PDA

View Full Version : will Virtual training return? do you want it to?

JCearlyyears
03-10-2012, 03:43 AM
I know I do. It could allow us to practice the new combat system and weapons. It could definitely and easily add fun to the game.
What exactly would you want it to have? EX- combat training with several sub-categories, free run practice* with sub-categories, stealth training, etc.

*Yes, I know that the game is huge and will have plenty of places to practice free running, and so maybe it isn't needed, but I think it helps with free running efficiency, as in helping you get from point A to B as fast as possible.

Moultonborough
03-10-2012, 03:46 AM
Nope, while fun once was enough. I don't think any of us need too much training on how the game works. It was cool in AC:B though.

JCearlyyears
03-10-2012, 03:52 AM
What if we want to kill lots of people, and cant find lots of people? I see how it is unreasonable to spend time and money on this new feature when the only things I would use it for are stealth and combat training, the stealth being for actual training in stealth and combat so I can kill people for as long as I want without finding more people.

SixKeys
03-10-2012, 03:58 AM
Nah. It was fun in ACB but once you've gotten all the achievements (bronze, silver, gold) once, it becomes rather pointless. ACB introduced some new weapons and combat techniques, the VR Room was a good training ground for those, but the devs have indicated that AC3 will be going back to basics and stripping away some of the old fighting techniques/weapons.

Moultonborough
03-10-2012, 03:59 AM
If you just want to kill than go get COD.

JCearlyyears
03-10-2012, 04:05 AM
If you just want to kill than go get COD.

Oh... NO. I hate COD. I like assassins creed and fighting people in assassins creed and think its annoying how combat is over so quickly so I wanted virtual training again. Sure, I could go back to ACB but then I miss out on the new weapons in AC3.

Moultonborough
03-10-2012, 04:20 AM
The combat is being redone maybe the fights will be longer than usual. Not like the Janaceries(I know that's wrong) though hopefully.

tarrero
03-10-2012, 04:31 AM
No!

I prefer that Ubisoft "invests" time and energy on other things.

kudos17
03-10-2012, 05:36 AM
People are against this feature? That's... interesting.

I'd like it back, because every once in a while I like to cut away from stealth play and just practice my combat skills. The new combat system might make it more fun, too.

SixKeys
03-10-2012, 05:40 AM
I don't have anything against a training system of some sort, I just think they could come up with a more innovative one for AC3 if they wanted to.

Razrback16
03-10-2012, 07:36 AM
Yes, it should return. I missed it in ACR. Loved it in ACB. Sometimes I go into ACB just to practice and try to beat my flawless all weapons record.

PR030T
03-10-2012, 11:01 AM
Yeah, why not? I liked it, and people who didn't can just not play it, I guess.

BeCk41
03-10-2012, 11:07 AM
I would love more time spent on training and not just jumping into missions right off the bat. So yes, more focus on training because I got confused with some of the ways the game tried to train you in ACR never mentioned the difference between hook and run and hook and throw, and I kept mixing them up (even though they were both pretty simple, but still). xD

D.I.D.
03-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Very surprised at the negativity!

Why would you not want VR training back just because you don't need it? It's not really for you, it's mostly intended for new players.

I liked ACB's VR training better than ACR's - the visual style of white, grey and red blocks was very good, and there was height to teach people climbing strategies and practice speed runs too, whereas ACR's one had that odd skatey feeling due to the flat plain with no reference points. Still, I can see why ACR's training was like that; the minimal loading time allowed you to jump in and out of it much quicker mid-game, without having to use the menu and load extra data.

GeneralTrumbo
03-10-2012, 11:40 AM
Maybe. Depends. I liked doing the challenges for it. It was in Revelations in a different form(had to press something in the loading screen to do it). It would be fine even if they just did something like that again.

LightRey
03-10-2012, 12:06 PM
I wouldn't mind it returning. Though I'd like it to be a little more interactive next time. Maybe randomized a little, I dunno.

wanabgeek
03-10-2012, 12:22 PM
Yes, it should return. I missed it in ACR. Loved it in ACB. Sometimes I go into ACB just to practice and try to beat my flawless all weapons record.

I do the same. I love VR :rolleyes:

ForgiveMePlz
03-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Besides the Ubisoft "levels" we should be able to make our own levels and to play them co-op (like St.Lucia's Dante's Inferno)....
Plus add an option that we chose what enemies spawm and how much of them at a time....

