PDA

View Full Version : Requesting permission for YouTube-Uploads

Justforvisit
03-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Hello everyone,

I have played Assassins Creed 1 looong ago and just recently finally found the time and started with Assassins Creed II & Brotherhood on PC and totally love those games.

I already asked in the german Ubisoft Forum but I didn't get a too clear answer (it's quite dead there :/ ) , so I thought maybe on international level it would be a bit more successful.

As the title already indicates, I'd like to ask if we're allowed to upload walkthroughs of AC I, II, Brotherhood and maybe even Revelations?

An answer from the community manager would be most appreciated but everyone else who know's their way around is welcome as well :)

Thanks for any helpful answer in advance so far!

Ferrith
03-12-2012, 10:31 PM
I am not the Community Manager, but...

If you write a disclaimer stating clearly the copyright owners and give full credits to Ubisoft and anyone else involved in the titles' releases (a couple of links to the official site and forums will be nice, too) I don't think you will have problems in uploading walkthrough videos. A lot of players do.

Anykeyer
03-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Everybody do this. You dont need written or any other form of permission. You may get problems (by problems I mean you video will be removed, nothing more) only if you upload footage taken from game that's not officially released yet.

TheLeoCrow
03-12-2012, 11:49 PM
Um, making a walkthrough for POP 2008 got my YT account deleted so if you make a walkthrough, make sure to talk in it, not just show the game as it is. Make a commentary and you'll probably be safe