PDA

View Full Version : Does it bother you that we've never seen Altair with out hes hood?

Azula2005
03-16-2012, 10:41 PM
Old Altair doesn't really count, but still..what a shame. :/

notafanboy
03-16-2012, 11:09 PM
if he doesn┤t take it off while he┤s doing it with Maria, i don┤t know what will...

itsamea-mario
03-16-2012, 11:14 PM
It might signify how he is an assassin through and through, all the time.

rileypoole1234
03-16-2012, 11:33 PM
It might signify how he is an assassin through and through, all the time.

Gah! Beat me to it.

SixKeys
03-16-2012, 11:37 PM
I prefer him with the hood on. I was glad they didn't have him take it off until he was an old man in ACR and was a little disappointed that they showed us his real face in the same game (instead of him just looking like Desmond like in AC1). I like mysterious characters and the hood on/off thing was one of those things that set Ezio and Alta´r apart. I still try to avoid looking at Alta´r's face whenever I'm playing as him, I prefer thinking of him as a "faceless" character, if that makes sense.

freddie_1897
03-17-2012, 12:10 AM
From what I saw of his face in AC1 he looked just like Desmond, so it dosnt matter much to me

LightRey
03-17-2012, 12:19 AM
Not really. :/

souNdwAve89
03-17-2012, 12:21 AM
Yeah, Altair's face looked exactly like Desmond's in AC1 because Abstergo's Animus projects the user's body in their ancestor's time. This was a question that was asked in an interview on why they changed Altair's and Desmond's face in Revelations. The idea was that the First Civilization's artifacts that Altair used to store his memories is more powerful than an Animus. It gave the true representation of Altair, so his face and voice is the real Altair that we saw in Revelations.

This issue was noted in my Revelations compilation thread. The interview can be seen here. The question starts at 10:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...=channel_video_title (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqMAKGL1DpM&feature=channel_video_title)

JumpInTheFire13
03-17-2012, 01:37 AM
I prefer him with the hood on. I was glad they didn't have him take it off until he was an old man in ACR and was a little disappointed that they showed us his real face in the same game (instead of him just looking like Desmond like in AC1). I like mysterious characters and the hood on/off thing was one of those things that set Ezio and Alta´r apart. I still try to avoid looking at Alta´r's face whenever I'm playing as him, I prefer thinking of him as a "faceless" character, if that makes sense.

I completely agree. Altair was a lot more mysterious than Ezio. The cover of the game was the most I wanted to see of his face, and that's how I'll always remember him.

Evenesque
03-17-2012, 03:11 AM
Not at all. I'm interested in the man when he's at work, not when he's at home.

Calvarok
03-17-2012, 04:36 AM
From what I saw of his face in AC1 he looked just like Desmond, so it dosnt matter much to me

In AC1 they were using the abstergo animus, which shows the face of the user, not the ancestor. In Revelations, we were seeing his actual face, which is why he looked different from Desmond. As someone said, the fact he never took off his hood was very symbolic of his devotion to the order, from beginning to finish. It's good.

Funbun777
03-17-2012, 05:31 AM
He has his hood down when talking to Darin in that last memory

pacmanate
03-17-2012, 02:32 PM
if he doesn┤t take it off while he┤s doing it with Maria, i don┤t know what will...

Didn't get busy with her on a roof in AC2 though?

WHAT BUGS ME MOST IS THAT WE NEVER GOT TO SEE WHAT EZIO REALLY LOOKED LIKE IN AC2!!!!!!!!!

eagleforlife1
03-17-2012, 02:58 PM
Didn't get busy with her on a roof in AC2 though?

WHAT BUGS ME MOST IS THAT WE NEVER GOT TO SEE WHAT EZIO REALLY LOOKED LIKE IN AC2!!!!!!!!!

I think that's his point

Kit572
03-18-2012, 07:48 AM
it didn't bother me, i was happy enougth seeing his face in the ending of ACR. Altair was my favourite character and seeing what he looked like before his death somehow made me feel sad as if i was saying "bye bye" to the character.