PDA

View Full Version : Persistant Character

Tetsou88
03-12-2012, 04:38 AM
One of the things that has bugged me about the previous games is the lack of a persistent character. What I mean by this is that you bought a knife pouch upgrade, and you saw it visibly on your character, but if you ran out of knives, your pouches would still have knives in them.

While this is not a game breaking feature(or lack of feature more or less), it would be rather neat to see. While throwing knives may not be returning(I hope they do) and Connor does not appear to have a knife pouch on him, it could apply to his arrows. If you have 10 arrows, you can visibly see them in his quiver, fire one, he know has 9 in his quiver.

I also wish the armor's in AC2 and it's spinoffs had persistence. When you broke your armors it would be reflected in your characters health, but if you look at Ezio, his armor was nice and shiny like nothing had happened. While armor may not be returning(it was not commonly worn at the time), it would be nice to see Connor's clothes reflect his damage. It would be purely cosmetic, and you would have to get it repaired at a tailor.

I honestly would like more persistence with damage, but that would be rather hard to pull off in an open world game where you can heal at any time(although there are a few games out there where the amount of damage you took reflected as scars). Although temporary damage would be nice to see too, such as limping for a short amount of time after falling from a considerable height.

None of this would negatively effect game play(although that could always be an option for those who like harder games), but the cosmetic values it adds would be pretty cool.

pirate1802
03-12-2012, 04:47 AM
The armour breaking feature was in AC2, you could see the cracks on a broken armour. Not sure about te later games. Good suggestion though. ;)

Tetsou88
03-12-2012, 04:52 AM
The armour breaking feature was in AC2, you could see the cracks on a broken armour. Not sure about te later games. Good suggestion though. ;)

I never noticed that. I'll definitely have to boot it up and see it in action!

I believe I can't see it in AC:B and AC:R though.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-12-2012, 04:53 AM
No... never mind the fact that the Bard of Awesome came down and wrote a twisted tail for your captivation. That said, have you ever stopped to think that this may have been what the worlds greatest song was about?

Tetsou88
03-12-2012, 05:06 AM
No... never mind the fact that the Bard of Awesome came down and wrote a twisted tail for your captivation. That said, have you ever stopped to think that this may have been what the worlds greatest song was about?

I do not get your reference.

If it applies to AC:R I'm only in Sequence 3(despite playing for the majority of the last two days).

Poodle_of_Doom
03-12-2012, 07:11 AM
My point was that the series as a whole is rathe spectacular, and the fact that the writers have managed to come up with such an amazing story is amazing in itself. But lets forget all that, and nit pick over the fact that you never seem to lose knives.

And the part about the worlds greatest song was exactly that. I speculate that the worlds greates song was based on AC. What's the worlds greatest song you say? Well nobody knows... they only know the Tribute,... you have heard Tribute right?

eagleforlife1
03-12-2012, 07:26 AM
My point was that the series as a whole is rathe spectacular, and the fact that the writers have managed to come up with such an amazing story is amazing in itself. But lets forget all that, and nit pick over the fact that you never seem to lose knives.

And the part about the worlds greatest song was exactly that. I speculate that the worlds greates song was based on AC. What's the worlds greatest song you say? Well nobody knows... they only know the Tribute,... you have heard Tribute right?

The series as a whole is rather spectacular and its sales reflect that. But for Christ sake people are allowed to pick up on points that they think could improve the game.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-12-2012, 07:43 AM
You mad bro?

eagleforlife1
03-12-2012, 07:47 AM
You mad bro?

It justs pisses me off when people think that the sun shines out of Ubisoft's arses and the moment when one person says something remotely critical it is not allowed.

Tetsou88
03-12-2012, 05:27 PM

It's not like I'm saying "This game is crap because it doesn't have this." If you read my post, I state that it is nothing major, but it would be something neat. If given the choice between gameplay and story over what I pointed out, I would prefer gameplay and story, but if they had the extra time and man power, it's not like adding my idea would hurt the game. Thousands of games add little neat touches.

GeneralTrumbo
03-12-2012, 06:26 PM
Now that I think about it, this really doesn't make sense. Hopefully they change this in Assassins Creed 3.

DavisP92
03-12-2012, 06:35 PM
I'm not for the scars but with the arrows, if we hold 10 in the quiver then i'd like them to go down in number (in which you can see on Connor) as he shoots

Poodle_of_Doom
03-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Yeah... I think the series could use more guns.