PDA

View Full Version : Why descarded Desmond ?

matheus_737
03-13-2012, 12:22 AM
One of the few mistakes of AC's serie is the way they use Desmond in all games, he looks a sloppy guy without a great story like Ezio/Altair, he's personality is not strong , he not grow like in AC2, UBI made him a chose one, the savior of world but he never demonstrated such personality.
So much potencial he has now I wish they not dissapointed me more in AC3 made him a real ancestor of the great Altair and the Il Mentore Ezio, a strong person a real AC character.
He most save the world does not? Change him and value-in.

rileypoole1234
03-13-2012, 12:29 AM
I don't know what you mean. I think Desmond's personality is great. He is the most important in AC as of right now. We got to know him very well in ACR through those first person missions. I think Desmond's a great character.

I have to say it

I wonder the testicle.

Lonesoldier2012
03-13-2012, 12:42 AM
I don't know what you mean. I think Desmond's personality is great. He is the most important in AC as of right now. We got to know him very well in ACR through those first person missions. I think Desmond's a great character.

I have to say it

I wonder the testicle.

Agreed.

LightRey
03-13-2012, 12:44 AM

I have to say it

I wonder the testicle.
Well said.

JCearlyyears
03-13-2012, 01:48 AM
Desmond has a good character, they just don't spend enough time with him to really get to know him.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-13-2012, 02:44 AM
One of the few mistakes of AC's serie is the way they use Desmond in all games, he looks a sloppy guy without a great story like Ezio/Altair, he's personality is not strong , he not grow like in AC2, UBI made him a chose one, the savior of world but he never demonstrated such personality.
So much potencial he has now I wish they not dissapointed me more in AC3 made him a real ancestor of the great Altair and the Il Mentore Ezio, a strong person a real AC character.
He most save the world does not? Change him and value-in.

Let's see,... how do I put this in terms the OP can understand?

Your opinions no good. I feel mo'e better from increasing intelect. Because of that, the world is a whole lot gooder now.

Thanks bunches.

Lonesoldier2012
03-13-2012, 03:25 AM
Let's see,... how do I put this in terms the OP can understand?

Your opinions no good. I feel mo'e better from increasing intelect. Because of that, the world is a whole lot gooder now.

Thanks bunches.

People are from other countries on these forums. be respectful.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-13-2012, 03:40 AM

With all due respect, if I were a non native speaking person, I would either let them all know as justification, and would use a translator.

Calvarok
03-13-2012, 04:37 AM
I enjoy posts like the OP. Wether it comes from being a young kid who can't spell or use grammar, or someone who doesn't speak/write english, it's just entertaining to see such failure to communicate/misunderstanding of what can actually be accomplished on forums.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-13-2012, 05:04 AM
^
This.

Lonesoldier2012
03-13-2012, 06:06 AM
With all due respect, if I were a non native speaking person, I would either let them all know as justification, and would use a translator.

If you couldn't tell the poor bastard is probably using Google translator.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-13-2012, 06:11 AM
Wait, why is flatuence (ie, ****) blocked but bastard gets to sneak through? Or the fact that you can't spell ****on? Is there a pissed off former Ubisoft employee on the loose?

Are you trying to tell me that Googles Translator is "mo'e better"?

Jamison_J_B
03-13-2012, 06:12 AM

This.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-13-2012, 06:16 AM
Key words being "Other Countries". For all you know, I'm from the same country this kid is.

Lonesoldier2012
03-13-2012, 06:16 AM
Wait, why is flatuence (ie, ****) blocked but bastard gets to sneak through? Or the fact that you can't spell ****on? Is there a pissed off former Ubisoft employee on the loose?

Are you trying to tell me that Googles Translator is "mo'e better"?

Yeah the censor is crap. it's been discussed. worse things then that aren't censored either.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-13-2012, 06:57 AM
Such as?

InfectedNation
03-13-2012, 09:30 AM
Desmond barely had a personality in Revelations, acting like he was half asleep the whole game... hopefully this time we'll see his trademark cynical traits (from AC1 ) slip back in...
Also it would be good to see him act more like some sort of leader or at least doing more than he is just told. (In Brotherhood he was totally Lucy's b**ch.

Jennifer75s
03-13-2012, 10:02 AM
I wish they not dissapointed me more in AC3 made him a real ancestor of the great Altairhttp://www.subeducation.info/avatar4.jpg

Jennifer75s
03-13-2012, 10:03 AM
I am thinking...http://www.subeducation.info/avatar4.jpg

POP1Fan
03-13-2012, 10:13 AM
Desmond barely had a personality in Revelations, acting like he was half asleep the whole game... hopefully this time we'll see his trademark cynical traits (from AC1 ) slip back in...
Also it would be good to see him act more like some sort of leader or at least doing more than he is just told. (In Brotherhood he was totally Lucy's b**ch.
He felt asleep because he was in a coma xD But I don't think he should be the leader, that should be William.

eagleforlife1
03-13-2012, 10:32 AM
I have to say it

I wonder the testicle.

Never a truer word spoken.

LightRey
03-13-2012, 11:52 AM

Be that as it may it's certainly preferable if they do use correct spelling and grammar as much as possible. I'd also like to point out that it's rather hypocritical to call out Ubisoft on making "mistakes" if the post in which you say it is filled with grammatical errors.

InfectedNation
03-13-2012, 01:18 PM
He felt asleep because he was in a coma xD But I don't think he should be the leader, that should be William.

Okay I phrased that wrong... Desmond needs to be more independent.

YuurHeen
03-13-2012, 01:31 PM
Desmond is the avatar for the player. he has the centre of everything and therefore is not as colorfull as other characters. it has been used often in other stories.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-13-2012, 05:12 PM
Be that as it may it's certainly preferable if they do use correct spelling and grammar as much as possible. I'd also like to point out that it's rather hypocritical to call out Ubisoft on making "mistakes" if the post in which you say it is filled with grammatical errors.

I know it isn't a get out of jail free card... but,... thank you.

Chariflame
03-13-2012, 06:22 PM
Even if you dislike Desmond (OP or anyone), you must remember that there are a lot of people who do like him! He's my favourite character in the series, even more so than the more developed characters like Ezio.

I think the main problem is his lack of screentime and the fact he's not as 'skilled' as his ancestors; you have to start somewhere! I'm hoping ACIII develops him more in that light, now he's gained the skills and is in the final setting for the last of the plot to unfold. It's his last game, I'm hoping people will learn to appreciate him more.

Lonesoldier2012
03-14-2012, 01:01 AM
Such as?

If i say the thread will get locked cause we mocked the censor.

Black_Widow9
03-14-2012, 01:23 AM
If i say the thread will get locked cause we mocked the censor.
Being off-topic through the whole thing will get it locked too. :p

Poodle_of_Doom
03-14-2012, 02:01 AM
You should lock it due to the inability to determine what the topic is exactly.

Apirka
03-14-2012, 02:30 AM
You should lock it due to the inability to determine what the topic is exactly.

Reading the OP, I'd say they want Desmond to have more screentime and a better characterization so he'll be a worthy descendant of Altair and Ezio and him being the chosen one is reflected in his personality.

...Really, I've seen much worse than that, there's no reason to be a jerk.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-14-2012, 03:26 AM
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee204/devilman2045/Owl.png

Jexx21
03-14-2012, 03:26 AM
It sort of sounds like he thinks that Desmond has too much screen time.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-14-2012, 03:30 AM
And I'm able to see both points of view... so,... thread locked?