PDA

View Full Version : do you expect to see pirates in assassins creed 3?

shogunko
03-09-2012, 02:03 PM
basically the age when piracy as we have grown to know it is around the same time period the revolutionary war starts and ends shortly after the war. pirates of the caribbean even takes place during the time period. im not saying be a pirate and go on a journey in a ship but do you expect to see maybe a couple missions with maybe pirates attacking a port in boston or new york? it could definetely make for an interesting piece to the game. imagine having a secret island(kinda like the one from revelations in the story) where you would find a big camp of pirates stealing gold or killing innocents. pirates might even help because they aren't too fond of the british.

thoughts?

LightRey
03-09-2012, 02:16 PM
You do realize that pirates were nothing like they are in Pirates of the Caribbean and they rarely attacked ports, right?

EscoBlades
03-09-2012, 03:00 PM
No pirates (in the main story)
No zombies.

That is all i ask of the dev team with each new game. The day either of those enter Assassin's Creed (more so the zombies), i will quit the franchise, haha.

AJlion
03-09-2012, 03:05 PM
the zombie thing really pisses me off. its best for 10 year olds... we need a game like AC2 with much singleplayer. It would be much better off if ubi made two separate discs, one being for single and other for multiplayer

LightRey
03-09-2012, 03:06 PM
Well I'd be ok with privateers, which can be considered pirates. They're really the same as mercenaries, but they fight at sea.

reddragonhrcro
03-09-2012, 03:27 PM
Zombies + AC = ???

How would that work?

archie7272
03-09-2012, 03:31 PM
Apparently there is a mission where Conner's in the middle of two tall ships at war, so I think that's as close as we're ever going to get to pirates.

GLHS
03-09-2012, 03:36 PM
To the question of the topic: Duh, of course there will be pirates in it! This is a Pirates of the Caribbean game we're talking about here!.............oh wait....no it's not! Wtf, why would there be pirates in an AC game? Especially one about a Native American Assassin and takes place during the revolution. There's been ships and ports and all that in every AC game and have you ever seen a pirate? Aside for the pirate characters in the MP for verity. Come on now.

Acrimonious_Nin
03-09-2012, 03:47 PM
lol welcome to the forums...I want to start like that...ok -breathe- ...I do not know much about the history of pirates and there involvement in the american revolution(they might of had non what so ever ). But if there was a side mission where pirates attacked that would be a fun to see the pirates in action and the assassins fight them of or something, but I doubt that they will have any part(maybe other than in multiplayer) in the game. :D

P.S if there is any kind of pirates they better not have enrique's mole on there face !

eagleforlife1
03-09-2012, 03:48 PM
I've got nothing wrong with pirates being in an AC. They did exist unlike zombies.

LightRey
03-09-2012, 03:49 PM
I've got nothing wrong with pirates being in an AC. They did exist unlike zombies.

Not like the pirates in Pirates of the Caribbean though.

eagleforlife1
There have already been pirates in ACB when they kidnapped Madame Solari.

eagleforlife1
Not like the pirates in Pirates of the Caribbean though.

Exactly, but then again I didn't ask for Jack Sparrow to be running around lol.

LightRey
03-09-2012, 03:50 PM
There have already been pirates in ACB when they kidnapped Madame Solari.

Those weren't pirates. That was the Cento Occhi gang. They were slave traders.