PDA

View Full Version : The Next AC trilogy after 3? Post or Pre-Desmond

Radman500
03-11-2012, 09:43 PM
i think AC3 will be the end of "Desmond's story"... but not the end of the franchise... i don't see Ubisoft ending Assassins Creed for a long, long time... i suspect a new trilogy that will focus on a new character, and new ancestors etc.

they will have to have the animus of course, a new character reliving the memories of his ancestors....

how would you want the next trilogy to be.... i don't think another trilogy would be "milking" (i hate that term by the way) the series.. if done right, i would perfectly be fine with another trilogy or so on.... as long as it is somewhat relative to Desmond's story, and does not retcon or try to mess up alot of Desmond's story

would you like the next trilogy, the next main protagonist to be like

40 years after the events of Desmond

or a prequel trilogy before Desmond

anything can work fine

pacmanate
03-11-2012, 09:46 PM
Who knows, what if Desmond doesn't even stop the solar flare?

Assassin_M
03-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Why speculate about whats after AC III ?
Why rush things ? we dont even know Desmond`s situation, yet..
Its like your Mother is still cooking dinner and you ask "what will we have for dinner TOMORROW" ??

Radman500
03-11-2012, 09:53 PM
Its like your Mother is still cooking dinner and you ask "what will we have for dinner TOMORROW" ??

i remember hearing something like AC3 will be the last desmond game, but they will continue the series

Assassin_M
03-11-2012, 09:55 PM
i remember hearing something like AC3 will be the last desmond game, but they will continue the series
This is true..
But still, what does this have to do with what I said ?

LightRey
03-11-2012, 10:31 PM
I agree. Let's speculate on those things when we actually have something to speculate on.

CreedVision
03-11-2012, 10:35 PM
It's okay to think ahead but this is all assuming Desmond succeeds and everything is saved and "back to normal". I think it depends on what happens in this game really. As someone stated what if Desmond doesn't stop the solar flare, or if there is something else that happens that may warrant more of Desmond's attention.

Assassin_M
03-11-2012, 10:36 PM
It's okay to think ahead but this is all assuming Desmond succeeds and everything is saved and "back to normal". I think it depends on what happens in this game really. As someone stated what if Desmond doesn't stop the solar flare, or if there is something else that happens that may warrant more of Desmond's attention.
This is exactly why we can`t be thinking ahead of ourselves..

D.I.D.
03-11-2012, 10:46 PM
Why must my choices be prequel or 2052?

Futuristic Assassin's Creed would inevitably be appalling space opera tosh because nobody gets that right anymore. Not keen on prequels either because it gives me Lucasfear.

Just give me 2013-2014, and a central character who isn't male, white or partially white would make a nice change.

beatledude210
03-11-2012, 10:49 PM
I'm definitely agreeing with those who are saying DO NOT RUSH THINGS. Besides, it's been said that AC3 will complete Desmond's story, but there will be an annual franchise afterwards considering they have so many unique historical settings to choose from for future games. The only thing that puzzles me is if they'll have a present character using the Animus or not. But I won't worry about that, because only time will tell.

Assassin_M
03-11-2012, 10:49 PM
Why must my choices be prequel or 2052?

Futuristic Assassin's Creed would inevitably be appalling space opera tosh because nobody gets that right anymore. Not keen on prequels either because it gives me Lucasfear.

Just give me 2013-2014, and a central character who isn't male, white or partially white would make a nice change.
How about a Female African-American Lesbian ?
That different enough for ya :P

brick177
03-11-2012, 11:05 PM
Technically Altair was Semitic not Caucasian. So there's that.

Assassin_M
03-11-2012, 11:06 PM
Neither is Connor..

D.I.D.
03-11-2012, 11:08 PM

He has a white parent, as does Connor.

Assassin_M
03-11-2012, 11:09 PM
How do you know Altair`s parents ?

brick177
03-11-2012, 11:11 PM

You're thinking of Altair's wife who was a crusader, we don't know what Altair's parents were.

SolidSage
03-11-2012, 11:16 PM
Maybe we should be speculating, if 3's production is anything to go by, 4 is already in work.

Not a Desmond do over, but I don't want to see the Templars go, we've got to have our Nemesis. It has to progress tge current storyline right? So more about the TWCB, but not the end of the World.

