PDA

View Full Version : What about use Valve's Steam Plataform?

ForgiveMePlz
03-10-2012, 10:23 PM
Helo,
I would like to ask Ubisoft to consideer use Steam as Call of Duty and Football Manager uses it.
If players want to play online it would be required the install of steam, but you could still play the game without steam (direct shotcurt from the game directory).

Advantages:
- Ubisoft could use Valve's Servers to have a better multiplayer.
- The game would instantly update even if we don't want to play it, sometimes i get pissed off that when i want to play a game that got updated i need to wait for it to being updated.
- PC Players that likes to have all games at Steam (like me) could still buy YOURS copy of game and/or Collection Editions, if i buy the game directly from ubishop everything i waste is for you, isn't it? I want to support you as you make me happy :D
- Some sites as PlayFire tracks down your archivements from steam, xbox and ps3. PC Players wouldn't need to be in-game to check their trophies.

Disvantages:
- Sometimes (almost never), valve's servers are unavailiable.
- PC Players that don't like the Steam plataform would be forced to use it to play online.

I wanted to buy AcR collection edition and didn't because i want the game at steam ._.

Hope you consideer my petition since i would love to get a collection edition this time arround.

Regardings,
Me :D

YazX_
03-10-2012, 11:00 PM
Dont bother, they wont do so, if they wanna learn sth from Valve then they would release a quality product like L4d and L4d2 which both are flawless, and with all that, they always release patches instantly, unlike ubi , they start making DLCs and new games and yah the hell with customers, we got our money.

ForgiveMePlz
03-11-2012, 02:16 AM
Dont bother, they wont do so, if they wanna learn sth from Valve then they would release a quality product like L4d and L4d2 which both are flawless, and with all that, they always release patches instantly, unlike ubi , they start making DLCs and new games and yah the hell with customers, we got our money.

I don't think anymore that such aproach are usefull, i actually think that the moderators could give such a nice idea like mine to ubisoft and that we could wait for an awser from above, ofc first we need to get ppl to post here how nice it would be to have Ac3 as a steampowared game :D

Unlucky_x20
03-11-2012, 02:46 AM
Steam SUXs

ForgiveMePlz
03-11-2012, 03:31 PM
Steam SUXs

Could you explain better why you think steam sucks?

YazX_
03-11-2012, 06:24 PM
Steam SUXs

steam has over 50 million users, never lagged, never seen bugs in their games and above all that patches are delivered instantly and automatically without ur interaction.

L4d2 alone has over than 10 million users playing it on daily basis, and as i said, never lagged nor crashed.

So based on what you say it sux or you just a kid trolling here and there?

TheLeoCrow
03-12-2012, 09:05 AM
I agree with the steam suggestion. Appart from the already stated reasons, VAC is far more efficient and less spywary than punkbuster and steam works with realtek audiochips without freezing the game. It will never happen but it would be nice

ace3001
03-14-2012, 05:30 PM
I also don't know why they don't do this for PC version. And it's not a case of adding Uplay either. Techland nicely integrated Uplay with SteamWorks when they made Call of Juarez The Cartel last year. They even kept the Ubisoft Game Launcher that Ubi seems to love so much, while having the core of the game use SteamWorks.