PDA

View Full Version : Assassins creed 3 reveal commercial!

edzilla_551
03-14-2012, 02:24 AM
:cool: I thought it was pretty cool, looks like they really want to promote this game as early as possible:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_x13VOpgDQ&feature=youtu.be

Jamison_J_B
03-14-2012, 02:45 AM
I think AC3 will be as good if not better than AC2. I'm already wishing it was 8 months from now. Come October 30th, I'll have my copy in my hands at 12:00am.

JumpInTheFire13
03-14-2012, 03:10 AM
Is it released on the 30th or the 31st? I've heard both multiple times.

frogger504
03-14-2012, 03:11 AM
I dislike this one.
It makes me want the game less actually.

It seems unofficial to me anyways.

Jexx21
03-14-2012, 03:20 AM
Is this actually on TV?

30th for NA
31st for EU

AC:Brotherhood was better than AC2, can't speak for ACR since I haven't played it.

Moultonborough
03-14-2012, 03:38 AM
They went with "America The Beautiful" for a song? Well...if they want to kill sales for international gamers that's the way to go.:rolleyes:

Jexx21
03-14-2012, 03:42 AM
It's probably a US commercial...

Moultonborough
03-14-2012, 03:47 AM
It's probably a US commercial...

Once it hit YouTube it's not. It might be some fans worst nightmare come true with the "Glorified American" image some are expecting. Oh well too bad for them. I like the Commercial though, kinda suprised it is out so early.

Jexx21
03-14-2012, 03:48 AM
If you watch any of the GI videos it's obvious that they are going to try to tell the truth of the situation.

Moultonborough
03-14-2012, 03:51 AM
Yup, I'm glad to see they are taking it that way too. Hopefully, it will shut down everyone's problem with the location.

frogger504
03-14-2012, 04:00 AM
They went with "America The Beautiful" for a song? Well...if they want to kill sales for international gamers that's the way to go.:rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm American but this trailer turned me away.

Moultonborough
03-14-2012, 04:04 AM
I'm American too. Just seems a little odd for them to choose it, when they are trying to keep away from those stereotypes. I can honestly say Very bad choice Ubisoft.

Lonesoldier2012
03-14-2012, 04:09 AM
Meh it was okay i guess. i didn't really like the voice or song though.

SolidSage
03-14-2012, 04:13 AM
Love that song.

Jexx21
03-14-2012, 04:13 AM
Guess you'll be disappointed in General Washington then Lone.

Lonesoldier2012
03-14-2012, 04:22 AM
Guess you'll be disappointed in General Washington then Lone.

That was George's voice? I thought it sounded different in the trailer.

edzilla_551
03-14-2012, 04:49 AM
maybe its the voice of a young George Washington, since the game starts at 1753, his age could roughly be around 30-35, which is pretty young and he was born in 1732.

Tetsou88
03-14-2012, 05:24 AM
If you notice this commercial was uploaded by Best Buy, an American store. So that may have to do with it, and I have a feeling Best Buy was heavily involved with it's creation.

pacmanate
03-14-2012, 09:29 AM
That was a terrible music choice, made the trailer boring

pacmanate
03-14-2012, 09:30 AM
That was George's voice? I thought it sounded different in the trailer.

It was a different voice

eagleforlife1
03-14-2012, 09:55 AM
I think the whole point of using America the Beautiful was to contrast the sterotype that people have of America being the land of liberty with the violence and bloodshed that they used to get into that position. And that maybe the way that they achieved liberty wasn't as beautiful as Americans like to imagine.

Jexx21
03-14-2012, 12:09 PM
That would make sense Eagle.

And the voice in this commercial sounded the same as the one in the trailer, and it's the same speech. I think the song might change how you perceive the voice though.

notafanboy
03-14-2012, 03:58 PM
it was kinda "meh"

Sukramo
03-14-2012, 05:04 PM
More american propaganda. Not cool.

Rycay
03-14-2012, 08:01 PM
I'm not getting excited over their song of choice for the commercial. It is just a song. I'm an American and I don't want them to flaunt America either, which I honestly don't think they'll do anyway if they were smart.

