PDA

View Full Version : Assassins creed 3: Gun speculation

freddie_1897
03-13-2012, 06:37 PM
OK, so guns are going to be a big part of AC3, and if not big, certainly more than previous games. my question is What do you think guns will be like? this means Connors guns and how they work, but also the guards guns, will they be different than previous games, will they be used differently?

ArD117
03-13-2012, 06:54 PM
Pretty sure the guns used by your enemies (colonials and brits) will be historically accurate, so that would mean that they would be a pain to reload. They were also fairly inaccurate, so inaccuracy combined with long reload times equals an advantage for Connor.

Connor's fighting style is based on a Native American hunter, so I think he will ambush small groups of soldiers more than large groups of varied enemies (ie historical battles). This means that by the time the soldiers see the Assassin, he'll already be too close for them to even attempt at reloading.

This leads to bayonets. I really think that the colonials and brits will use bayonets the most against the protagonist, as they were really the most valuable tool on the battlefield. A battle in the revolutionary war almost always ended with retreat, surrender, or a fixed bayonet charge.

Steww-
03-13-2012, 07:29 PM
I think there's a connection between the fact guns will be more frequent, and Connor's fighting style will being based more on attack and movement than the previous Assassins.

You (probably) won't be able to sit back and counter much, or enemies will just shoot at you. Though guns at that time were slow to reload.

rileypoole1234
03-13-2012, 08:41 PM
They certainly used swords as well. It wasn't just guns yet. Connor will be more of a hunter so he'll not be taking anybody head on that has a gun.

eagleforlife1
03-13-2012, 09:09 PM
They certainly used swords as well. It wasn't just guns yet. Connor will be more of a hunter so he'll not be taking anybody head on that has a gun.

True. They were still using swords in WWI and even: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Churchill

Sushiglutton
03-13-2012, 09:10 PM
I think u'll be able to quickfire ur guns in combat, so you can take out two distant enemies each fight (u can't reload in fights I'm guessing).

Hopefully enemies will act more natural when they hear a gunshot so your cover will be blown in the stealth sections forcing you to get close to ur target. Would be nice if you could also free-aim your guns to shoot whatever you like.

When it comes to enemies I predict an important part of combat will be to take enemiesoput before they are able to shoot you (thinking of the pick were Connor is blocking a rifle with his tomahawk). Hopefully you'll die quickly when under gunfire adding a much needed challenge to both combat and stealth. I think they've said that speed/momentum is key to combat which would support that.

blazefp
03-13-2012, 09:27 PM
Well, since ACB that almost all rooftop guards have guns so I wouldn't say it'll change much. A bow is better anyway, faster reloading, u can put it around your chest when your not using it and u get both hands free, the arrows back then were just as fatal as bullets and it was a lot easier to aim (pistols and rifles weren't very accurate)

oliacr
03-25-2012, 12:46 AM
Guns are crap things, a real assassin only use his swords / blades / daggers / bows.

ToniTorsi
03-25-2012, 01:12 AM
Guns will take more emphasis because times are a-changing.

Here's hoping Montreal uses this feature well and implements it with a Third Person, Free Aiming feature. For a faster, more fluid and swift-paced battles.

AdamXEve
03-25-2012, 02:26 AM
Guns were still archaic and highly inacurate so I don't see how they will play a much bigger role save for having to be a bit more cautious because of the quantity of them.

Guns will take more emphasis because times are a-changing.

Here's hoping Montreal uses this feature well and implements it with a Third Person, Free Aiming feature. For a faster, more fluid and swift-paced battles.

We don't need anymore third or first person shooters or any derivatives of such on the market and considering how you would literally have to reload between nearly every shot I don't see how it's feasible to even bother wit; however, a first person (or OTS 3rd person) aiming perspective for the bow is a must.

deskpe
03-25-2012, 02:42 AM
Guns were still archaic and highly inacurate so I don't see how they will play a much bigger role save for having to be a bit more cautious because of the quantity of them.

We don't need anymore third or first person shooters or any derivatives of such on the market and considering how you would literally have to reload between nearly every shot I don't see how it's feasible to even bother wit; however, a first person (or OTS 3rd person) aiming perspective for the bow is a must.

They should have the same aiming options for both guns and bow, I dont see a reason not to. Obviously there would be no quickfire with the bow in combat.

I hope they dont do first person aiming, just zooming in a little would do fine. I never like it when games changes perspective like that.

AdamXEve
03-25-2012, 02:45 AM
The reloading could be done very quickly with arrows, but they couldn't do the same with the gun and stay within realism. Plus, I really hate the idea of AC becoming another shooter. >_>

Do the bow like Skyrim and I'll be happy.

Led_Floyd
03-25-2012, 03:02 AM
The guards will probably use swords/bayonets more in combat with Connor. If they had to reload in close quarters combat, Connor could kill them between shots rather easily.

I'd also rather use a bow than a musket, given the faster reload times, allowing for more fluid combat (using an 18th century gun in a game would be rather annoying, I'd think)

ToniTorsi
03-25-2012, 04:04 AM

Why would you downplay the most emphasized feature for one that clearly benefits of the same result just as well to suit your preference?

You took the fundamental meaning of my post and confused it with something entirely different.

We will be dual-wielding guns in this installment. An over-the-shoulder feature like RDR would be the right addition to a smooth and comfortable experience with guns. The gun aiming in Ac II, Brotherhood and ACR has received no tweak or improvement whatsoever and you always had to stop to aim and reload.

And considering we will be riding horses most of the time too, this feature clearly is beneficiary & satisfies in all fronts. It doesn't detract or detriments the experience of Assassns Creed whatsoever.

eagleforlife1
03-25-2012, 09:13 AM
I think that we will be able to use this type of rifle:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_rifle

Epsilonyx
03-25-2012, 09:44 AM
There will definitely be free-aiming, as the target lock feature has been entirely removed. However, I doubt this will become a third-person shooter, how would that work with guns that take about a minute to reload? As we've seen, Connor has two flintlock pistols, and apparently we can mix and match weapons in each hand. Theoretically we could be dual-wielding pistols.

hotgal187
03-25-2012, 09:50 AM
i hava gun pew pew p

Ayreons-Will
03-26-2012, 01:28 AM
Maybe for the sack of realism guns will misfire every so often as they would have in the real time period. They even occasionally killed the user. Now I know they wont do that to the player, but something would be satisfying about seeing a Red Coat have you dead to rights in his sights, pull the trigger and in a horrific shrapnel explosion lose his face.

DavisP92
03-26-2012, 01:44 AM
There will definitely be free-aiming, as the target lock feature has been entirely removed. However, I doubt this will become a third-person shooter, how would that work with guns that take about a minute to reload? As we've seen, Connor has two flintlock pistols, and apparently we can mix and match weapons in each hand. Theoretically we could be dual-wielding pistols.

the target lock on feature hasn't been entirely removed, the game just does it for you. I doubt we will aim with the pistols really, but i am pretty sure that we will have free-aim for the bow. mainly because that would be what we use for hunting and the developers said that if we kill an animal with one hit then we will get more money for the pelt. So that means it is possible to kill an animal with one or more then one, meaning we could make a mistake and have to shoot more then one arrow. so... free-aim :) hopefully