PDA

View Full Version : if the fighting mechanic is heavily based on the tomohawk and knife....

shogunko
03-16-2012, 02:00 AM
will that take away from the combat because i myself got kind of bored of fighting in assasssins creed often because the lack of different weapons and different fighting styles for them. i mean you had like 10 swords but they all were used the same way and with the new era it seems that melee weapons will be used less if anything because melee combat should decrease because its not in the middle ages and renisanse anymore and guns are used much more. native american weapons seem to be the biggest .change i hope to get a legit spear and not just for throwing. i hated how guards could get weapons you couldn't but but had to disarm to guards to use them.

Jexx21
03-16-2012, 02:02 AM
It isn't.

And Assassin's Creed had a good amount of weapons to use also..

Calvarok
03-16-2012, 02:06 AM
It's more like the tomahawk and knife are the default pair. but it's confirmed you can dual weild other weapons.

Jexx21
03-16-2012, 02:08 AM
Also, I'm starting to think the knife is our new Hidden Blade.

The Hidden Knife! You can either use it as a standard hidden blade or you can pop it into your hand and use it as a knife!

Tetsou88
03-16-2012, 02:53 AM
Also, I'm starting to think the knife is our new Hidden Blade.

The Hidden Knife! You can either use it as a standard hidden blade or you can pop it into your hand and use it as a knife!

I believe this too, in Game Informer there is a close up of Connor with the tomahawk in one hand and a knife in the other, the knife's blade is thin and looks just like a hidden blade. Also the knife looks like it's mechanical in nature, IE it's not a solid piece.

It looks just like the hidden blade in this picture:
http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac154/arun1910/ee.png

BraxtonNelson
03-16-2012, 03:02 PM
Where does it confirm dual wielding other weapons?

LightRey
03-16-2012, 03:53 PM
Nowhere. It's purely theory based on some pictures we've seen.

Tetsou88
03-16-2012, 03:57 PM

In the game informer it says the following:

You tap the B or circle bu-tton to counter, but the constant presence of two weapons (like a tomahawk and a knife) opens the possibility for double counters when multiple enemies attack at once. In these cases your acrobatic counter now takes them both down at once, beginning a chain of kills that you can carry over to other enemies in the area. Whether armed with a hidden blade, a tomahawk, or any other weapon combination, the game encourages more offensive play than the previous installments.

Jesus, Ubisoft needs to really fix their curse sensor, you can say ***, but bu-tton throws it off because of bu-tt.

shogunko
03-16-2012, 08:04 PM
do you expect to only have dual wielding combat? because although it is a great addition being able to attack an enemy with a heavier weapon would be fun as well. the era is great but its kind a hard to see how heavy weapons come into play because 2 handed swords, huge axes, and warhammers aren't used in the americas during these times. also halberds and other weapons as well. guns seem to be a must but do you expect to see different guns such as a shotgun, and blunderbuss's. we have already seen pistols and rifles used by connor.

shogunko
03-16-2012, 08:09 PM
http://ushistoryimages.com/images/indian-weapons/fullsize/indian-weapons-1.jpg
http://ushistoryimages.com/images/indian-weapons/fullsize/indian-weapons-4.jpg
found pics of some native american weapons and just figured people might want to see them since connor i s half native american.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-16-2012, 08:15 PM
I believe this too, in Game Informer there is a close up of Connor with the tomahawk in one hand and a knife in the other, the knife's blade is thin and looks just like a hidden blade. Also the knife looks like it's mechanical in nature, IE it's not a solid piece.

It looks just like the hidden blade in this picture:
http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac154/arun1910/ee.png

W....TF.... Is wrong with people? Why, after all this time, and all these articles showing it, do they still think there's not going to be a hidden blade? It's not like it's a staple of the game or anything.

http://ushistoryimages.com/images/indian-weapons/fullsize/indian-weapons-1.jpg
http://ushistoryimages.com/images/indian-weapons/fullsize/indian-weapons-4.jpg
found pics of some native american weapons and just figured people might want to see them since connor i s half native american.

Yeah... I want to get me one of those wonderful skull crackers.

Tetsou88
03-16-2012, 10:18 PM
W....TF.... Is wrong with people? Why, after all this time, and all these articles showing it, do they still think there's not going to be a hidden blade? It's not like it's a staple of the game or anything.

At what point did I say there wouldn't be a hidden blade? I just said the hidden blade may have more functionality in the fact that it may be detachable and usable as a knife. If you look at the Game Informer picture, which another member of the forums posted in another topic, you can see Connor holding a knife that looks exactly like this hidden blade, thus giving proof that it may be usable as a regular hidden blade, and then have an extra feature as a dagger.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-17-2012, 04:08 AM
At what point did I say there wouldn't be a hidden blade? I just said the hidden blade may have more functionality in the fact that it may be detachable and usable as a knife. If you look at the Game Informer picture, which another member of the forums posted in another topic, you can see Connor holding a knife that looks exactly like this hidden blade, thus giving proof that it may be usable as a regular hidden blade, and then have an extra feature as a dagger.

Still a hidden blade.

Calvarok
03-17-2012, 04:33 AM
I doubt that. that's a lot of extra animations when they could easily just be separate things. Look at the knife in the trailer. It looks nothing like that hidden blade. Speaking of, the blade does indeed look more mechanical, I wonder if that's the reason they haven't shown it off yet. Like it can do something special or it just looks really cool in action now.

Jexx21
03-17-2012, 06:00 AM
The knife in the trailer, yes.

But did you see the knife in the gameinformer article? It looks EXACTLY like the hidden blade.

Tetsou88
03-17-2012, 04:33 PM
Picture proof.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-18-2012, 04:48 PM
Check out the knife pointed out above, and check out the hidden blade in this picture. I don't think they're the same.

Black_Widow9
03-18-2012, 07:28 PM
I would suggest you stay away from posting Magazine Scans as they are a breach of Copyright and will earn you a quick ban.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-19-2012, 06:15 AM
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/03/01/april-cover-revealed-assassin-39-s-creed-iii.aspx

I didn't. The image was something that Ubi lent to gameinformer, or however that process may work. Regardless, the picture that I posted came from something Ubi linked too. And for arguements sake, technically, every picture that we post that is game related is held under the AC copyright.

Lonesoldier2012
03-19-2012, 06:45 AM
Nowhere. It's purely theory based on some pictures we've seen.

Not to mention the steelcase boxart with Flintlock pistol and Tomahawk.