PDA

View Full Version : The cape is back in AC3 - Confirmed?

VictorAviram123
03-15-2012, 02:27 PM
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/03/14/the-multi-studio-production-of-assassin-39-s-creed-3.aspx
look at 0:35
Connor is wearing a cape that seems to be made of fur... maybe we dress the things we kill? (air-assassinate a bear please please please)

dxsxhxcx
03-15-2012, 02:40 PM
I don't think a cape would fit with Connor's robes, but if they decide to bring the cape back, they should make it OPTIONAL!!

pacmanate
03-15-2012, 03:19 PM
I don't think a cape would fit with Connor's robes, but if they decide to bring the cape back, they should make it OPTIONAL!!

Maybe it will be? Maybe he skinned a bear then made it into a cape at the tailors?

pacmanate
03-15-2012, 03:33 PM
http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac154/arun1910/ee.png Also check out the new blade! its got curly hooks coming off it and is also way more jaggy in design and isnt just a straight blade!

ToniTorsi
03-15-2012, 03:39 PM
Air-assassinating Bears would be ridiculously easy. Not only would it be seen as abusive for being so easy....(since you only have to press a mere bu tton & voila, mighty bear vanquished)...but it would encourage Montreal to do similar stuff by just pressing a simply bu tton and in 1-2 seconds kill a 400–790 lb and 6-foot beast. Aka, the game spoon-feeding you.

Nah, I'd rather they get creative with the control mechanics and introduce grizzly bears like RDR that can kill you with ease, are fast and give you a challenge if you're not careful.

Other than that, legit interview.

freddie_1897
03-15-2012, 05:09 PM
ah yes, the good old days of going around tall trees and killing bears, birds, wandering people, wolves and rabbits...

notafanboy
03-15-2012, 05:28 PM
ah yes, the good old days of going around tall trees and killing bears, birds, wandering people, wolves and rabbits...

the bears are ******* in RDR. "lalalala im picking flowers Ągets blind-sided by a bearĄ. Anyway, doesn┤t tall trees remind you of the snowy place in the trailer ? "

frogger504
03-15-2012, 07:09 PM

They probably will, I remember hearing in one of the statements that in those days the Winter would kill you if you went unprepared and that it will be implemented into the game and that you have to act based on that. That you have to prepare Conner for the Winter, so they will most likely implement using Capes and Fur for the Winter.

Assassin_M
03-15-2012, 07:12 PM
They probably will, I remember hearing in one of the statements that in those days the Winter would kill you if you went unprepared and that it will be implemented into the game and that you have to act based on that. That you have to prepare Conner for the Winter, so they will most likely implement using Capes and Fur for the Winter.
Fur would be SICK !!
I think I see fur in that Image with connor and the cape..
just needs a closer look..

frogger504
03-15-2012, 07:26 PM
Fur would be SICK !!
I think I see fur in that Image with connor and the cape..
just needs a closer look..

Got the picture out uploading it now...

Here it is:
http://i40.tinypic.com/20arz81.png

Lonesoldier2012
03-15-2012, 07:55 PM
I want to make a headdress out of eagle feathers.

pacmanate
03-15-2012, 08:15 PM
I want to make a dress out of feathers...

FilipinoNinja67
03-15-2012, 08:22 PM
http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac154/arun1910/ee.png Also check out the new blade! its got curly hooks coming off it and is also way more jaggy in design and isnt just a straight blade!

Looks like a fleur de lei! (Possible spell fail, please flame me if there is. Thank you)

reddragonhrcro
03-15-2012, 08:27 PM

Possibly an improved version of a hookblade combined with a hidden blade?Well until we get a better shot of it we won┤t know.

deskpe
03-15-2012, 08:38 PM
They have confirmed upgradable gear and stuff for realism, i guess a pelt/cape would be nice and worm in the winter. I hope everything is optional and Un-equipable

heres a not blown up pixelated image:
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/9818/utennavnri.png
I dont dig the new blade design, I would have prefered a more basic blade more primal, that ornate stuff fits better in the renaissance.

Vex_Assassin
03-15-2012, 10:13 PM
Looks like a fleur de lei! (Possible spell fail, please flame me if there is. Thank you)

It's fleur de lis. I thought the same thing when I saw it.

kriegerdesgottes
03-15-2012, 10:17 PM
I just hope it still functions like the normal hidden blade and that I don't have to use it like a small dagger. I think I'm safe though.

pacmanate
03-15-2012, 11:08 PM
I just hope it still functions like the normal hidden blade and that I don't have to use it like a small dagger. I think I'm safe though.

