PDA

View Full Version : Ideas I liked for a better ACR

BhrxSnipexdownx
03-13-2012, 01:41 AM
Hello all

A brief intro: I am => Relatively new to these forums, not by any means a pro or even a vet in ACR, a person who welcomes criticism especially by more experienced players and not one who takes games too seriously.

These are some ideas that I found floating around or of my own invention that I really thought would make a better ACR; at least in my perspective, here we go:

1- Remove the vertical effect smoke bomb now has i.e. hitting people above or bellow you.

-The way i see it, smoke bomb was already powerful enough, has too short of a CD to be this effective and universal, removed the award for good players who managed to circumvent it with latitude and generally made it more popular than it already was thus taking away from the variety of game styles I see online in my wanted and DM games.

-Lure: Increase the lure award to 200 points so players have a greater incentive to branch out to other abilities other than smoke and mute without putting themselves at a big disadvantage. Although abilities such as morph and blender have little effect on better players, I believe people will have more fun with those abilities if a significant reward was given back. Think about it, some people will call those abilities brainless since they require less awareness relative to smoke/mute which require you to know who your pursuer/s are, but those abilities are powerful enough as it is since they can be used offensively in a better fashion than the lure bringing abilities can.

-Focus: Do not allow people to gain a focus bonus when a target is smoked, you can still legitimately acquire a focus bonus if a target is incapacitated or you are above them and have the patience not to strike early, make it so it discourages OSB poison because if it was changed, people would burn out 2 abilities for a high scoring kill BUT would still have to earn their focus elsewhere.

-Approach meter: If a target is moving in high profile a.k.a running around, change the meter so it does not decrease (nor increase) if you are running behind them as if they are unaware or less aware of your presence when running. Why? Think about it, that level 2 in your wanted/dm game is not going to care where he places on the board but you will, make it so you can still get a good kill for chasing him all around the map and exposing yourself to all your pursuers while simultaneously looking like an idiot worth something. This will also discourage the people from resorting to gun or killing a civilian in frustration =p.

-Disguise(not sure about this one) Give it the hidden kill bonus (if disguised for more than 2 seconds), so people could substitute the almighty smoke bomb for a different variety, give it that extra up especially since the stun prompt is the way it is in ACR.

-Bringing back the ability to lock while in a kill animation (big one)- Enough threads are on about this, but players who are skillful enough to use this feature should be rewarded. Assassinate too hard for you? Play something else, you will not walk into a gametype that has become a sort of mlg in ACR and expect to beat players like chachi, rainin, evil and Neenkin etc using an almighty smoke and getting easy kills it makes no sense. They worked hard on developing their skills and should be rewarded, its like walking into the mlg playlist in halo or ranked alpha in gears and complaining that the easy to use features or weapons are not there. I for one was looking forward to improving my assassinate gameplay but I do not want it to be any easier for me to beat those players, because if one day I managed it, it would actually be an achievement.

Again, thoughts from a gamer who enjoys ACR, feel free to post whatever you like.

Edit: About the meter with regard to chases, perhaps they would only trigger if you had the pursuer locked; haven't really thought of a way around that since chases are always good fun =D.

MandalorE1928
03-13-2012, 04:09 AM
hey and welcome to the forums

Hello all

A brief intro: I am => Relatively new to these forums, not by any means a pro or even a vet in ACR, a person who welcomes criticism especially by more experienced players and not one who takes games too seriously.

These are some ideas that I found floating around or of my own invention that I really thought would make a better ACR; at least in my perspective, here we go:

1- Remove the vertical effect smoke bomb now has i.e. hitting people above or bellow you.

-The way i see it, smoke bomb was already powerful enough, has too short of a CD to be this effective and universal, removed the award for good players who managed to circumvent it with latitude and generally made it more popular than it already was thus taking away from the variety of game styles I see online in my wanted and DM games.

That + Smoke really needs an increased cooldown (at least 90s basic)
It wasn't powerful enough before, it was already overpowered...
OSB was overused in that game before the patch, just cause of the cooldown and the advantages it has in comparison to other defensive abilities.
What the patch brought was nerfing 2 of the best ways to avoid being smoked without an ability.
In Brotherhood a good player could avoid being smoked about any time (I mainly did by using steps/chimneys/running up walls or by rushing through smoke range by running into kill range after approaching slowly and thus having the target dropping it too late to get you cause of the delay.

now most approaches to avoid smoke vertically do fail, same for rushing through delays, caused by lag ppl. will even more often drop smoke while you are already half through kill animation on your screen.
Running up walls to avoid smoke was already nerfed by increasing stun range and get soaked back to ground most of the time you could use it as a surprise.

It somehow looks like they are consistently nerfing anything that could be a counter to smoke and that way promote the game being a smoke fest like it is right now.

-Lure: Increase the lure award to 200 points so players have a greater incentive to branch out to other abilities other than smoke and mute without putting themselves at a big disadvantage. Although abilities such as morph and blender have little effect on better players, I believe people will have more fun with those abilities if a significant reward was given back. Think about it, some people will call those abilities brainless since they require less awareness relative to smoke/mute which require you to know who your pursuer/s are, but those abilities are powerful enough as it is since they can be used offensively in a better fashion than the lure bringing abilities can.

