PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else not play 2B and 2R?

AdamXEve
03-14-2012, 09:28 PM
I played Assassin's Creed II from beginning to end probably around ten times; seriously, I loves Assassin's Creed and when I played the sequel I was absolutely blown away by the improvements made to the game and the added attention to Desmond--needless to say I was hype when Brotherhood was announced. For whatever reason as the months grew closer, however; Brotherhood just kind of faded from my mind and I didn't even think of Assassin's Creed again until Revelations was announced at E3 the following year...set for that November. Needless to say I was a bit appalled as I hate yearly series. Brotherhood I accepted originally as a glorified expansion to II to wrap up Ezio's story, but after Revelations was announced I pretty much just dismissed the series as another yearly developed title that had sold out it's original roots and of course the focus on online play only made that feeling stronger. Now, I will say this--the online is fun. I played the beta for ACR and it was a good bit of fun and I understand that it was an entirely different team working on the online portions of the games, but still, I was irked by the direction of the series.

And then...I saw the poster for ACIII. Needless to stay, this is what I was prepared to wait for three years ago without even expecting a game every year leading up to it--a new ancestor in an interesting unexplored time period! And after the trailer I was sold and decided to watch some of the cut-scenes from the other two games to get caught up with the story. Honestly, I thought both of their stories were pretty dim in comparison to ACII, but I also believed they did their purpose. Killing off Lucy and having it never explained in Revelations really confused me, but I chopped it up to something they'll get around to in this game. However, it seemed like to me that overall Revelations was used to tie-up loose-ends with Ezio and Altair's stories repsectively and really served no purpose in expanding on Desmond's story; it was also disappointing and weird how Desmond's father was introduced and no-one seemed to care how he had not even been in the series up until that point-not even Desmond, oddly.

So yeah, I'm curious if anyone else had similar experiences.

Jexx21
03-14-2012, 09:30 PM
I haven't. I personally think that ACB was better than AC2, and I haven't played ACR yet.

AdamXEve
03-14-2012, 09:43 PM
You think the story in ACB was better than the story in ACII? Or the gameplay? I suspected the gameplay would be, but I was talking about the story, which is all I really care about at this point.

pacmanate
03-14-2012, 09:49 PM
I thought AC2 was better overall because of how it had like 15 sequences and a really good story. However I love AC:B because the combat is awesome with the one move kill things. In revelations it didnt seem as cool or free flowing because of the janessarys

Jexx21
03-14-2012, 09:55 PM
Gameplay, characters, character development, cohesive transition between events, more detailed events, more details in general. I like the stories equally, but I feel like the other parts of Brotherhood exceed ACII, and so I think it's better.

The reason why I think ACB was better is because there were less characters, and you got to actually know these characters. I didn't feel like I truly knew most of the 9 Assassins that were there at Ezio's ceremony, and I didn't feel very connected to Ezio's sister (Claudia) at all (she felt like a whiny brat to me). But I did get to know La Volpe, Machiavelli, Bartolomeo, and Claudia so much better with ACB, and their characters felt so much more detailed. The events seemed more detailed to me, or at least the transitions between the events felt so much more clear and exact.

pacmanate
03-14-2012, 10:26 PM
Gameplay, characters, character development, cohesive transition between events, more detailed events, more details in general. I like the stories equally, but I feel like the other parts of Brotherhood exceed ACII, and so I think it's better.

The reason why I think ACB was better is because there were less characters, and you got to actually know these characters. I didn't feel like I truly knew most of the 9 Assassins that were there at Ezio's ceremony, and I didn't feel very connected to Ezio's sister (Claudia) at all (she felt like a whiny brat to me). But I did get to know La Volpe, Machiavelli, Bartolomeo, and Claudia so much better with ACB, and their characters felt so much more detailed. The events seemed more detailed to me, or at least the transitions between the events felt so much more clear and exact.

I agree and its mainly because they had main parts in the story and the developers actually developed THEM as characters

JumpInTheFire13
03-15-2012, 01:58 AM
I can't really decide if I liked Brotherhood or II better. They seem so difficult to compare for me because they were both amazing games.

De Filosoof
03-15-2012, 02:26 AM
So yeah, I'm curious if anyone else had similar experiences.
I had the Exact same experience :).
Also fighting the pope, that's just epic.

Tetsou88
03-15-2012, 04:08 AM
I went to the midnight release of ACII, picked up my CE and played it for a couple months, but ended up getting "new" games and putting it on hold. AC:B comes out, and I finish up ACII, and purchase AC:B(although I didn't get the CE). I ended up having relationship and depression issues and stopped playing games for a couple months, so AC:B went on the back burner. AC:R came out and I skipped over it due to not having money at that time.

I probably would've taken forever to finish AC:B, if it was not for the reveal of ACIII. Once I saw ACIII, I quickly beat AC:B(it took me four days, but I did spend a lot of time wandering like I usually do.) and purchased AC:R(I had actually received my package in the mail a day before I finished AC:B). I've spent the last couple days(when I haven't been playing other things or working) in AC:R, and I have to say it's quite good. I've only had one major issue with it (Ezio was walking into a tunnel like thing, and gets stuck on the ground like he's on a ledge, I had to go into high profile mode to get him to continue walking, and the gypsies following me looked like they were on a ledge too). Right now I'm only in Sequence 4, but I have completed all of the Assassin Den's, and most of the challenges, despite putting at least 20 hours into it.

For those interested, AC:R is $29.99 with free shipping and no tax on Amazon.com. I spent $9.99 on One-day shipping and handling, and I still payed less than if I had gone to my local Best Buy or Gamestop to buy it.