PDA

View Full Version : DX 10/11 in ac2+

SAimNE
03-16-2012, 01:41 AM
Its seeming unlikely that any of the 2+ games will be patched with 10 or 11, and even III will probably be without it. My question is if there is any way to forcibly run dx11/10 but with dx9 graphics because this is a serious blow on budget-midrange gamers. i have a llano processor that uses crossfire, and has produced pleasant results on high settings for many dx10+ games. Unfortunately i took for granted that ac would support it in at least some fashion, and didnt check before purchasing. Now while its on its way in the mail, ive found out that im going to be stuck in the low-medium graphics and robbed of the high settings my crossfire graphics are capable of. So is there any way to fix this or am i just stuck playing games from companies that actually bother to make use of the advantages of pc gaming?

Jexx21
03-16-2012, 03:56 AM
no.

Razrback16
03-16-2012, 01:59 PM
As Jexx said -- no. Unfortunately Ubi is continuing to push the inferior consoles as their flagship and in so doing are forced to code using borderline pre-historic DirectX 9 from 2004 so the piece of crap consoles can run it (barely). I've hit on these same points in many threads -- how much more awesome AC's cities and features could be with tesselation, additional effects, etc. All we can do is wait for Ubisoft to catch up to the other gaming companies...

SAimNE
03-17-2012, 11:04 AM
tbh i just want to get full use out of my budget laptop graphics... made sure to get the best bang for my buck only to find out half the good games are only going to use around 60% of my laptops potential... wish they would just have dx10/11 as a choice even if it didnt increase the graphics at all ;-;