PDA

View Full Version : Hearing during eagle sense is awkward ACR

JCearlyyears
03-10-2012, 02:40 AM
This is a problem that seems uselessly present. While using eagle vision/sense, there is weird useless background noise. I would imagine that his hearing would be amplified, not drowned out with weird noises. I'd really like it if I could have enhanced hearing during eagle sense, but at least take out the added background noise during eagle sense. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, turn on ACR , and listen while walking around, then turn on eagle sense and notice the extra weird noises. IMO, it is 100% useless. I see no reason for it. Please Ubisoft, fix this.

Maybe comment how you would like the hearing to be enhanced?

SixKeys
03-10-2012, 03:50 AM
I'm pretty sure that background noise has always been there when you use Eagle Vision, starting with the very first game. I don't mind it, it gives it that otherworldly, mysterious feeling whenever you use it. It also means the assassin is focusing extra hard on something. He might gain some advantage from it but at the cost of his normal senses.

Moultonborough
03-10-2012, 03:52 AM
I never really noticed it much. Except you can't hear the rooftop guards.

JCearlyyears
03-10-2012, 03:54 AM
Kinda, but I just don't feel like those are good enough reasons. I didn't notice it much before, but it was really annoying in ACR.

InfectedNation
03-10-2012, 09:14 AM
Gotta agree with OP, it was bearable in the other games, but in Revelations there was a constant loud whispery ambience which constantly got me thinking a stalker was coming, and made it too hard to hear voices. If Connor has Eagle Sense I really hope they enhance perceptions as much as possible when using (perhaps even being to approximate location of out-of-sight targets by his hearing)

Also seeing as Connor has grown up in the wilderness in a small village - it could be a good story reason for developing Eagle Sense at a much younger age than Ezio - because he needed it for survival and hunting.

Assassin_M
03-10-2012, 09:17 AM
I actually like it, I wouldnt be discussing how to enhance it or fix it really..
I like to think that It takes away many of his sense`s powers to focus solely on this one

pirate1802
03-10-2012, 10:43 AM
I actually like it, I wouldnt be discussing how to enhance it or fix it really..
I like to think that It takes away many of his sense`s powers to focus solely on this one

Interesting view, my only problem with the Eagle sense was that it dims the awesome background score.

JCearlyyears
03-10-2012, 02:33 PM
Since this guy is a hunter, and probably uses eagle sense to hunt, like infectednation said, he would have had to develop it at a younger age. I know it's originally called eagle vision, not hearing, and its called eagle sense, not eagle senses, but I feel like I should be able to hear better to hear people/ animals footsteps better. I heard in ACR Ezio was supposed to be able to hear his target's heartbeat. I never heard anyones heartbeat. I'm pretty sure it was in the game informer.
Edit: Yes, it is in the Game Informer. It says he is wiser and that he uses more than just his eyes to perceive his surroundings. He can gather bits of conversations from a longer distance and hear the rapid heartbeat of his nervous target.

Jexx21
03-10-2012, 05:20 PM
Maybe those are the weird noises you're hearing.

JCearlyyears
03-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Maybe those are the weird noises you're hearing.

No, definitely not.

JCearlyyears
03-10-2012, 10:26 PM
I played ACR earlier today and for sure, I can hear much worse with eagle sense.

Jakob4242
03-10-2012, 11:50 PM
Since this guy is a hunter, and probably uses eagle sense to hunt, like infectednation said, he would have had to develop it at a younger age. I know it's originally called eagle vision, not hearing, and its called eagle sense, not eagle senses, but I feel like I should be able to hear better to hear people/ animals footsteps better. I heard in ACR Ezio was supposed to be able to hear his target's heartbeat. I never heard anyones heartbeat. I'm pretty sure it was in the game informer.
Edit: Yes, it is in the Game Informer. It says he is wiser and that he uses more than just his eyes to perceive his surroundings. He can gather bits of conversations from a longer distance and hear the rapid heartbeat of his nervous target.

There is a mercenary mission, where Eagle Sense activates itself, and Ezio mentions that the Mercenary's son has weak/faint heartbeat from poison. However you right in that it doesn't seem noticeable while Ezio is around a crowd of citizens.

RzaRecta357
03-10-2012, 11:54 PM
It's whispers because he's hearing everything at once. That's to much noise to take in. He can focus it like Altair does when sitting on benches and what not.

playassassins1
03-11-2012, 12:33 AM
i think the sound is perfectly fine. the only thing i hated was the Eagle Vision in AC I. AC II ACB and ACR were no problem

JCearlyyears
03-11-2012, 03:00 AM
There is a mercenary mission, where Eagle Sense activates itself, and Ezio mentions that the Mercenary's son has weak/faint heartbeat from poison. However you right in that it doesn't seem noticeable while Ezio is around a crowd of citizens.

I forgot about that, but the game informer said nervous target, not poisoned son.

JCearlyyears
03-11-2012, 03:01 AM
It's whispers because he's hearing everything at once. That's to much noise to take in. He can focus it like Altair does when sitting on benches and what not.

I don't remember hearing whispers.

JCearlyyears
03-11-2012, 03:02 AM
i think the sound is perfectly fine. the only thing i hated was the Eagle Vision in AC I. AC II ACB and ACR were no problem

That is certainly your opinion, but clearly not mine. If it was perfectly fine, I wouldn't have posted this thread.

JCearlyyears
03-11-2012, 03:06 AM
I think they need to show more signs of advancement and evolution to make it feel like eagle sense is progressing throughout the series, and continue it. They have had advancements to eagle vision in each, and I'd hate to see it stop here. I don't see how you have a problem with improvements.