If the combat is as fun as they said then i would enjoy it more then in AcB

JCearlyyears
03-10-2012, 03:18 PM
I'm happy for the more positive responses. I don't think it's a waste of money because there are lots of people who want it and easily adds fun to the game. I was really bummed out when I realized it didn't make a return and was replaced with crap that is the select asston in the loading screens. Speaking of loading screens, I hope they never get rid of that ability to run during the loading.

ShadowRage41
03-10-2012, 04:16 PM
That was one feature I missed on Revelations. I actually enjoyed the virtual training. Or rather I enjoyed attempting to best my friends score. XD

ToniTorsi
03-10-2012, 04:25 PM
No, not really.

It served its purpose in Brotherhood.

I rather Montreal save their resources for new better features.

JCearlyyears
03-10-2012, 05:01 PM
Does this game have a specified budget? If the game has a limiting budget, and if this would cost a lot to put in, then maybe they shouldn't keep it, but I think it is actually money well spent even if it does cost a lot. I know of many people who missed it in ACR.

SixKeys
03-10-2012, 05:09 PM
I'm sure the budget is big and if they still have enough time after finishing the game, maybe they'll still add that as an extra feature, but personally I'd rather see them use the time and money on something new and fresh. If they finish the game and find out they still have some money left over, why not spend it on expanding the maps, making more side missions, new skins or tweaking the graphics?

JCearlyyears
03-10-2012, 05:37 PM
I'm sure the budget is big and if they still have enough time after finishing the game, maybe they'll still add that as an extra feature, but personally I'd rather see them use the time and money on something new and fresh. If they finish the game and find out they still have some money left over, why not spend it on expanding the maps, making more side missions, new skins or tweaking the graphics?
Good ideas. IMO if they expanded things and improved them, AND added the VT, it would be awesome(r). I think it's all worth doing.
I'd like to see all the previous robes available and the sword of altair.

JCearlyyears
03-10-2012, 06:06 PM
So I was thinking about my time during ACR and realized that there were many things I never learned were possible or how to do them because there wasn't a training like in ACB. In AC1, there was the training in the beginning, AC2 had the fighting ring in monteriggioni, and it had all the tutorial things in the beginning with game parts to practice, (How to steal, blending,fist fighting, etc,) and ACB had VT, and ACR had the crappy tutorials in the beginning that were not extensive enough, and basically, I went through that game not knowing how to do certain things until after I beat it. There were a lot of new things in ACR that hey didn't explain and it made the game feel a bit emptier. Maybe that's just me. I know there are lots of new features, and with all of the new changes, I'd really like to have a virtual training where I can practice everything. With the control change, I'd like a place to practice so I can become fluent before I start doing anything important. Now of course, they won't give you a huge challenge right when you start, but I wasn't fluent in the new features of ACR until after I beat it. (Probably because I beat it in a day.)
It wouldn't be just for fluency though, I'd still use it to have fun after I'm fluent.

crash3
03-10-2012, 08:39 PM
Training ring in AC1 and AC2 was a lot better than the virtual training programme, I didnt like that at all

JCearlyyears
03-10-2012, 08:42 PM
why?

crash3
03-10-2012, 08:45 PM
Training ring feels more realistic and actually shows the assassins learning new skills, I hated in ACB how you recruited assassins and they automatically knew how to air assassinate guards straight away. virtual training feels artificial and was only there for achievements, as ezio already had all the skills, he didnt learn anything new after AC2

JCearlyyears
03-10-2012, 09:11 PM
I see your point. I like how you see Ezio learning how in the ring in AC2, and thought it was strange that the recruits were terrible at fighting before recruited, and suddenly know how to fight and assassinate. I like the VT because it gives me a place to practice fighting where I can fight several waves of guards, and also to practice stealth which can't be accomplished in the ring. I didn't see VT as only being there for achievements. That would make it useless.

ForgiveMePlz
03-10-2012, 10:00 PM
Training ring feels more realistic and actually shows the assassins learning new skills, I hated in ACB how you recruited assassins and they automatically knew how to air assassinate guards straight away. virtual training feels artificial and was only there for achievements, as ezio already had all the skills, he didnt learn anything new after AC2

VT was not to train ezio or recruits, it was to train desmond.... i'm even surprised we played as ezio in VT :O

naran6142
03-10-2012, 10:13 PM
i would like to see it return myself, and why not there is a new animus now right.

some new features to it would be welcomed by me... plus leaderboards are fun, i was rank 500 in short streak for a while so it gives me more reason to want to back and play it

:D

JCearlyyears
03-10-2012, 10:15 PM
VT was not to train ezio or recruits, it was to train desmond.... i'm even surprised we played as ezio in VT :O

I never thought about it like that, but it does make sense. Why would Ezio be able to train and why would he need to train in his own technique?