Lure is ok the way it is, the thing thats wrong with smoke is not that you get more points by stunning all the time but it is easier than getting lure or escape and cause of the cooldown you have it ready nearly whenever you need it.
Lure in comparison helps with variety and in comparison to smoke adds up with close call while being chased.

-Focus: Do not allow people to gain a focus bonus when a target is smoked, you can still legitimately acquire a focus bonus if a target is incapacitated or you are above them and have the patience not to strike early, make it so it discourages OSB poison because if it was changed, people would burn out 2 abilities for a high scoring kill BUT would still have to earn their focus elsewhere.

would help, but again the main problem is the cooldown, if you wouldn't have it ready that frequently you would really thing about using it for any reason.

-Approach meter: If a target is moving in high profile a.k.a running around, change the meter so it does not decrease (nor increase) if you are running behind them as if they are unaware or less aware of your presence when running. Why? Think about it, that level 2 in your wanted/dm game is not going to care where he places on the board but you will, make it so you can still get a good kill for chasing him all around the map and exposing yourself to all your pursuers while simultaneously looking like an idiot worth something. This will also discourage the people from resorting to gun or killing a civilian in frustration =p.

This would actually promote chasing ppl. instead... the right way to handle running ppl is still cutting them off or waiting for a move that exposes them (kill/stun)
Sure you won't get as many approach points but thats the reason for the RDM, not getting a silent or icog on any kill.
You can also counter free running efficiently by knives or the gun (yes the gun, there actually is a point using it on those ppl. cause you can easily pull off the execution or mid air bonus on runners and get variety bonuses faster).
What I would agree on is that if you are chased you will not start a chase on your target.
You still get pretty obvious by hitting reckless and having a red arrow on your head and running around but as long as you don't just run directly into your target (which is a fail worth getting stunned, even while being chased) there shouldn't be a penalty of your target getting a free escape just by the fact that you have to escape some running idiot at the same time.

-Disguise(not sure about this one) Give it the hidden kill bonus (if disguised for more than 2 seconds), so people could substitute the almighty smoke bomb for a different variety, give it that extra up especially since the stun prompt is the way it is in ACR.

No just no, this actuallly made brotherhood the hidden/poison marathon it was in the late game time (at least in wanted) not talking bout roofers getting hidden kills by just using an ability like some kind of roof poison :D.
One nice effect disguise had and that should be back to revelations (am quite sure it was removed, but can't test it) is that it breaks the lock of your pursuer if you are popping disguise out of pursuers LOS while being blended.
And possibly the hidden effect you got in a chase (I guess the escape meter should increase if you popped disguise out of Pursuers LOS and he then comes back into LOS)
but possibly this also will lead to disguise being OP again (remember off sight disguising in a chase and then trolling my pursuer cause he had no chance coming near me again cause of hidden effect giving me an escape and fast escape perk (or however it is called) letting me escape even faster while the guy knows where I am but doesn't reach me before I win the chase,

-Bringing back the ability to lock while in a kill animation (big one)- Enough threads are on about this, but players who are skillful enough to use this feature should be rewarded. Assassinate too hard for you? Play something else, you will not walk into a gametype that has become a sort of mlg in ACR and expect to beat players like chachi, rainin, evil and Neenkin etc using an almighty smoke and getting easy kills it makes no sense. They worked hard on developing their skills and should be rewarded, its like walking into the mlg playlist in halo or ranked alpha in gears and complaining that the easy to use features or weapons are not there. I for one was looking forward to improving my assassinate gameplay but I do not want it to be any easier for me to beat those players, because if one day I managed it, it would actually be an achievement.

2nd that, though I personally dont care about Assassinate cause for me the lag and the log fight it actually is don't add up to sth playable I see the removed animation lock only causing problems there and not helping anything.
Also in Manhunt it additionaly nerfs disguise approaches for multiple kills, and thus promoting OSB once again.

xjjm420x
03-13-2012, 06:16 AM
I played you in the last couple days and it was so dumb, the locks would take over five seconds to register. Why you lag bro?

BhrxSnipexdownx
03-13-2012, 12:37 PM
I played you in the last couple days and it was so dumb, the locks would take over five seconds to register. Why you lag bro?

Didn't know I did =/, could be a regional thing however.

BhrxSnipexdownx
03-13-2012, 12:41 PM
@Mandalor

Thanks for feedback =), personally I like smoke bombs overpowerdness pre patch because it is in my eyes the epitome of a bad*ss assassin =D, don't like my acros getting nerfed though =D. With regard to RDM I just hate it when I equip a poison set and then have a running target, it seems to take forever to try and get it off but that's wanted right? All about changing it up depending on what type of people your playing.

xjjm420x
03-13-2012, 02:50 PM
Yeah i checked out where everyone was from you were UK and everyone else was US. But the entire lobby was like that. I would lock someone during kill animation walk up let it finish and still not have them as my contract yet just to stand there for another five seconds before being able to kill them. But its all good I just backed out