Lonesoldier2012
03-14-2012, 08:28 PM
More american propaganda. Not cool.

Then you won't like this!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf-JQ2ARsuY

Sukramo
03-14-2012, 09:56 PM
I have seen it. Though it was funny.

This whole america pride thing is a problem that the other games really didnt have.

Kill Crusaders? Meh, no one cares.

Kill random Italians? Meh, no one cares.

Kill corrupt son of evil pope? Meh, no one cares.

Kill already extinct Byzantine and Ottoman empire dudes? Meh, no one cares.

Kill AMERICAN people? RAWR, I AM OFFENDED!

Jexx21
03-14-2012, 10:01 PM
Strange thing is, I haven't seen an American complain at the concept of killing American soldiers.

I've only seen people complaining about killing British soldiers.

Eziolala
03-14-2012, 10:21 PM
Strange thing is, I haven't seen an American complain at the concept of killing American soldiers.

I think that's because while it has been said that there will be Templars on both sides, in the trailer only British were killed. In the decription of the commercial video it says we join the Americans to fight againt the British, which is what I believe a lot of people are iffy about (myself included). But I trust Ubi to make it awesome and not Americans = good guys, everyone else = bad guys.

Sukramo
03-14-2012, 10:31 PM

Welll thats because we havent seen Connor kill anyone but British yet.

The problem that I see is that in the other games you could picture pretty much anyone in a bad manner and no one cared at all. If they made Washington a bad guy people would be angry. So Ubisoft has to not offend americans in this game.

D173120T
03-14-2012, 10:44 PM
Well if thats not blatant "Americanism" i dont know what is.They have dropped a real bollock with this one,i dont think its in keeping with the AC storyline.I wont be getting this unless they can persuade me that its not just an "Brit bashing" excuse for a game,because thats what it looks like to me now.

Sukramo
03-14-2012, 11:25 PM
Well if thats not blatant "Americanism" i dont know what is.They have dropped a real bollock with this one,i dont think its in keeping with the AC storyline.I wont be getting this unless they can persuade me that its not just an "Brit bashing" excuse for a game,because thats what it looks like to me now.

Agreed. All the founding fathers will proably be saintly. I only see Charles Lee (?) as an antagonist, he looked cruel in the artwork.

http://kraken-snackin.tumblr.com/post/18649839873/young-connor-with-possibly-his-father-or-charles

" Lee's ambitions to become Commander in Chief of the Continental Army were thwarted by the appointment of George Washington (http://forums.ubi.com/wiki/George_Washington)."

Thats perfect Join-Templar-Material right there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Lee_(general)

Jexx21
03-14-2012, 11:38 PM
Right, founding fathers saintly. because they'll do that when they specifically said they'll be focusing on the reality of what everything was like.

dear god.

Lonesoldier2012
03-14-2012, 11:42 PM

It doesn't really matter to me who i kill. they died anyway.

Sukramo
03-14-2012, 11:54 PM
Right, founding fathers saintly. because they'll do that when they specifically said they'll be focusing on the reality of what everything was like.

dear god.

Protip: Dont belive in advertisement.

They managed to hype up Revelations quite abit. In the end we got the most rushed game in the series.

This game reeks of pro-Americanism. We got the flag on the cover, we got americans as closer to Connor then the british, we got American songs being played in the commercial. And finaly we got George Washington, a slave owner talking about how americans should not be slaves.

In my opinion that is a bad thing. Obviously we dont know yet, but from what has been seen so far.....

Jexx21
03-15-2012, 12:04 AM
From what I've seen ACR is really good, and it's rushed because they had a year to develop it. Americans are closer to Connor because during the Revolution they are closer to the Assassins in goal, American songs for an American commercial (which may or may not even be an actual commercial), and George Washington actually said that.

But whatever, judge a game before you play it. I'm an optimist, and from what I've read and watched that contained words from the actual developers, they are all about balance.

Also, I find it hypocritical that you say "Don't believe in advertisment", yet you judge the game based on actual advertisements.

