PDA

View Full Version : What dominates your AC Experience?

frogger504
03-16-2012, 04:46 PM
When playing AC what is the majority of your experience?

For me it is just roaming and enjoying the core game, no purpose, no side missions, I just make up my own objectives. I spend most of my time in Brotherhood riding around on the horse Assassinating Captains then trying to escape without killing anyone or starting massive horse chases, loads of fun.I can spend hours in the game without doing a single objective or mission.

How about you?

naran6142
03-16-2012, 05:18 PM
in general i like to do what ever i want, that why im a fan of open world game...

However there isn't much to do in AC other than kill people, so im glad that AC3 sounds like its taking a RDR approach :D

GunnarGunderson
03-16-2012, 05:22 PM
running from guards and pretending that there's a reason to do it, so I actually feel like an assassin

Dieinthedark
03-16-2012, 06:02 PM
Basically the same as OP, and that's why ACIII looks promising, they've giving us stuff to do.

Kables
03-16-2012, 10:45 PM
the badass style of stealth and combat. the combat is what keeps me playing countless hours, i hope AC3 is like brotherhood in its smooth combat and replayability (virtual training)

JumpInTheFire13
03-16-2012, 10:48 PM
I like doing what the OP said. Making up my own objectives and simply exploring the cities is always fun, but the atmosphere of the cities along with the music makes it more enjoyable. The story missions are, for the most part, amazing and in Brotherhood one of my favourite things to do was the War Machine missions. I'd try to do them as stealthily as possible and find different routes through the villages.

Tetsou88
03-16-2012, 10:50 PM
In the First two games I focused mostly on completing the story while throwing in extra's here and there. With Brotherhood and Revelations, I've spent more time doing side objectives and buying stuff rather than missions. I just completed all but two of the guild challenges for AC:R.

rileypoole1234
03-16-2012, 11:36 PM
I love the exploration and learning the history of each of the areas. I love being able to walk around a certain place that doesn't exist now, or is completely different. I do have to stop myself from rushing through the story though. The story is just so good.

deadly_thought
03-17-2012, 09:05 AM
pancakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

freddie_1897
03-17-2012, 09:09 AM
pancakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey, aren't you that troll?

deadly_thought
03-17-2012, 09:11 AM
hey, aren't you that troll?

trollin for pancakes baby! ;)

freddie_1897
03-17-2012, 09:21 AM
trollin for pancakes baby! ;)
no, you are a troll, i remember that you made a thread that called everyone who didn't play multiplayer, and i quote... "cowardly noobs, who find it to difficult to play"
I've even got the link to that thread here:http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/451291-for-all-the-noobs-who-stick-to-SP-because-MP-is-too-difficult

you also said this on the 'post whatever you like thread'... 'so many sheltered wuss bags on the SP forums *sigh* no wonder they need a game to cling to.....'

what have you got to say to that?

deadly_thought
03-17-2012, 12:42 PM
i dont deny saying any of those things at all sometimes the truth hurts a bit but you wind up being stronger it takes more to hurt you next time thank me when youre ready

ChaosxNetwork
03-17-2012, 01:21 PM
Free Running from roof to roof trying to chain the longest sequence without failing/falling.
Which will be fantastic now that I will be able to add natural items into my sequences.

BeCk41
03-17-2012, 01:28 PM
I honestly fall asleep after just one mission and remember waking up to the sound of people fighting and guns blazing and finding my character being detected. So I play just for the experience and I like the music and scenery... even though it does put me to sleep. xD

freddie_1897
03-17-2012, 04:06 PM
i dont deny saying any of those things at all sometimes the truth hurts a bit but you wind up being stronger it takes more to hurt you next time thank me when youre ready

Um, no, your just a troll, and I'm not gonna thank you for it

JumpInTheFire13
03-17-2012, 07:24 PM
Just stop, this is what "trolls" feed off of.

OriginalMiles
03-17-2012, 07:42 PM
I like to just practice stealth, I hide and move slowly when a guard looks, and move faster and agile when I can, then they feel the my blade!

frogger504
03-17-2012, 07:42 PM
Just stop, this is what "trolls" feed off of.

Exactly, the only way to beat it is ignoring it.

I also love long chases, it was my favorite thing from AC2, sadly they decreased the ability of the AI so it's rare to get a good chase going now. I have to rely on playing AC2 for it. I love getting huge good chases with at least 20 guards following for miles, super fun, gives you such a rush. I hope they can follow you better in AC3 so I can have that feeling again.

FilipinoNinja67
03-17-2012, 09:09 PM
It used to be assassin contracts, but after AC2 they took an arrow to the knee ( :P ).

In ACB it was finding new ways to kill tower captains and not lighting the torch so i could come back later and kill him again,
AC2 was the side contracts (made several files just for them),
AC1 was finding all the templars,
ACR was waiting for that beever dammed banker to pay me for that sage achievement.

JumpInTheFire13
03-17-2012, 11:41 PM
In ACB it was finding new ways to kill tower captains and not lighting the torch so i could come back later and kill him again,

This. I loved the Borgia Captains in ACB. They were too easy in ACR.

MCRMJ
03-18-2012, 02:44 AM
I've spent far to many hours tormenting the NPCs for fun. Beating them up and piling bodies along the walls or fountains, chasing minstrels right across the city, sitting on a beam throwing coins then poisoning someone and so on lol.

Did this more in ACB though. Rome and its countryside had a certain charm (especially the blended conversations), combined with the excellent music which makes you want to lose hours just wandering about.

Less so in ACR due to the compactness of the building areas and less diverse population. I'm happy that there's going to be more to do in free roam in AC3, I just hope that it's not as barren as RDR.

Kit572
03-18-2012, 07:04 AM
The Plot, The Parkour, The Cool Outfits, and of course, like many other assassins creed fans and what Lonesoldier would have expected...

Hidden Blades.

deadly_thought
03-20-2012, 07:00 AM

theres some reat advice below this post feel free to have a brief look for it :D

frogger504
03-20-2012, 07:34 AM
This. I loved the Borgia Captains in ACB. They were too easy in ACR.

Yeah, ACR didn't give me that feeling of being an Assassin and sneaking around and creating different objectives and ways to accomplish them, or rather, it didn't give me the opportunities like with Brotherhood where I actually have to survey the location for a while to figure out a stealthy way to take out the Captain without being Detected then trying to escape, it gave the game an added sense of realism and depth to the overall experience.

I hope to have more of that in AC3.

Black_Widow9
03-21-2012, 02:29 AM
If the flame war continues you will both be suspended. I suggest you knock it off.

I do the plot mixed with side missions, collecting, and faction missions. I'm always afraid I'm going to miss out on something (for no reason) so I do a little of everything. ;)

JumpInTheFire13
03-21-2012, 02:46 AM
If the flame war continues you will both be suspended. I suggest you knock it off.

I do the plot mixed with side missions, collecting, and faction missions. I'm always afraid I'm going to miss out on something (for no reason) so I do a little of everything. ;)
Same here. 100% on AC2, ACB, and ACR simply because I didn't want to miss anything in these amazing games.

Calvarok
03-21-2012, 03:04 AM

Same fo me. I always try to get the objectives that it seems like Ezio would have gotten before the story ends.