D.I.D.
03-11-2012, 11:16 PM
You're thinking of Altair's wife who was a crusader, we don't know what Altair's parents were.

No I'm not. He had a Christian mother, from northern Europe.

Assassin_M
03-11-2012, 11:17 PM
No I'm not. He had a Christian mother, from northern Europe.
Again, how do you know that ?
I know she was Christian, but how do you know she was European ?

D.I.D.
03-11-2012, 11:19 PM
How do you know Altair`s parents ?

I can't remember where exactly it's said in the games, but Jade Raymond pointed it out in the presentations before AC1 came out. It is in the game lore too.

[edit] Come to think of it, I think it might be talked about in AC1 - possibly Vidic? I thought this was pretty well known. I should point out I've never read any of the novels, so any information I know only comes from the games.

dxsxhxcx
03-11-2012, 11:19 PM
if they do this I think that it should happen after Desmond's time to give more freedom to the writers to do whatever they want, if they make a prequel they wouldn't have much freedom because they would need to be careful (specially in the modern day part) to not contradict some events of Desmond's trilogy...

D.I.D.
03-11-2012, 11:21 PM
Again, how do you know that ?
I know she was Christian, but how do you know she was European ?

It's in the fiction. It's why Altair looks like a white man, and perhaps it was meant to justify his anachronistic Western voice in some way too.

Assassin_M
03-11-2012, 11:21 PM
if they do this I think that it should happen after Desmond's time to give more freedom to the writers to do whatever they want, if they make a prequel they wouldn't have much freedom because they would need to be careful (speacilly in the modern day part) to not contradict some events of Desmond's trilogy...
I dont think Desmond`s story is a Trilogy anymore..

It's in the fiction. It's why Altair looks like a white man, and perhaps it was meant to justify his anachronistic Western voice in some way too.
Ahhhh No, Altair looks Middle eastern, and his western Accent in AC I was done on purpose by the Animus..

Assassin_M
03-11-2012, 11:23 PM
Ahhhh No, Altair looks Middle eastern, and his western Accent in AC I was done on purpose by the Animus..

D.I.D.
03-11-2012, 11:28 PM
I dont think Desmond`s story is a Trilogy anymore..

He couldn't look more white to me. He looks nothing like the other Arab/Muslim characters.

I know they picked the American accent for the marketing, that's why I said it was an anachronistic choice. I'm not suggesting he should have a European accent either, since he's supposed to have been born in Syria and raised by his dad (since his mother is said to have died in childbirth).

Assassin_M
03-11-2012, 11:33 PM
He couldn't look more white to me. He looks nothing like the other Arab/Muslim characters.

I know they picked the American accent for the marketing, that's why I said it was an anachronistic choice. I'm not suggesting he should have a European accent either, since he's supposed to have been born in Syria and raised by his dad (since his mother is said to have died in childbirth).
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100811001604/assassinscreed/images/c/c1/Head_01_by_phat3d.jpg

He isnt Caucasian really..
and there is no proof of his mother being of European Heritage..

SolidSage
03-11-2012, 11:38 PM
The good thing about Creed is that the main plot can move torward in time but we have the freedom to go and play further in the past. Rooftops might start to be an issue though. Celtic Creed anyone?

D.I.D.
03-11-2012, 11:47 PM
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100811001604/assassinscreed/images/c/c1/Head_01_by_phat3d.jpg

But that's the picture of the white French Canadian man on whom Desmond and Altair were modelled. I'm not sure what point this is supposed to make.

I'm not going to play all the games again to find the specific mention of his mother being European. The fact that Altair and Desmond could be capped from the same man ought to tell you enough. Google it or something, tons of sources there on his parentage.

SolidSage
03-11-2012, 11:49 PM
if they do this I think that it should happen after Desmond's time to give more freedom to the writers to do whatever they want, if they make a prequel they wouldn't have much freedom because they would need to be careful (specially in the modern day part) to not contradict some events of Desmond's trilogy...

Can't argue the sense of this opinion.

SixKeys
03-11-2012, 11:54 PM

Off-topic but I hadn't seen this comparison before. I'm kind of amazed how accurate the face scan is. Why did he look so weird in Revelations if they were able to have a near-perfect scan of the model's face?

Black_Widow9
03-12-2012, 01:14 AM
Please post this here-
Beyond ACIII (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/662609)
Thanks ;)