PDA

View Full Version : Artifact Assault: what was that?

Anykeyer
03-09-2012, 04:15 PM
Here's a nice video that I want to show
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CoYnQQlPR4
Its artifact assult game recorded on PC. Sorry, there is no audio, I had to record it fast.
A few things to notice:
- this runs at lightspeed
- she is also able to steal OUR artifact on HER base and deliver it to ours in order to score.
- you can also notice this only applies to her and her friend Arlekin2011 (yes, he is her friend, they always play Assasinate in team which is BS by itsefl) who joined in second session, all other players in other team have to grab our artifact on our base

And now is my question: WHAT SH!T IS THIS?
If there is a bug/exploit, then I want to know how to reproduce it to report to Ubisoft for fixing
If there is a hack tool then I want to know where I can find it to submit it to Ubisoft and Evenbalance for review and adding into BunkBuster. I tried using google but found nothing.

derfy2
03-09-2012, 05:10 PM
That looks like lag to me. Not saying it's not a hack / cheat, but lag causes some ODD things in this game.

DirtyImpulz
03-09-2012, 05:34 PM
That looks like lag to me. Not saying it's not a hack / cheat, but lag causes some ODD things in this game.
Looks a lot like lag or someone with connection issues at least.

j0kay
03-09-2012, 06:30 PM
That's not lag. If it would be lag or another connection issue, somebody would have seen somthing like that before.
I'm sure it is a cheat.

Anykeyer
03-09-2012, 07:55 PM
Actually its second time when I see this. First time was also recorded, just not by me. But you can see me in this video observing whats going on.
Here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ-w2kDrKkY

Black_Widow9
03-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Naming and shaming is against the Forum Rules. Each console has a different means of reporting someone for cheating so please use these methods

Anykeyer
03-12-2012, 10:42 PM
I started this thread not as name and shame. And Im not reporting a cheater. Im reporting a hack tool or exploit apparently not blocked by anticheat system integrated in PC version (which is PunkBuster) while it should be. Where exactly can I submit my video? Its PC, not console.

DirtyImpulz
03-13-2012, 12:03 AM
Naming and shaming is against the Forum Rules. Each console has a different means of reporting someone for cheating so please use these methods
So does that mean that this is someone hacking?
Would be useful to know if I ever run into someone having this 'problem'.

ElleCore
03-13-2012, 12:21 AM
It's Cheat Engine.. I'm 100% sure of it. Though I'm not sure how it's done, but a friend of mine does it when we play Private just for laughs.

superb123
03-13-2012, 09:06 PM
yes I think it is hack or mode tool which can boost up runing speed 50% more faster then general running speed.

Not only that user using it,there are many many bit-ches who using that types of hack tools for showing themself as smart ***.

example:introductory session 2,this has no way to get above 3000 points in general BUT look at "Leatherboard" there has many users who scored above 3000 and 4000 too LOL and they are all cheaters.

j0kay
03-13-2012, 09:34 PM
It's Cheat Engine.. I'm 100% sure of it. Though I'm not sure how it's done, but a friend of mine does it when we play Private just for laughs.
Very intelligent idea to post the name of the "cheat".

TheLeoCrow
03-13-2012, 11:24 PM
Is there anyone who doesn't know cheat engine? I never used it but i know of it. I used to use a similar program, called art money, to get unlimited sands of time in POP:WW and other POP games.

Anyway, knowing of a program that does something like this (edit some game values) doesn't help you cheat in such a way, it would also need a lot of knowledge about how the game works.

On a side note, it's "nice" to know that the spyware called punkbuster can't even detect such a widespread tool like cheat engine

ElleCore
03-14-2012, 12:27 AM

Well I bet most players that played for quite some time now and are familiar with the game know about this "cheat".
And if noobs that are new go on and find out about it, it's not like they will be able to use it anyway.. it's quite difficult.

DirtyImpulz
03-14-2012, 01:12 PM
The thing is that most so called "hackers" are nothing more than a bunch of script-kiddies that just downloaded some tool to get an unfair advantage.
Nothing honorable about being a sad person that needs a program-tool to play a game.

The fact that PB doesn't detect it is probably because the real hackers are always one step ahead. Eventually this will get detected by PB, but then another version of the hack or a complete different hack will find a way to bypass PB.

Anykeyer
03-14-2012, 05:52 PM
I reported this program to Evenbalance and already got a reply that they will look at it.

Without actual tables this program is useless for unexperienced user. And I was unable to find them in open sources.

j0kay
03-14-2012, 07:28 PM
Without actual tables this program is useless for unexperienced user. And I was unable to find them in open sources.
But the cheat in Artifact Assault is very easy to do. I tried it yesterday in a private session.

spectatorx
03-14-2012, 08:07 PM
The best cheat ever is... natural gaming skills.

Anykeyer
03-14-2012, 09:26 PM
The best cheat ever is... natural gaming skills.
What makes this mode so special? Especially why I never seen speed hack in other modes?
And you crated your own tables or used premade?

spectatorx
03-14-2012, 09:45 PM
Do not ask me, i'm not cheating in any game, cheating brings no fun.

ElleCore
03-14-2012, 10:09 PM
So Evenbalance said they are going to integrate cheat engine protection into Punkbuster? I hope that really happens.