012, 06:52 AM
As a Freemason I find it interesting that no one seems to make the connection between Templars/Freemasonry and one its 2 concordant bodies; the York Rite. In it, the final degree is being symbolically made a member of the Knight's Templar. This kind of throws a wrench into the Templar vs Freemason/Assassin plot of the game, when in fact all modern(since Demolays death) Templars are Freemasons, just like all Shriners are Freemasons. I havent picked up Revelations yet but have played all the previous games, and have found it an entertaining tale, and an interesting take compared to the rest of the conspiracy fodder out there.

LightRey
03-29-2012, 08:32 AM
Nothing to do with politics?
Maybe the freemason order has no political agenda, but when influential peope meet up in private then things happen.
But I don't think the Freemasons are half as powerful as people make them out to be.

Though It seems unnessecary to involve Freemasons in assassins creed.
Well they can't ask each other any favors if that's what you're suggesting, so no, if they adhere by the rules of Freemasonry, they aren't helping each other in any political way.