Tetsou88
03-15-2012, 01:17 AM
I really doubt the game will be "Pro-American" due to the fact the American Government and George W. Bush are made to be the bad guys.

Also, who say's the British can't be Templar run at the time, they are the largest and strongest government at the time, which would be the perfect candidate for the Templar's attention. Also they've villain-ized several other cultures already(The AC Franchise, not the British).

In all honestly I have full confidence that Ubisoft will present the matter objectively.

brick177
03-15-2012, 02:20 AM
As an American, I found it ironic, not patriotic. You have a song that is essentially a church hymn being played over the bloody violence that was America's founding. If the irony isn't completely obvious to you, then you are looking too deep for the sole purpose of finding something to be offended by.

AdamXEve
03-15-2012, 02:24 AM
I doubt very seriously that the Americans will be the good guys or whatever. Hell, I wasn't even aware that there was a good or bad side with the Assassins and Templars; just two sides with different ideals, looking for peace. We just happen to play from the Assassins point-of-view. Connor happens to be born in America and thus will probably interact with the colonists a great deal more. But, we'll see.

Lonesoldier2012
03-15-2012, 04:07 AM
Protip: Dont belive in advertisement.

They managed to hype up Revelations quite abit. In the end we got the most rushed game in the series.

This game reeks of pro-Americanism. We got the flag on the cover, we got americans as closer to Connor then the british, we got American songs being played in the commercial. And finaly we got George Washington, a slave owner talking about how americans should not be slaves.

In my opinion that is a bad thing. Obviously we dont know yet, but from what has been seen so far.....

Because the game is set in America T_T

Kit572
03-15-2012, 08:52 AM
I didn't like the music. Thats the only part i didn't like.

"Ameeeeerrricccaaaaaaa-a!"

Jamison_J_B
03-15-2012, 09:11 AM
I wonder if people would have been offended so easily if a Italian song was played in commercials for the three AC2 games. Seriously, some people on here are trying to find any reason they can to justify their blind hatred.

I could care less if a game was based in China and a chinese anthem was played. So what!? Not all americans think they are the center of the universe, not all americans hate non-americans and lastly, I highly doubt if most americans would give a rats *** if there was a game set in a foreign country that was all patriotic in regards to the country at hand.

POP1Fan
03-15-2012, 09:39 AM
I wonder if people would have been offended so easily if a Italian song was played in commercials for the three AC2 games. Seriously, some people on here are trying to find any reason they can to justify their blind hatred.

I could care less if a game was based in China and a chinese anthem was played. So what!? Not all americans think they are the center of the universe, not all americans hate non-americans and lastly, I highly doubt if most americans would give a rats *** if there was a game set in a foreign country that was all patriotic in regards to the country at hand.

The problem is that we are killing British while hearing the American anthem, and that's bullcrap.If we heard the Italian anthem while killing italians I wouldn't have a single problem with that.
Even so...I liked the commercial, and the song was used because it is an american commerical, it doesn't change my hype for this game one bit :p

Rycay
03-15-2012, 11:40 AM
It doesn't really matter to me who i kill. they died anyway.

Agreed. And I wouldn't find it offensive at all if I saw Connor killing Colonists either. It is just a game and I, like a few other people here, trust Ubi to make the right choices with this. I understand that this kind of thing is a little sensitive.

Assassin_M
03-15-2012, 11:42 AM
I actually liked this commercial more than the full trailer..

Lonesoldier2012
03-15-2012, 10:56 PM
The problem is that we are killing British while hearing the American anthem, and that's bullcrap.If we heard the Italian anthem while killing italians I wouldn't have a single problem with that.
Even so...I liked the commercial, and the song was used because it is an american commerical, it doesn't change my hype for this game one bit :p

Fact check. The British were the bad guys T_T and it's already been said repeatedly that Templar's are on both sides.

frogger504
03-15-2012, 11:07 PM
Fact check. The British were the bad guys T_T and it's already been said repeatedly that Templar's are on both sides.

No.

What leads you to say that?

LightRey
03-15-2012, 11:14 PM
No.

