PDA

View Full Version : splinter cell (mac) graphics

tomvdm
03-14-2012, 08:01 PM
hello,

i have just downloaded splinter cell conviction form the appstore.
there is a graphical problem, when i start the game all the sponsors and developers names appear fine but when the "press any key" symbol come up it some times the writing appears and some time it does not the menu for the game does not appear either and when playing the game the scenery is undistinguishable, there are masses of colors missing and the game play is choppy. the characters do not appear and the accessories either (guns, phones)
i'm running this game a MacBookpro
Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3

i have this game on PC and i love it but i am a bit disappointed with the standard of this one.
please find a solution 25CHF is quite expensive for a game that does not work...

Green.Hornet
03-15-2012, 01:33 AM
Hello tomvdm... I'm sorry to hear about your video problem/issue... I'm not very familiar with Mac's as I am with PC's, but I will give it a shot. After looking here http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14004/~/system-requirements-for-splinter-cell-conviction-mac-version for minimum system Splinter Cell Conviction requirements MAC version; my first inclination is Splinter Cell Conviction does not support your Intel HD Graphics 3000... it's not on the list. Even if your video card was on the list, it most likely would not be supported by Splinter Cell Conviction because it's on a laptop/notebook/macbook.

I suggest you contact Ubisoft Technical Support http://support.ubisoft.com/. Ubisoft Technical Support is very helpful; as-long-as you provide them with necessary/adequate detailed information (as you did here on this forum) to help you troubleshoot the problem/issue.

Good luck. :cool:

tomvdm
03-15-2012, 09:51 PM
thanks green hornet.

i'll look into the graphics card issue. thanks for you help.
tomvdm