I dont know how many times its been said that its been confirmed that connor has a HIDDEN BLADE, so im not gonna bother saying it.

FilipinoNinja67
03-15-2012, 11:12 PM
It's fleur de lis. I thought the same thing when I saw it.

I was close, thank you. But sir, what is this? You corrected me without flaming me? Some people on the multiplayer forum need to learn from you guys :P

FilipinoNinja67
03-15-2012, 11:13 PM
I dont know how many times its been said that its been confirmed that connor has a HIDDEN BLADE, so im not gonna bother saying it.

I dont think he said anything about there not being a hidden blade. ?

frogger504
03-15-2012, 11:13 PM

Hidden blade can mean anything. It looks just like the Dagger which is never seen on him, I think it's the Dagger which he keeps up his sleeve which doubles as a hidden blade.

LightRey
03-15-2012, 11:18 PM
Hidden blade can mean anything. It looks just like the Dagger which is never seen on him, I think it's the Dagger which he keeps up his sleeve which doubles as a hidden blade.
You can see the actual, regular hidden blade on the released box art.

Oh and no, regarding Assassin's Creed the hidden blade cannot mean anything else than the hidden blade the Assassins use.

pacmanate
03-15-2012, 11:18 PM

Hidden blade cannot mean "anything" at all.

kriegerdesgottes
03-15-2012, 11:29 PM

Yeah I can see there is a hidden blade in the poster behind the guys being interviewed but thanks for the newsflash. My point was that I just hope that is can still function like it always has and that I don't always have to use it like a dagger. I thought I made that clear but apparently not. I also added that I believe that it will function normally as well as be able to fold and be used as a dagger.

DavisP92
03-15-2012, 11:43 PM
it can be a detachable hidden blade that can be used as a dagger :D. and i remember hearing that you can dress more colonial or native so that would mean you can change your outfit drastically, fur outfits can be possible.

Tetsou88
03-16-2012, 02:54 AM

There is a picture of Connor fighting British soldiers with his Tomahawk in one hand and a knife that looks just like this in the other hand in Game Informer.

Jexx21
03-16-2012, 03:50 AM
I actually think that the hidden blade also doubles as a knife in AC3.

In my opinion, it seems correct as a concept art poster shows the dagger used in one of the screenshots in the GI magazine as the hidden blade.

It's not a bad idea, it's actually awesome if you ask me. It allows for more combat variations with less weapons.

Vex_Assassin
03-18-2012, 05:29 PM
There is a picture of Connor fighting British soldiers with his Tomahawk in one hand and a knife that looks just like this in the other hand in Game Informer.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m75/Vex1992/connorknife.jpg

You guys must be talking about this picture. The knife he is holding looks definitely like the "hidden blade" on the AC3 poster shown in the video. Although, I agree with LightRey and I think that the hidden blade will stay just like it has always been. In my opinion, what we're seeing in the poster is just Connor's knife.

I was close, thank you. But sir, what is this? You corrected me without flaming me? Some people on the multiplayer forum need to learn from you guys :P
I don't see the purpose of flaming you if you don't know something, we learn everyday, and you were close indeed. :p

oliacr
03-18-2012, 06:20 PM
Connor won't wear a cape! I think his robes is better without cape!

deskpe
03-18-2012, 06:35 PM
Connor wears a cape in one of the concept images aswell.

oliacr
03-18-2012, 07:09 PM
Connor wears a cape in one of the concept images aswell.
Or the cape will be detachable.

Tetsou88
03-18-2012, 07:16 PM
Or the cape will be detachable.

Maybe we'll have the option to put it on and take it off, kind of like how you can put masks and hoods on your assassin's in AC:R. I do believe capes were quite rare around the time of the American Revolution.

I would personally like an option to choose our characters outfit, a bit like how you can in AC Multiplayer, or GTA IV.

Someone said you can see the Hidden Blade in the cover art:
http://blogs-images.forbes.com/davidthier/files/2012/03/ac3360_1330623339.jpeg

I must be missing something, because I don't see it.

Vex_Assassin
03-19-2012, 02:36 AM
You can see it on his forearm that's holding the tomahawk, he's just not using it on this picture.

frogger504
03-19-2012, 04:26 AM
They said somewhere that for the winter, in those days you would die and that according to that you have to prepare for the Winter.