PDA

View Full Version : Throwable tomahawk?

Noble6
03-09-2012, 06:08 PM
I thought that this great new weapon deserved its own thread. So anyway we have seen it used as melee weapon but it is also throwable weapon. My guestions is can we throw tomahawk? If we can, do we have to retrieve it? Or does it automatically come to usable like batarangs in Arkham city with small time limit? I think we may not get to throw tomahawks which is kinda shame but we already have the bow.

eagleforlife1
03-09-2012, 06:11 PM
It's just a guess but I'm going to say no. Hopefully there will be a story reason, such as it is an heirloom with some personal value to Connor.

LightRey
03-09-2012, 06:20 PM
If it is throwable it'll likely be similar to throwable weapons in ACB and ACR.

AnthonyA85
03-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Though it would be interesting to see him throw the tomahawk, i see it being classed as a Small Weapon, and in past games, we couldn't throw those, knives were the only exception, but we didn't really fight hand-to-hand with those.

Can you imagine how much hassle it'll be trying to pick up the tomahawk out of a pile of dead bodies and dropped weapons?

Poodle_of_Doom
03-09-2012, 06:31 PM
I think at some point during the interview with what's his face (the lead developer), he said that it would be throwable. I would hope that it's something you would have to retreive, and would not respawn.

Noble6
03-09-2012, 07:17 PM
If it is throwable it'll likely be similar to throwable weapons in ACB and ACR.
Yeah but it doesn't seem like weapon you would carry many with you. Maybe mini tomahawks replacing throwing knives haha. By the way does anyone think throwing knives will return since the photos we've seen don't show knife belt. Personally I don't care because we have two pistols, bow and rifle already and knives would be just too much.

eagleforlife1
03-09-2012, 07:23 PM
Yeah but it doesn't seem like weapon you would carry many with you. Maybe mini tomahawks replacing throwing knives haha. By the way does anyone think throwing knives will return since the photos we've seen don't show knife belt. Personally I don't care because we have two pistols, bow and rifle already and knives would be just too much.

I hope throwing knives don't return. I felt we had too much equipment with Ezio as well as having pistols and crossbows as well.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-09-2012, 07:26 PM

I agree. It would be to much. I think the tomahawk would be something that you use, and have to take it back out of someones skull.

LightRey
03-09-2012, 07:52 PM

I was actually referring to spears, axes, etc.

SolidSage
03-09-2012, 08:22 PM
I think it would be pretty cool, especially if you could fluidly go from hacking somebody into throwing it. Retrieving it might be a pain but that adds more fun for me, you'd probably only chuck it when chasing a loner or things getting desperate, in which case losing it would be the last of your concerns.
Really want to see a spear too.

It begs the question, if it is throwable, can then another weapon be ysed and combined for the two handed dealy? Sword and knife for example, or two knives, two tomahawks, a knife and a mace, etc?

pacmanate
03-09-2012, 08:31 PM
That won't happen... If it did it would result in 2 weird things.

1. You suddenly have like 5 that you can't see on Connors body, deducts realism
2. You lose it and can never get another one.

I think like someone said above it will act as a small weapon

SleezeRocker
03-09-2012, 11:08 PM
I'd like to throw a tomahawk at a soldier behind the guy I stab with hidden blade to throat, vault over dead guy and get me Hawk back lol

LightRey
03-09-2012, 11:12 PM
Well I can imagine there being some types of attacks where Connor throws it from a (relatively) close range and picks it up again automatically.

CroppedPlane998
04-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Well I can imagine there being some types of attacks where Connor throws it from a (relatively) close range and picks it up again automatically.

I think it should be throwable, but since it will probably be a small weapon, it can only be thrown in certain situations, then once the animation is complete/all nearby enemies are down, Conner will automatically go and take it out of the enemy's chest it was buried in.
Like, imagine this scenario: you just finish off like 3 or 4 guys around you, and the last one is taking aim with his musket; you could just whip out your flintlock to take him out, but a little variety along with some style would be nice; thus, but only in certain contexts (this is like the noted context-sensitive action of using somebody as a human shield), you should be able to whip around, and knowing he's about to pull the trigger, you come around after dropping the last guy next to you and you should be able to stick it right into his chest from a distance. That would be really neat and stylish; I don't care if you can't throw the thing whenever you want (and I'm sure Ubisoft doesn't want that anyway), but it should be a finishing move in certain situations. After the guy is dropped, Conner walks over and pulls it out. That would be one of those little things, one of those little flairs, that the fans would love to see happen. Please, people with the same or similar concept, if you can find a way to better describe this, please do :) let's spread this around. Yes, I believe it would not be cool if you could just throw it everywhere and whenever, but in certian situations, it seems like a must-have action!!

KillGhast
04-04-2012, 07:42 PM
A throwable tomahawk would be cool instead of little throwing knifes or whatever. Not that you can throw it from a long distance. If they don't have this feature I don't really care, it would be something extra.

rileypoole1234
04-04-2012, 08:03 PM
I think Poodle is right and we'll have to go retrieve it out of the man's body that we killed. It might show up on the map also if we forget who it was that we threw it at.

BBALive
04-04-2012, 09:59 PM
Hopefully it'll be throwable in some way. Perhaps it'll be similar to the gun kills in AC:B where you held down the attack ****on following a combo-kill.

I think that's how you performed it, I haven't played Brotherhood in a long time.

JCearlyyears
04-05-2012, 12:39 AM
I like the way it is in RDR but he carries 20 and that's just ridiculous. I doubt he will throw it.