PDA

View Full Version : Will AC3 be the last game?

JanTwoSeven
03-10-2012, 11:07 PM
I hope not. I heard it's gonna be a trilogy, but they should make more games in more different places. I hope UBISOFT also releases atleast one AC game a year. Why do people dislike games being released every year?

GeneralTrumbo
03-10-2012, 11:12 PM
People dislike games being released every year because that gives less development time to make a game better. And I don't think it will be the "last" AC game. I think it will be the last of the main trilogy, yes, but I think there will be many spin-offs to come, away from the main story in the future.

JanTwoSeven
03-10-2012, 11:20 PM
But I like the idea that they worked on ac3 separately for 3 years while still releasing brotherhood/revelations. They are giving me quantity every year and quality every 2-3 years.

GeneralTrumbo
03-10-2012, 11:22 PM
But I like the idea that they worked on ac3 separately for 3 years while still releasing brotherhood/revelations. They are giving me quantity every year and quality every 2-3 years.
Well, whatever. I am fine as long as they don't intervene with the story already put in place and that is set to end this year.

JCearlyyears
03-10-2012, 11:40 PM
no

pacmanate
03-10-2012, 11:46 PM
I think its only Desmonds games that are a trilogy....?

Even so, after Desmond they are gonna have to have a real good story to compete Desmond stopping the solar flare. I wonder if Desmond will have to sacrifice himself at the end of AC3....

dxsxhxcx
03-10-2012, 11:53 PM

Even so, after Desmond they are gonna have to have a real good story to compete Desmond stopping the solar flare. I wonder if Desmond will have to sacrifice himself at the end of AC3....

I wouldn't be surprised if something like this happens...

RzaRecta357
03-10-2012, 11:56 PM
They'll probably be smaller self contained stories or something after this game releases. Different Hero. Different Ancestor. Everything wraps up in the end nice and tidy type thing.

souNdwAve89
03-10-2012, 11:58 PM
Yeah, this is suppose to be the last game in Desmond's story. Ubisoft have stated that Desmond's story was planned as a trilogy from the beginning. It is not the last game in the franchise since former Creative Director, Alex Amancio, said that the series is about cycles. Once Desmond's cycle is over, it will renew. In the latest video by Game Informer, Corey May said that once Desmond's story is over, it doesn't mean that the series will be rebooted from scratch. He wants to be able to have the games continue within the universe and reference characters like Desmond, Altair, Ezio, etc among new characters.

LieutenantJojo
03-11-2012, 12:43 AM

What if Desmond's son takes over? Didn't S16 say something about a son?

LightRey
03-11-2012, 01:39 AM
What if Desmond's son takes over? Didn't S16 say something about a son?
He did, though that may just have been a random thing that could be dismissed as crazy talk, left for future writers to build on.

JanTwoSeven
03-14-2012, 06:14 PM
I find Desmond to be pretty boring.

Assassin_M
03-14-2012, 06:15 PM
I find Desmond to be pretty boring.
Ok ??

cless711
03-14-2012, 06:47 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if this happened. Although, knowing Ubi, they will probably mindf*** us like last AC games. But who knows?

JanTwoSeven
03-14-2012, 08:24 PM
Ok ??

???

AdamXEve
03-14-2012, 09:08 PM
There is too much money for it to be, although it should be. I didn't play 2B and 2R as it were.