JCearlyyears
03-10-2012, 10:17 PM
I never thought about it like that, but it does make sense. Why would Ezio be able to train and why would he need to train in his own technique?

leaderboards are cool. I never ranked high on them, but it's fun competing with friends.

E-Zekiel
03-10-2012, 10:59 PM
Yes, I would like the virtual training to return. It can be a chore to just be in a mood to fight like a badass, but not really be able to round up a satisfactory number of people. Not to mention I don't tend to do that kind of thing when playing the actual game because it's very out-of-character, in my opinion, while it's fine in a training room.

JCearlyyears
03-10-2012, 11:31 PM
Yes, I would like the virtual training to return. It can be a chore to just be in a mood to fight like a badass, but not really be able to round up a satisfactory number of people. Not to mention I don't tend to do that kind of thing when playing the actual game because it's very out-of-character, in my opinion, while it's fine in a training room.

Well put. I like big fights, and the biggest fight i've been in was in ACB with the french people.

JCearlyyears
03-19-2012, 01:12 AM
I hope we will at least have a huge fight in AC3, if we don't get VT.

frogger504
03-19-2012, 01:19 AM
I hope so...

JCearlyyears
03-19-2012, 01:27 AM
Big fight(s), VT, or both?

McDillard
03-29-2012, 06:46 AM
I DEFINITELY would love for Virtual Training to return in some form! I was so bummed when it was left out of ACR, and ACR's loading screen training was SO NOT comparable! Some of the most fun I had in ACB was in the training room, competing for high scores with friends and leaderboards. I can understand how some people think it is unnecessary once you know how to fight, but for me, virtual training wasn't to LEARN how to fight, but rather to PERFECT my combat skills. By the end, I was able to take out wave after wave of guards using only my hidden blade, while simultaneously chain killing and not getting touched. This was so satisfying, and was sorely missed in ACR. You really can't appreciate the depth and pageantry of the combat system and animations in the main game because there aren't nearly enough enemies around at 1 time to kill. But the Virtual Training room gave me a whole new admiration for what the people at Ubisoft were able to accomplish. This game still stands out to me as having one of the most satisfying combat systems to date.

I also often wondered how amazing it would be to fight in a Virtual Training room alongside a co-op buddy, dispatching enemies back to back. How bad@ss would that be?

JCearlyyears
03-29-2012, 03:22 PM
I think that coop in vt would be amazing, and hope that the coop doesn't require XBL.

reddragonhrcro
03-29-2012, 03:24 PM
Certainly would be cool if its back,VT is actualy based of VR from MGS therefore the Raiden outfit unlock.This time make Raiden from MGR,he looks even more badass now.

Sushiglutton
03-29-2012, 07:25 PM
I liked it a lot and wouldn't mind a comeback at all. I think it's a great way to do a tutorial and allowing the player to fool around with al the different gameplay elements. And they could give a nice challenge.

JumpInTheFire13
03-30-2012, 12:59 AM
I just don't know how they would do the freerunning challenges. The VR rooms were mostly geometrically regular rectangular prisms all combined to make simulations of buildings. Trees aren't shaped very regularly.

JCearlyyears
03-30-2012, 06:56 PM
With as much trees as there are in the game, I'm sure there would be no need for a VT for tree running.

Razrback16
03-30-2012, 07:34 PM
I think I read somewhere that for the AC3 combat system, the developers are still going to make it so you can be a bad-a$$, but that the controls are going to be more complicated and have a learning-curve built in so that when you're a noob, you're going to get your **** kicked, but as you get really experienced at it, you can become more like Ezio and just own groups of enemies. For this reason, I would LOVE to see VR return for the training purposes to get good at it.

UrDeviant1
03-30-2012, 07:36 PM
I only ever used the VR to either get achievements, or unlock outfits. So I'm not too fussed If It returns, but I suspect It will.

JCearlyyears
03-30-2012, 07:46 PM
I told somebody else jokingly that they sounded messed up for liking to kill massive amounts of people, but I guess brotherhood was only really good when you kill massive amounts of people, kind of like U.S. food. I play the VT and kill thousands of people in a few hours which is fun(ny) because who would go to attack someone after they just killed 100 people w/o getting hit?