PDA

View Full Version : Marquis de La Fayette: The French Revolution Connection

brick177
03-11-2012, 04:21 AM
I was looking into the Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen that has been widely discussed on this forum as being the "one place where the two [phrygian cap and masonic eye] come together" to see if there was a connection with the American Revolution. I found the Marquis de La Fayette.

La Fayette was a French general who aided in the American Revolution, and, in fact, was so instrumental in the war that he is still highly revered in the United States today with many cities and towns named after him and statues in his honor. An odd bit of trivia, La Fayette named his only son Georges Washington de La Fayette.

Anyway, in France in 1789, La Fayette prepared and proposed to the National Constituent Assembly "The Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen."

I think we should expect a major role for La Fayette in AC3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilbert_du_Motier,_marquis_de_Lafayette

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declaration_of_the_Rights_of_Man_and_of_the_Citize n

TorQue1988
03-11-2012, 11:10 AM
I think and hope the next game will be in France.
Also Benjamin Franklin traveled to France a few times as well.

Assassin_M
03-11-2012, 11:17 AM
Well, we can almost dismiss the idea of AC III having a bit of the french revolution seeing as the game ends in 1783

brick177
03-11-2012, 04:03 PM
Well, we can almost dismiss the idea of AC III having a bit of the french revolution seeing as the game ends in 1783

Yes. Although Paris would make a perfect single -city expansion.

I brought this up mostly because Sean Hastings comment at the end of brotherhood might still have meaning if we work with La Fayette on the Declaration of the rights of man.

TorQue1988
03-11-2012, 05:54 PM
Yes. Although Paris would make a perfect single -city expansion.

I brought this up mostly because Sean Hastings comment at the end of brotherhood might still have meaning if we work with La Fayette on the Declaration of the rights of man.
A city like Paris is too big for a DLC. and it would be a missed opportunity for Ubisoft to feature the French Revolution in just a short DLC. Not to mention it would be weird to see Connor running around in his Mohawk clothes in France.
Like i said they should set the next game in France, and i think they are planning that already; also in a recent interview they brought up the fact that the American Revolution kick-started the French one so it could be a hint to the next game, because i don't see any other point in mentioning something that everyone already knows.

fugazi787
03-11-2012, 06:04 PM
next game? isnt this story done after ACIII. Dec 21, 2012... isnt this all coming to a conclusion? Anything more after ACIII would just seem to be drawing out a completed story. Or maybe thats just me.

LightRey
03-11-2012, 06:10 PM
next game? isnt this story done after ACIII. Dec 21, 2012... isnt this all coming to a conclusion? Anything more after ACIII would just seem to be drawing out a completed story. Or maybe thats just me.
Desmond's story will be finished, but they're not just going to drop a popular game series just like that.

fugazi787
03-11-2012, 07:53 PM
Desmond's story will be finished, but they're not just going to drop a popular game series just like that.

So Desmond's story will be finished, and its Desmond's story that tells us of the plight of the Assassin Order vs. that of the Templars. Isnt it the purpose of the Assassin's to stand vigilant of the Templars scheme? Has this series not told us that over the centuries the Templars have been seeking out these relics in order to instill their order on mankind, and doesnt this whole plot finish come Dec 2012?

So whats left? More historical stories of assassin's doing their part to thwart the templars? To me playing more historical assassins seems redundant when we know the outcome in 2012. Unless of course that in ACIII they leave it with a very weak ending which leaves it open for continuation. But that sounds like suicide to me. To not conclude this series properly would leave a bitter taste in our mouths, and to continue the story past Desmond would seem to be grossly capitalizing on a story that is done.

Of course I would love to be proven wrong and their are plenty of creative people out there who could do just that.

D.I.D.
03-11-2012, 08:02 PM
So Desmond's story will be finished, and its Desmond's story that tells us of the plight of the Assassin Order vs. that of the Templars. Isnt it the purpose of the Assassin's to stand vigilant of the Templars scheme? Has this series not told us that over the centuries the Templars have been seeking out these relics in order to instill their order on mankind, and doesnt this whole plot finish come Dec 2012?

So whats left? More historical stories of assassin's doing their part to thwart the templars? To me playing more historical assassins seems redundant when we know the outcome in 2012. Unless of course that in ACIII they leave it with a very weak ending which leaves it open for continuation. But that sounds like suicide to me. To not conclude this series properly would leave a bitter taste in our mouths, and to continue the story past Desmond would seem to be grossly capitalizing on a story that is done.

Of course I would love to be proven wrong and their are plenty of creative people out there who could do just that.

There are several dozen other artefacts known so far. They can just keep repeating the dynamic of PoE-hunting and Templar-thwarting until it loses money.

LightRey
03-11-2012, 08:09 PM

You're expecting him to finish off the entire Templar order in ACIII?

fugazi787
03-11-2012, 08:33 PM
You're expecting him to finish off the entire Templar order in ACIII?

So we stop this templar plot, and then what? Rinse and repeat? New modern assassin's dna memories? New ancestors climbing, sneaking, killing?

Seems kinda anti-climatic to wash away four years of build up and anticipation to be done again with different characters and different schemes. No?

Assassin_M
03-11-2012, 08:52 PM
So we stop this templar plot, and then what? Rinse and repeat? New modern assassin's dna memories? New ancestors climbing, sneaking, killing?

Seems kinda anti-climatic to wash away four years of build up and anticipation to be done again with different characters and different schemes. No?
I dont see anyone complaining about Shooting every year... *Cough* COD * Cough*

LightRey
03-11-2012, 10:40 PM

Who knows? We don't know what Desmond is going to do. The Templars aren't going to give up. They've been trying to do this for at least about a thousand years. It'll already be an extraordinary feat if Desmond manages to both save the world from the solar flare and stop the Templars from launching their satellite.

Really the question is what they'll be left with after ACIII. Where will the Assassin order stand? Where will the Templar order stand? What PoE's will be left?

brick177
03-11-2012, 10:54 PM
Well, this thread didn't go the way I expected. We know two things about AC's future after AC3. (1) The franchise will continue but with longer (ie, normal) production cycles of 2-3 years per game, and (2) Desmond's story will not continue.

Let's assume the solar flare kills off most of the planet in the game universe, but thanks to Desmond's work, the Templars are thwarted from using the disaster to take over the world with a clean start. We will have Assassins and Templars in a post-apocalyptic society, potentially trying to rebuild it in their own different images, and many temples and POE's still out there that could serve an importance in the rebuilding.

Also, never meant to suggest the French Revolution could be DLC, I meant it could be and "expansion" in the same sense that AC:B or AC:R were expansions, since it immediately follows the American Revolution. I don't really think they will do it, I'm just saying, if they did, I could see them doing it as a Brotherhood-type installment.