The GameInformer articles.

Lonesoldier2012
03-15-2012, 11:23 PM
No.

Did you go to school? The British were the oppressors trying to keep America under it's control. bought we fought back baby and now we're free! America **** yeah!

Oh and this.

pacmanate
03-15-2012, 11:24 PM

Lightray pwn attack.

Also, I dont get why people get so worked up about their country getting killed in a game. Like honestly, who gives a crap. Think about all the shooters and the poor German people that are portrayed as "bad people"

Lonesoldier2012
03-15-2012, 11:27 PM
Lightray pwn attack.

Also, I dont get why people get so worked up about their country getting killed in a game. Like honestly, who gives a crap. Think about all the shooters and the poor German people that are portrayed as "bad people"

They were bad people LOL. i haven't seen any Germans complain about that **** COD. grow some balls UK.

frogger504
03-15-2012, 11:29 PM
Did you go to school? The British were the oppressors trying to keep America under it's control. bought we fought back baby and now we're free! America **** yeah!

Oh and this.
You do realize that the Colonists were British right?

Lonesoldier2012
03-15-2012, 11:32 PM
You do realize that the Colonists were British right?

Yes i'm aware. there are bad people on both sides in the game and bad people on both sides in real life.

frogger504
03-15-2012, 11:33 PM
History is written by the victors

Assassin_M
03-15-2012, 11:43 PM
Not exactly, If you live in USA you`ll be taught that Americans were the good guys, If you live in Britain you`d be taught that the Brits were the good guys..

Rycay
03-15-2012, 11:49 PM
Lightray pwn attack.

Thank you. This really needed to be said. I've heard so much about this issue all ready that I'm getting fed up with it. This did historically happen and I don't understand why people would be upset with it being used in a game. There's nothing you can do to change what happened 230 years ago. Killing Colonists is not going to bother me because it is just a game.

kriegerdesgottes
03-15-2012, 11:52 PM
Not exactly, If you live in USA you`ll be taught that Americans were the good guys, If you live in Britain you`d be taught that the Brits were the good guys..

I don't think that's necessarily always true. I can tell you for sure that the Germans don't tell students that they were in the right during WWII.

Assassin_M
03-15-2012, 11:53 PM
I don't think that's necessarily always true. I can tell you for sure that the Germans don't tell students that they were in the right during WWII.
Thats because Germany`s faults were too obvious..

LightRey
03-16-2012, 12:21 AM
Not entirely.

Lonesoldier2012
03-16-2012, 12:45 AM

Not necessarily. America wanted to be free. and Britain wouldn't let it. the British were the oppressors.

kriegerdesgottes
03-16-2012, 12:49 AM
Not necessarily. America wanted to be free. and Britain wouldn't let it. the British were the oppressors.

Well honestly though, that doesn't necessarily make the British evil. The British definitely did some unfair, cruel things in those days like any other nation but let's face it, if Texas one day decided to secede from the union and say we are declaring our freedom from the United States of America, I guarantee you that the U.S. would not be cool with that and would not allow them to do so just like they didn't in 1861 when the southern states did that.

Lonesoldier2012
03-16-2012, 01:42 AM
Well honestly though, that doesn't necessarily make the British evil. The British definitely did some unfair, cruel things in those days like any other nation but let's face it, if Texas one day decided to secede from the union and say we are declaring our freedom from the United States of America, I guarantee you that the U.S. would not be cool with that and would not allow them to do so just like they didn't in 1861 when the southern states did that.

Texas should have stayed it's own country. then Texas would have a President that's not an idiot.

Eziolala
03-16-2012, 06:56 AM
I think it's impossible to say that one side was good and the other bad, in many scenarios. IMO, the British weren't all that bad and that the Americans weren't all that innocent and righteous. I think this will be shown in game - templars being on both sides and all (isn't that what the GI article said? Not that British were bad and Americans were good?). I agree that the song choice is most likely for irony. I'm not sure how the original song goes (I'm not American) but it did seem to have some eeriness to it. Not a big fan of the song choice, but I can see why they put it there.