PDA

View Full Version : cesare borgia conspiracy

Account_Deleted
03-12-2012, 12:38 AM
I'm sorry if this has been bought up before but..
http://www.omg-facts.com/view/Facts/49835

GeneralTrumbo
03-12-2012, 12:42 AM
This has been brought up before. Jesus yes, most likely would have not been fully white.

rileypoole1234
03-12-2012, 12:46 AM
Aha I remember seeing this before. I thought and still do think it's very interesting. I don't agree with them saying that Jesus would'nt have looked European. RELIGIOUS TALK STARTS HERE:

If Jesus was truly the son of God, God could have made Jesus look any way he wanted him to look. If God wanted to make Jesus look European, why wouldn't he be able to? Jesus was the son of God, and he had no human father to pass his traits down to him, so he could've looked any way God wanted him to. RELIGIOUS TALK ENDS.

I still think would be interesting if that really was Cesare Borgia in that painting though.

SixKeys
03-12-2012, 01:25 AM
Aha I remember seeing this before. I thought and still do think it's very interesting. I don't agree with them saying that Jesus would'nt have looked European. RELIGIOUS TALK STARTS HERE:

If Jesus was truly the son of God, God could have made Jesus look any way he wanted him to look. If God wanted to make Jesus look European, why wouldn't he be able to? Jesus was the son of God, and he had no human father to pass his traits down to him, so he could've looked any way God wanted him to. RELIGIOUS TALK ENDS.

I still think would be interesting if that really was Cesare Borgia in that painting though.

Jesus was born in the Middle East to a Jewish mother. His task was to convince as many people around him that he was the messenger of the same God they worshipped and a descendant of king David. Assuming God wanted Jesus to be convincing, the smartest thing to do would have been to make him look like a Jewish Middle-Eastern guy, not a white European guy.

The only reason Jesus was depicted during the Renaissance the way most people picture him these days was because Europeans couldn't imagine themselves worshipping a dark-skinned Jewish guy.

rileypoole1234
03-12-2012, 01:51 AM
Jesus was born in the Middle East to a Jewish mother. His task was to convince as many people around him that he was the messenger of the same God they worshipped and a descendant of king David. Assuming God wanted Jesus to be convincing, the smartest thing to do would have been to make him look like a Jewish Middle-Eastern guy, not a white European guy.

The only reason Jesus was depicted during the Renaissance the way most people picture him these days was because Europeans couldn't imagine themselves worshipping a dark-skinned Jewish guy.

I think it would've made more sense to make Jesus look European. If you see two people trying to tell you something, are you going to listen to the guy that looks the same as everybody else? Or are you going to listen to the interesting one, the one that catches your eye. The one that makes you say "wow! Who's that and what is he telling me?" What I was really trying to say is that God could've made him look however he wanted, so it's completely plausible that Jesus looked that way.

But whatever. I don't want to start a fight about religion here so I think we should end it hahah.

fugazi787
03-12-2012, 01:55 AM
Man made ideas.

SixKeys
03-12-2012, 02:27 AM
I think it would've made more sense to make Jesus look European. If you see two people trying to tell you something, are you going to listen to the guy that looks the same as everybody else? Or are you going to listen to the interesting one, the one that catches your eye. The one that makes you say "wow! Who's that and what is he telling me?" What I was really trying to say is that God could've made him look however he wanted, so it's completely plausible that Jesus looked that way.

But whatever. I don't want to start a fight about religion here so I think we should end it hahah.

Again, though, one of the biggest "selling points" for Jesus to be who he claimed he was was that he was supposed to be descended from king David, another Middle-Eastern Jewish guy. If he would have looked totally different it would have at least raised a few eyebrows. Secondly, I'm afraid race doesn't quite work the way you describe, especially back in those days. People are more likely to trust someone who looks like them. The only reason he as a white guy would have caught their eye would be because that would have meant he was a foreigner claiming to be the king of the Jews. If what you're saying would be true, then the reverse should have worked for Europeans. Jesus would have been depicted as a black guy in all the renaissance paintings because hey, he stands out. He looks different, so let's hear what he has to say. But that's not how people thought back then. They saw their own race as the pure ones, as God's chosen people, and couldn't imagine being led by someone that didn't fit their image of what their leader should look like. I imagine the people in Jesus's time would have been thinking along those exact same lines. God could have made him look like whatever he wanted, but why would you assume against all logic that he would make Jesus a white guy in a time and place where that would only have worked against him?

I don't think the topic here is religion so much as race, BTW.

rileypoole1234
03-12-2012, 02:49 AM
Again, though, one of the biggest "selling points" for Jesus to be who he claimed he was was that he was supposed to be descended from king David, another Middle-Eastern Jewish guy. If he would have looked totally different it would have at least raised a few eyebrows. Secondly, I'm afraid race doesn't quite work the way you describe, especially back in those days. People are more likely to trust someone who looks like them. The only reason he as a white guy would have caught their eye would be because that would have meant he was a foreigner claiming to be the king of the Jews. If what you're saying would be true, then the reverse should have worked for Europeans. Jesus would have been depicted as a black guy in all the renaissance paintings because hey, he stands out. He looks different, so let's hear what he has to say. But that's not how people thought back then. They saw their own race as the pure ones, as God's chosen people, and couldn't imagine being led by someone that didn't fit their image of what their leader should look like. I imagine the people in Jesus's time would have been thinking along those exact same lines. God could have made him look like whatever he wanted, but why would you assume against all logic that he would make Jesus a white guy in a time and place where that would only have worked against him?

I don't think the topic here is religion so much as race, BTW.

You are certainly right in some respects, but the truth is we'll not know until we die. This is all coming from a Christian, so I believe that we'll find out when we die. Every question we have about anything will be answered. This also calls into question the shroud of Turin, which many believe depicts the actual, true face of Christ himself. The image is what looks like a European man, not a Middle Eastern man. I hope someday to be able to study this. They've ran tests on the shroud, of course taking a piece of it that was from a corner that was repaired most likely in medieval times, so it didn't read as old as it should've to be authentic. Once I become an archaeologist (which I'm studying for now) I hope I can answer some of these burning questions I have.

Basically we'll never know what race Jesus was for sure, and once we do, we'll not be able to tell anybody.